Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:10:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 273
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 209
Total: 211

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: HIV & Dating: Part II How to tell a neggie you are Poz  (Read 22015 times)

Offline Suntropic98

HIV & Dating: Part II How to tell a neggie you are Poz
« on: September 07, 2007, 10:32:22 am »
After my infamous dating thread I have found myself in a peculiar situation and need some serious help.

How do you tell a neggie you are poz? Better yet, one who tells you she thinks the two of you hooked up?

Honestly, I have absolutely no recollection of anything happening between us.....sexually. I do however remember making out with her and have even seen the pics on myspace & via email. To put it short, she's hot. Like 6'0, D boobs, cool as can be and all week long we have been talking. Problem was I was so drunk last saturday I only remember bits and pieces. I even got in a car accident that night. It was the season opener for my college football team if that tells you anything. I blew like $600 on alcohol in a town known for cheap as dirt drink prices, I think I drank a bottle of Jagaer Meister on my own alone. I'm not going into more details because it's irrelevant but this now brings me to the point of this thread....

How do I tell her I'm POZ? Given my state the day we met and our mutual infatuation, I feel like I should let her know. Even worse, it's a very real possibility I'm going to have to tell her regardless of whether I want to or not....given the bruises we both have on certain parts of our bodies.

This is so unlike me and out of character but as she put it "I came after you". She pointed to me and said I'll do quite nicely....which I don't even remember. That point on we ran around, hands locked and tongues in each other's throat.....all night! I'm so ashamed of myself.

I guess I need advice on how to tell her and what I should be prepared for in response. I straight up asked her if we had sex and her response was "we'll find out in 4 weeks." WTF!?!? I'm flipping out!! Since last weekend I've lost 8 lbs. I can't eat. I feel tired. I can only go to the gym for an hour max each night. I don't know what to do. To make matters worse I forgot my Atripla that night and took it the next day around 3pm so I have no idea whats going on inside of me let alone inside of her.

Can anyone offer some advice? Please!!!

-Suntropic

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
Re: HIV & Dating: Part II How to tell a neggie you are Poz
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 12:41:32 pm »
Honestly, I have absolutely no recollection of anything happening between us.....sexually. I do however remember making out with her and have even seen the pics on myspace & via email. To put it short, she's hot. Like 6'0, D boobs, cool as can be and all week long we have been talking. Problem was I was so drunk last saturday I only remember bits and pieces. I even got in a car accident that night. It was the season opener for my college football team if that tells you anything. I blew like $600 on alcohol in a town known for cheap as dirt drink prices, I think I drank a bottle of Jagaer Meister on my own alone. I'm not going into more details because it's irrelevant but this now brings me to the point of this thread....

Can anyone offer some advice? Please!!!

-Suntropic

OK Sun,

I'll be the first to respond, and to me the obvious issue is the paragraph above.  You have some serious issues with "self" which would be the first place to start.  What difference does it make to know "how" to disclose when you are obviously struggling with some very deep personal issues already.  I don't know you, but it appears from this posting that it matters not how you tell her; simply do it.  What happens after that is up to fate, which you have already built a very precarious foundation for in your previous actions.

I suggest you deal with Sun first, and then try to figure out how you are going to deal with dating.  Otherwise all else is futile.

Love,
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 12:50:52 pm »
If you want to see her again, and it sounds like you do, then you make a date to meet again and come clean with her, just as you've done here.  And be prepared to offer her some education if she is not really up on HIV and how it is / is not transmitted.  Relationships require trust, and by not disclosing your HIV status, you're not starting this relationship on solid footing as far as trust goes. 

If indeed you were involved sexually without disclosing your status, you should expect a very cool -- possibly even angry -- response from her.  Remember, there may be laws in your state that *require* you to disclose before sex.  Even if you were only involved in kissing and making out, she still may have preferred to know beforehand.  Oh, and in my mind, it makes no difference that she pursued you.  While she has a responsibility to protect herself (just like we all do), I believe you have a responsibility to disclose before engaging in sexual intercourse.

Let's do a rewind to all that alcohol you were drinking.  Unfortunately, for most people, excessive drinking causes us to make decisions and do things that we might not normally do.  Like not disclosing our HIV status.  Or having unsafe sex.  Or getting someone pregnant.  If you want to prevent this again, you have to take control of the situation, and I think that in part means controlling your alcohol consumption.  Plus, how much fun is it if you can't remember what you did?

(Ummmm... what's up with the bruises?)

Come clean, take control of the situation.  You'll feel a lot better.

Regards,

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 01:05:41 pm »
OK Sun,

I'll be the first to respond, and to me the obvious issue is the paragraph above.  You have some serious issues with "self" which would be the first place to start.  What difference does it make to know "how" to disclose when you are obviously struggling with some very deep personal issues already.  I don't know you, but it appears from this posting that it matters not how you tell her; simply do it.  What happens after that is up to fate, which you have already built a very precarious foundation for in your previous actions.

