Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:43:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 232
Total: 232

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I had my face done at Clinic Estetica in Tijuana  (Read 42810 times)

Offline allanq

I had my face done at Clinic Estetica in Tijuana
« on: September 23, 2006, 11:48:23 pm »
I've had four treatments with Sculptra, the last one a little over a year ago. However, the benefit of the Sculptra was wearing off, and my cheeks seemed to be getting more and more sunken.

After a lot of research, I decided to have my face filled with PMMA at the Clinic Estetica in Tijuana. I've followed reports by patients on the PozHealth forum, and I talked to two people who actually went down there. PMMA is a permanent filler. It doesn't degrade over time and require expensive "touch-ups." However, because it is permanent, it is important not to overfill and to have the treatment done by an experienced doctor. Although PMMA is approved in Europe, Mexico, and other countries, it is not yet FDA-approved in the U.S.

I took the plunge and had my first treatment on September 20th. I was very impressed by the Clinic and the people who work there. It is located in a modern medical building in a good area of Tijuana. The office was very clean, and every precaution was taken to avoid infection. I actually felt better there than at the San Francisco offices of the doctors who performed the Sculptra injections.

Dr. Casavantes is a Mexican-certified dermatologist who speaks perfect English (as do all the employees at the clinic). He spent half an hour telling me about the procedure before he started the treatment. On a scale of 1 to 5, he assessed my lipoatrophy as a level 3. He used 8 cc of PMMA, and the total cost came to $1,025. (The $25 was for anti-biotics and an anti-inflammatory drug to be taken for five days after the treatment.) In two months, I'll be returning for the second and final treatment.

The logistics of getting to and from the clinic were very easy. The clinic has a van that was waiting for me at the San Diego airport, and I was driven directly to a very nice hotel a few blocks from the clinic. I also was able to use the van for the trip back to the San Diego airport.

It's too early to tell what the results are. The body produces collagen which surrounds the micro-droplets of silicone, and it takes a few weeks to achieve the full effect. I'm a bit black and blue under the eyes, but that's been improving over the last 3 days.

I'll report back on the results in a few weeks.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 12:58:38 pm by allanq »

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
Re: Clinic Estetica in Tijuana
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 05:46:24 pm »
Thanks for the report. I'm glad you are happy with Clinic'Estetica and the results. Keep us updated.

Offline kentb

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 07:47:49 pm »
Allanq, thanks for taking the time to share your experience.  I wish you success with your second treatment as well.

regards,

kent

Offline Drew

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 12:10:42 am »
Allanq
Thank you for posting your experience with Clinic Estetica.  Because of you I decided to go head with the treatment.  I just have two questions.  What was your response to the questions you got from your fellow co-workers when you returned to work?  Did you also take time off before returning to work?
Thank you

Offline allanq

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 02:11:58 pm »
Drew,

I'm on disability, so I didn't have any co-workers asking nosy questions. I was pretty black and blue around my eyes, but that was mostly because Dr. Casavantes did some injections under the the eyes. After ten days, it is mostly healed. I hardly got any bruising in the cheeks, which was where most of the injections were done. If I were you, I would try to schedule the appointment on a Friday, so that you can have the weekend for any bruising to subside.

If people at work ask, you can always give a general answer like "I had a medical procedure done." If anyone is rude enough to press you for more information, I would just say that I don't wish to discuss it.

I told only a few very close friends that I was going to Tijuana to have my face filled. Most people have a lot of negative preconceptions about going to Mexico, especially Tijuana, for a medical treatment. They think you're going to some illicit place where the procedure will be done in some unsanitary back room. As I mentioned in my first post, the Clinic is spotless, the equipment is sterile, and the staff was uniformly helpful and professional.

Good luck. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask, either here or by PM.

Allan

Offline jazij1

• I have been + since 1987 & Im a pre-op Transsexual
    • my yahoo 360 profile page
Re: I had my face done at Clinic Estetica in Tijuana
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 12:48:49 am »
Hi I was wondering what is PMMA ?? is it slicone? cause a lot of us Transsexuals go to "Pump Parties" where u pay somebody to inject free floating silicone in ur face,butt and hips and its so dangerous but ive been concidering it for awhile I cant find any doctors here in Pittsburgh PA who do Sculptra I havent gone tha silicone route cause Im scared cause Im + how safe is tha proceedure u had done? being that ur +. Im tryin to find some solution to lypo cause what lil ass I do have left is dissapearing and I want an ass n hips Jlo and Beyonce would be jealous of.. LOL :)
I've spent half my life tryin to get rid of my dick and the rest of my life tryin to get my hands on one!

