Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:52:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 226
Total: 228

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My husband does not know...  (Read 6455 times)

Offline idee

• Hi...
My husband does not know...
« on: July 10, 2013, 06:52:42 pm »
Yesterday this couple came over and were very rude. They came to look at our house to see if they wanted to buy it. The older man who was clearly whooped kept quiet while his wife criticized our home.
 I finally had enough when she asked me how can I live with a small dining room. First of all the dining room was the next room over and this is the breakfast nook, you dumb dingbat.
 My husband does not know this part... I told her to stop leaning on my couch and get some manners, it she did not like the house, the front door is that a way.
 She was shocked and walked out the door. Her husband humbly thanked us and followed her.
I was actually polite because it reminded me of how my mom treated my dad and plus these people were Chinese and I tried to respect their culture. But hey rude is way different from feng shui. And she needs to know I don't need crap like that from another woman especially!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 06:55:48 pm by idee »

Offline idee

• Hi...
Re: My husband does not know...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 06:54:57 pm »
We have some other groups coming to look at our house tonight so I don't really care if she makes an offer. I'd rather see the house go to someone who would love it the way we have.
Plus after her husband used our bathroom he left the seat up, we are a house mainly of women, what the hell?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 06:57:33 pm by idee »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 07:02:22 pm »
I don't get the men have to be the one to put the lid down rule or why women steadfastly refuse to even debate the issue . Its one of life's mysteries .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 07:16:02 pm »
I don't get the men have to be the one to put the lid down rule or why women steadfastly refuse to even debate the issue . Its one of life's mysteries .

Jeff dont poke at that Bees nest!! Women are rabid about their toilet seats.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 07:20:06 pm »

I've sold three houses I've owned and I agree, sometimes the prospective buyers can be quite rude.  You'll find this even more now that it's a buyers market.  People come in and if they see one thing they do not like they'll move on to the next house available.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 07:29:56 pm »

It's completely Misandrist

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 07:36:12 pm »

Bigger mystery is when you leave it up and they fall in at 2 am screaming your first, middle, and last name.....  hate when that happens.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 07:37:13 pm »
It's completely Misandrist

I don't think its a hatred of men as much as its a hatred of sitting in a skanky bowl of cold water ... which is the reason women should be the ones to make sure its down before they plop down .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Habersham

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 08:09:36 pm »
Two points

I always put the seat and the lid down. I have had golden retrievers who are lazy and will drink out of the toilet. Plus it looks better.

I used to work in real estate and we always suggested you went out when prospective buyers are coming to look It's the real estate agents job to show the house - not yours.  Plus you won't get insulted or squelch the deal.
Because I Can

Offline mitch777

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 08:12:54 pm »
I don't think its a hatred of men as much as its a hatred of sitting in a skanky bowl of cold water ... which is the reason women should be the ones to make sure its down before they plop down .
if this were so important to the ladies I suggest one of them invent a light up toilet seat. Kaching$$. :)
Hey! just looked it up. it's available!
http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/lighted-toilet-seat.html
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 08:18:13 pm by mitch777 »
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 08:20:02 pm »
and here is one for the guys. :)
http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20060924/panasonic-dl-gwn-lighted-toilet-seat/
and while we are kinda on the subject of toilet humor (sorry idee)...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 08:27:00 pm by mitch777 »
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 08:30:42 pm »
The reason to put the lid down is to flush. it helps contain the mist of bacteria that rises up from the flushing....

As for house-hunters being rude to a homeowner.  What's the point?? if the house isn't for her, she is free to go find another....  Complainers like that lady are just discontent with their lives.  She probably doesn't get good sex, either....  Poor pitiful thing....
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 09:28:07 pm »
The reason to put the lid down is to flush. it helps contain the mist of bacteria that rises up from the flushing....

The issue is not the lid, it is the seat.  My mother had four sons, no daughters.......  She NEVER fought the seat issue, she was happy if we all hit the inside of the bowl.  I did not know of this "issue" until I roomed with three women in college.  Seriously!!

M

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 09:44:33 pm »
The issue is not the lid, it is the seat.  My mother had four sons, no daughters.......  She NEVER fought the seat issue, she was happy if we all hit the inside of the bowl.  I did not know of this "issue" until I roomed with three women in college.  Seriously!!

M

You mean you're not supposed to hit the rim?

Offline oksikoko

• Writing the congressman again
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 07:26:38 pm »

As for house-hunters being rude to a homeowner.  What's the point?? if the house isn't for her, she is free to go find another....  Complainers like that lady are just discontent with their lives.  She probably doesn't get good sex, either....  Poor pitiful thing....

This this this this. You don't put the seat down to accommodate ladies. You put it down to keep shit and piss off your toothbrush and walls. Mecch is right. Flushing sends toilet mist all over the bathroom, and toilet mist carries traces of whatever you put in your toilet whether you can see it or not.

And you've got sex on the brain. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and some people are happy with once per year, missionary style.
Code: [Select]
2014-11-14: CD4 Wars Episode II: Return of the Stribild (released in Europe as Stribild II: Werewolf Bitch)
2014-11-06:                ☣ VL (→) 12,627      ☣ CD4 (→) 639
2014-??-??: off treatment  ☣ VL (?)              ☣ CD4 (?)
2013-10-03:                ☣ VL (=) undetectable ☣ CD4 (+) 1105
2013-05-23:                ☣ VL (=) undetectable ☣ CD4 (-) 945
2013-02-25:                ☣ VL (-) undetectable ☣ CD4 (+) 1123
2012-12-16: Enter Stribild
2012-11-20: HIV+           ☣ VL (→) 132,683      ☣ CD4 (→) 920
2012-04-01: HIV-
Dates in this signature file conform to ISO 8601. ;-)

If no one complains, nothing will ever change.

Offline weasel

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 08:23:28 pm »
We have some other groups coming to look at our house tonight so I don't really care if she makes an offer. I'd rather see the house go to someone who would love it the way we have.
Plus after her husband used our bathroom he left the seat up, we are a house mainly of women, what the hell?

We keep our  lids  down  ;)

The third bathroom has the assembly up as to used as fountain for the dog  ;D

Weasel

I even hate to fall in   :o
" Live and let Live "

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 09:52:43 pm »

If I admit to putting the seat and lid down what other ways can I portray myself as untrained and nasty?  I am letting my hair grow again.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 11:35:56 pm »
Maybe if possible, you shouldn't be there when the house is being shown. You're trying to sell your house, not make a new friend. You wouldn't care what she thinks if she offered you the asking price.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 01:04:04 am »
Trying to sell your home yourself can be very difficult.  You should try and remember that you are selling a house, even though it is also your home.  Folks are not coming to look at your home, they are looking at your house.  I've sold homes myself and the best thing to do, is to show them the home, highlight the good points and ignore any comments, or at least don't take them personally.

A house is the biggest investment most folks make, and complaining about what your house lacks is always part of the buying process.  Be as nice as you can and don't let them get under your skin.

Joe

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.