I suggest you deal with Sun first, and then try to figure out how you are going to deal with dating.  Otherwise all else is futile.

Love,

Moffie, I'm totally freaking right now. I'm sweating bullets all day every day. And the scary thing is she is saying things like "If we have a kid it will look hott" and I'm just like thinking yea, as long as the fucker doesn't have 3 arms, 2 penises or 4 tits. WTH!?!?!? She's 25 and I'm a couple of years older than her. I mean yea, I'll admit I have some issues....who doesnt? If I was negative I would be fine with the situation as is and would definitely be seeing her again this weekend (we live in different cities) but the fact that I have HIV and am now involved with her terrifies the shit out of me. I flat out told her when we see each other again there will be no physical interaction, I'm cool with just hanging out. Now she wants to go to Mass (church) with me and wants me to teach her the prayers and she wants to go to confession. Not only that but I get this feeling that she really really really likes me.....which is not really a good thing because she's really hot and if she were to jump on me again I don't know how I could control myself. Put it this way, if I could give a physical description of the woman I'd want to have kids with she'd exemplify it with the utmost intensity. Not only that but we actually get along and she's just as crazy as I am......which may not be a good thing. Add to the fact that we look really good together and I feel like I have a recipe for disaster.

So I should work on myself first. Ok, got that. How?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 01:13:23 pm »

I guess I need advice on how to tell her and what I should be prepared for in response. I straight up asked her if we had sex and her response was "we'll find out in 4 weeks." WTF!?!? I'm flipping out!! Since last weekend I've lost 8 lbs. I can't eat. I feel tired. I can only go to the gym for an hour max each night. I don't know what to do. To make matters worse I forgot my Atripla that night and took it the next day around 3pm so I have no idea whats going on inside of me let alone inside of her.

Suntropic

Sorry man, but it is of little concern to me that you can't work out right now. This is no longer about you. Drunk or sober, whether she thought you would do or not, you owe this person the truth. Your issues can be dealt with once you tell this woman that you are HIV positive. Man up and tell her.

Offline ademas

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 01:15:00 pm »
I'd be sweating bullets, too, and I'd be worried as hell about her status and the legal repercussions.

Sorry, I'm not very helpful, but I just don't see an easy landing anywhere here.

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 01:25:57 pm »
So I should work on myself first. Ok, got that. How?

Well, each one of us has to find our own pathway, and that isn't something that happens overnight, but you can do somethings to help things start in the right direction.

Do you know someone who is further along in the road of life, and someone you tend to look up to because of their balance and progress in this life?  If so, try to figure out a way to get them alone and without alcohol or drugs as part of the picture.  Buying them dinner is always a good way to start.  Open up to them and make sure you hold nothing back, because if they are well balanced, they will not be shocked by any of the details you state above.  

Go to your local ASO and ask if they have anyone hooked up with counseling, because in that atmosphere, you probably won't know them, and can absolutely say anything without the fear of judgement.  

On that note, please don't think that my posting was judgemental, as I have done and said things in the past that were of the same intensity of "off base behavior", so I am not sitting in judgement of you at all.  I am so very far from being "perfect" that I cannot and will not judge you.

You can also do one of my favorite things, which I still do in bad times in my life.  Get a nice nonalcoholic drink and some nice soft music, and sit down in front of a large mirror naked.  Now, stare into those eyes that you give to the world daily, and have an out loud conversation with that soul that lives behind those eyes.  Yes, this type of counsel terrifies some people, but you don't seem like the kind that shies away from truth or challenge.  Figure out what makes you tick, what your real fears and hopes are, and talk them out with you, and you alone.  This exercise can bring real clarity to just about any situation, and if you really do it, you will find I am correct.  

These are a few tangible ways you can REALLY make a difference to yourself.  Only thing that is required first is a total commitment and total focus on changing some of the things that are standing in the way of you being totally honest with "Self".

On a last note, Doxie is totally right when he says "Man up and tell her." because no matter what you do for yourself, you now have included an innocent party, and hopefully only one innocent party. 

Hope this helps.

Love,
Lynn Lavne

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 01:28:28 pm »
I'd be sweating bullets, too, and I'd be worried as hell about her status and the legal repercussions.

Sorry, I'm not very helpful, but I just don't see an easy landing anywhere here.

I've never had sex with someone and not remembered it so I really don't think I hit it. She says she doesnt remember either but even still I'm going crazy right now.

