Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:45:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 228
Total: 231

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: need everyones opinion, very stressed and scared  (Read 9954 times)

Offline 27male

need everyones opinion, very stressed and scared
« on: June 01, 2010, 09:01:58 am »
back in end january beginning of till now of this year I've been feeling bad. My symptoms from then till now are as followed, lightheadedness, dizzy, weight loss (140 to 129 since february) mostly in face hands arms legs butt and feet, tiredness, insomnia, small pin like red spots on hands arms and chest, pain in eyes sensitive to light, blurry vision, increased floaters, red palms and feet, decreased moons in nails, reddening under nails, small brown like birthmarks showing up everywhere, dot remember a sore throat in janurary, redness in back of throat around tonsils but not sore, slite night sweats nothing major, receding gums, drymouth, white tongue, slow hair and nail growth, some hair loss, trouble swallowing and feeling like something in throat, oily flaky skin on face, my derm says I have kp on my arms and thighs and butt, had dirhea in february for t days, now ist just loose floating stool, chest pain in feb, pain in penis and testicles and burning feeling after urination, and the list goes on. I went for std test last week including hiv 1&2 eia test and all negative. Had lots of blood work done and it's abnormal. Had colonascopy and endoscopy done and dr sayd I had an inflamed colon and lower part of esophagus is inflammed but biopsies came back neg. If need any more info let me know. And now my gf is losing weight. Please help.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: need everyones opinion, very stressed and scared
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 09:05:36 am »
After all of that I don't know what you think you did that put you at risk for HIV. And when did it happen timewise?
Andy Velez

Offline 27male

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 09:15:27 am »
well all started in feb, I'm a firefighter so I'm exposd to alot but I'm as careful as can be. And in feb I was at a baitshop drinking coffee and this weirdo walked in and when he talked he would be spitting out of his mouth and I'm afraid it went in my coffe , sounds weird but. Also I've only had 1 gf and I've been with her for last 6 years

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 09:30:08 am »

Being a firefighter is not going to expose you to hiv infection. Not unless you're shagging your co-workers without a condom.

"This weirdo"? So you're saying that "weirdos" are hiv positive? Because it sure sounds that way. Nice way to insult the very people you're coming to for help and advice. 

Again, unless you're shagging these "weirdos" without a condom, then you have not been at risk for hiv infection.

Saliva is not infectious. "This weirdo" could have grabbed you and spit directly in your mouth and you wouldn't have been at risk for hiv infection - no, not even if "this weirdo" is hiv positive.

It sounds like you didn't bother to read our Transmission Lesson linked to in the Welcome thread you're SUPPOSED TO READ BEFORE POSTING. 

Ann
(who must be a weirdo)
(and a pissed off one at that)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 09:34:38 am »
You did not do anything that put you at risk. I don't know what you mean  being at particular risk as a fireman.

HIV is a fragile virus. Sexually the only confirmed risks are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse.

In a relationship, using condoms should only be stopped if the relationship is securely monogamous and both partners have tested negative at a reliable point, meaning 13 weeks after the last unprotected intercourse.

If you haven't already read our lesson on transmission, do so. There's a link to it in the welcome thread which opens this section of the Forums.

As far as I can see you are worrying needlessly about HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline 27male

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 09:41:58 am »
I didn't mean to use it in that term. I'm sorry but I would like more replies. Also my blood work is off to and I'm scared even more since my gf is losing alot of weight. Maybe I got it a 4 years ago cuz I remember getting the flue really bad and was out of work for a week but my hiv tes the other day said non reactive

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 09:45:00 am »
A non-reactive test means you are HIV negative.

