Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:24:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 330
Total: 331

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread #74......All in a day or What's Your Routine?  (Read 28757 times)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Ladies Thread #74......All in a day or What's Your Routine?
« on: November 05, 2010, 10:01:16 pm »
I figured I would start a new thread. I actually forgot to check back in, I'll be honest. Plus I couldn't come up with a snazzy title. Though I am not here as much I still think about you ladies. And I was just wondering what are you guys daily routine or what do you do in a course of a day. You don't have to share but it would be interesting to know....I'll go first of course.....

If you didn't know I am a homebody, am on disability so am not working tho I do babysit. I usually get up around 11 am, flip on the tv and watch a few judge shows. My fave has to be Divorce Court, the people really amaze me that they can put their personal lives out there or how the hell they even got married in the first place. During that time, I am trying to get the cobwebs out by smoking a cig and having a glass of juice. Once I get that out the way, I am usually checking messages and email off of my Blackberry. I am up and out of bed by say eh 12:30. Unless there is an appointment I need to go to then my day starts a little early.

By 1:30, I am babysitting and frying my brain (no not with weed, I know some were thinking it) watching NickJr. I can proudly rattle off most characters from shows like Yo Gabba Gabba, The WonderPets, Dora, Diego, and Nai Hao Kai-Lan. If you don't know what I am talking about just ask your lil niece, nephew or grandchild, they'll tell you.. ;D I usually am sitting til close to midnight. After I take a few hours to unwind then it is off to bed. Add in between cooking dinner and cleaning.

I know not much time for me but it's not like I have a social life. I don't really know anyone other than through the few dates I went on. But no lady friends except for you guys on here..lol... Sad I know huh? Just thought I would try to make this thread a lil different though you know you can still rant. Just call it a bit of a distraction, I guess....TGIF Ladies and have a nice weekend.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
Re: Ladies Thread #74......All in a day or What's Your Routine?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 10:23:16 pm »
Hello Hello Hello GFs!

My goodness I haven't posted since the end of June when my AC went out lol!  So many things keeping life hectic -- I have given up on trying to slow down anymore.  Too much to do and not enough smart people to do it lol.

Ice and I are doing good.  He got really ansy for a new pup at the end of July, and just like Queen, we started watching Animal Planet.  I kept pushing for another Aussie like my dear departed Cheech, who I put down on 4/23/10.  Ice ended up finding some Border Collies (BCs) and went to pick ONE out the last week of July.  There were three left from a litter of 8 show dogs.  Ice took me down the following weekend to bring home TWO YES TWO BC pups.  They were already 7mos old, so pretty much full grown.  We went on our honeymoon cruise the last week of July and took Trooper and Sadie back to the breeder to board them while we were away.  I had felt so guilty that we didn't take all three pups left in July, and the one female was left over.  She wasn't alone, there were 35 dogs there, all BCs, and plenty of pals to run and play with.

Ice and I cruised out of NYC -- Queen did you see me waving to you?  LOL   :D  We cruised up to Canada and back down through New England to NYC.  We called the breeder to ask about the third dog, the female we didn't take, and we brought Rollo home when we picked up Trooper and Sadie from boarding.  OMFG is all I can say!  They are beautiful kind and very active at almost 11 months now. 

As fate would have it our neighbor was re-grading her yard in July when we brought the first two pups home.  We have had nothing but probs with standing water and dog paw prints from mud all over our basement.  I reached my limit about three weeks ago and screamed  and sobbed in frustration.  We have a dog door in the bsmt so the dogs tracked mud into the house when we were at work, on many occassions. 

Ice finally gave our neighbor a poop sandwich and told her that the regrading had caused us nothing but probs since July.  We have put down 3 different sections of sod in our yard since Sept and are doing a fourth huge area tomorrow.  Our yard has a wire fence through it to keep the dogs out of the muddy areas, but they dig and get under.  Our neighbor and I got drains put into the yards two weeks ago so the water would have somewhere to go.  Its still soggy but getting better.  We were so mad at our neighbor that we wanted to sacrifice her dog during a seance over Halloween.  Just kidding, but we have been really angry with her stupidness.

They let 6 people out of 30 go at work a week before my honeymoon, so when I came back in early October, my workload had increased 50%.  It hasn't been easy but I keep getting everything done.

Ice and I have been fighting sinus probs and coughing for weeks now, and he went to the doc yest.  Mine isn't as bad as his, must be the Atripla lol.  My counts are good, upper 600s and undetectable in Sept.

A lot of other stuff going on but I am stepping up and getting things done.  I'll be 41 on 11/14 and Ice's bday is 11/11.  I am doing OK.  I am going to try to post a new pic.  God Bless Cheech, still miss him like crazy, but The Dirty Dozen (12 paws!) have me very busy and entertained!

Love you and miss you all,

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline HippieLady

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 11:14:45 pm »
My daily routine is rather boring as well.  We homeschool  from 8 to about 3 depending on how much the girls try to slack off.  After that I get a couple of hours of "me" time before I gotta cook dinner and I usually spend it split between the computer and reading.  In the evenings, Hubs and I watch tv.  I'm a proud reality tv addict.  ;D  I'm usually in bed by 10pm.  I know it sound very glamorous.  I try to get up before it's time to wake the girls so I can have a cup of coffee and check my email before they start needing things.

I don't have any girlfriends either.  Hubs and I don't know many people here so we rarely even get a date night out. 
~Katie~
Diagnosed HIV+ April 30, 2010

Current CD4-638  VL-UD  11/2013

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 06:22:36 am »
Queen, you must have a lot of patience to baby-sit.  I mean, I like it when my grandkids come over, but after awhile, I'm not sure what to do with my grandson, who's 6.  My granddaughter is 10, and is a bit easier to watch, because she'll go on the computer and play games.  But irregardless, watching kids takes a lot of patience.  Back to the old thread, I'm glad you're going to see an ENT doctor.  I've heard good things about Mt. Sinai (sp?), and hope you like them. 