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 01:30:02 pm »
If you want to see her again, and it sounds like you do, then you make a date to meet again and come clean with her, just as you've done here.  And be prepared to offer her some education if she is not really up on HIV and how it is / is not transmitted.  Relationships require trust, and by not disclosing your HIV status, you're not starting this relationship on solid footing as far as trust goes. 

If indeed you were involved sexually without disclosing your status, you should expect a very cool -- possibly even angry -- response from her.  Remember, there may be laws in your state that *require* you to disclose before sex.  Even if you were only involved in kissing and making out, she still may have preferred to know beforehand.  Oh, and in my mind, it makes no difference that she pursued you.  While she has a responsibility to protect herself (just like we all do), I believe you have a responsibility to disclose before engaging in sexual intercourse.

Let's do a rewind to all that alcohol you were drinking.  Unfortunately, for most people, excessive drinking causes us to make decisions and do things that we might not normally do.  Like not disclosing our HIV status.  Or having unsafe sex.  Or getting someone pregnant.  If you want to prevent this again, you have to take control of the situation, and I think that in part means controlling your alcohol consumption.  Plus, how much fun is it if you can't remember what you did?

(Ummmm... what's up with the bruises?)

Come clean, take control of the situation.  You'll feel a lot better.

Regards,

Henry

Hey Henry! Thanks for responding.

About the bruises.....don't know how they got there but I asked her if we were violent with each other. She started laughing and would say no more other than she liked saying the word "fuck" a lot. Apparently I'm not the only one with bruises....she has my hand markings in the same spot on both thighs if that tells me anything. The odd thing is I actually had a lot of fun last weekend shy the drama that ensued.....somehow I lost 27 ambiens pills, my wallet (yet retained all my cards and DL) and my Gucci sunglasses.

I'm not sure if we had sex or not but I think it's unlikely....probably I munched some serious carpet and now she thinks I'm just god's gift to women.

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 01:31:16 pm »
Sorry man, but it is of little concern to me that you can't work out right now. This is no longer about you. Drunk or sober, whether she thought you would do or not, you owe this person the truth. Your issues can be dealt with once you tell this woman that you are HIV positive. Man up and tell her.

Have you ever been in this situation before?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 01:46:24 pm »

Have you ever been in this situation before?

sorry player, you don't want advice or answers, you want absolution. you had fun, she says fuck alot, you still got your shades. it's all good, move on. I am.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 01:48:20 pm »
About the bruises.....don't know how they got there but I asked her if we were violent with each other. She started laughing and would say no more other than she liked saying the word "fuck" a lot. Apparently I'm not the only one with bruises....she has my hand markings in the same spot on both thighs if that tells me anything. The odd thing is I actually had a lot of fun last weekend shy the drama that ensued.....somehow I lost 27 ambiens pills, my wallet (yet retained all my cards and DL) and my Gucci sunglasses.

I'm not sure if we had sex or not but I think it's unlikely....probably I munched some serious carpet and now she thinks I'm just god's gift to women.

Well, "god's gift":  come up from the rug and do as Dachshund told you...man up and tell her.  No matter how it went down, so to speak, that's the one aspect of this that won't change.  She deserves to be told the truth.  The thing is: you sound kind of like you are just as into her as she might be into you, so that bridge has to be crossed regardless.  No to mention the obligation you have if you really did more than, um...carpet munching.  
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 01:57:04 pm »
sorry player, you don't want advice or answers, you want absolution. you had fun, she says fuck alot, you still got your shades. it's all good, move on. I am.

No, I don't have my shades. And I'm not a player. And it's not all good. I'm so stressed I'm droppin weight like a crack addict.

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 02:02:08 pm »
Well, "god's gift":  come up from the rug and do as Dachshund told you...man up and tell her.  No matter how it went down, so to speak, that's the one aspect of this that won't change.  She deserves to be told the truth.  The thing is: you sound kind of like you are just as into her as she might be into you, so that bridge has to be crossed regardless.  No to mention the obligation you have if you really did more than, um...carpet munching.  

Either way man I feel like I'm stuck like chuck. Point taken. I'm going to tell her, but should I do it over the phone or in person? I would prefer in person but is that the best route to go? She's blowin my cell up today with text messeges wondering why I'm not paying attention to her. I told her I'm stressed and having a really bad day. Her response? "You will have days far worse than this. Trust me!"  :( ??? :-\

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 02:03:50 pm »
Hey Hot Shot!!

You're back posting so soon! And, oh my goodness, this time you're asking for help...again. Well, you've heard it from some of the boys now you're gonna hear it from one of the girls.

Let's reverse the tables here. Let's pretend she was the drunk, you were so into her (in every way possible and you remember every bit of it) and let her know you really wanted to continue seeing her. Imagine, too, that she's HIV positive. Would you want her to tell you?

