Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:23:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 704
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 688
Total: 688

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: No goodbyes - just see you laters  (Read 6918 times)

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
No goodbyes - just see you laters
« on: July 19, 2007, 02:01:55 am »
Thursday 9am: I'm down to one more sleep before I depart this sleepy Greek island to return to UK turf. Eek!

Tomorrow is moving day. Most of my things are packed ready to be sent in the morning. Just a few last minute things left and my computer stuff - been leaving the pc till last. I do have a laptop that will be staying with me, but the pc is sooo much better for skyping etc and has been like a lifeline to me for many months.

The cats are Not Happy. >:( I advised them to say their farewell meows to any local Greek feline friends yesterday as last night they were to be (and were) locked indoors for the remainder of our time here. I don't think they got the message. Fat one was meowing most of the night wanting to be anywhere but inside. Thin one happily slept. This morning both were pawing at the front door. I hate keeping them in but no choice. They have to be here for vet stuff today and then I can't risk them doing a disappearing act before the journey tomorrow. So my bedroom - which is now an empty echo chamber - is set up with cat boxes, food and litter tray for the next 36 hours. Thin one has gone back to sleep. After much pitiful meowing and equally pitiful gazes in my direction, fat one has found the darkest coolest corner behind tons of stuff and has curled up there asleep in what I know is protest.

As for me, as well as pack pack packing, I've been soaking up some of the Greek sun while I can and spending time with the few friends I have here. People keep asking me how I feel. Honestly? Apart from tired from the heat, I feel fine. Excited. Practically trembling with anticipation at what the next chapter holds for me. The way I look at it - bar a few friends, a great climate and stunning views - I have very little to leave behind here and so much more to look forward to. My future looks very rosy and I cant wait to get stuck in with it.

I've told people I know and care about here that I'll be back - because I will - it will be a great place to visit for sunny holidays and I have every intention of doing so, probably starting next summer. My friends are sad to see me go but in all honesty, I'm not sad to go. With the way my loved ones are scattered across the globe and all the travelling I do nowadays, I know that whenever I want to see whoever I want to see, I will. Simple as that.

So the parting message I've been giving my friends here is: No goodbyes - just see you laters. :)

Melia

/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
Re: No goodbyes - just see you laters
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 03:40:06 am »
Only better things await, darling. Your exile has ended and you're going home again.

Brent
(Who loves his Melia)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 03:55:58 am »
Aww poor kitties, they'll adjust and be happy to be in their new home. Wishing you a safe trip. Maybe you'll be close to our lady Ann over there in the UK....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 06:55:31 am »
Little Lady B positive in so many more ways than one. I shall begin saving every farthing, quid and pence I can get my hands on, because I am so planning on visiting you in Manchester, England, England....

Aunty D :-*

p.s. be careful, your cats may try to hypnotize you into opening the door

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 08:50:01 am by Dachshund »

Offline Nadine

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 07:08:13 am »
Dearest Melia (the world traveler)

I hope your move is uneventful and you're soon settled in back home!

(((HUGS)))

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 07:17:39 am »
Best of luck with your move. I know you have been looking forward to it. The kitties will settle down, they always do. Hope you are happier in England.   Cristy

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 07:21:46 am »
hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow... remember to bring the sun back with you  8)

see you soon - kate

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 09:21:32 am »
Wishing you (and thin one and fat one  ;)) safe travels!

You're going home!   :D 

RAB

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 11:09:56 am »
Have a safe trip! Get an umbrella and sweat shirts when you arrive, you may not have had to buy any for some time :D

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline bear60

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 11:11:53 am »
Safe Journey!!!
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 11:29:28 am »
Hope you and the kitties have a minimally meowy trip, Melia. Your report on their responses was  hilarious.

As the Bear one said so eloquently, "safe voyage."

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Iggy

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 02:00:56 pm »
If you were smart you would have just had the cats stuffed and shipped ahead of time.  Travelling would have been easier.

Talk to you on the other side!

Offline Teresa

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 02:11:03 pm »
Melia,

Good Luck with the move! Have a safe trip!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 02:48:02 pm »
I hope sunny weather awaits you in England, so as not to shock your sweetness.  Safe trip and best luck with the move.
Ernie

Offline fearless

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 11:16:31 pm »
See you soon, Melia.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 11:22:05 pm »
Safe travels, my dear....... best of luck with the moving!

Hugs & kisses,

Alan  :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline xyahka

• Dance together!! aha!! aha!! I like it!!
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 01:46:39 am »
Hey pretty, wish you the best in your trip.

Juan Carlos
13/03/07 1er diagnóstico /Peso: 79kg
19/04/07 CD4: 494 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 80kg
19/07/07 CD4: 659 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79.5kg
06/03/08 CD4: 573 (después de meses muy deprimido) /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79kg
17/09/08 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 84Kg
06/02/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 85Kg /HCV: Neg /HBV: Neg.
07/03/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg / Gym 3días/semana y Natación 2días/semana.
12/05/09 CD4: 470 /Cviral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg.
08/07/09 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 77Kg.
09/12/09 CD4: 510 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg. No medicinas aún
10/01/10 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
15/05/10 CD4: 320 /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
01/02/11 CD4: 291 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
05/05/11 CD4: 366 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
27/07/11 CD4: 255 /CViral: 138000 /Peso: 78kg.

Disfrutando y aceptando una nueva vida...

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 02:05:56 am »
Friday 9am: The cats have no boxes to climb on any more.

Removals have been and gone. It's just me, my feline friends and a few bags left over.