Cin, we were wondering what happened to you!  3 dogs?  Wow.  I'm sure you and Ice love them, though, and that they have a good home, so that's cool.  I would be totally pissed about the water and mud trouble you're having, and hope that gets cleared up.  And I hope your sinuses clear up also.  One of my friends has fall allergies, and her sinuses have really been bothering her lately.  It sounds like you had a wonderful cruise!  Congrats on the birthday also.  I turned 45 this year, and a friend of mine reminded me of how close to 50 I am now (thanks a lot).  I hope you celebrate!

Hippie, a lady that used to post here did home schooling.  I believe that would take a lot of patience also, and admire people who do a good job at it.  And I don't have much of a social life either.

I usually get up between 5-6 in the morning. Then I come out, turn on the coffee pot, and give my kitty a couple treats. Then I take my meds, check my blood sugar, get my coffee, and I read a little meditation like thing every day.  It has to do with addiction, and I know most of you know I'm a recovering drug addict.  I do pray, then I go outside and smoke a cigarette.  Before I moved last year, I smoked in my apartment, but the smell was bad, and when I took the pics down off the wall, I noticed how yellow the walls had gotten.  So I now smoke outside.  I only smoke about 5-6 cigarettes a day.  Anyway, then I check my e-mails, and try to exercise.  Then watch t.v. for a bit.  Depending on what day it is, I can go shopping, or go to the laundermat, clean, or whatever.  I usually go to bed no later than 10.  Not very exciting. 

I'm back from the training.  It was pretty interesting this time.  It was in Indianapolis.  There was an agency who came in, who tests at different locations, like bars and bathhouses, and the guy talked about the different STD's, and showed us pictures, which weren't appealing at all.  But, interesting.  He was saying how syphilis is on the rise again in Marion County, which is where Indy is, and how it's being spread is men who have sex with men, but identify as heterosexuals, and are in relationships with women.  Anyway, I'm not going to bore you all, but it was interesting.

You all know I have to take another test Monday.  I don't have confidence, because of not making it the first time.  When I fail at something, my confidence usually gets shattered.  So, we'll see if I still have a job after Monday or not.                                Nothing other than that.  I hope you all have a good weekend.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 06:01:23 pm »
Hey Cindy, so good to see you or I should say hear from you. Liked the story on how you got the pups, not surprised you scooped up the third one. And you came to NYC and didn't holla at me!!!Happy to know you and Ice is still going strong. At least you didn't get laid off when you came back. All that hard work you were doing when you started the job. It speaks for itself I am sure. They prolly dumped the slackers. Since we talked last I think I changed my cell number about 3 times and phones the same. I have a Blackberry now. You'll have to PM me so I can give you the new number. Happy Birthday to you and Ice.

HippieLady--I use to be heavily into reality shows, now not so much. From time to time I do watch the Real Housewives of Atlanta, it's about the only one I can tolerate. The other Housewives kinda get on my nerves with their constant whining when they have money out the ass. So, I am like what the hell are they complaining for? I like to watch RuPaul on Logo, that is about as far as my reality show goes til they get one with some substance to it.

Betty--I amaze myself with how much patience I have. But the Lil One actually makes it easy for me. She's a lil spoiled but she knows who she can get over on....Her Daddy, got him wrapped around her finger. She never hardly cries at all and entertains herself. Put her in front of the tv with NickJr, her sippy cup and binky, she's pretty much good to go. She lets me know when she is wet by pulling off her diaper. She has done this when it was full of crap too. So we make sure we put onesies on her so she can't pull the diapers off. I have told the father this is a sign that she is ready to be potty trained. So I am waiting on him to get her a potty chair. He works so much, I will prolly end up being the one training her when the time comes. He's a young, 21, single father who is doing his best trying to raise his daughter with no help from mother's fam or his fam which I think is truly sad. Sometimes I wanna text the ex to send him pics of her since it is his granddaughter but then I decide not to. He made the choice of not wanting to be in her life.

As for the ENT visit, it was a trip. I made it there on time, waited an hour for the dude to put a tuning fork up to the center of my forehead to see if I could hear the vibrations. I thought he was joking at first but he wasn't and I couldn't hear anything until he did it a second time and put it in front then the back of my ears. So, I think that tells me that I have lost more hearing though my old ENT never did such a thing. I have to go back in January to get more hearing test then see the doctor at the end of January. I may not end up getting any hearing aids til prolly Febuary. Hopefully hearing aids will still be an option for me.

Well I need to run. I have a date tonight. I have been off this weekend from babysitting. I still have to eat dinner, jump in the shower and get dressed....Check in tomorrow...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 11:39:24 am »
Welcome Back, Cin.  Nice to see you and the family are doing well!

Hippie- You must have the patience of a saint, I could never homeschool my kids. If I could work it out it might be a good idea for my 3some.  They are all delayed and I am not sure yet if it is because they were all premature or what?  I keep trying to catch the school psycologist but he isn't there much. They all have low memory issues so they struggle a lot.

BT-  Good to hear you are only to a couple of cigs a day, good job!!  How did you like your training?

Queen- I am so glad my kids are not into those shows anymore. SO glad!!

I try to get up at 6 am, sometimes I hit the snooze a couple of time if I know my sons clothes are ready for the day.  I take the dogs out for a walk.
Get my 12 yr old up so I can drive him to the bus stop for 6:50
Come home, have a coffee, check the computer, get the 3some up and ready.
Take a shower get myself ready.
Get them to school for around 8:40.  I work PT at the school till about 1.
Walk the dogs.
Do whatever I can or have the energy for till I have to pick the kids up from school at 3:30.
Come home get supper started, let them play outside for a bit before dark. That might change now :)
Homework, supper, showers..sometimes not in that order, bed.
Try to clean up and get ready for the next day.
Try to watch a little TV before falling asleep but I usually crash around 11 and find myself waking up having a strange dream because I am listening to some stupid infomercial.
Thursdays I drive Miss Daisy to the grocery store or her hair appointment.
Other various nights I help out the lady I told you about in the other thread.
This weekend was going over to house and sitting with her because she fell down a few stairs and knocked herself out for a few hours and scared the crap out of herself.
Football season just ended so now we are on to Cub and Boy scouts. Oh, I run my boys cub scout meeting.
Weekends are for cleaning and doing something fun with the kids.
Knowing me, I forgot something?
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline missy