I doubt Moffie saw your dating thread or he would have been slightly more emphatic I suspect as Dachsund indicates in his thread. That thread screamed about what you find important at present in your life. Try to get over yourself.

And, while you're in worried mode, look up co-dependency. Your 6' D boob hot stuff said things to you which make me think she's got co-dependency issues (the church stuff is a clue) which, sadly, would just help her hook up with a self-centered, drunk, can't-remember-if-I-fucked-her, now-scared-shitless you.

Bottomline. Do the right thing. Tell her. ASAP!!! Tell her when she should get tested and let her know the options as to where. Pick her up and drive her there that day and then pick her up and drive her to the follow up testing appointment.

Why? For a couple of reasons. To be accountable, to be responsible and to protect the next drunk person with whom she might fall into shagdom.

This is big brain time not little brain time. Time to think as the guys noted Man Up. Maybe in doing so you'll start to learn some things.

Right now, you scare me with your disconnection to your actions. I really doubt that you simply "munched some serious carpet". WTF...even your language is so objectifying, so locker room-esque. You are either concerned about this woman as a human being whom you may have exposed to HIV, or not. You don't know, so therefore, you really don't have a humane choice but to agree with her story.

AND CONSIDER THIS....if she were not telling the truth and you talked about transmission likelihood with intercourse vs oral sex, dontcha think she would be the first one to say OH THANK GOD WE ACTUALLY DIDN'T FUCK, YOU JUST ATE ME! I WAS YANKING YOUR CHAIN TO SEE HOW YOU'D REACT IF I WERE PREGNANT BY YOU. Huh? Would that not be music to your ears? Wouldn't you think she'd be so relieved as to blurt it out and not have to be tested?

I'm getting cranky. You have your head so far up the inner sanctum of your gymnasium I'm not sure any of this will actually reach you. I sure hope it does. This thread shows zero maturation since the last time you were seeking input from others.

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 02:25:01 pm »
dude I feel like I'm going down in a blazing glory. like my life is over. my stomach hurts, my head hurts and i'm in need of some serious damage control. true, i have friends that are worse off but still i'm so confused.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 02:31:27 pm »
dude I feel like I'm going down in a blazing glory. like my life is over. my stomach hurts, my head hurts and i'm in need of some serious damage control. true, i have friends that are worse off but still i'm so confused.

OK.  Now we're at the point of "Barbara, please".

Really?  Really??  It's as bad as all that, eh?

Mind you, there are people reading this at various stages of disability and some even closer to death than any of us would care to be.

And you feel like your "life is over" because you got some and now might have to grow some and fess up some?

I think Dachshund is right.  You aren't really wanting serious advice.  You are wanting absolution.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 02:51:31 pm »
My question is when this scare is over, what are you going to do next time this same thing happens?  And take my word there will be a next time unless you do some major changes and realize the days of drinking to oblivion and fucking your brains out are over.

Woods
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 02:56:05 pm »
OK.  Now we're at the point of "Barbara, please".

Really?  Really??  It's as bad as all that, eh?

Mind you, there are people reading this at various stages of disability and some even closer to death than any of us would care to be.

And you feel like your "life is over" because you got some and now might have to grow some and fess up some?

I think Dachshund is right.  You aren't really wanting serious advice.  You are wanting absolution.

Yes. I'm wanting advice on what to do. No, I don't think I had sex with her. At all. My god, my head smelled like a vagina the next day. And think about this.....if we had sex how in the hell could she have my hand prints embedded on her thighs? It's not physically possible. I'm too huge and she's too tall. I know I'm going to have to fess up....just don't know how to say it. Should I just randomly say something like.....btw i've got the ninja, but don't worry....i'm undetectable. Or should I go the informative, intelligent route? She's not exactly the brightest apple on the tree so to say. But I can tell she's a very caring and loving person.

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 03:00:15 pm »
My question is when this scare is over, what are you going to do next time this same thing happens?  And take my word there will be a next time unless you do some major changes and realize the days of drinking to oblivion and fucking your brains out are over.

Woods

There won't be a next time. This is exactly why I quit drinking and going out. I don't know what happened. Things just got a little out of hand. It's like I was 18 all over again. I feel like my life is an excerpt from Eddy Money's song "Walking on Water".

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2007, 03:06:41 pm »
And take my word there will be a next time unless you do some major changes and realize the days of drinking to oblivion and fucking your brains out are over.