Peace!

Jazi :-)

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 01:19:37 am »
PMMA is a plastic that is used in joint replacements and contact lenses. It is ground into particles and then suspended in a solution. This solution is injected deep into the skin. As the solution is absorbed your body generates collagen around the particles to protect the skin, similar to the way an oyster creates a pearl to protect itself from a grain of sand. This forms filler that plumps the skin. Unlike Sculptra, PMMA is not absorbed and is therefore is permanent.

Offline allanq

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 01:20:20 am »
It's been three weeks and two days since I had the treatment with PMMA. The bruising I experienced around my eyes is now gone, and I can definitely see a rounder, fuller face when I look in the mirror. Since PMMA is permanent and cannot be removed, I had asked Dr. Casavantes to be very conservative in injecting the PMMA. I'll be returning to Tijuana for a second treatment in another month or so.

The initial estimate for the procedure had been $1500, so I brought a cashier's check for that amount to my first treatment. They injected less PMMA than they had initially planned on, and I was pleased to get a $500 refund in the mail about a week after I returned home.

I'm very happy with the results so far and have nothing but praise for Dr. Casavantes and the entire staff at the Clinic Estetica.

Allan

Offline allanq

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 01:43:53 pm »
I found out a few days ago that Dr. Casavantes is no longer with the Clinic Estetica. He has opened his own practice in Tijuana not far from the Clinic Estetica. His website is www.facialwasting.net
I imagine that the Clinic Estetica will continue to offer PMMA, but since I like Dr. Casavantes, I'll be going to his new practice for a second (and final) treatment in late November.

He charges $200 for the office visit, plus $80 per cc for the filler. He's very conservative in the amount that he injects, in order to minimize the risk of overfilling.

Allan

Offline Soolip

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 09:23:45 pm »
It's good you're happy with the treatment you received in Mexico. I wen't to your doctor's website, and I'm skeptical. Under "treatment options" he seems more concerned with discrediting all options OTHER than PMMA. While it's not unusual for doctors to champion specific treatments, this guy gives the impression that PMMA is the only solution for lipodistrophy without backing up his claims with actual scientific information -- only his opinions.

Personally, I'm leery of leaving the country to receive non-FDA-approved treatments for my FACE, even if it is dirt-cheap. Dude, I suffer from the same problem, and I wish you well. I just don't think it's worth risking my looks as they are by injecting a permanent, non-removable substance into my skin until it's proven safe -- especially 8ccs at once; that's a HUGE amount.

Offline jjmcm

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 10:21:15 am »
Hi Allan, I just wanted to reiterate what you said.  I have seen Dr. Casavantes for the last three years in regard to the lipoatrophy in my face caused by years of deterioration from Zerit and Videx.  At first they used BioAlcamid, but later switched to Precise (PMMA) because of the smoother results.

For those who are not knowledgable about the background of Dr. C., he has probably done more HIV facial wasting restorations that any other physician in North America.  He has a long list of satisfied customers and is the Dr. frequently called when patients are screwed up here in the U.S.  With the approval of Sculptra, this has meant fixing a lot of people that had procedures performed by greedy physicians with no background or experience in this type of work. 

For my money, I would prefer that someone have lots of experience with other patients before sticking needles in my face.  He simply has the knowledge, experience, and superior products to fulfill those needs.  For those of you who have had limited results with Sculptra or spent many a session in the chair, you know how having something that doesn't require constant refilling is a blessing.

Unlike the previous reply, I am not afraid to venture out in search of something that works well for my face.  The results have been extraordinary.  Dr. Casavantes has a wonderful chairside manner and explains everything in detail before he starts.  I will absolutely let no one else work on my face.

Therefore, I will follow him to his new clinic. 

Offline Soolip

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 11:43:06 pm »
I'm not talking about 3 years and no side-effects. Do we know what PMMA does in the body after 20 years? No.

Sounds to me like Dr. C. is using this board as a marketing tool.