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 09:06:43 pm »
Hey Gfs,
Sorry I haven't been around for a while.  I have been so busy with work and packing again.  Yes I am moving again as I am getting married in December and we are trying to get a place mid way between our jobs. It will be worth it as he is a great guy.  I will go from 5 minutes to work to 35 but he is definitely worth the drive.  I have been traveling a lot for work so it has been rather hectic and when the weekend gets her I can't wait to spend it with my fiancee.
We are going to Hawaii for our Honeymoon in Dec.  I am so excited, I can't wait.  I will check back in soon.  Often I just read the posts and catch up on everyone.  I am so happy to see Moon back on has anyone heard from Mum? 
Betty good luck on your test Monday I know you will do good.  ~M 8)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 01:03:26 pm »
I passed the frickin' test!  I took it yesterday.  My boss had said she would be in at noon yesterday to grade it, then she said "tomorrow morning," (this morning), then this morning I got an e-mail from her saying she would grade it this afternoon.  So, I just found out a couple minutes ago.  So for now, I still have a job, lol. 

Queen, how was your date?  I hope it turned out well.  I don't like it that you have to wait until January to see the ENT again, but hopefully he'll be more thorough than your old one was, and can really help you.

Snow, that's quite a schedule.  I couldn't keep up with it.    The training was interesting.  We had everything from someone from a local STD clinic, to ethics, to diversity, to care coordination, to the state insurance program for people w/ HIV, etc.   Indiana actually has a pretty good insurance program, and right now, there's not a waiting list.  So that's cool.  The guy from the STD clinic was interesting also.  He showed us graphic pictures of different STD's, and finally said something I've never heard anyone say in public: that the chances of getting HIV from oral sex is extremely slim.  He said if it were the case, a lot more people would have it.  I was just talking about that to my best friend over the weekend. She's a therapist now, but used to be on the streets, and was saying how if it were so easy, she would have had HIV long ago (me too).  She's actually got Hep C, but is doing very well, and that is something I'm always amazed I never picked up.  But anyway, the guy from the STD clinic said that in 1989, Indianapolis had the highest rate of syphilis in the nation, and that it's on the rise again.  He said a lot of the carriers of it are men who identify as heterosexual, and have wives or girlfriends, but are out having sex with other men. Which is no shocker. 

Mary, congrats on the engagement!  Hawaii sounds nice.

I really just wanted to let everyone know about me passing.  It's a beautiful day here, in the 60's.  Strange for November, especially since we've already had snow.              You all have a good one.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 06:09:14 pm »
You go girl!!!!
Good job, BT, that is awesome I am happy for you!

Good luck moving Missy :)

Offline missy

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 09:41:58 pm »
Great Job BT I knew you could do it!!!!  Congratulations. ~M

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 04:08:20 pm »
Congrats on passing the test,Betty...I knew you could do it....As for the date it was nice but ended up ending it with the guy. I just don't see why I keep running into guys who can't be honest if it was to save their life. It's really starting to piss me off to the point that I think I am becoming a bit bitter and somewhat jaded...I'll be the first to admit it. I am just tired of being honest and having it taken as a weakness.

I think someone hacked into my Facebook account or something. I get up to log on and I get an email from Facebook saying they have suspended my account due to the posting of some pic. Don't understand why cuz I don't have any X-rated pics posted. So now I am waiting on them to reinstate my account.

I dunno ladies, just feeling a bit frustrated is all.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline HippieLady

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 09:51:34 am »
Congrats on passing the test Betty!

Nothing new going on here.  I want to post more but since nothing exciting ever happens I find there is nothing to post about.  Just the same routine everyday.

It's gotten cooler here which is nice.  It's hard to get into the fall/holiday spirit when it's still 80 degrees outside.  My husband has to go to Cali for a week after Thanksgiving.  I really hate when he has to go somewhere for work.  He keeps me grounded and keeps my head clear.  I dwell way to much when left to my own devices.

Speaking of dwelling to much....I opted out of flu shots this year for the entire family.  Now I'm scared of getting the flu and being very ill.  I'm not really sure why we didn't get them, laziness I guess.  I even picked up the insurance papers from walmart and filled them all out but then we never went.  There is still time, I know they are still giving them out.

Before all this HIV hoopla, I was totally against big pharma.  I hated taking meds of any kind unless it was absolutely necessary.  Now I have all these meds that ARE necessary but I'm still not a huge fan of injecting myself or my children with something that has unknown stuff in it.  I guess I'm being a worry wart of sorts.

I hope everyone has a super weekend!

-K
~Katie~
Diagnosed HIV+ April 30, 2010

Current CD4-638  VL-UD  11/2013

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 06:20:27 pm »
Thanks for the congrats, ladies.  Next week I'll start seeing clients, so hopefully I can do a good job.

Queen, I hope you got the facebook thing worked out alright.

Hippie, I got the flu shot this year, mostly because I'll be working around a lot of people who will be ill from time to time, and one of those times, they may have the flu.  I just don't want to get it, and be so ill I'd wish I was dead.

So today, a lady I've known for years, who's also been working in the HIV field for years, took me out to lunch.  We talked about how it was in the old days, how we used to cling to each other, because that's all we had, and some of the fun things we used to do.  I know it's old stuff, but it sure was nice to talk to someone who could understand me missing a lot of people, and how much I miss times we used to get together and have fun.  I guess I'm just groaning on and on, so I hope you all have a good one.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 03:24:16 pm »
BT- You will be awesome and I am sure you will give your clients what they need.

Queen- Is your facebook back up?  That is wierd, I have a friend that keeps having a posting about winning an iphone's  come up a bunch of times a day.  It's really annoying.

I went to a Zumba class for the first time yesterday.  It was really good, I loved the music!  Unfortunately, I had to leave half way thru so I could go puke but other than it was great. I went back and finished the class and I was fine. I think I was just over-heated, next time I will have to wear shorts and a tank top.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 04:32:59 am »
Zumba, aye Snow?  Wow, I'm impressed.  Where is everybody?  I suppose a lot of people keep in touch with Facebook.

It's freezing here this morning, I hope it warms up some.  Queen, hope you're doing alright.