Woods

Woods, I hate to disagree, but those days aren't over and that is why a newbie registers just about every other day.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 03:14:21 pm by Dachshund »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2007, 03:11:33 pm »
I thought drinking so much that you had no memory of orifices getting plugged was an urban myth.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2007, 03:11:47 pm »

Yes. I'm wanting advice on what to do. No, I don't think I had sex with her. At all. My god, my head smelled like a vagina the next day. And think about this.....if we had sex how in the hell could she have my hand prints embedded on her thighs? It's not physically possible. I'm too huge and she's too tall. I know I'm going to have to fess up....just don't know how to say it. Should I just randomly say something like.....btw i've got the ninja, but don't worry....i'm undetectable. Or should I go the informative, intelligent route? She's not exactly the brightest apple on the tree so to say. But I can tell she's a very caring and loving person.

The "ninja"??  Never, ever heard that one.  That must be playa speak.  

Why not just take her out to dinner and just before eating say, "Oh shit.  What was I thinking?  I can't eat anything now.  I have to take my medicine."  Then whip out your big old bottle of Atripla.

That oughta do it.  

That way even someone lacking the pair to say it manstyle can get the message across.  And even a gal who isn't "the brightest apple on the tree" can figure it out.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline woodshere

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2007, 03:25:10 pm »
Woods, I hate to disagree, but those days aren't over and that is why a newbie registers just about every other day.

Yeah you're right, guess I should have said "should be over".

"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2007, 03:32:09 pm »

Thats messed up. Really. It is.

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2007, 03:36:37 pm »
The "ninja"??  Never, ever heard that one.  That must be playa speak.  

Why not just take her out to dinner and just before eating say, "Oh shit.  What was I thinking?  I can't eat anything now.  I have to take my medicine."  Then whip out your big old bottle of Atripla.

That oughta do it.  

That way even someone lacking the pair to say it manstyle can get the message across.  And even a gal who isn't "the brightest apple on the tree" can figure it out.

Is that your idea of trying to be sarcastic? I'm being serious here. I don't know what playa speak is because I'm not a player. Thats just the bottom line.

Seriously though...aside from not drinking anymore, what steps can I take to prevent this in the future? And what do I do if she breaks down crying aside from telling her it will be alright?

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2007, 03:40:35 pm »
I thought drinking so much that you had no memory of orifices getting plugged was an urban myth.

There have been plenty of times in the distant past where I blacked out while drinking. Like 5 years or more ago....hence the reason why I started smoking pot. And if you're wondering I quit that about 6 weeks ago.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 03:47:50 pm »

There have been plenty of times in the distant past where I blacked out while drinking. Like 5 years or more ago....hence the reason why I started smoking pot. And if you're wondering I quit that about 6 weeks ago.

OK... so you blacked out... I'll assume that means you were laid out on the floor.  Not sure how anyone could have sex in that position myself.

Offline woodshere

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2007, 04:11:27 pm »
Seriously though...aside from not drinking anymore, what steps can I take to prevent this in the future?

If you are serious here are a few of my thoughts.

If you were so drunk you can't even remember whether or not you had sex, than how do you even know  "....she's a very caring and loving person".  You could really care less what type of person she is other wise your concern would be more sincere and you would never have gotten in this position.

Start thinking of a woman as a person rather than boob size or carpet to munch on.
Would you want some guy making references to your mom, sister or daughter in the manner and tone you choose to use.

Show a little modesty and come down off your high horse.  Referring to your endowment, your fucking skills and such doesn't really impress anyone.

And by all means think before you act.

Don't mean to be harsh but you asked.

Woods

edited for grammar

« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 04:13:00 pm by woodshere »

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2007, 04:15:01 pm »
OK... so you blacked out... I'll assume that means you were laid out on the floor.  Not sure how anyone could have sex in that position myself.

And it's not just that. I was so drunk I'm almost 100% sure I had wiskey dick, hence my oral adventure. Anyone who would have drank as much as I did would need a 100 mg Viagra to even attempt to hit it, and thats not even a for sure thing given the state I was in. I think I either got in a fight and almost a couple others or almost got in a couple and the girl broke it up. I almost went to jail for blowing ciggerette smoke in a cop's face in the stadium. I rearended someone going like 30 or 40 mph and passed out by 10pm in the hotel. Hotel security called me the next day and said they found my keys the next morning in someone else's car along with my blanket, evidently I thought someone else's car was my own and I crawled in it. They only knew it was my keys because my gym card has my name on it and they ran the name with names in the register after the owner of the vehicle turned them in. Like wild is not even an accurate description of what my night was like. Complete chaos might be a slight indication.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2007, 04:31:23 pm »

I did mean to be harsh and I find it absolutely fascinating that no acnowledgement whatsover was made to what I posted. Ooo, perhaps I was too rough on the Beaver.

Ward, oh Ward, can you get Wally to come in and we'll talk as a family with the Beav about self respect, respect for women and oh yes, how to be responsible for himself and others now that he has HIV. Thanks honey.

