Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:44:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37650
  • Latest: rovipa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773277
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 546
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 285
Total: 285

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: One more step towards terapeutic HIV vaccine by Spanish researchers.  (Read 9447 times)

Offline blondbeauty

http://www.elpais.es/articulo/salud/paso/vacuna/sida/elpsalpor/20050201elpepisal_6/Tes/

The battle against AIDS has given another return of nut: to demonstrate that the therapeutic vaccine based on a inactivated virus of the own patient can work against this disease. That is what it is come off two new studies. First it takes the company/signature of French investigator Jean-Marie Andrieu and his colleague Louis Wei Lu and has caused surprise in the scientific community, although it only has counted with 18 patients: in four months the viral load of the people infected by the virus of human immunodeficiency (VIH) diminished more of 80%, and a year after the vaccination, more of 90% in eight patients. In addition, "in four of them she was so low that almost people could consider themselves nonpolluting", explains Jean-Marie Andrieu, oncólogo, virólogo and hematologist of the European Hospital the Georges Pompidou (Paris).
The second study will be published shortly and has been made by the group of Infectious Diseases and AIDS of the Clínic Hospital of Barcelona-Idibaps (Institute of Biomedical Investigations August Pi i Sunyer). Although still their definitive results are not known, lay for the same direction, reason why they have appeared in diverse scientific meetings. In both cases a vaccine from the virus inactivated of the own ones has been experienced infected. It is a procedure that already is used for the cancer, but novel in the case of AIDS. The vaccine is based on a type of dendríticas called cells of the organism and that are the ones in charge to alert to the immunological system of possible infections. "When they detect a strange substance - a virus -, they catch it and they process, identifying his more important parts. Next, they emigrate with her to the lymphatic ganglia and they present/display the T4 lymphocytes. This way, the reaction of defense of the immunological system starts up ", explains Josep Maria Gatell, of the Clínic-Idibaps.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 06:12:07 pm by blondbeauty »
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline Boston

Re: One more step towards terapeutic HIV vaccine by Spanish researchers.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 01:28:19 pm »
Great story.  I can't pretend I understand a lot of the technical aspects of these vaccines but would this be an example of the dendritic? vaccine ScienceGuy described so well in the Theravax thread?

The results seem very impressive, lets hope this continues as it is tested in a larger population.   ;D

Offline J220

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 07:23:10 pm »
Fantastic news...thanks for sharing that! And the translation was excellent, good job on that.

Saludos, J.
"Hope is my philosophy
Just needs days in which to be
Love of Life means hope for me
Born on a New Day" - John David

Offline Jake72

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 08:31:56 pm »
Great story.  I can't pretend I understand a lot of the technical aspects of these vaccines but would this be an example of the dendritic? vaccine ScienceGuy described so well in the Theravax thread?

The results seem very impressive, lets hope this continues as it is tested in a larger population.   ;D

I've taken a look at the original article in El Pais, and the vaccines are dendritic cell vaccines, it seems.  The Andrieu/Wei Lu vaccine is the French/Brazilian vaccine that was widely publicized a couple years ago. 

The article in El Pais says 'The solution that they have discovered has been to prepare a vaccine using the patients' virus as an antigen in order to 'charge' their own dendritic cells in a laboratory setting.'

As for the research conducted by the Spanish group (Garcia, Gallart, etc.), the article says 'The methodology and working hypothesis are similar to those used in Andrieu's research.' 

Fingers crossed!!

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 04:45:44 pm »
lets take a poll and ask ourselves just how long till we get the cure we need i say with in the next 5 years what about everyone else???

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 05:35:02 pm »
You have gotten into this "poll" in more than one section. LOVE LIFE. I question the validity of this and I am locking this thread as well as the other one in which you began a similar poll.

As someone who says he was just informed us that he's poz, there are better ways for you to direct your  ernegies at this point in terms of your health. I refer you back to your thread in JUST POZ in which I asked what your doctor is doing about follow up tests regarding your numbers and other stats.

RSVP there please.   
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.