Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:52:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 223
Total: 224

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Very Scared about first time cunnilingus experience  (Read 37659 times)

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: Very Scared about first time cunnilingus experience
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2007, 09:31:00 am »
It does not.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline scaredandlonely

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2007, 11:00:34 am »
Hi Andy

Can you give me your opinion on my latest post? AC was helpful but I would like a second on this.

Thanks

Offline scaredandlonely

« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2007, 06:14:14 pm »
I hadn't herad any other responses on my post this morning so I thought I would post again. Can anyone give my their opinion on this??

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2007, 06:17:48 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline scaredandlonely

« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2007, 09:05:26 am »
Can anyone please give me some insight on my posts from yesterday???? I still have had no solid replies

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2007, 09:51:30 am »
It does not.<---that was a solid reply.  Thanks.
RIDE!!!

Offline scaredandlonely

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2007, 10:02:34 am »
Hi Everyone

I have been realizing everything everyone said was true and have been relatively ok until last week when I have been really sick with headaches, fever, and sore throat. Could this be symptoms of ARS?? or is my mind just playing tricks on me?? It was just wierd that it was in the same time frame as when ARS comes about that is worrying me.

Thanks Everyone

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2007, 10:05:59 am »
Scaredandlonely,

You just listed off the symptoms of about 5 dozen other illnesses.  You can reliably cross off HIV as one of those possibilities.  Move on to other things and start crossing them off.

You did NOT have a risk!  So keep these words in mind please....

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.
RIDE!!!

Offline scaredandlonely

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2007, 10:15:26 am »
Good Morning Everyone

The last couple of days my wife has been horribly ill with fever, aches and runny nose, sore throat and Im afraid I might have given her something, even though you have all told me I did not have a risk. I know this is stupid and Im sorry to keep posting but I cannot get this out of my head. Also when I went to the dentist the did say I had very mild periodontal disease and I had a deep cleaning which will take care of that. I would have had this at my time of exposure however, and my question is would that make this a situation to worry, or am I just being a "worried well". Please respond, and I promise I will try to avoid this forum again until I get my results.

Thanks Everyone

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2007, 10:33:34 am »
You are just a worried well. If your wife is ill take her to a doctor. You did not have a risk.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2007, 10:38:48 am »
scared,

You didn't have a risk, and you can't pass on what you don't have.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline scaredandlonely

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2007, 10:23:56 am »
Hello Again

I have setup testing for Monday as that will be my 13 week mark, and all the fears and doubts have come back. I have been reading everyday, but I am still confused why cunnilingus is so much of a lower risk than a blowjob. I am trying to tell myself that I am just worrying myself to no good point, but that thought is still there. Any support or comments would be appreciated. Thank you to all who have helped me, I am just praying everyday that Monday will go well (even though all of you have said I dont even need to test). I am usually a hypocondriac when it comes to anything, so with this it has been amped up about 100%. Thanks for your patience.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2007, 12:54:22 pm »
Good luck with your test and the inevitable negative result.
Andy Velez

Offline scaredandlonely

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2007, 08:51:54 am »
Hello Again Everyone

I am waiting until Monday to take my test, but my mind is going 100 miles an hour thinking about this. I keep thinking what happened over and over again and keep thinking, 'what if somehow I got hiv from this?" I am really concerned, but maybe that is because I am close to finding out 1 way or another. My question is this. Has there ever been a case where any of you have seen or heard where someone had gotten HIV from just 3 minutes or so of cunnilingus??

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2007, 10:55:28 am »
scared,

Never.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2007, 12:11:06 pm »
Never EVER.
RIDE!!!

Offline scaredandlonely

« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2007, 10:38:08 am »
Hello Everyone

I cant take it anymore so I will be going today to get the test. It will be the oraquik test so I will know today, one way or another. Thank you everyone who has responded, and hopefully you will all be right and I will post a negative result today. Thanks Again.

Offline scaredandlonely

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2007, 02:12:09 pm »
ok, that is a sign that today wouldve been a bad day to get tested. The office first lost my file, then they did not have the lab technician today so they COULDN'T do the test today. LOL. Anyways, I will have to stick with Monday, but talking to the doctors they pretty much confirmed what you have all been saying that it is low risk, they didn't say no risk, I dont know why, but they didn't. One question though, is the Oral test just as good as any other one to determine results? I will have to wait it out until Monday, but hopefully Monday will be better than today, at least at their office. :D

Thanks Everyone

Offline scaredandlonely

« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2007, 09:06:17 am »
Hi Everyone

I did not get a response to my question yesterday so I thought I would repost. Is the Orasure test just as good as any other testing or is there another test I should take??

