Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:54:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 235
Total: 236

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: A long strange trip that I just found out about  (Read 6703 times)

Offline sugarmagnolia

A long strange trip that I just found out about
« on: November 03, 2008, 07:07:14 pm »
hey now,

Gee, I not only found out that i was poz in June but also full blown w/ a CD4 of 192 woohoo that's exciting. my first reaction upon hearing the poz result was to ask the doctor to sign off on the service dog forms for my pooch. here is SF service dogs can go Anywhere and I always wanted an excuse to convery my pooch. OK. That was the fun part. Since then, it has indeed been a roller coaster ride, a lousy shrink, fear, oops premature disclosure..and of course the thrill of abject poverty.
After a recent physical and mental hell week I decided to emotionally divorced myself from relying on the "system" to keep me alive and thriving. Sure, I had my wellness up and downs over the years but I was always quick to run to the juicer and the chill zone to better myself. What that did was mask my symptoms until I was literally killing myself. It was a peaky bout of pneumonia that all of the golden seal in the world couldn't cure that finally drove me to the doc.
The math looks like I've been infected for at least 23 years..yes I'm on meds and the viral load in finally undetectable
as is any $$ from the freakin' Social security admin

where is a good place (besides this website) to search for a research org that would be interested in my situation?

thanks,

Sugar

Offline sugarmagnolia

Re: A long strange trip that I just found out about
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 07:08:07 pm »
I meant a CD4 of 72

Offline HereIAm

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 07:56:39 pm »
Dear Sugar:

Welcome to the forums.  I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  I had a very similar experience, though, my CD4 was a little lower than yours.

I do not know the answer to your question about research.  Perhaps others here do. Perhaps the physicians where you are will.  But, I simply wanted to say welcome and that there is solidarity here.

Regards,
Here!
Tested Positive 10 Sept 2008.
24 Sept 2008:  CD 4: 23;   1%;  VL: 770,709
1st Oct 2008:  Started Atripla
4 Dec 2008:  CD 4: 145; 8%, VL: 209
1 March 2009:  CD 4: 91; 8%, VL: 49 (undet)
1 June 2009:  CD 4: 164; 11%, VL: 61
8 July 2011:  CD 4: 286; 17%, VL Undet
28 Oct 2011: CD 4: 346; 21%, VL Undet
2 Mar 2012: CD 4: 316; 20%, VL 6800 (probably an error)
12 Apr 2012: CD 4: 333; 21%, VL Undet

Offline mewithu

• mewithu
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 08:22:01 pm »
You need to fast as you can go to an Aids Service Orginaztion. GO on the search and put aso then when zipcode  put your zip code in your area, and you should find that going to one of them will help.
1997 is when I found out, being deathly ill. I had to go to the hospital due to extreme headache and fever. I fell coma like,  two months later weighing 95 pounds and in extreme pain and awoke to knowledge of Pancreatis, Cryptococcal Meningitis, Thrush,Severe Diarea,  Wasting, PCP pneumonia. No eating, only through tpn. Very sick, I was lucky I had good insurance with the company I worked for. I was in the hospital for three months that time. 
(2010 Now doing OK cd4=210  VL= < 75)
I have become resistant to many nukes and non nukes, Now on Reyataz, , Combivir. Working well for me not too many side effects.  I have the wasting syndrome, Fatigue  . Hard to deal with but believe it or not I have been through worse. Three Pulmonary Embolism's in my life. 2012 520 t's <20 V load

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 09:35:16 am »
hey now,

Gee, I not only found out that i was poz in June but also full blown w/ a CD4 of 192 woohoo that's exciting. my first reaction upon hearing the poz result was to ask the doctor to sign off on the service dog forms for my pooch. here is SF service dogs can go Anywhere and I always wanted an excuse to convery my pooch. OK. That was the fun part. Since then, it has indeed been a roller coaster ride, a lousy shrink, fear, oops premature disclosure..and of course the thrill of abject poverty.
After a recent physical and mental hell week I decided to emotionally divorced myself from relying on the "system" to keep me alive and thriving. Sure, I had my wellness up and downs over the years but I was always quick to run to the juicer and the chill zone to better myself. What that did was mask my symptoms until I was literally killing myself. It was a peaky bout of pneumonia that all of the golden seal in the world couldn't cure that finally drove me to the doc.
The math looks like I've been infected for at least 23 years..yes I'm on meds and the viral load in finally undetectable
as is any $$ from the freakin' Social security admin

where is a good place (besides this website) to search for a research org that would be interested in my situation?

thanks,

Sugar

The math? What about the math. There is no way to know how long anyone has been infected. You can guess but there is no math. As for a woohoo? I don't get it. Are you happy to be HIV positive?

Offline ArisGreekSquared

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 04:33:53 pm »
I'm sure the "whoo hoo" was a sarcastic remark, Rapid...

Offline sugarmagnolia

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 03:24:15 pm »
woohoo...indeed sarcastic, but quite heartfelt with regards to the election of Obama..makes the idea of running away to Amsterdam a tad less appealing

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.