Offline jjmcm

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2006, 10:41:36 am »
I don't know WHO you are, but this is a forum to discuss among other things different treatment options for those of us living with HIV.  Having lived with HIV for over 21 years, I think I qualify.

I certainly am not going to be chastised for relating my experiences from someone who obviously does not know what they are talking about.  My face was so sunken and gaunt that you could see the bones in my face and I looked like death.  FYI, 8cc is not a lot of material and I have had a total of over 35cc put in my face to bring it back to some level of normal.  I now am able to participate again in life in activities where people literally could not stop staring at me.  I didn't even want to look at myself in the mirror in the morning.

Regardless of whether you use Sculptra, Restylane, Radiance, Artecoll,or Silicon, there are risks you alone assume.  Just like the risks from every medication I have been taking for over ten years.  For me, the choice not only included the product, but the provider of the service.  I have been happy as many others have been with the choice I made.  That is what I was relating.

PMMA has been around a while.  It was first tested in humans in 1985 and has been used successfully in over 100K patients between 1989 and 1999 alone.  What are the longer term effects with any of these products, who knows?  I don't think I would trust the FDA to give you all the facts up front before they approve anything.  So before you claim you know what you are talking about, do a little research. 

You use whatever you want or use nothing. 

BTW, have you even had a procedure to relate your experience with? 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 04:17:25 pm by jjmcm »

Offline Soolip

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2006, 12:21:14 pm »
Sorry, I wasn't chastising anyone. It's just that if you are here to advocate a medical procedure, you bear some responsibility if it's proven to be harmful down the line.

Most people are happy with PMMA, but it does harden over time in some patients. This was not mentioned here or on Dr. C's pages.

And yes, I have had my lipodystrophy treated with a permanent filler, and I'm very happy with the results. I will not discuss it, however, because my choice of treatment was a personal decision, made after researching ALL the options. Personal testimony is NOT scientific data, as emotionally gratifying as it is to hear. Morally it would be wrong for me to sway anyone to get the treatment I chose because I have no idea what the side-effects will be over time. My advice to everyone is to get on the internet and read as much as you can about what's available.

I must say, I was appalled by Dr. C's hard sell of PMMA, plus the fact that he did not mention any possible side-effects. He may very well be a brilliant doctor, and is advocacy of PMMA may be right on target. But if there are side-effects, do you really want a disfigured person to approach you 20 years from now and say "you said this would help me; now look at my face"?

All I'm saying is be responsible. Your words carry more weight than you think.

Offline jjmcm

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2006, 04:16:26 pm »
Thanks for the apology.  However, I feel like sharing our experiences is the reason this web-site is here.  I feel absolutely no obligation to provide scientific data on the choices I have made whether it be for my face or my HIV treatment in general.

Can you imagine how informative and relative this web-site would be if everyone said, "I have achieved high CD4's, undetectable VL below 50; however, because of my personal lack of long term safety data for 20 years I cannot provide you with any details."

Do you think pharmaceutical companies do anything based on what is best morally?  They do everything they can to get a product approved and worry about the fallout later.  We have seen few products approved for HIV treatment that have not included numerous side effects particularly when studied over time and combined with other medications.

I think with your concern for the long term effects, we might never see anything on the market to assist with our faces or our HIV treatment.  I could not wait any longer to get my face reconstruction started.  There is always the possibility that something better will come along down the road.   I have never been to any sort of vendor that didn't show you what they had to sell before sending you elsewhere.  This is called being an informed shopper.

It is difficult to analyze and critique your choice since you will not share it.  However, including Sculptra which is temporary, I know of none that are permanent AND approved for HIV facial wasting in the U.S.  Everything that is in use carries it's own risks.  I explain to everyone I talk to about this:  It is AYOR, "at your own risk" which I think everyone except you assumes.

That is why we have forums available on the internet.  To help us make the best decisions for ourselves based on the information we review.  I thank every single person that has taken the time to assist with my treatment over the years.  It has saved my life and in this case helped me feel a part of it again.

And, 20 years from now, it may not matter for either one of us.

Take care...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 05:42:24 pm by jjmcm »

Offline Soolip

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 04:23:47 pm »
Understood and agreed. Thank you.

