Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:14:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773210
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 528
Total: 530

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Staying Alive 2007: Quality in Action Conference...Anyone going?  (Read 2069 times)

Offline terpie82

This year's Staying Alive Conference will be held in Cleveland, Ohio from August 23-26. The conference is run by poz folks and aims to update, educate, and facilitate networking within our community (I feel like an ad for the Conference). Some presentation/discussion topics include updates on medical treatments, social concerns, discussions regarding patient confidentiality, among others. I participated in the Ryan White National Youth Conference --which is a program that is also part of the NAPWA organization- last year in Philly, and I have to say that it was an eye opening experience. I would really like to go and was curious if anyone else here is going. If so, please PM me because I would like to get a few people together and maybe help cut the hotel cost (it's $120/night/room) and the registration fee for the conference is $375 ($475 starting August 1st for late registration). There's also a scholarship application available if the the registration fee is too steep (I myself am applying for the scholarship). If I end up going, I'll definitely report back to everyone on the important highlights of the Conference. If you want to know more, please visit http://www.napwa.org/ and click on the Staying Alive 2007 banner to be directed to the Conference's webpage.
Diagnosed in 2003
UD since 2004 and >35%
Three-month treatment interruption for NIH study and back on Stribild 1/8/16

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: Staying Alive 2007: Quality in Action Conference...Anyone going?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 06:16:46 am »
Hello Minh,

Sounds like it could be a pretty informative conferance, for those able to attend. I hope you get some other folks that will join you. Good Luck !!

Keep us updated------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline terpie82

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 05:59:14 pm »
Just a quick update for those interested. Much to my surprise, I was awarded a scholarship to this year's Staying Alive Conference which takes place next week in Cleveland, OH -I actually told OzPaul while he was in the states that it didn't look like I was going. The scholarship covers airfare and housing, which is a great burden lifted off this grad student's shoulders. It's looking to be a great informative conference and I'll be sure to take notes and report back on my experience and anything new and exciting. Also, please let me know if anyone plans to be there.
XOXO,
Terpie
Diagnosed in 2003
UD since 2004 and >35%
Three-month treatment interruption for NIH study and back on Stribild 1/8/16

Offline Jody

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 08:39:57 pm »
Dear Terpie...You are such a bright, energetic young man and I know you will have a great deal to offer the conference in Cleveland...Take care and be well.

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.