Whatever is going on symptomatically with you and your gf, based on what you have reported of your history, I don't see any reason to think it has anything to do with HIV. Both of you should discuss your so-called symptoms with your doctors.
Andy Velez

Offline 27male

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 09:55:05 am »
I'm just afraid I got it a few years ago and it's giving a non reactive result. I've read that if you have aids it won't show on hiv test. In the last 3 months my lymph count has been low and my wbc has been on the high normal range and my neut has been high. Been to hospital 2 times in last 3 months. I'm also losing feeling in hands and feet and face and also a decrease in hearing and ringing in ears.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 09:58:12 am »

What you read is wrong. Once a person seroconverts, they will always have hiv antibodies. The only rare exceptions have been people at the very end stages of untreated hiv infection - and no, you don't fit that description. You'd be close to death in a hospital.

You tested hiv antibody negative - non-reactive - because you DO NOT HAVE HIV. Deal with it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline 27male

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 10:08:11 am »
how long does seroconvert last

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 10:14:07 am »

The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six WEEKS, with the average time to seroconversion being only 22 days.

The illness that SOMETIMES - not always - accompanies seroconversion can last anywhere from a couple days to two weeks. It is very non-specific and flu-like. It is your body's reaction to certain chemicals your body produces while producing antibodies, not a reaction to the virus itself.

If a person is going to experience seroconversion illness, it usually happens two or three weeks following infection. Symptoms do not come and go nor do they happen sequentially - it comes on all at once and goes all at once.

If you were infected four years ago,  you would test positive now, without a doubt. You do NOT have hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline 27male

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 12:12:37 pm »
so I tested 15 weeks non reactive since beginning of february till the 15 of may. I also read about that everything I listed symptoms wisse are related to hiv and aids. My cbc blood work has been off since february, my lymph count went from 34 to23 to 13 to 26 now back at 23. My absolute lymph count went from 2.6 to 2.1 to 1.3 to 2.6 now back at 2.3. My wbc  has been in the high normal range from 8.0 to 10.1 and my neut has been high since february and absolute neut has just got back to normal but reg neut still high. Have had low mcv and mch since 2008 and high rdw since 2008, and random high rbc count off and on, that should throw you for a loop since it says hiv and aids drops your lymph count

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2010, 12:50:21 pm »
All of those blood test details are irrelevant as far as HIV is concerned. Only the result of an HIV specific test matters. And you have tested negative for HIV.

You are HIV negative.

Are you paying attention to anything other than hearsay and your fears?
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 12:59:08 pm »

The window period for hiv testing is three months. You conclusively tested hiv negative at almost four months - for a NO RISK incident.

Saliva is NOT infectious. Not one person has ever been infected from saliva and you certainly won't be the first.

All the symptoms you list can be symptoms of many other illnesses, not just hiv. You have ruled hiv out as a cause. Work with your doctor to find out what, if anything is wrong with you.

YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV. End of story.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline 27male

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 01:07:00 pm »
well coming from medical sites on the net and and chatting with md on forums they say 6 months is the best to test and reading about all the symptoms from web md and others. And the fact that I have lost weight and have sunken cheeks develop in the last 2 months and my gf has lost alot but she isn't going through all I'm going through but you can see a drastic weght change in her. the fact that my skin has felt hot to the touch in the last 3 months so has my gf and her skin used to be cold all the tim and not sweating like I used to. All the symptoms I posted are related look them up for urself. And I also read if you develop aids it WILL NOT show up on any hiv test aven early stages of aids.

Offline 27male

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 01:09:12 pm »
sry I posted before I could get a chance to read the warning

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 01:11:52 pm »
Have you read ANY of the replies?

You do not get HIV from some "weirdo" spitting in your coffee. I am actually appalled that a FIREFIGHTER, who might have to actually put himself at real risk to save an  HIV infected person, has not the faintest clue how the disease is spread.

PLEASE

read our "Transmissions" lesson, and educate yourself.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 01:21:27 pm »

I don't know where you're reading all of this MISinformation on hiv - and furthermore, I don't care.

The window period for hiv testing has been at three months for quite a few years now. As I said above, most people will test positive by six weeks after being infected.

You're worried about being infected in February. Even if you had a real risk - such as unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse - and were infected, you would not have progressed to such a debilitated state of health so quickly that your body ceased to produce antibodies. It's very rare even for someone dealing with 20 years of untreated hiv and on their deathbed to cease creating hiv antibodies.

