Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:06:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772953
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 456
Total: 457

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: new lesion  (Read 27763 times)

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: new lesion
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2007, 05:50:09 pm »
You also discovered one more reason to schedule a dermatologist visit!!!!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2007, 06:11:45 pm »
I hope that HAART will keep this crap under control if it turns out I am poz.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2007, 06:15:09 pm »
You won't be getting HAART. You are conclusively negative. END OF STORY. See a dermatologist for your leasions.

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2007, 06:18:38 pm »
I really hope so. but I will soon find out.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2007, 06:23:09 pm »
Do you honestly think persons go on meds as soon as the are given a positive result, which you don't have? I went 21 years without medications. You won't be put on meds even if you were just infected which you weren't.

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2007, 06:37:39 pm »
but if this is KS then I will need the meds to keep it down, right?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2007, 06:40:12 pm »
You will not be given HAART if your VL and CD4 don't warrant it.

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2007, 06:42:11 pm »
I've read that HAART is used if the cd4 drops below 200, or there is an OI. which KS is definitly one. That would suck for me, then I would have an AIDS diagnosis.

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2007, 06:43:34 pm »
Rod, do you know any people that have had success with KS with HAART? or is chemo the better option?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2007, 06:44:34 pm »
No your statement is not correct. You gave info on AIDs, not when to start meds. Read the lessons and you would have known.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2007, 06:46:15 pm »
They use a tropical acid, they burn them off, they freeze them and some are surgically removed.

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2007, 06:49:34 pm »
But do you know anybody that HAD KS. like HAART made it go away?

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2007, 07:37:51 pm »
Rod, do you know anybody that has had success in treating KS with HAART alone?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2007, 07:42:44 pm »
No and some of the KS posters here were on haart at the time, but still had to do the creams, freezing or surgery.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2007, 08:03:20 pm »
Dermatologist time.
RIDE!!!

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2007, 08:19:46 pm »
im for sure that this is KS and I am prepared for the poz results that I will likely recieve. I just hope that the medication will help clear it.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2007, 08:22:08 pm »
You don't know nothing and if you really wanted to know, you would have went to a dermatologist. Don't post anymore until you receive your results.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2007, 10:26:13 am »
RIDE!!!

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2007, 05:33:58 pm »
Whew!!! what a rollercoaster ride. I finially recieved my results.

HIV RNA PCR " Not Detected"
Absolute cd4 497 at 32 %

Thanks for the replies everybody.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2007, 05:36:03 pm »
Amazing!!!  No more what if's and second guessing ok.  As we said you are conclusively negative!!!!
RIDE!!!

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2007, 05:40:00 pm »
God bless everyone on this site for their time and understanding. May you all have a prosperous 2007. Take care everyone!!! Bye.

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2007, 05:35:40 pm »
Hey, I have a quick question. my viral load pcr came back with a number value less than 400 copies ml. The doctor says thats a negative. If it was negative, wouldnt it be a zero??

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2007, 06:33:29 pm »
Did your doctor tell you that you were negative? Well guess what? YOU ARE NEGATIVE.

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2007, 06:29:39 pm »
Hey all. I just sent in a home access test today. The reason being is that my ex that i was recently with is having all the same symptoms as I did. her skin is peeling off on the inside of her mouth, I noticed a red spot on the side of her nose and a couple behind her ear. She also showed me a papular rash on her leg. Yesterday we talked on the phone and she said that she thinks she is coming down with strep throat, and that her muscles are aching really bad. I hope to god that I didnt cause this to her. I love her deeply, and I could handle the fact of having it myself, but would never want to give it to her. I assume that I dont have it with a neg pcr at week 6, and neg home access at week 13. Then i had a rna pcr done with less than 400 copies a ml, which my doc says that its a negative test. I sure hope so!! So this home access test will be at the 17 week mark. I hope to god that its not what I suspect. Do these sound like typical symptoms?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2007, 06:38:51 pm »
NO, and if you keep up the questions you're looking to get yourself a time out.

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2007, 06:38:14 am »
Hey, I have a quick question. my viral load pcr came back with a number value less than 400 copies ml. The doctor says thats a negative. If it was negative, wouldnt it be a zero??
400 is the lowest limit the test can detect, so you will be <400 since you are negative--they won't just say zero. 

As for your other post, as you've been told before--follow up with your doctor--this is not an HIV concern.  Put it to rest.  You don't have HIV, but it could be something else.
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2007, 09:59:35 am »
Please tell me you've contacted a dermatologist!!!  Put the ex on here and maybe we can talk her into telling you to go see a dermatologist!

Go see a DOCTOR!
RIDE!!!

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2007, 09:17:13 pm »
If I had the hiv virus, the rna pcr would be at a much higher value than < 400 at the 3.5 month mark???

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2007, 09:24:23 pm »
I would feel so ashamed if I gave it to her. She is the most precious woman on this planet. I would definitly ensure that she was taken care of before myself, without a doubt. I have also noticed that i have moscullum cont. This is just driving me insane, all of these symptoms corelate to the hiv virus. I had a negative home access at the 13 week mark, and my doc said the rna pcr is neg, but I still am losing sleep of the fact that i could of passed it on to her. damn, i hope not. as i said, i did a home access at the 17 week mark, lets see what this one says.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2007, 09:36:31 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2007, 09:47:12 pm »
I just called the home access, they suprisingly had my results. it was negative at the 17 week mark. 4 months down, 2 to go. i hope that im not one of the rare cases that takes 6 months. will reply next month with results. damn 6 month window.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2007, 10:02:41 pm »
You don't have a 6 month window and never did. I'll be honest with you I hope you get banned from this forum.

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2007, 10:11:30 pm »
Wishful thinking. Anyhow, I will post at 6 month. And I will be honest with you Rod. I hope life will offer you happiness and prosperity. Best wishes. Bye

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2007, 09:43:21 am »
There is no 6 month window.  To the worried's that read this, THERE IS NO 6 MONTH WINDOW!  It is 13 weeks.  This individual is conclusively negative but like many fails to believe it for whatever reasons are in his head.  Not listening to science will elevate your stress and is detrimental to your overall health.

You can test from now till 2009 and as long as you dont have any risks you will continue to test negative over this event!!!!! 

MOVE ON.  You dont need to repost here in 2 months we can tell you now what the results are going to be.  NEGATIVE!!!!!
RIDE!!!

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2007, 03:44:07 pm »
You know, this 6 month window is really buggin the crap outta me. I had a rash on my right leg that was brown blotches, then a blood bubble on my left leg, blood bubble on my back, skin peeling on the inside of my cheeks. All of this really worries me. my lymph nodes were sore as heck all day yesterday. I realize that I tested hiv antibody neg at the 4 month line, but this stuff doesnt make sence to me. All over the web they talk about a 6 month window period. If I had hiv would my rna pcr test be greater than 400 copies a ml? It came back with less than 400 at the 3.5 month mark. How many people take 6 months to become antibody positive?

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2007, 03:50:10 pm »

I am not trying to be funny but that sounds like leprosy not HIV.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2007, 04:06:14 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline possiblypoz

« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2007, 04:20:45 pm »
-Rash
- Weight loss
- KS looking lesions
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Unusual blemishes in mouth
-Blurred vision
-Dry cough

HELP!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2007, 04:27:22 pm »
Possibly,

You are hiv negative, period, end of story. Instead of chasing something you don't have, I'm going to give you a four week time out to encourage you to take yourself and your lesions to the doctor, to find out what is really going on.

Do NOT create another account to get around your time out. If you do, you will be permanently banned, no questions asked.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.