From my perspective (and then I'll respectively bow out in my mist of non-person-ness here) if you like her and want to see her dim (as you see it and said it) self again then you have to talk with her about this possible exposure promptly. If you decide you don't want to see her, you still have a moral and possibly legal obligation to tell her about your status.

Why not jump off-line. Call her. Get the meeting set up. Meet her. Then, come back and tell us all how it went. Yep, takes some anatomy. I had to do it. I know just how hard it is. And, my person was 700 miles away, so I could only do it by phone. Thought I would barf, but knew I was doing THE only and right thing. Thankfully, he was negative when tested both times.

I never want to go through that again. And, hopefully, you won't want to either.

Silver-lining ... she might think so highly of you for doing the respectful thing she'll actually learn about HIV and how to navigate a sero-discordant relationship...with you.

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2007, 04:37:48 pm »
If you are serious here are a few of my thoughts.

If you were so drunk you can't even remember whether or not you had sex, than how do you even know  "....she's a very caring and loving person".  You could really care less what type of person she is other wise your concern would be more sincere and you would never have gotten in this position.

Start thinking of a woman as a person rather than boob size or carpet to munch on.
Would you want some guy making references to your mom, sister or daughter in the manner and tone you choose to use.

Show a little modesty and come down off your high horse.  Referring to your endowment, your fucking skills and such doesn't really impress anyone.

And by all means think before you act.

Woods

edited for grammar

Have at it brother. I deserve an ass ripping.....no pun intended.

I've been conversing with her each day and night and we hit each other up on the blackberry. Sooooo, I have an idea what she's like.

I don't recall referring to my endowment but if that night was any indication of my skills.....I have none then.

And I do think of women as people....I love women. They have feelings, even more so than us if you want my opinion. If I didn't care about this chick I wouldn't be here asking for help for ways to disclose my status to her. Seriously. I do care about her or I would have avoided her completely after that night.

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2007, 04:44:19 pm »
I did mean to be harsh and I find it absolutely fascinating that no acnowledgement whatsover was made to what I posted. Ooo, perhaps I was too rough on the Beaver.

Ward, oh Ward, can you get Wally to come in and we'll talk as a family with the Beav about self respect, respect for women and oh yes, how to be responsible for himself and others now that he has HIV. Thanks honey.

From my perspective (and then I'll respectively bow out in my mist of non-person-ness here) if you like her and want to see her dim (as you see it and said it) self again then you have to talk with her about this possible exposure promptly. If you decide you don't want to see her, you still have a moral and possibly legal obligation to tell her about your status.

Why not jump off-line. Call her. Get the meeting set up. Meet her. Then, come back and tell us all how it went. Yep, takes some anatomy. I had to do it. I know just how hard it is. And, my person was 700 miles away, so I could only do it by phone. Thought I would barf, but knew I was doing THE only and right thing. Thankfully, he was negative when tested both times.

I never want to go through that again. And, hopefully, you won't want to either.

Silver-lining ... she might think so highly of you for doing the respectful thing she'll actually learn about HIV and how to navigate a sero-discordant relationship...with you.

I'm sorry. I did not mean to avoid you at all. I am actually waiting to respond to both your threads when I get home tonight or tommorrow morning. You, I think, can relate more to me and this situation and after reading your posts I think you can offer some really good advice. Again, no disrespect at all. I actually would like to talk to you more in depth about this. Seriously.

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2007, 04:47:46 pm »
Sun,

There is another lesson which you need to learn from this experience, and that is "if you would have told her within 72 hours, she could have taken PEP to maybe thwart the inevitable"  PEP is a round of HIV meds to possibly stop infection in its tracks.

Appears you are so very wound up in yourself and your problems, you didn't have the gujmption to think about this tiny, but very important fact.  Now of course it is too late as it is now almost a week later.  

This thread is so very sad, I can't read many more excuses for ignoring the obvious, and the total denial about reality.  Your weight loss in the last week is the least of your problems now.

NOW, you have the absence of mind to post this statement, If I didn't care about this chick, and in your posts above you have referred to her as one would judge a piece of livestock at a county fair!  This is blatant acknowledgement that you have no idea what really caring is, or you wouldn't objectify any woman!  In the end, women will take you down I predict, because they are not tolerant of the way you are dealing with them.

Love ya bud, but you need to love yourself a bit more before you will be able to understand most of these posts.

Sadly!
Lynn Lavne

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2007, 04:51:24 pm »
Referring to your endowment, your fucking skills and such doesn't really impress anyone.

::summons Youth Pastor Tim::

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2007, 04:53:10 pm »
SunT

I appreciate your reply. Whenever you have the time. If you wish, PM me. I'll be gone for several hours, but checking back in later.

Em

Offline woodshere

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2007, 04:55:22 pm »

I've been conversing with her each day and night and we hit each other up on the blackberry. Sooooo, I have an idea what she's like.