You're missing the main point here - SALIVA IS NOT INFECTIOUS - and there's no way on earth you're going to become infected because someone may have spit in your coffee. Get a grip.

If you're worried about your health, go back to your doctor. Whatever is going on is absolutely NOT hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline 27male

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 03:56:50 pm »
1 more thing, I don't have the best teeth in the world but, I have a broken molar that's down to the root for the last year and sometimes when I brush my teeth my gums bleed, but I also read that you can get it by saliva if you have open sores or bleeding gums in the mouth

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 04:09:03 pm »
I don't know where you are getting all of this misinformation and I don't need to know. Although saliva can contain low levels of HIV, it is not infectious. Period.

You need to give it up and get on with your life and maybe for other health reasons do something about getting your teeth fixed.

Andy Velez

Offline 27male

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2010, 04:25:38 pm »
my teeth aren't that bad just the broken molar and a couple cavities. And it's info om getting off medical sites just like all the other info. I also read all thatcan happen to you body with bad teeth but not all the symptoms I listed. I just don't get the low lymphcyte count that's what's bugging me and all the symptoms I've been having since the beginning of february. Sorry if I'm bothering you guys but I'm scared that's all. I've been a healthy person all my life, rarely ever got sick and now all this crap happening to me. The dock gave me xanax but it didn't do nothing and put on doxy and didn't do anything.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2010, 04:30:09 pm »
   Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2010, 05:14:10 pm »
You need to address any medical problems with your doctor(s). We can't help you with that. All we can tell you is that your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV.

Nor can we help you with your emotional problems in this setting. Get yourself professional help if you need it.

You're just at the edge of getting a Time Out. If you continue to return when HIV is not the real issue you will definitely get a Time Out. We've done what we can do for you here.
Andy Velez

Offline 27male

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2010, 05:35:02 pm »
ok sorry, just wanted an answer for that last post I put up that was it

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2010, 08:07:20 pm »
Nothing you are reporting mouthwise put you at risk for HIV. But dental problems can become very serious so do what you can about getting them addressed.
Andy Velez

Offline 27male

two questions about my test
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2010, 01:57:10 pm »
since not feeling well since february 2010 , I had an hiv 1&2 test done may 12, 2010, will primary or late stage hiv show, and what does hiv 1&2 EIA mean, it says it on test, also my possible exposure would have been in end of january/ beginning of february

Offline 27male

Re: two questions about my test
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2010, 02:55:59 pm »
oh and just to add, I have been with my gf for 6 year and she's the only gf I ever had sexually so my possible exposure is not sex related. Just bare with me people, I'm sorry if I'm annoying all the regulars on here.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2010, 03:08:44 pm »
I've merged your threads here. Please follow our rule and keep all of your entries in this same thread.

There's nothing to add to what has already been said. You have reliably tested negative for HIV. You are HIV negative.

I don't know what else you think may have put you at risk for HIV.

It's not a matter of annoying us. As far as I can tell you never had a risk and your HIV 1&2 EIA (Elisa) test result confirmed that.

Cut out the drama and get on with your life. If you have physical problems discuss them with your doctor. This is not an HIV situation. Period. 
Andy Velez

Offline 27male

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2010, 03:33:14 pm »
but could I have gotten it some how years ago and now in primary or late stage where it won't show up on the test. I went from 140 lbs to 128 in 2 months and I'm scared, since I'm eatting like a pig and not gaining anything

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2010, 04:15:39 pm »
Your medical concerns are something to discuss with your doctor. You don't have HIV because you have reliably tested negative.

You are twisting around somehows and what ifs to fit your unfounded fears about HIV. Get some professional help if you can't let go of your fears which have no basis in HIV science.

I am giving you that 28 day Time Out which you have been warned several times was coming.

Don't make the mistake of trying to get around it by creating a new name for yourself. We will spot that immediately and it will get your banned permanently from the site.

Whether you can believe it or not HIV is not your problem.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.