Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:17:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773265
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 311
Total: 313

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Please Help Me.  (Read 11272 times)

Offline needurhelp

Please Help Me.
« on: September 09, 2011, 12:54:12 pm »
Sir/madam,Im a 22 year old guy and Im bisexually oriented.
In jan 2010,I had receptive anal sex,though I remember that I myself put condoms on my partner’s penis,im not sure if it was intact through out because he went out of the room a few times and the lights were off.There was even trauma to my anal mucosa and it started bleeding.After around 10days I came down with rashes all over my body  and severe body pain and very low fever.A blood count taken at that time showed low WBC count and high lymphocyte count.After that I had diarrhoea  for almost 3-4 months.And after aroun 15-16 weeks I started experiencing burning sensation in my feet and hands.I went to a Doctor,he ordered for my B12 levels to be checked and there was severe deficiency,so I was given B12 shots and supplements and the symptoms improved.
Testing-The guy with whom I had sex with tested negative after 10days using ELISA and after 10 weeks using Tridot(a rapid antibody test used in India).
I got tested using elisa at 6,10,23 weeks,it was negative all the time and using rapid tests at 7,8,9,11,12,14,17,21,24,26 weeks it was negative always.So I even crossed my window period of 6 months.
I did another mistake in August 2010,had unprotected oral sex with 2 guys,I was the receiver both the times(their HIV status unknown) and had unprotected insertive anal sex for less than a minute,with another guy,he shouted at me,so I put on condoms and continued.

The very next day me and this guy went and got test for both HIV and HepB,both was negative for both of us .
But after 10 days I ended uo with very high fever and follicular tonsillitis,I was given antibiotics and the sore throat and fever subsided.
Again I got tested at 3,6,8,10,11,14 weeks using different antibody tests and it was negative all the time,I crossed the window period also.
But dude to my anxiety I got tested again at 5,8,11 months using antibody tests and was negative again.
I also had a Qualitative DNA PCR for HIV-1 at 13 months post exposure and it was negative.
So my last antibody test was 11 months post 2nd exposure and 17 months post 1st exposure.
PCR was negative 13 months post 2nd exposure and 19 months post 1st exposure.
But PLEASE have a look at my symptoms
1.)Fungal infections in my groin area and also my back.

2.)Molloscum contagiosum infection first on my back,doc removed it by cautery but it appeared widespread on my face,doc did cautery n removed it but it came back again.On my face it’s widespread.(I read that it is usually seen in people with poor immunity)
3.)Vitamin b12 deficiency,though im a Non-Vegetatrian.
4.)WBC count always in the range 0f 4400-5400(I know its normal but its on the lower side)
5.)A persistent white tongue.
6.)Peripheral neuropathy confirmed by a neurologist,though it improved very much after taking b12 supplements.
7.)Infrequent cough and post nasal drip.
Im clueless about what to do,I know my hiv tests are conclusive but what about the symptoms?Please don’t say it’s because of anxiety because anxiety can’t cause molloscum and fungal infections and it can not cause b12 defciency,low WBC counts.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Please Help Me.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 01:34:43 pm »
Please,

You are conclusively hiv negative. You do not have hiv.

You need to talk to your doctor about your symptoms. Whatever is causing them has nothing to do with hiv as you do NOT have hiv.

This website only deals with hiv. Speak to your doctor.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 01:46:19 pm »
Thanks a lot for the reply.

The molloscum infection is getting worse day by day,it spread to almost the entire shaving area of my face.
I keep reading everywhere that it's a sign of low immunity.

Before all these exposures,i had no health problems,i always fit.

These 1 and a half years had been the worst period in my life.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 02:10:34 pm »
Molluscum is not a by-product of "not being fit." It is a VERY contagious pathogen that anyone can get.  Seeing a dermatologist might help.

You have tested conclusively negative for HIV. You do NOT have HIV.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 02:19:16 pm »
What about the low WBC count,my count has always been in the range of 4400-5400.
I don't know what was the count before the exposures because i never bothered to get a blood count done.
Also lymphocyte count has always been on the higher side and neutrophils on the lower end.
Even reactive lymphocytes were present in my blood smear.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 02:28:47 pm »
My WBC count was pretty good when my viral load was three million and I had twelve Cd4 cells.

WBC is absolutely no indicator of HIV status. Neother is the other blood work you mentioned. You seem to be seeing this through an HIV blinder.

HIV cannot be impacting your system without the presence of antigens or antibodies. It's not scientifically possible.

And you have tested HIV negative to a certainty.