You have been conversing with her each day and night and are so concerned about her that you still haven't told here.

I don't recall referring to my endowment but if that night was any indication of my skills.....I have none then.

In a post above you say you are huge, I assumed you were referring to your penis, my fault.
And I do think of women as people....I love women. They have feelings, even more so than us if you want my opinion. If I didn't care about this chick I wouldn't be here asking for help for ways to disclose my status to her. Seriously. I do care about her or I would have avoided her completely after that night.

This just doesn't hold water based on everything else you have said.  And I go back if you do care and were this bothered you would have addressed this issue days ago.

Now with all that said, I wish you well, now get off here and take care of this matter.

Note to self:  learn to do quotes better

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2007, 05:40:28 pm »
tell her NOW and get it done with!

I read your post before it was so overwhelming I didn't know what to reply. You need to get sorted out, pronto. Driving around shitfaced you could have killed a dozen people, getting into fights, losing possessions, unremembered sex. You are a bomb waiting to explode and all the apologetics and feelings you express here don't change anything about that. It is your actions not your words that matter and your actions are extremely destructive to yourself and others. Start by calling her immediately, then work on getting a grip. You say you have family and friends to support you, well now you need their support before they have to support you by pushing your wheelchair and helping you onto the toilet seat as a consequence of your next party. Your behavior screams self hatred and violence. Only you can rescue you and the first step is calling her, the next is asking for help, immediatly.

Good luck
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Iggy

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2007, 06:36:38 pm »
Sun,

I think she has a right to know and you should tell her.

The fact of the matter is that you sleeping with her under the influence without disclosure is not as bothersome to me as you being self-indulgent in worrying about that and (as Moffie already noted) costing her a chance to do PEP if it was deemed necessary.

It's obviously bothering you and it's not going to go away - so I advise telling her ASAP...as in the second you read this line.  Keep in mind that though you may have been under the influence then - you certainly are not now and you have no excuse to wait another second.

On a related note - regarding some of the other responses here: I think you elicit certain passionate responses with your posts  because they way you choose your words very carefully - and please don't waste my time stating that there is anything accidental about the way you come off  ...so in a sense I think you sort of reap what you sow with board reactions, however I have to admit I do find it strange that this sort of situation of having sex without disclosure (even without being under the influence) by a gay man is usually met with a lot more sympathy, or they were just as responsible, or talk of no one should throw the first stone.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 07:08:30 pm by Iggy »

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2007, 06:42:11 pm »
You asked how to help yourself, I have a suggestion that works for me.

Print this thread out, put it in a binder, and in two years; pull it out and read it.  You will either be in wonder of how far you had let yourself go and are happy to have changed that to someting positive, and wonderful.................  OR  .............  You could also look back at these days as good times, and I wonder why I made myself so sick, I'm afraid I will die!  

Yes Sir, this DISEASEis not a dress rehersal, it is real!  

Only you can choose the correct path for you. The time is now!

Love,
Lynn Lavne

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2007, 06:44:23 pm »
Forgot to say; the women's responses here are worth the keep anyway, women are still one of the wonders of the world in my eyes.

Rock on women!
Lynn Lavne

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2007, 08:04:29 pm »
Let's get some things out the way first...."Ninja" is slang for saying you got that "shit" or AIDS. Just from peeping this thread, missed part 1 and I think I am grateful for that, I would say Sun is what we affectionately call in my parts a WIGGA or in other words a white nigga. Hey, I don't create the slang, I just translate.... ;)

After reading this thread, I feel like I'm in a nightmare and stuck in an episode of the Real World. I can only agree with what all the others are saying as far as how you treat females and your drinking habits. What stuck with me was this:

"I guess I need advice on how to tell her and what I should be prepared for in response. I straight up asked her if we had sex and her response was "we'll find out in 4 weeks." WTF!?!? I'm flipping out!! Since last weekend I've lost 8 lbs. I can't eat. I feel tired. I can only go to the gym for an hour max each night. I don't know what to do. To make matters worse I forgot my Atripla that night and took it the next day around 3pm so I have no idea whats going on inside of me let alone inside of her."

Now correct me if I am wrong cause stuff has changed since I was knocked up but it sounds to me like girlie is trying to get pregnant by you or hoping to. It usually takes about 4 weeks for a positive result to show on a pregnancy test, the ones done by drawing blood and are more accurate than the piss ones. Hate to add more to your plate but now what if she's pregnant? Can you say Eminem, Kim, and Hailey? If no one else gets the joke, you should Sun...If not, I suggest you listen to Eminem's Bonnie and Clyde '97....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2007, 08:11:31 pm »
Yeah, it's the first thing I thought Queen -- this girl is doing some creative entrapment or something.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2007, 08:14:05 pm »
Yeah, it's the first thing I thought Queen -- this girl is doing some creative entrapment or something.