Offline nikkigirl

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 09:05:16 pm »
i dont have hiv but acne scarring.i went to clinic estetica on july 4th of 2006.i had 18 ccs of precise injected.it works great in the lips but tend to lump up around the eyes.i have a lump under my eye that need to be removed.i already had sculptra injections in harrisburg,pa.it was ok overall.i need to go back in january to get more treatments.staff is very nice.i had a female doctor.i will post in january after my second treatment.

Offline bobino

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2006, 02:12:33 pm »
Nikki,

What is Precise?  It sounds like something you can have injected into the lips.  This would be interesting to me, since my lipo is making my lips disappear.  If you could provide additional info, it would be great.

John
Suivons les rivières
Gardons les torrents
Restons en colère
Soyons vigilants

Offline nikkigirl

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2006, 04:32:58 pm »
well its like artefil...artecol but u need no alergic test first.it works very good in the lips.the clinic is moving away from bio-alkimid because of the lumping.precise does tend to lump around the eyes.it can be injected into lips and skin.i had 18ccs injected.anna said she want my pic on the office wall when im done...must be to scare away patients...lol

Offline Soolip

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2006, 09:41:28 pm »
18 ccs injected at once? Sorry, but that's nuts. I can see 1.8 cc injected at one time, but 18? Are you sure? Your skin needs time to develop collegen around the droplets -- otherwise the filler will migrate and form lumps.

I'm surprised that any doctor would inject more than 2 ccs of a filler at one time. For lipodystrophy, 1cc in each cheek, spread out at month intervals is standard in the US.

Offline nikkigirl

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 03:13:15 am »
if u read my post..i dont have lipo...i have acne scars.u just have a bias for anything thats not in the usa isnt any good.it was 18 cc of precise.bud...no ones telling u to go to mexico...just keep spending your money on sculptra.most people that have aids wont live 20 years down the line.clinic estetica is well respected by many gays that have facial wasting.check out the before and after.dont say anything is nuts when u have absolutely no idea what u are talking about!

Offline nikkigirl

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 03:29:49 am »
i must add most hiv patients would probably kill theirselfs without getting these treatments.whats the sense of living if u go on day by day thinking i dont want the world to see my face.and the FDA doesnt know everything.yes its not approved because it tends to lump but the lump can be removed.some people with facial wasting couldnt look worse than they look already.i mean u took risks dude when u had sex and got hiv..so whats the difference here.did u ask the FDA before u had sex?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 03:31:46 am by nikkigirl »

Offline Edward

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 10:43:27 pm »
There are many PMMA products out there available in various places.  They are not all created the same.  PMMA particles are suspended in a solution and then injected.  The solution it is suspended in can be very different.  Some use a collagen solution, some use a cellulose solution, and in the case of Clinicestetica, their product, Precise, uses a saline gel solution.  IN MY OPINION, Precise is a better product, the saline gel makes it easier to inject more accurately, and offers a smoother result.  Since Precise is an exclusive product only available at Clinicestetica, I dont think Dr. Casavantes will be able to use it at his new clinic.  Im sure he will have some other form of PMMA available though.  PMMA is not intended to be injected in a micro-droplet technique, so many cc's can be injected at once.  PMMA is also available in different strengths, such as 10,20,30 percent......depending on which area of the body you inject will determine which strength is best to use.  Under the eyes is a very delicate area to fill, and the possibility of minor bumps are possible with any product that is used.

Offline nikkigirl

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2006, 01:51:54 am »
i couldnt have said that better,edward!ur right on...on ur info!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2006, 07:28:25 am »
nikkigirl,

I'd like to point out that these forums are for people living with hiv. Some of your comments are rather offensive and betray a lack of understanding about hiv. The comment "most people that have aids wont live 20 years down the line." is TOTALLY off base and so is your other nugget of wisdom - "i must add most hiv patients would probably kill theirselfs without getting these treatments." And this one - "i mean u took risks dude when u had sex and got hiv.." smacks of judgement.

If you wish to be able to continue posting on this forum, I suggest you learn a few things about hiv first. This is an hiv forum, not a acne forum.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline nikkigirl

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 11:10:12 am »
this is my last post.i dont have anything against u people.i just searched clinic estetica and this came up.i just dont want hard earned tax money being spent on something thats caused by hopping into bed mostly.do u think the govt has ever spent money on acne research?im a democrat but..use your own money to find a cure!