Thanks Everyone

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2007, 09:08:28 am »
scared,

Orasure is an approved, accurate test.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline scaredandlonely

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2007, 11:32:58 am »
Hi Everyone

I went and got tested yesterday and they did a full STD battery. The wierd thing is that they did a Orasure test , but they told me they did not process lab tests there and it would be 2 weeks for results!! Now I am worried sick, because I have to wait another 2 weeks to find out the results. Is this normal?? I am just concerned that I will be the "unlucky one" to get it in this therotical way. I pray that I am not.

Offline scaredandlonely

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2007, 06:58:46 pm »
Can anyone answer my questions from the previous post?? Thanks in advance.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2007, 07:12:06 pm »
scared,

Yes, it's perfectly normal for an hiv test to take two weeks to process.

You didn't have a risk, so don't think we're going to entertain you every day for the next two weeks while you wait for your negative result to come through. Go get busy with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline scaredandlonely

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2007, 01:52:54 pm »
Hello Everyone

I get my results on Tuesday and I am really nervous about them. I dont know why since I have recieved such good advice about this. I just hope everything goes well on Tuesday. Thank you for this site, as it has been a relief and comfort to me. I hope on Tuesday Im come back here with a negative result.

Offline scaredandlonely

« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2007, 06:51:06 pm »
Well heres where all the " Told Ya So's" come in. I tested negative like everyone said. Thanks to all who helped me. I will not be back, only because I am moving on with my life. Thanks Again especially to Rod, Ann, Andy, and ACinKC. Im out!!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2007, 08:19:07 pm »
OK, I don't have a problem saying it, "WE TOLD YOU SO."  We get to do that quite a lot here.

Offline naftalim

« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2007, 04:25:51 am »
GET AN HIV TEST. Regardless of this particular act, you could be infected and not even know it. If you are sexually active and from your story, you are not monogamous, you could have been exposed years ago. I was probably infected in 1999 and I only got tested in 2005 and tested positive. Turns out I have been infected since 1999. Luckily, as far as I have been able to tell, I have not infected anyone else.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2007, 04:42:04 am »
naftalim, before you post please read all the other posts and replies. Scared, did not have a risk and was told. They tested negative. 

Offline scaredandlonely

« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2007, 09:45:05 am »
Hi Everyone

I have been doing very well with everything, but now I am worried again. I have what looks like hairy leukoplakia and it is on the side of my tongue and inner cheeks. When I looked this up it all points to HIV infection, but I have a neg test result at more than 15 weeks, so I am doubting this is the case. Is it just me freaking out, or is there cause for another test? I have had this since 2 days after the incident in January in my cheeks but now it has gone to my tongue? Also, what else might cause this? Hopefully I am just being crazy but any input would sure be appreciated.

Thanks Everyone

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2007, 09:50:35 am »
This is not an HIV concern. If you have concerns see your dentist or doctor.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2007, 10:30:16 am »
Stop practicing medicine on yourself without a license. It's bad for your health.

You're HIV negative. Period. End of story.

As Rod suggested, if you have physical concerns that's something to discuss with your doctor.

Just because your head and feelings keep scaring you about HIV doesn't change the FACT that you have reliably tested negative for HIV. Period. Done.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline scaredandlonely

« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2007, 11:15:59 am »
Hello Everyone

I am starting to move on, but I just wanted an answer to this question. The only act that I have perfrormed was the one in question from Jan which I tested over in Apr and was neg, but my wife and I are starting to plan for a baby, and this popped in my head again regarding should I get tested again just in case since some sites say 6 months and I only tested at around 4??? I just want to put this behind me and move on with my wife and family. Any input would be great.

Thanks Everyone

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2007, 11:50:00 am »
Scared,

You do not need further testing. You ARE hiv negative. If you have a difficult time accepting your hiv negative status, then perhaps it's time you sought counseling. We cannot help you with that here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline scaredandlonely

« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2007, 06:20:19 pm »
Thank you for your input Ann.

I just wanted to get an answer before I started down this road. Thank you everyone who helped me through this. I really appreciate this. Wish me luck down the road of parenthood, again, now with no worries about this anymore :)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2007, 06:31:12 pm »
Good luck on the road to parenthood. From my experience, parenting is the most challenging and the most worthwhile job in the world. It's no easy thing but it sure is worth the effort. My sons are the best!

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.