Yep.  Coming on like a locomotive.

He could fix her little wagon FAST with just some simple disclosure.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2007, 08:18:56 pm »

What do you expect from someone with Size D's?

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2007, 08:26:35 pm »

I was trying too stay light with my post but making him aware of what she meant by 4 weeks. The last thing she is thinking is taking a hiv test. Considering he said she is not the sharpest tool in the shed, I would say she has some brains even if she is going about it the wrong way, she seems to me like she is playing dumb to him. I have seen her type plenty of times. Trying to get knocked up to keep a guy close because if he mentioned to her spending 600 on some booze and taking him at his word, she is thinking Cha-Ching. Now what I am trying to figure out is who was playing who? No one else has said this but considering what Sun has shared, I don't see this having a rosy outcome. For her sake, I hope she is not infected and definitely not pregnant but I think this whole thing can turn ugly and just might quick. Sun, you made your bed, not you gotta be a man and deal with the outcome. I think she deserves to know and not by text message or a phone call, don't be a wuss.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2007, 09:07:37 pm »
Totally agree with Queen.  And yes, tell her face-to-face.  You need to stop thinking about only yourself and start thinking about this woman.  I wouldn't be concerned with your weight loss problems right now.  You should've told her no matter what you guys did (if it was just eating pussy) instead of being so blasted out of your mind that you let yourself get so irresponsible.  Get some help dude.  And for God sake, tell the woman!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline englishgirl

• ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2007, 10:56:44 am »
i dont think there is much to add as the others have all given you good feedback with which i agree wholeheartedly. but here's my input, should you want to hear it.

how to tell a neggie you are poz? well i disclose waaay before i get into anything physical and if they dont want to know after that then so be it, goodbye. but i guess that i dont have the issues that you clearly have with your poz status so it's easier said than done. i think that this is what you need to be working towards, and then you will not just avoid this problem in the future but also you will have gone a long way along the road of coming to terms with your poz status.

what to do in this particular situation? TELL HER as soon as you possibly can!
how? face to face and with lots of humility. she may be very pissed off and she has every right to be, so acknowledge that fact. how i would tell someone in this sort of situation would also include some printed information and also tell them some info websites such as aidsmap.com so that if they wished they could educate themselves some more. i wouldnt tell her about this website because then you would deprive yourself of the opportunity to have a private discussion area away from her prying eyes.

im unclear as to whether you want a hookup or a potential long term relationship with this girl. i get the feeling that it's just a hookup as youve described her as a bit dim and otherwise in purely physical terms. but having read your other thread im also aware of your thoughts on women in general so i'll steer clear of that topic. regardless of your intentions romantically you must tell her. personally i would invite her over to mine for a chat. give her a nice glass of wine, explain and offer a heartfelt apology which includes the acknowledgement that you shouldve known better and that she has every right to be angry, listen to what she has to say even if you dont like what youre hearing, give her a bit of info (if she hasnt exploded and stormed out), state that you like her and would like to see her again.

final thoughts: you have potentially broken the law here and you need to be man enough to deal with the consequences. you havent even come clean quick enough for her to get pep. you should be feeling shitty about this, but before you start wallowing in the self-pity or whatever else you need to right a wrong and tell her the situation. regardless of how she takes the news you need to come clean to have any self-respect. and that can be your first step on the long learning you need to undertake.

good luck
ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN:
http://campaigning.tht.org.uk/cms/cmsloader?WfJVLp&view=11,301,1385,0,-html

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=17352.0

"I'm not keen on the idea of the afterlife - not without knowing who else will be there and what the entertainment will be. Personally I'd rather just take a rest." Oscar Berger, PWA: Looking AIDS in the Face, 1996. RIP.

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2007, 02:57:29 pm »
I have not read all the repsonses but will at some point down the road....

We had the talk. Worst. Thing. Ever. I mean it was good and bad......good in that we didnt fuck, bad in that me having HIV was a deal sealer for her. I'm so upset right now I can't even talk. I really hope none of you told me to tell her in spite of me. Goodbye.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2007, 03:07:05 pm »
I really hope none of you told me to tell her in spite of me. Goodbye.

Not quite sure what you mean here.  "In spite of you" meaning telling you to tell here just to be evil toward  you?  Or do you mean telling you to tell her even though it might be a rough road for you?  If the first one, No.  If the second one, Yes. 

I wouldn't have told you to tell her just to set you up for heartache.  I would have told you to tell her regardless of how upsetting it might be- just because it was a necessary and right thing to do. 

Sorry to hear it has been such an upset, but I still think it is something that would have had to happen regardless.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.