Offline clifhanger

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2006, 02:53:04 pm »
Greetings!
Im was planning to go to Clinicestetica but am now considering going directly to dr Casavantes. He seems to have the experience and it appears he is less expensive-80 per cc plus 200 office visit verses 150 per cc with no office charge. I need alot as a level 5 patient. I need current contact info for Dr Casavantes???? Do you think its advantageous to have several visits of a smaller amt or can they do it safely in two??? Thanks!!

Offline jjmcm

Offline allanq

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2006, 09:34:00 pm »
I just want to say that I spent well over a year researching various options to deal with my facial wasting. The Yahoo Group "PozHealth" had many messages that related people's positive experiences at the Clinic Estetica, and after spending  several hours on the phone talking to people who been treated there, I decided to go there. I realized that there are some risks with any type of facial filller, especially one that is permanent.

I just returned from a family gathering and I received many comments from relatives that I was looking so much better than since they had last seen me. (Most of them are aware of my HIV status.)

As I mentioned in a previous post, many people have very negative preconceptions about going to Mexico for medical treatment (especially Tijuana!). However, as soon as I entered the medical office, my fears were dispelled. The precautions taken for a sterile environment were actually greater than those I had experienced with the Sculptra treatments that I had received in San Francisco.

Although Dr. Casavantes is no longer with the Clinic Estetica, I have read on the PozHealth forum that the other doctor at the Clinic, Dr. Gloria Morales, is excellent.

I started this thread not to publicize the Clinic Estetica or Dr. Casavantes, but simply to relate my own personal experiences so that other people could be aware of the available options. 

Allan

Offline royrogers

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2006, 12:55:35 am »
Hi Everyone,
I also had my face done at Clinic Estetica in Mexico. I had some of my work done by Dr Casavantes over the past 3 years and most recently done by Dr.Gloria Morales. She actually did my butt too. I now have a new face and a very pretty and comfortable butt.

I think what everyone needs to know is that Anna Love, who is the founder and owner of Clinic Estetica, trained BOTH Dr. Luis Casavantes as well as Dr. Gloria Morales. From what I have experienced using both Doctors is that Dr. Gloria Morales has a much keener and detailed eye with the administration of the new permanent product Precise PMMA.
On the other hand Dr Luis Casavantes seems to create a much more generic look, thus creating gay clones. I much preferred the more skilled & gentle hand of Dr. Gloria Morales.
As well, she is the residing Doctor at Clinic Estetica where all the past, current and probably future trails are to be  tested at the their laboratory.   Anna Love and her team of scientists are the innovators of "ANNA's new product PRECISE. Which is used accumatively in very small or large amounts depending on the area.

The new Clinic Estetics's product "PRECISE is not available at any other Clinic - least of all Dr. Casavantes. It has yet to be determined exactly what he is using and how effective and safe it will be. He is not getting PRECISE from it's creators at Clinic Estetica. Has anyone seen any proof of what Dr. Casavantes is actually putting in their face or body? I would like to know...

I understand he lists silicone on his website - which is illegal in Mexico. He also lists Bio-Alcamid which Clinic Estetica is the only US/ MEXICO representative!  I know for a fact that Dr Cassavantes is NOT getting his product from Clinic Estetica.

So as you can see there remains many unanswered questions about the product being used in Dr Casavantes new Clinic.

Clinic Estetica brought NEW HOPE to all patients with tissue defects no matter how large or small, whether due to lipodystrophy, Birth defects, aging, tissue loss due to accidents, illness, and surgeries, cancer and other illness.

Clinic Estetica also specialises in cosmetic procedures and is currently creating products the will help keep the wonderful new looks they create.

It is hard to compete with the creators and innovators of new products such as PRECISE. I should  know I'm sitting on it writing to you right now. I'm also smiling with it as I write this. "What can't speak can't lie".

I think we all want to use only the best and safest products available put into our bodies. PMMA has had no adverse effects recorded in fifty years. That is exactly what PRECISE is created from.

I have pictures of my butt and face available. When I look back and see how I looked four years ago, I could just cry. I have also witnessed hundreds of patients leaving Clinic Estetica in tears of "joy" hugging and kissing Anna and her husband Nick.