Offline camille07

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 08:01:00 am »
Hey Ladies-

Just popping in.  I have my laptop over at the local starbucks today.  I needed a real internet connection, as opposed to, just phone access :)

Facebook has an app for the droid and it's really easy to read post.  When I'm on this site, I'm booted off very quickly (from the  phone)

BT-  great job on the test!!! It was nice to read.

Cindy-  Glad to see you doing well. 

Queen- Where are you on fb?   I'm friends with snow, netta and wendy.  Are you in their friends list?   BTW-  Netta has a great group of art work she posted.  She's very talented.

My routine is temporarily disrupted but typically here it is?
I wake up at 6.  Hit the coffee button (set up the night before).  Get my dog a peanut butter Kong ( a hard rubber container for treats etc).  Grab coffee  read the news for about 2 hours.  Listen to a christian program on my podcasts while reading. 
Take the dog to the beach.  About 20 feet away.
Start working (graphic designer from home) up until 5 or 6.
At night usually read or listen to some podcasts.  I just got rid of cable (I can't stand tv anymore).  My husband and I  watch a lot of netflix or download from Itunes.  Though I love House and watch that online.  Also, AMC has a new show "the walking dead" that I download from Itunes.

I work with my husband so he's involved in all these things except the dog walking...we switch back and forth.  He's very funny so we have a lot of fun through out the day.

This also varies slightly from day to day.

Hope you ladies have a great day!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 02:54:43 pm »
Hey Ladies---

I am off from babysitting today. I still do not have my Facebook up and running yet. I don't know why it is taking them so long to activate it again. They sent me a link to go to, did that which verified my email but it is still not activated yet. Something about being in a queue.

I opened another profile on Poz Personals. It's just sad cause it is the same people on there. Still people with no profile pic but since blogging about it about a month ago I am a lil more understanding. Just a lil bummed about the men I keep running into. Oh and did I mention the ex tried to contact me thru third party? About some jewelry that is in pawn under my name. The reason he contacted me is because I guess his brother gave him some money so he could go see some woman in Virginia and ex told brother that I would pay my half of the pawn ticket. Normally I would have and did try to contact the ex a few months ago about it. I totally got disrespected, called all kinds of bitches and to suck his dick. So I was like fuck it. I guess he thought since he still has some of my belongings that I would do it...NOT...I have since then replaced anything he had of mine. On top of that he sold shit of mine and never tried to replace them so why should a I give 2 figs about his rings. Not my problem that he made a side deal with his brother and his brother was stupid to accept it. I guess I'll just say like Tony Montana in Scarface, "Say hello to the bad guy"....

It just kills me because he had the nerve to tell my friend that he misses me. But in the same breath say he is in Virginia like I am stupid. I know his income and he can't afford to travel anywhere. I know his MO, he is in Virginia with another woman, not that it bothers me but I know him. He's telling her how he is the victim and everyone did him wrong song. He also had the nerve to ask to see his grand daughter, the Lil One that I watch. And why he think he would be allowed to keep her over the weekend is beyond me when he kicked her and the baby father out on the streets after he used the baby daddy for money. He really amazes me because he thinks everyone has forgotten the shit he has done to them!

My youngest son text me yesterday, he plans on coming to NY next week I think to come visit me. I hope he does cause I am feeling a lil home sick, not for the place but for fam and friends. I hope I can get lucky and find someone for me. I am starting to think that maybe there isn't anyone for me. Maybe I am meant to be alone or single. Not depressed mind you just maybe it is the way it is meant to be. Oh well you know my saying.....2 tears in a bucket motherfuck it.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 05:06:57 am »
Camms, my sister really likes House.  I typically don't watch any t.v. after 7:30, that's when I watch Jeopardy.  I try to watch that and Wheel of Fortune.  Got to keep the mind on the up-and-up. ;)  Seriously, I really don't know if doing puzzles truly helps people when they get older, brain wise, but I've heard it can.  Better than not using it I guess.

Queen, your ex sounds very antisocial.  Like nothing (social rules etc.) applies to him, just everyone else.  Thank heavens you're not with him anymore.  About the poz personals....I joined that a few years back, but haven't participated in a long, long time.  I did become phone friends with someone in Maryland, who seems nice.  But, I would never fly out there to meet him.  And hopefully he'll never mention flying here.  You may meet someone, you never know.  I am pretty content being alone.  I'm pretty selfish as it is, what I mean by that is, I don't like to answer to someone about my time, I like to do things when I like to do them etc.   But good luck.  A friend of mine has been chatting with some guy on a different dating site (she's not poz), and thinks she's "in love."  I want to tell her that the last time I meant up with someone from the internet, I got herpes. :(  Not that every guy is bad.  Anyway, I hope you meet someone who's decent, and will make you happy.

Not much going on.  I'm meeting two clients today, at their homes, to do their reviews for the ASO.  One of them is an African lady, who's here on a Visa.  I was looking at her file, and it expires in 2012.  I wish the ASO here worked with a lawyer with such things, but they don't.  I'm going to have to check out what it takes to stay here when one's visa expires.  Maybe I could find a lawyer who would do pro bono work.  They all do at some point I believe, so they can write it all off on their taxes.            Ok, you ladies have a good one.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 06:54:05 pm »
Ok Ladies, I know you all are probably getting ready for Thanksgiving and all but it's been like a ghost town in here. Oh I have been lurking just to see who would post and everybody's been quiet with the exception of Betty who posted last. Ok, I am done scolding now... ;D

A Lil Update, the landlord finally came and fixed the things he was suppose to but in his own way is still being a smartass. He knows I watches the Lil One, so now he is telling me that I need to get window guards on all the windows. Yes, I know it is a law but come on, she is only a year old and can't even reach the window much less open one. He was saying that if I don't get those that I can't watch her anymore. But it will be taken care of by the Lil One's father. Yet there is another problem going on now with my neighbor who lives under me. He says that the wall in his apartment has a bubble in in. Both he and the landlord asked me if anything had overflowed, it hadn't so we're guessing it has to be in the wall somewhere. I am just waiting to see how long my neighbor is going to put up with it.

