Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:32:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773293
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 688
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 626
Total: 626

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: getting my results tomm.  (Read 5071 times)

Offline skyhope

getting my results tomm.
« on: March 16, 2009, 11:36:57 am »
hey everyone im a female 22 yrs i just got tested this morning for hiv, something i was avoiding for the last couple months of my life, i have made alot of mistakes , and put myself in high risk situations such as unprotected sex with men, but this websit poz, has helped me educated myslef alot about the virus. thank you rapid rod, andy, and ann you guys are awsome provide excellent information for people like myself whom are concered but dont know thier status yet. i will know mine in two weeks on the 30th of march. regardless what the outcome is i have gained alot of strength and hope as a whole. and i would like to tell everyine out there who is concerned about thier status due to high risk behavior to go out AND GET TESTED ! AND WEAR CONDOMS ALWAYS ....and not to worry becuase as i have learned hiv is a treatable virus and if detected early an individual has a great chance of living a healthy life. so thanks again guys God bless and i will disclose my results two weeks from now  :)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: just got tested this morning
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 12:49:38 pm »
Sky, you've done the smartest thing by gathering your courage and getting tested. Whatever the result you will be in the best position going forward to take good care of your health.

Hopefully you will test negative. Fingers crossed for you. And it's very good to read that you now have a better sense of how to protect your health in the future. Specifically with regard to intercourse it means that any guy you're with has to be wearing a condom. No exceptions.

Good luck. We'll be waiting to hear your test result. Meantime stay productively busy and the waiting time will pass much more easily.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline skyhope

getting my results tomm.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 01:23:47 pm »
 hey guys i posted on here about 2 weeks ago the same day i got tested at the health department ... if it wasn't for this site i wouldn't have had the courage to go on with it ...  the whole experience was nerve wrecking ... when the nurse was drawing my blood i felt something was not right however i know those are just nerves .... i am female 22 will be 23 soon i have trusted alot of guys and i want to kick myself in the ass every time that passes by... if i knew  all the stuff i know now i would have been so much more carefull. i have always been very healthy then again i know now that any "symptoms or lack of .." mean nothing concerning hiv status ..... anyways  as soon as i get home tomm i will let you guys know what my results are ... thanks to all the people on here Andy , RR, and Ann i know if i happen to be positive i will have a family here..... thanks guys whish me luck I'm very nervous =(

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: getting my results tomm.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 01:54:56 pm »
sky,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Good luck tomorrow. Let us know how it goes, in THIS thread. ;)

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline skyhope

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 03:02:10 pm »
hi ann sorry about that ... will do from now on and thanks!

Offline skyhope

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 08:49:53 am »
hey guys just came back from the health department i am NEGETIVE .... for hiv antibodies..... thanks to you all i have learned so much these past months and i will make sure my two sisters and brother, friends and family educate themselves alot more on hiv  . Thank you and God Bless

Ana  :)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 09:06:36 am »
That's great news about your negative result.

Protect your HIV negative status by always making certain that if you are having vaginal or anal intercourse your partner is wearing a condom. NO EXCEPTIONS! It doesn't matter how well you tink you know the person or how great he looks or anything else for that matter. A condom is a must everytime. That way you can be enjoying your sexuality and protecting yourself.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline skyhope

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 10:51:49 am »
hello to all i have a couple questions and concerns , i have been on this forum before not too long ago, anyways my question is this.

i have been in a mon-relationship for a year now , me and my boyfriend have had unprotected sex from the very begining of the relationship. i was tested for hiv a couple weeks ago and i am neg, i asked him and he said he has been tested every year his last test was 07 i met him apr last year. should i make him retest again? even though i am hiv- neg?

we havent had sex since my results , i just feel like i dont want to put myself at risk anymore even though i have many times in the past before i met him ... i know its silly since we have been having sex for a year now without protection .also .he also goes soft when he puts the condom on ...he says he cant "feel" anything

anyways sorry if this is a stupid question or concern i just want to make sure. should i make him test?  is there still a risk?.. even though i am neg
thanks!
ana

Offline skyhope

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 10:59:55 am »
rod sorry about that i couldnt find my post it didnt occur to me to look in the "show own post tab" i am sorry is there any way you can erase the other post ?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 12:34:18 pm »
Sky,

It's not unreasonable to require that your boyfriend tests again before you resume having unprotected intercourse.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

You may have gotten a negative result, but you must remember that it only reflects your actual hiv status six weeks to three months before testing. You need to count your window period from the last time you had unprotected intercourse with ANYONE whose hiv status you are not 100% sure of.

Ann
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 12:36:39 pm by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline skyhope

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 07:59:28 pm »
hey anne i took your adivce he got tested this morning for everything! i made him haha he wasnt a happy camper he hates needles oh well too bad! i want to be 100% .... untill we get the results no sex without a condom ! =)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 05:37:44 am »
Sky,

Well done! Good luck with the relationship, and remember what you've learned here if you go on to a new relationship in future.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline skyhope

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 09:36:28 pm »
Thank you miss Ann!!!!!!  :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.