I want to thank Anna Love and Clinic Estetica for giving me back my life, my face and my new butt!
I have done much reserch on these proceedures, what to use and where to go. There only one place it's CLINIC ESTETICA TIJAUNA.
Roy Rogers
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 01:30:39 am by royrogers »

Offline Edward

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2006, 07:28:32 pm »
Greetings!
Im was planning to go to Clinicestetica but am now considering going directly to dr Casavantes. He seems to have the experience and it appears he is less expensive-80 per cc plus 200 office visit verses 150 per cc with no office charge. I need alot as a level 5 patient. I need current contact info for Dr Casavantes???? Do you think its advantageous to have several visits of a smaller amt or can they do it safely in two??? Thanks!!

I suggest you contact Clinicestetica at www.clinicestetica.com and ask them what their prices are.  I think you are confusing the price of Precise with BioAlcamid.  I think BioAlcamid is probably $150 cc, and Precise is considerably less.  I think if you contact them you will find that the price for Precise is much less than whatever PMMA Dr. Casavantes uses.  He will not have Precise available, so he will have to use another version of PMMA.  Its to your advantage to get all your facts and information straight from the source before you make a decision as to where you want to go. 

Offline Larryw

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2006, 12:32:33 am »
I just found this forum and was reading the statements regarding Clinic Estetica in Tijuana.  I have had three treatments at the clinic and I must admit it was the best thing that I have ever done.  I agree totally with those that mentioned the professional staff and the over all running of the clinic. I have had the new Precise  done, and in all treatments, I think it was worth every penny to gain the self esteem and mental well being that I didn't have before the treatments.  I would do it again and again if I see that it is needed and would not let anyone other than the staff at Clinic Estetica put anything into my face.  I have a total of 32cc and getting rid of those sunken cheeks and protruding temples has had a revitalizing affect on me.  People who saw me before and now the "after" are amazed at the difference and how much better I look, and they admit that they would have never said anything, but felt sorry for me and that I looked so ill and now...full cheeks and no temples that you could have put a plate on...Kudos to all the people that are connected with the clinic, I applaud you each and every day and tell everyone I know about you and the work that you do.  I am a happier person and have more self confidence, even at my age and length of being HIV+ I am no longer a walking exhibit of having HIV.  Ellen at the clinic is such an inspiration and friend that stuck with me through out the whole ordeal, I should be so lucky to have the treatment they gave me in a city as large as Chicago. Thank you for all that you have done for me, I feel like a new person and am so glad that I took the plunge.
Larry

Offline oskar

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2006, 04:51:59 am »
my name is oskar
some of you might know me (those of you who read this post and/or write here, be it under your names or cowboyish nicks)
(hello anna, hello nick, hello ellen, hello luis -dr. casavantes, that is-, hello palmira -dr. morales, that is-, hello noelia, alexis, mavy, cecy, lily, carlos, don rodolfo & al.)
some of you might not know me, those of you who read this for information and not for difamation.
...as if i mattered. you do. you matter.
what matters is our sunken cheeks (above & below) and what can be done about them. and something can, i know. oh, indeed i do, in deed.
i have 29 cc's of pmma on my facial cheeks.
what kind of pmma? who knows? i certainly don't know nor care. my face is the consequence, and i face it, every day in the mirror, and i thank god each and every day when i look at myself in the mirror. i thank god. and the doctor that poked my cheeks.
it came as a blessing, to me, for me: from anna, from brazil, from heaven knows where and from heaven itself a year ago, a full year ago, and it was sculpted into my face by dr. c, with dr. m. as his assistant. and with anna's blessing and my acceptance of being a guinea pig, a willing one, a most willing one. for you. for you with sunken cheeks.
i am a study subject, whatever that might mean (in the long run) and you can study my face, before, during and after in the pics i'll show you if you ask for them (oskarbeckmann@hotmail.com)
no, not 29 cc's at one go, no way. pmma is a permanent filler, that much i was told, and regardless of the brand name or the generic copytight holder it is here to stay, on my cheeks, on my face, and since i am the one to live with it (more than the 20 years that nikki predicts in this post -the nikkigirl whom i also know and who will not post again-) it better be in installments. easy does it. easy. thank you, dr. casavantes for being an ethical md.
ethics
i didn't even know i had facial lipoatrophy: i'm one of those guys who believed my infectologist when he said i was lucky to be alive (diagnosed in 1992), and i'm one of those gays who are not vain about their looks (and i have them, believe me) and felt happy to be alive.
then i met anna, anna love -of clincestetica fame- at another tijuana clinic where i go for alternate tratments for my hiv (i am a mexican and therefore have no fear of mexican doctors and -by the way- i also dread meds, having taken -and left- them). she was also a patient there for something or other, i am not the inquisitive sort. not at all. we became friendly - literally cruising each other with our iv bags in the hall-
long story short: i was offered my new set of cheeks as a volunteer in the study group (for free, both ways) and also as a spokesman while doing volunteer work (thank you, anna) in clinicestetica. yes, i got cab money and a lot of satisfaction while doing it.
i also got to see dr. c (casavantes) at work, and dr. m (morales). superb, both of them. superb.
the product... well, as shakeaspere said: "a rose, by any other name would smell the same"
a rose is a rose is a rose (gertrude stein)
the point i am trying to make is that yes, pmma works, and yes, dr. casavantes resculpted my face -as it was, my very own- with it, and yes he buys it in brazil, as anna does -as far as i know-, and dr. morales is also a great sculptor, sculptress, so i have seen and so i have heard.
no, pmma is still not allowed in the usa. fda and all that. same as other things which i cannot mention, out of respect, for i am a mexican, as my doctor is.
i feel great, i look good, even cheeky, thanks to his md degree and the generic pmma, if you can forgive my pun.