Well, I put my feelers out again on the personals. I after texting the most part of a few days, we decided to meet. Nice guy, I liked him but I was told that I was too small he preferred big girls. Bummer, last time someone told me something similiar was this white guy who said I wasn't black enough that I had caucasian features? Believe it or not, I got a lot of that growing up since my adopted mother was white.But then again not a bummer because I weigh 152 lbs and I am 5'3. I am comfortable with my weight and I did lose some weight. So back to the drawing board I went. I started conversing with someone from a different site. A man who is actually poz himself and works in some type of Outreach program talking about HIV/AIDS and Hep C. I am taking my time this time around but this does look promising. I'll keep you posted.

I got tired of waiting around for Facebook to get around to me so I started another account. So I will be PMing a few of you ladies with my name on there now. I have been getting a break from babysitting for the last few days but I'll be back to it tomorrow. I am also making the attempt to cook a Thanksgiving dinner. Wish me luck since this will be the second time I ever cooked a turkey. The first time it turned out beautiful. I got a recipe off of food network that I am going to work with. But for now I gotta run, I got ribs and homemade mac and cheese in the oven.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2010, 05:40:26 am »
It has been awfully quiet in here.  I watch, like you Queen, to see if anyone's going to post.  Maybe everyone's busy with the upcoming holiday?

Queen, I have to honestly say, I've never heard of putting window guards on windows when you're baby-sitting a little one.  When my daughter was growing up, I never had window guards.  So, I didn't know that was a law.  I think it's kinda silly, but that's just me.  Good luck with the new guy.  So, one guy said you're not big enough, and another one said you're not black enough?  Geez, men are never happy.

Yesterday, a friend of mine died, due to Aids.  I've known him for about 17 or 18 years, and he's always been dying.  What I mean is, he's been telling people he's going to die as long as I've known him.  But I guess in the last year, he's gotten worse.  Some Hospice nurses found him.  It's sad, but it's better for him.  He was suffering.  I'm going to miss him, though.  He was a trooper.

So I've been meeting with more of my clients at work.  It seems to be going well so far.  I've revealed to a few of them about being poz myself, so they know when I say I understand, I really do.                Nothing much else going on.  I hope you ladies all have a good one.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2010, 09:22:55 am »
Well, Betty it seems like it might just be you and me for awhile. Maybe others is just lurking as well or like you said, the holidays has them busy. Maybe family is coming over or the preperations for the feast. I took my turkey out yesterday. Wednesday I am going to let it sit over night in some brine. I am going with a recipe I saw on Food Network for cooking a turkey.

Anyhoo, it looks like you're settling in to your new job. Sorry to hear about your friend.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2010, 05:42:18 am »
Good luck with the turkey, Queen.  I'm going to my brother-in-law's family's.  They're Polish.  Now, talk about stereotyping, when I tell people about them being Polish, people always ask "oh, are they going to be having sausage and noodles?"  Um, no, not for Thanksgiving.  There should be lots of food, though, which means (hopefully) leftovers.  Have a good one, everyone.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2010, 02:58:37 pm »
Well, my turkey turned out really good, I was proud of myself. Actually everything turned out good but I mainly cooked the turkey for my roommate cause I am not big on turkey. I like all the side dishes, I made mashed potatoes and dressing along with some cranberry sauce. The only thing I was missing was some sweeet potato pie which made me think of my oldest sister. She would make one for me and her son.

Now that turkey day is over, here comes the bombardment of Xmas commercials. I really hate this time of year. it reminds me of Xmas past when I was younger, how excited I would be about  Xmas. It also makes me miss my parents, my mother would get so excited this time of year and would really get into the holiday. The whole month of December you wouldn't hear anything but Xmas music. Running around the house decorating and humming the Lil Drummer Boy. Every year my poor Dad, going out in the snow to find us a tree. He always pick a nice one and never artificial. He would test the lights, get them ready for Mom, then go up in the attic for the decorations....Ah, those were good times I'll always remember.

Gotta run, sitting with the Lil One.... :-*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2010, 04:49:11 am »
I pigged out on Thanksgiving.  My brother-in-law's sister always makes a huge meal, and it was so good.  And yeah, now all the ads about this and that store's specials.  And the stores try to get people in there so much, they make it look like this will be the only time they're having these specials, so people better get in there to get them.  Of course, things will be on sale all throughout the holiday season, and then comes the big sales after Christmas. 

I like this time of year.  Probably because I get excited for my grandkids.  I really miss my parents also, Queen.  When I was growing up, there never used to be all this black Friday madness.  We would go out the day after Thanksgiving, and go to this mall that doesn't exist anymore.  My dad would give myself and my brother each $5 to buy gifts for other people, but back then, that was plenty.  And we would walk around the mall, and look at all the decorations.  Then we would go to this buffet, and I thought that was the greatest thing in the world.  There were no huge crowds, no people waiting outside all night, no shoving, none of the craziness that exists today. 

My parents were pretty big on the Christmas spirit also, Queen.  Holiday baking would start the weekend after Thanksgiving.  My mom made 3 or 4 different kinds of cookies, and fudge.  It was an all-day ordeal, but was fun.  The tree would go up the weekend after Thanksgiving also.  We didn't have a real tree, though.  The one we had had a real tree smell to it.  Then, when I got older, and was married to my 2nd husband, and my daughter was little, we got a real tree.  After Christmas, and the tree came down, there were so many pine needles to vacuum up, I understood why some people get artificial trees.  That was a mess. 

Ah, the memories.  Before I got clean this last time, I can't remember the Christmases.  I don't have much memory of the time I was strung out. I can remember some things clearly, but lost months of time.  Hopefully it will be a good holiday season this year.  It's going to zip by, just like time does.  Ok, before I get sentimental, you all have a good one.