Cats still wishing they had opposable thumbs so they could open doors by themselves. They've swapped roles today. Thin one has woken up and decided she will be the one doing the vocals this morning and trying to get out of front door - although her method is somewhat original - after realising she can't get her paws around edge of door, she is now trying to shimmy on her back underneath it. Thank goodness I have cats for pets and not bullfrogs! Fat one has found another corner to sulkily slumber in - just as well really as I can't even distract her with food today - because one taxi ride + one 3 hour flight + Whiskers is not a good combo for cats, especially my travel sick fat one.

I said most of my see you laters last night - still a few hugs to give out later before lift off.

My excitement and nerves are quite palpable now. Although strangely still chilled too. True Melia-style! 8)

Many thanks for your kind wishes/thoughts guys and gals. And yay for laptops!

Melia :-*       

Edited to add PS: 11am - First tears. Just exchanged see you laters with best friend here. He's cool. Brought us lemonpie and gingerbeer for breakfast. :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 04:08:28 am by sweetasmeli »
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 04:02:25 am »
Good luck with all of it. It's good to be able to go home. Good descision.

See you in London!

Hugs,
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Cliff

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 05:26:51 am »
Safe travels.  We've had nothing but rain for the past month (or two) and they are forecasting even more rain over the next couple of days.  So hopefully you'll be our good luck charm and actually bring us some Greek sunshine!

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 05:53:37 am »

So the big day has finally arrived! Hope the transition back is agreeable for you and the fur children, Melia!

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Iggy

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 02:35:54 pm »
Friday 9am: The cats have no boxes to climb on any more.

Removals have been and gone. It's just me, my feline friends and a few bags left over.

Cats still wishing they had opposable thumbs so they could open doors by themselves. They've swapped roles today. Thin one has woken up and decided she will be the one doing the vocals this morning and trying to get out of front door - although her method is somewhat original - after realising she can't get her paws around edge of door, she is now trying to shimmy on her back underneath it. Thank goodness I have cats for pets and not bullfrogs! Fat one has found another corner to sulkily slumber in - just as well really as I can't even distract her with food today - because one taxi ride + one 3 hour flight + Whiskers is not a good combo for cats, especially my travel sick fat one.

Told you that you should have had them stuffed and shipped ahead of time.    ;)

Offline Christine

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 03:00:38 pm »
dear melia,
have a wonderful,and safe trip home! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
xxx ooo
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 09:17:45 pm »
Dear Miss Melia,

Have a safe and pleasant voyage.  Your kittys will adapt easily after they become British citizens and will find other cat friends near their new home.  My dog Kaiser used to get so upset over moves, I used to hide the packing in a spare room, leaving the rest of the house untouched until the last minute.

I am planning a move myself after AMG... Don't have much family left anywhere and in three years living on the Russian River, I have three friends.  The first has already moved, the second is leaving in the Fall, the thrid will have to fend for herself.

Seems like I have never lived anywhere for more than two years except for Los Angeles.  I have friends there who were with me through HIV and AIDS, great healthcare and support systems already in place.  I am going home too.  I've started in on my dog already by talking about "Auntie Frank" and other people in our old neighborhood.  Adventure in moving is only a marketing slogan for a rental truck company.  See you in San Francisco... Have the best day
Michael

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2007, 02:34:06 pm »
I'm home. :)

Fat one and thin both survived the great voyage in one piece...BIG PHEW! My beautiful brave kitties! Both happy - been enjoying being fussed over by their new extended family and exploring their new abode - both now sleeping off their adventures.

Waking up this morning in my life-long bedroom was like waking up from the longest dream. Suddenly my shoulders feel weightless and my heart feels full. Bliss!

Exhausted but so so happy. :)

Will update more and be back in touch with folk after much needed rest...

Melia :-*
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 03:43:35 pm by sweetasmeli »
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2007, 02:42:55 pm »
Glad to hear all three of you are home in one piece. I notice you didn't bring any sunshine home with you though, so... bad girl! ;D

:-*  :-*  :-*

Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2007, 05:22:44 pm »
Good to hear the move went smoothly.  I'll see you soon i'm sure!

Chris
Diagnosed 11/05

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

Offline Nadine

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2007, 05:34:44 pm »
I'm so happy that you're home Melia.  Glad the kitties took to the move well.

Get yourself some rest  :-*

(((Hugs)))

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2007, 10:21:01 pm »
Welcome back ! :D

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2007, 03:00:01 am »
Congrats on a smooth move, Melia. Catch up with you soon. Em

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2007, 06:11:15 am »
Thanks again guys and gals for your kind thoughts and wishes. :-*

Am well rested and settled in now. As are kitty cats. It feels so great to be back in the bosom of my family home. And my folks are delighted to have their only daughter home...and furry 'grandkids' in tow. As are my nephews to have their favourite auntie and furry playmates back. :D

The kitties are So Happy. Over the weekend they reveled in the delights of exploring their new castle; to them any place with more than 3 rooms is a castle! And this morning they made their first voyage outside into the castle grounds, which they absolutely LOVED! And now they're both sleeping off their latest adventure...of course. :)

I can barely believe I'm here, back in the UK - after almost 3 years on my Greek island. But I have absolutely nada regrets about either decision - to go there or to come back. I know I did the right thing for me then as I know I've done the right thing for me now. Just different chapters in the great big book of life.

So good to be home.

Melia :)
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)

Offline SASA39

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2007, 04:53:29 pm »
 :-*
12. Oct`06.  CD4=58 %  VL not issued
25.Dec.`06.         203     VL= 0
25.Dec`06.- 19.Oct`16 :
various ups & downs- mostly ups - from 58-916 and back in #CD and few blips in VL.
19.Oct`16     CD4=644      VL=0

Offline bear60

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2007, 08:47:43 am »
Hi
Glad you are settling down in your new digs.  Now its time to start a new thread about the NEW place you live...with pics of course.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.