oskar

Offline ConFe

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2006, 09:43:15 pm »
This seems to me to be a marketing tool for Clinicestetica, Doctor Casavantes is no longer with them I found him in www.facialwasting.net Let me tell You that Doctor C is the best in the world I like him so much. He will advise what is the best filler in the market, He is cheaper than clinicestetica. I hope this help You.

Offline nikkigirl

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2006, 12:08:19 am »
oscara..i dont know u!i wasnt complaining about clinic estetica.im just not going there for hiv facial wasting.i really dont know how long a person with hiv will live.i guess majic johnson is still doing ok.byeeee nikki

Offline allanq

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2006, 11:26:41 pm »
I had my second and final treatment with PMMA at the Clinic Estetica two weeks ago, and I am extremely happy with the results. Dr. Casavantes (who did my first treatment) has left the clinic to set up his own practice. I decided to return to the Clinic Estetica, because they use a particular formulation of PMMA called Precise, and I wanted to stick with that product. I had also heard very good things about Dr. Gloria Morales, who is now doing the procedure at the Clinic.

Dr. Morales has a great eye and spent a good deal of time just looking at my face both before and during the procedure. I had ten cc's of the PMMA injected during this session. The result is a very smooth and natural appearance. I've always been slender with a thin face, and Dr. Morales was very careful not to overfill.

The cost of my two treatments was $2,050 for a total of 18 cc's of PMMA. However, I was told that they have raised their prices for new patients from $100/cc to $150/cc. Even at the higher price, it's still a lot cheaper than the recently approved PMMA product in the U.S. called ArteFill, which costs approximately $800/cc.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm not trying to sell anyone on the Clinic Estetica. I have no affiliation with the Clinic, other than as a patient, and I'm just relating my own personal experience.

Allan

Offline Musician69

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2006, 02:56:04 pm »
Hey, Everyone!
   I'm new here, and I hope that I can contribute to the discussions.  Long-term survivor
here....of both HIV AND the side-effects of years of ZERIT and AZT, and other stuff.
   Been reading about your experiences with facial and butt wasting.  I HAVE BOTH.
Was wondering if anyone had had any experience with Bio-Alcamid from Canada as
a face-filler?  How about butt wasting?  I'm not sure, even with all the glowing
recommendations, that I could EVER go down to Tiajuana for treatment, and I would
rather have something permanent than something that needs to be repeated.
Your thoughts?
Bill in Jersey City, NJ

Offline CaliforniaSon

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2006, 07:16:36 pm »
Hi Bill (Musician69),
I have had facial filler work done in Tijuana, Los Angeles, and this last week in Vancouver. Please see my December 9, 2006 review/post under "Main Forums/Lipodystrophy Questions/ Bio Alchamid" [sic]. Good luck...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 08:17:08 pm by CaliforniaSon »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.