Offline netta

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2010, 12:51:58 am »
HELLO LADIES, HOW R U ALL ??? I am fine. been very busy. My art show was a bomb, no sales so today i lowered the price. I had to pic up all 17 pieces of art ! I didn't realize it was that much. No wonder I was going koo koo. I am on Facebook every day. I get so caught up there, I forget about posting here, Sorry its been so long. I hope  all are well. I am in a play, busy rehersing, in a gospel group, trying to do my art website, have a mime ministry with the youth at church and a prayer ministry. SOOOO ITS ALL GOOD ! My hair is turning gray and I am not going to color anymore. I cut it very short. OK now look me up on FB under my name Vannetta,Ferguson.OH of course I am taking care of my baby LUCY, she is getting big, so grown up now, but spoiled. I have pics of her on my site. Lucy is 14 months old.
"to thine own self be true"

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2010, 04:58:43 am »
Good to hear from you, Netta.  I'm not on Facebook, so I won't be able to see your pictures.  I'm sure your artwork is gorgeous, and that Lucy is a bundle of love.  Check back in with us more often!

tendai

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2010, 05:17:41 am »
Hi guys, been a while...my life is so boring these days  i dont have anything to post about.  im still with my BF we're almost 1 and 1/2 yrs now and he just tested negative woo hoo! Just wanted to say hie to you all!

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2010, 09:34:57 am »
Hey ladies. Just stopping in to say hey. Nothing much exciting going my way., my 3 year anniversary of this virus is this Month. I always catch myself being a little depress every year around this time. Some good news is I gave the baby next Tuesday. I am to ready. I'm getting my tubes tied after this one though   I'm still kind of scared n nerves about his health. My cd4 is good n I'm u/d. I'm asking for you alls prayers n thoughts please. I'm still working so let me get back to work. I qas just dropping in.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 02:20:53 pm »
Just checking in too, not much going on with me either. Love life/ Dating life still sucks, still has my profile on Poz Personals but the guys who hit me up are just full of shit. I don't know any other way to put it. I haven't gotten tired of NY just the people I guess you can say. I have often thought about going back home after my lease expires, that's in 2012 but I am not sure just yet. The medical is much better here than in Pa, that is one of the main reasons for staying here though stuff moves slow also in this area. But anything can happen from now til 2012.

Tendai---Good to hear from you. Glad you and bf are still together....

Keeping--Oh yeah, next week huh. I told you you were going to have a Capricorn baby!!! We're the best!!!! I got my tubes tied after my last one, 20 years ago. Well, I got mine cut burned and tied. I wanted to make sure there were no more babies for me.

I think the holidays are getting to me a lil bit too...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2010, 05:56:13 am »
Tendai, good to hear from you!  I'm glad things are going well with your boyfriend.

Keeping, how exciting about the baby!  I'm sure things will be fine.  I had my tubes tied a long time ago.  How's school?

Queen, sorry you're feeling blue.  Holidays can be hard on people.  I miss my parents a lot, especially this time of year.  Sometimes I'll hear a song that reminds me of them, and I may shed a tear or two.  As far as the dating scene goes, I really don't have any advice, as I don't want to be in a relationship.  I hope things improve, but sometimes you gotta wade through a lot of shit before you get to greener pastures.

Well, I started working full-time this last week.  I know that means I'll be losing my disability check, but I'm hoping that what the benefits counselor told me is true, and I'll be able to keep Medicare for awhile.  There's an insurance program here for people who don't qualify for anything else, so I've got that in the back of my mind also.  I just feel that if I know I can work full-time, that that's what I should be doing.  Keep all your fingers and toes crossed this goes well.

I also got my grades for school, and I got A's in both my classes.  I think you all know, I'm in a master's program, to get a certificate in alcohol and drug counseling.  One of my classes was a counseling class, the other one was an assessment/diagnosis class.  Next semester is a more advanced counseling class, and a class about legal and illegal drugs of abuse.  I'm a little nervous about next semester, because I hear one of the professors is a very hard teacher.  We'll see how it goes.  I just hope I can do this besides working full-time.  I mean, I know others do it, as most of the people in my classes work full-time while attending school, but it's just that I'm not used to it.                       Ok ladies, I think that's it for now.  I hope you all are having a good weekend, and keeping warm.

Offline 27years

• What I did for love I will still do it for love
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2010, 09:45:40 am »
Just passing by to wish you ladies happy holidays, I am doing fine and heavily pregnant now, am due any time but i hope it will be the next two weeks so that i can have time to finish the nursery and shopping bits and pieces, i left it until too late but hey its got to be done now as a matter of urgency. First baby and I dont know what to expect, will keep you updated.
Nobody dies a virgin life screws us all up

Offline netta

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2010, 01:09:03 pm »
Just to Wish everyone a Happy Holiday ! Nothing much going on with me, resting, rehersal break for the play. Cooking dinner and watching tv for xmas, maybe read a book. My sister came to visit last week so we kinda celebrated early. Keeping Faith had her baby!!!!, so beautiful ! the pics are on her facebook page.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2010, 07:10:33 pm »
I hope everyone had a nice Xmas. Honestly, I am glad it is over. I did get a game for my Wii for Xmas. It has finally snowed and it is now here to stay. I had to walk to the store in it and it was fairly deep already. It still is coming down.

Well, come to find out that a pipe under my bathroom floor seem to have burst. Now water is leaking in my neighbor's apartment. Which means they will have to rip out my floor, I wouldn't mind so much if a professional did it. But my landlord wants to be a DIYer and save some money. Ok, I get that but I have seen past efforts of him fixing stuff and it doesn't come out looking profession, i.e. the livingroom window.

Otherwise things are ok, my bday is around the corner, can't believe I'll be 42 but my body seems to remind me everyday...In other news, I don't think Keeping would mind me sharing...She had her baby, it was a boy. Cute as a button too. I hope everyone is doing well......
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2010, 04:34:25 pm »
Hey ladies. Just dropping in. I had the baby on the 21st. He is doing great. I  have lost  25 lbs since having him. Go me lol. He has been taking hid meds well. We go for his first appointment next week. I'm nervous but I know every thing will be  ok. My older children love him to pieces. 

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2011, 06:59:37 am »
Happy new year's ladies.  It seems it's quite quiet in here lately.

Queen, sorry about the pipe under your floor busting.  I hope your landlord gets it fixed.  For your wii, do you have the fitness stuff for it?  I was just wondering how that is.  It seems so popular.  Happy birthday by the way.  I hope you have a good one.

Keeping-Congrats!!  I'm so happy for you. 

