Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:49:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 213
Total: 213

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Gays & Lesbians Don't Float  (Read 4995 times)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
Gays & Lesbians Don't Float
« on: August 17, 2006, 09:58:28 pm »
I met my Cousin Cathy after 35 years not seeing her.  Cathy grew up with a paster as a father and a mother who is a Cheif Nurse at a hositial in Omaha.  I knew Cathy came out 15 years ago and I was so happy for that.  Now Cathy, her Son Zander, & her Mom & Dad came out to visit me and William this past weekend.  We talked about being gay and of mine and William's hiv diagnosis that we have been dealing with this past year.  We talked and talked.  We both knew we were gay early on.   Cathy even reminded me that it was I who tought her how to tie her shoes.  We then got into the river and walked out to the "Rock."  Zander in Cathies arms until she went down, tossing me Zander in mid fall all the while Zander is just laughing his little ass off at me and Mom...  We had such a great time. I know Cathies family  are all behind me and Will as we go thru the rest of our lives living with hiv.   

YOU KNOW WHAT, GOSH ITS GREAT TO BE OUT TO FAMILY ON ALL LEVELS!!

MY CELL PHONE DID NOT MAKE IT BACK OUT OF THE RIVER...

Hope Everyone is doing great!   I FEEL SO GOOD THIS WEEK!!! ;D ;D

Love

Offline Eldon

Re: Gays & Lesbians Don't Float
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 10:18:04 pm »
Hello Eric. It is good to hear from you. Your weekend with your Cousin Cathy and her family sounds like it was awesome! It is a good thing that you and William were able to share that you were both HIV positive to the family. It is more added support for you guys.

Like the picture of the rock in the middle of the river.

Offline Teresa

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 10:36:31 pm »
Eric,

Looks like you were having a great time on the rock. Glad you have such a wonderful and supportive family!

You are truly blessed!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 01:49:07 am »
I thought Ann lived on that rock..oh well I'm confused...Glad you had a good time with your family Eric! That pick reminds me   No man is an island.......
Positive since 1985

Offline foster2006

• My home page
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 04:22:43 am »
Eric,

Thats cool

I can relate.

I also have a lesbian cousin, she was the first relative I told about my diagnosis.  She had an idea that something was up with me.  She had a feeling in June 2004 that something had happened to me, and again the week I was diagnosed with HIV.  June 2004 being the month I was infected.

I am glad that my family is supportive even though they are 1500 miles from me.

Foster

11/21/2006 CD4        VL <50
10/02/2006 CD4 1034 VL 114
09/06/2006 CD4 1595 VL   87
08/02/2006 CD4 1266 VL <50
06/07/2006 CD4 1412 VL <50

Diagnosed 10/18/2004
Truvada(1x day) & Maraviroc (2x day)

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 08:44:21 am »
Hi Eric,
It makes me so happy to see that you're so happy!! ;D

You are blessed with a supportive, understanding and caring family.

It's just so good to have you here at the forums.

You are truly a ray of sunshine and warmth :-*

Thank you, Eric

Peace

Kelly

POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 02:40:49 pm »
Hey Eric...

Sounds like a great day...and how fortunate to be reunited with an old friend.  You're very lucky to have such loving and supportive family and friends. 
There are some days when that's the only thing that gets you thru...  I'm very happy for you.  Now...about that rock. 
OMG!  How on earth did you guys get out there?  I guess some things do FLOAT huh? :P :o ;D

You Go, Boy...........
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 01:02:17 am »
Hi Eric,

I always thought we do float.  Maybe it is a salt water/fresh water thing...I remember talking to my friend Joy in Hawaii and telling her I went to the Gay Pride Parade in West Hollywood.  She said I didn't GO to the parade, I WAS the parade.  Under certain circumstances, I believe we DO or at least ARE the float.  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 04:38:06 am »
Eric on the rocks....sounds like something delicious!
 ;)
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 10:00:35 am »
Oh Thank you for reading my stuff...   Me and Will live along the Roaring Fork River about 11 miles down from Aspen.  The "Rock" has become very metaphorical for me over the years.  Its just out our back door about 12 yards or so..   Yesterday, I fell asleep out there, lulled to sleep by the water flowing on either side of me.   Sometimes I think of the river as the world traveling by me as I look on.  Other times I jump in and feel that I am truly a part of life and am moving along.  When I "slip" on a slippery rock, I learn how to be a more sure footed in the river and in life...  Very simple lessons for me to learn from...

Love

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 07:17:29 pm »
Hi Eric,

I have a river at my door too.  At a boat rental shop I once overheard a visitor asking the shop owner how far could he go in the boat.  She said he could go 85 miles but the boat had to be back by 6:00 PM.  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.