Therefore, whatever is going on with you, if indeed there is a medical situation at all, can not be HIV. Period.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 07:26:32 am »
Even my facial is getting blonde in color,its originaly black because i am an Indian by race.

Im really depressed,cant get this thought out of my mind.

Please help me,what else test I should undergo?

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 07:27:49 am »
sry I meant to say facial hair-beard.

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 01:13:51 pm »
I almost end up crying when I see the molloscum rash on my face,its wide spread.

Dont know what to do.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 01:26:05 pm »
Please,

You are conclusively hiv negative. You do not have hiv.

You need to talk to your doctor about your symptoms. Whatever is causing them has nothing to do with hiv as you do NOT have hiv.

This website only deals with hiv. Speak to your doctor.

Ann

Molluscum is not a by-product of "not being fit." It is a VERY contagious pathogen that anyone can get.  Seeing a dermatologist might help.

You have tested conclusively negative for HIV. You do NOT have HIV.

Please,

You've been repeatedly advised.  See your doctor for this matter.  This is not related to HIV and it will not be addressed by this forum.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 01:31:29 pm »
dermatologist,treated it once but it came back again.

could I be a rare case wer im not showing up on standard tests?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 03:14:24 pm »
No.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 04:56:46 pm »
People without HIV get molluscum contagiosum all the time. It is in no way an HIV specific event.

In order for you to have an immune system impaired by HIV you would have to test positive for the antibodies. There are NO forms of HIV that do not inspire the host to produce antibodies.

You do not, can not have HIV. Period.

Welcome Thread

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 12:36:12 am »
My tongue is getting whiter day by day and im experiencing tremors in my hands.
Do u suggest a CD4 count analysis?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 01:35:01 am »
No I suggest you talk to a professional about your irrational fear.

You do not have HIV.

Welcome Thread

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 10:35:59 am »
What else coulde be the problem behind all these?

I keep getting hand tremors always,I was completely fit before all these exposures.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 10:41:10 am »
See your doctor if you are concerned. You don't have HIV.

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 10:43:55 am »
Doc r clueless,I guess im scared i would be one of the rarest of the rare cases.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 10:50:49 am »
Need,

You do NOT have hiv! If you feel unwell, see a doctor. Nobody can diagnose you over the internet.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 11:32:41 am »
Im just telling my problems,y ur considering me to be over posting?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 11:51:46 am »
need,

Yes, you are over-posting. You don't have hiv and we've told you that nine times already. It's time for you to get a grip and accept that you are hiv negative.

This is a forum to ask about hiv transmission and testing, it's not a place to tell us your list of symptoms. That's what doctors are for.

I'm giving you that time out I warned you about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2011, 02:05:27 pm »
I have been sick since a month.
First had a very bad sore throat with high grade fever and sweats,couldn't do my day to day activities also,was very tired always.
Doctor gave me antibiotics and paracetamol,fever was high grade and lasted for around 10days.Got tested for malaria and typhoid both were negative,blood counts were normal too.
After sore throat had running nose for around 10 days.
Now keep getting low grade fevers especially in the night time and some times night sweats also.
All through the month had dry cough,which is still present,a chest xray of mine was taken and it was normal.
Totally clueless of what's going on with my body.
Got another Elisa test done this month,it was negative.

Feel tired always,cant even run or walk for a long distance.
Feeling sick of being sick.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 03:04:15 pm »
There is nothing more we can do for you on this site. HIV is our sole focus here  and despite your fears and insistence to the contrary, HIV is not your problem.

You are HIV negative. Consult your doctor to find the real cause of your symptoms.
Andy Velez

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 07:32:57 pm »
Doc r clueless,I guess im scared i would be one of the rarest of the rare cases.

Well, think of it this way. If you DO manage to be the first every documented case of acquiring HIV through this method, then either YOUR body contains elements that may hold the clues to curing HIV, or the virus itself is evolving ito a contagious disease, rather than an infectious one.

Either way, you would be the subject of profound scientific scrutiny, and yoru healthcare would likely be free.

^edited for typos

Welcome Thread

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2011, 09:26:16 pm »
Im totally depressed,dont know what to do.

tired of being sick,I want to get my life back.

I was completely fit before these exposures.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2011, 11:06:14 pm »
Im totally depressed,dont know what to do.

tired of being sick,I want to get my life back.

I was completely fit before these exposures.

I suggest that it is your anxieties that are a far more likely cause of these physical problems, along with the irrational notion that HIV is somehow a punishment for carnal pleasure.

