Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:48:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 614
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 601
Total: 601

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Why my CD4 count is now lower and percentage is higher?  (Read 3089 times)

Offline lylanova

Why my CD4 count is now lower and percentage is higher?
« on: July 20, 2010, 04:22:19 pm »
Dear all,
bad news from the last labs. My viral load is now preatty close to be undetactable (35 copies), but my CD4 are now the lowest they have ever been. I am a littla bit afraid for this... my Doctor said I don't have to worry but it's like sand in the eyes, impossible not to worry... also because when I started the HAART I had more cd4 than now... and I don't undersand what has happened, seen that on the previous labs, after one month of HAART I had increased them.
Also... can you explain how it is possible that CD4 is lower than before, and CD4 percentage is now the higher than ever?????

I really don't understand... and I am a little bit upset.

Thanks for the understanding.

Lyla
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 04:34:17 pm by lylanova »
"And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am "
Iris, Goo Goo Dolls

Diagnosed 02/2010- prob. seroconversion Feb 2007
02/2010 CD4 416 (16%) VL 52.416
03/2010 CD4 362 (16%) VL 102.530
04/2010 CD4 425 (17%) VL 91.245 started Kaletra+Truvada
05/2010 CD4 547 (17.5%) VL 883
07/2010 CD4 335 (18%)    VL 35
09/2010 CD4 646 (??%) VL undetactable !!! yesss

Offline BlueMoon

• Calling from the Fun House
Re: Why my CD4 count is now lower and percentage is higher?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 05:23:18 pm »
That's actually a good result.  At my lab any viral load below 48 is undetectable.

CD4 count tends to fluctuate, and what matters is the trend over time.  Also the change in CD4% is insignificant.  Basically your immune system is probably holding steady and happy to be on meds. 

Just keep at it, take your pills on time and try to eat and sleep healthy, and you'll be ok.
It's a complex world

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 05:46:35 pm »
lylanova,  Have you recently had a cold, vaccination, or maybe some other minor thing that your body may be fighting?  I understand that CD4 count can vary throughout a single day.  I see the drop for you was over 200 so I can understand your concern.  Try to take your doctor's advice on this one and if possible not worry too much.  I would expect that your next test(s) will show numbers back up there where they were prior to this test. 

Offline lylanova

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 06:03:46 pm »
hi guys!
thanks a million for your replies.

BlueMoon, you wrote the same things my Doctor wrote me! But it's difficult to "just accept it"... maybe it's because I'm preatty newly diagnosed (only last feb) and maybe still too worried... but there's something that I cannot figure on these results...

Hope_for_a_cure  you hit it on the nail! The thing is that I was perfectly on health those days... I had 5 days of vacation and was so relaxed... who know what happened!
Gotta wait until the begin of October to have my next labs... and I will be a little be paranoid in waiting....

I know you guys can understanhd me.

Anyway thanks a lot for caring.

A big big hug

Lyla
"And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am "
Iris, Goo Goo Dolls

Diagnosed 02/2010- prob. seroconversion Feb 2007
02/2010 CD4 416 (16%) VL 52.416
03/2010 CD4 362 (16%) VL 102.530
04/2010 CD4 425 (17%) VL 91.245 started Kaletra+Truvada
05/2010 CD4 547 (17.5%) VL 883
07/2010 CD4 335 (18%)    VL 35
09/2010 CD4 646 (??%) VL undetactable !!! yesss

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.