Nothing much going on here.  I'm working full-time now, and getting ready to go back to school.  I'm hoping this will work, going to work full-time, and going to school full-time.  When I start school, I'm going to have to go right from work to school, which is going to be a drag.  I'll probably have a 0 social life, since the weekends will probably be spent doing homework.  Just please send good vibes that this will work out.  I'm a bit leary of it, because it's been so long since I've attempted anything like this, and my health has changed a lot.  But, I'm going to give it a shot.                Ok ladies, have a good one.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2011, 03:22:19 am »
I know, it has been awfully quiet in here. I was beginning to feel like a blabbermouth. Come to find out that the radiator in my bathroom broke so that is why water leaked into my neighbor's apartment. Not much has been going on with me. I had a date earlier which turned out really nice. I'll just leave it like that for now. Well, 2011 is here and I have vowed to make my focus me this year. I think a problem I have is that I always put others before me. Not that I don't like to help people when I can but after awhile if not careful, you end up neglecting one's self.

I have my hearing test on the 11th, hopefully I will still be able to wear hearing aids. If so, then I plan on checking out this place called Vesid. It's like vocational rehabilitation for the disabled. I was looking at their website and it seems like they give you some type of job training and try to place you. I need to find some type of way to make a lil extra cash without losing my benefits. I know social security has the ticket to work program and I am sure Vesid more than likely follows their guidelines. I am determined to make this year about bettering myself. Not that I am compalining about 2010, it was actually quite good to me with minor setbacks. And for that, I am truly grateful.

For the record, Betty, I am using you as my inspiration.....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2011, 04:43:49 am »
Thanks, Queen.  I used vocational rehabilitation to help me pay for college, the one I just graduated from last year.  Yeah, they help pay for college or job training, and they do help place people.  And when you talk to them, ask them about places in the community that help with the job search, because they're very knowledgable about helping people who are on social security get jobs, while keeping their benefits.  People on SSI have different rules than people on SSDI, so make sure you're specific about which one you're on (which I believe is SSI?).  I posted a link somewhere from social security's website about this kind of stuff, and I'll try to find it, so I can post it here.  They also have a person called a "benefits counselor," which is someone who knows the system inside and out, and can help out with the keeping the benefits thing while working also.  When I started working, and my caseworker messed with my case, and got things screwed up, it was the benefits counselor who straightened them out.  Good luck, Queen, I know you can do it!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2011, 11:52:27 pm »
Thanks Betty. Well, actually I get both SSI and SSDI, my SSI check is the smaller of the two. I really love computers too much not to be doing something more with them than just chatting on Facebook. I am just wondering if I should look into it now or wait til I get some hearing aids? I am all with the sooner the better but I just don't want to be frustrated trying to hear people. I did email a few people I was networking with while I was in the shelter. One was my old social worker but she can no longer help me since I am not in the shelter. The other was a social worker who dealt with the disabled in abusive relationships. She was the one who got me placed in the DV shelter. I am hoping I will hear back from her tomorrow. I think she can put me more in touch with vocational rehab.

I am also dating someone who is into computers too. He says it is not hard. He does so much and also works on game systems. I really want to do maintenance to them and charge a decent price or work somewhere like that. If I can find the training. As for the guy, we are on the same page. I have let him know that I am taking this year and putting my focus on me. That my focus is not a relationship right now. And he is good with that, feels the same way too actually. I guess you can say friends with benefits that is focused on their own thing. It's not about sex so much but companionship, ya know. We have so much in common that it is uncanny. He's just good company and he keeps me laughing. So much so that my face actually started hurting...lol...All I am going to say is MAJOR POTENTIAL......
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2011, 05:09:39 am »
Yeah, Queen, I would say you may want to wait to go back to school until you'll be able to hear what's going on in the classroom.  When someone first gets in touch with vocational rehabilitation, they usually do testing, I think, to see where a person's potential is.  I'm sure you'll do great with computers, because you seem to like them so much.  And voc rehab should be able to help you with getting whatever you need for school.  I'm sure their funding is different state by state. Like here, they have an office, but usually there's only one person there at a time.  The others work from their homes. Their funding has been cut pretty drastically here, which is no surprise, being our governor is Mitch (the bitch) Daniels, who thinks he needs to cut programs that actually help people.  Anyway, good luck with this, and with your potential man. 

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10095.html
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 07:55:16 am by BT65 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2011, 06:49:58 pm »
I truly hope so, Betty. I sent out about 3 emails between today and last night. I also think you're right about waiting until I get my hearing aids squared away. But for now I want to collect information and see what they have to offer.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2011, 04:56:12 am »
Nothing wrong with getting information, I think it's a good idea.  That way you'll get an idea about where you would like to check out when you're ready to go back.  I'm sure there are a ton of different schools in New York, so you'll probably get a lot of good ones you can choose from.  I think it's great you want to go back!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2011, 01:53:22 am »
TGIF ladies. It's been a frustrating week to say the least. I did get in contact with someone from VESID, the vocational rehab here. The lady from their main office was nice, directed me to the office closest to me. I proceed to email one of the social workers explaining my situation and mentioning that I am hard of hearing but has no hearing aids. So what does she tell me? To call the office?!? I was thinking that they would have someone who handles general inquiries like the other office. But I guess not. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have tried searches and some links that you guys in here gave me. But most of those didn't seem to help. It's getting to the point that I end up feeling frustrated and miserable trying to talk to a utility company on the phone. I explain to whoever that I am hard of hearing, that I may ask them to repeat themselves or talk louder. But it never seems to help, I just get more frustrated.

Snow does try to help me out with things, I truly appreciate her but I just feel so helpless. The main reason I have not been to a primary or hiv doctor. It's just amazing to me how rude people can be even after I explain my situation with my hearing. If you think I am lying Snow can tell you, she has had the honor (and I use that word loosely) of speaking with some people.

I have to go for hearing tests next week. I hope someone can tell me something after these tests. But I won't find that out til the 28th when I meet with the doctor. That's what I was told last visit. And now I am to the point that my apartment needs to be made deaf proof. I need things to alert me now more than anything.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2011, 07:09:22 am »
Queen, I am so sorry you're going through all that crap.  I can't believe the lady with voc rehab told you to call the office.  Maybe you should try someone else, and explain you can't hear?  I hope your hearing tests this week help, and the doctor can tell you something.  Do you think you're going to be able to get new hearing aids? 