I concur with Andy in that this site has exhausted it's usefulness to you.

Welcome Thread

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2011, 11:34:50 pm »
How can anxiety cause molloscum infection,dermatophytosis,b12 deficiency and a sore throat not responding to antibiotics?

A throat swab was taken for my sore throat,it came as resistant to ampicillin.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2011, 11:48:05 pm »
Resistant to ampicillin? Never heard of that test from a throat swab. Do you perhaps mean negative for strep?

Molluscum is a contagious infection, does not ever require penetrative sex to transmit, only skin to skin contact. Have you not been told that enough?

And yes, anxiety can cause vitamin deficiencies. Not directly of course, but through bad sleeping patterns and bad nutrition, which can be linked to stress.

Nothing you post is at all an HIV condition. I am puzzled as to how that is a difficult concept to convey.

Regardless, as you have decided to become combative, I excuse myself from this discussion, with the exception of making certain that moderators are made aware of this continued posting regarding no-risk situations, as detained in the rules prominently posted on this forum.

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2011, 07:28:42 am »
Need,

You do not have hiv. Go see your doctor to get to the bottom of your problems. Whatever is causing them is NOT hiv. You could be missing something important through your focus on a virus you could not possibly have.

I'm giving you a second time out and this one will last for 56 days. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2011, 02:14:57 pm »
The molloscum is getting worse day by day,I went to another dermatologist for treatment.
She asked me if I had any immune supression diseases or if I had any unprotected sexual exposures.I said no.
She scared me by saying that it's seen only in immune supressed people.
I also had folliculitis on my scalp.
Life is getting worse day by day.
Dont know what to do,getting scared to get another hiv test.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2011, 03:30:45 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2011, 08:00:12 pm »
Im telling my problems,not over posting please understand.

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2011, 11:36:33 pm »
I got a complete blood count done,my wbc count is only 4300,its on the lower sude(normal4000-1000).
These results keep depressing me always,dont know what to do.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2011, 05:51:47 am »
Need,

Maybe you need to go to a doctor to find out if you have some other cause of immune suppression. Whatever is going on, it has nothing to do with hiv. You have more than ruled hiv out of the picture.

You do NOT have hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2011, 08:19:15 am »
Other tests like ANA profile,CRP,Hep-A,B,C were also done all were negative.
I was completely healthy before all these encounters,started falling sick only after it,that's why im worried.
I have no heriditery diseases either.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2011, 08:24:55 am »
Whether you can believe it or not, HIV is not the issue. You need to continue to work with your doctor(s) to find out the real cause of your problem.

If you cotinue to return here when we know the problem is not HIV, you are going to find yourself being banned permanently from the site. You might also see a therapist or other professional to discuss the problem and get some support with the emotional aspects of whatever is going on.

There is notthing more we can do for you in this setting.
Andy Velez

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2011, 08:43:50 am »
I dont mind seeing a therapist but that solve my physical problems rite?

and telling to doctors about my exposures is not very easy,considering the stigma attached to hiv n homosexuality in India.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2011, 09:06:29 am »
While I appreciate the difficulties in addressing such issues in India, what's the alternative? To continue to live with problematic symptoms and fearing/insisting it's about HIV when nothing you are reporting supports that?

I wish there was more we could do for you here but there isn't. We are HIV-focused here and that is not your problem.
Andy Velez

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2011, 02:36:27 pm »
Thanks a lot for ur kind reply

Im worried mainly about these skin infections and low wbc counts.
Occasionaly now a days I keep getting chest pain also,dont know why.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2011, 02:40:13 pm »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2011, 02:44:30 pm »
Im telling my problems,please dont consider me to be over posting.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2011, 02:49:18 pm »
You don't have an HIV concern, now move along.

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2011, 04:58:13 pm »
I keep getting chest pain always and feel tired always.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2011, 05:06:02 pm »
See your doctor, you do not have an HIV concern.

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2011, 06:18:54 pm »
doctors are clueless,dont know what to do.

Offline needurhelp

« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2011, 05:49:23 am »
What do I do?
totally clueless.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2011, 12:03:24 pm »
Need,

We've done all we can for you. This is a website that focuses on hiv and you do NOT have hiv.

Keep working with your doctors to find out what, if anything, is wrong with you. Whatever that may be, it is NOT hiv.

Some of your symptoms - the chest pains, for example - can be caused by stress. Get a referral to a mental health professional. We cannot help you with that here.

I'm giving you your third and final Time Out. This one is permanent. Don't bother trying for a new account as it will be rejected and/or banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.