I don't have to work today, because the schools are shut down.  When the schools close due to weather, we close.  We got over 30 inches in 2 days, and they're saying on the weather that we're supposed to get double-digit more snow this week.  Yick!  I can't believe we're getting so much.  It hasn't been this bad in a long, long time.     

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2011, 09:59:32 am »
Aw Betty, snow isn't just for Christmas!!! Don't know about you, but listening to a bit of Dean Martin always makes me feel better. :) And OMG doesn't Deano look like our Tim Horn? They could be father/son or brothers. I'm going to have to tease him about that! And on the subject of Deano and looks, how young does Jerry Lewis look in this clip? Damn, I'm on a roll now. I always thought Deano was the best crooner of the Rat Pack.

Queen, I gave you a bunch of links a while back (when you first moved into your flat) on places who help people get services and also places that specialise in aids for the hearing impaired - such as lights to alert you when someone is ringing your doorbell. I don't remember the date when you moved, but you should be able to easily find my post since you do know the date.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline netta

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2011, 11:45:30 am »
HAPPY NEW YEAR AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO QUEEN !!!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2011, 05:30:59 am »
Aw Betty, snow isn't just for Christmas!!! Don't know about you, but listening to a bit of Dean Martin always makes me feel better.

Ann, it's still snowing this morning!  I had to shovel again, for the umpteenth time, because the other two tennants who live in these apartments are lazy fucks.  Only two times, since the beginning of winter, did the guy who lives in the back shovel, the lady who lives in the middle has never shoveled, and I've been doing it ever since.  Oh, my neighbor, when we got over 3 feet last week, snow-blowed a little for me, which was very, very sweet.  Sometimes my landlord shows up (after I shovel of course) to snowblow.  He has to, because here, if a property owner doesn't clear the sidewalk within 24 hours after snow, they get fined.  Crazy, since the city owns the sidewalks.  Anyway, so yeah, I've shoveled every day since last Saturday, and I'm getting pretty sick of it.  And it's still snowing this morning when I went out to shovel, and we're getting more throughout the day.  Can we please catch a break?! 

I'm going through a lot of shit with the school right now.  Confusion, stupidity, and I'm kinda screwed right now. It's really much too long to type out, but let's just say that as of right now, I'm totally withdrawn from classes, and I owe the school a shitload of money.  Ok, I wanted to drop one class, so I did, and e-mailed the registrar, who told me to check with financial aid, which I did, and the lady there told me I wouldn't owe anything.  So, I conveyed that back to the registrar, who told me my financial aid may be reduced, so to talk to financial aid again.  Which I did, and the lady there told me I would owe less if I stayed in the other class I was registered for, than if I were to withdraw completely.  I e-mailed this back to the registrar, who told me to double-check, because they may withdraw my aid completely.  So, again I called financial aid, and the lady there told me that yes, they were going to withdraw my aid completely, so if I were to stay in this other class, I would owe for that on top of the aid that has already been given, so to withdraw completely, which I did.  Well....a bit later, I got an e-mail from the registrar, who told me to stay in the class, because she had heard my aid would not be reduced.  I tried to add the class back on, and the site said the class is "closed."  I talked to one of the bosses in financial aid yesterday evening, and she apologized, and said she didn't understand why I was told to withdraw completely, because everyone has the same information regarding financial aid, and withdrawing from classes.  So, she told me I was going to owe a big bill to the university, unless I could get the professor to allow me into this class.  The class is tonight.  A classmate of mine told me to show up, and see if he (professor) would let me in.  If he does, I will have to take proof of this to financial aid, and the registrar, in order to re-instate the financial aid.  This is so maddening.  I wish everyone at the damn place was on the same page.  I'm undecided as to whether I'm going to chance being let back in. And if it continues to snow, I may not be able to get to class, so that would be the end of that  The only thing I wanted to do was to withdraw from one class, because it's just too much, to try to work full-time, and go to school full-time.  Whatever happens, happens I guess.  I'll have to make a payment arrangement with the university if it doesn't work out that I can take the class.    I was very upset yesterday evening.  Today I'm just very, very disheartened.  Shit anyway. >:(

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2011, 04:27:07 pm »
Betty: I hope you can make it to school tonight. I agree that one class is more manageable than two with full-time work AND SHOVELING!! Yes, the school folk should be a little embarrassed that they don't know their key financial data a tad better. (but they're not, rest assured) What if the class is cancelled? Any chance of that? Can you e-mail him? And, if so, then use his response as affirmation of his accepting you into class?   Em

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2011, 05:45:22 am »
Thanks, Em.  I e-mailed the prof, and he e-mailed me back, and said it was fine with him for me to join the class.  So, I forwarded the e-mail to the registrar, bursar, and financial aid.  When I did that, the registrar e-mailed me back, and told me she would need to see the response from the professor.  She apparently didn't see it, because it was in such small type.  I called her, and guided her through the e-mail, so she could see it.  I had also forwarded my e-mails with the bursar to the chancellor, so she could see I was getting conflicting information.  I really don't think that did much of anything, but I wanted her to know that the staff at the university was giving out wrong information to people.  So, everything is everything.

We've only gotten pretty light snow in the last few days, nothing like last weekend.  I'm so ready for spring!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2011, 08:17:26 am »
That's great news, Betty! I can uncross my fingers, toes, arms, legs, eyes.... I'm so glad this worked out for you.

I can only imagine what would have happened to someone who is less used to navigating the system or too unsure of themselves to speak up. I'm glad you got the kahonies to look out for yourself. Well done!

And by the way, I could have sworn I replied to this thread to wish you well, but I don't see my post. That's what I get for waking up in the middle of the night for a piddle and deciding to check the forum while I'm up. ::) Sorry!

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2011, 08:45:21 am »
You're welcome and it is great news, Betty. Now, you can relax a bit and focus on your new schedule at work and school. I hope it starts a conversation among the school administrators so they are all on the same information page for the next person.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.