Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:53:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37645
  • Latest: ravsam
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773228
  • Total Topics: 66339
  • Online Today: 623
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 256
Total: 259

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Married 8 years...  (Read 7749 times)

Offline idee

• Hi...
Married 8 years...
« on: January 02, 2013, 12:13:33 am »
I start school again this month. But I am so bored right now. I go to a therapist and HIV doctor every so often. My life is pretty dull.
 I used to be fun and now I am a frumpy house wife.
 Most of my friends have left. Ok... all except for one.
 God my days seem so slow at times. I can't wait for school to start again. I can't wait for my career to start.
 My dog cries for no reason and the other one just wants to smack his lips excessively to hint at getting more food.
 Day in and day out I think, "God, you let me live for this?"
 Don't get me wrong I just want to do things and my Husband is a home body who can't obtain an erection do to his medication. There I said it...
 We have plans that we are going to travel when I get out of school in 2017. We want to move to another state. I have a ton on my mind and some times I am just not really happy, but I do not want to lose my family.
I am on antidepressents and well as long as I have something to do I am happy. Keeping busy is good for me.
 Also my Husband has a heart problem, he has to have echocardiograms done and really a few other tests as well. A valve in his heart is not closing all the way.
 I guess if anything happened to him I would be lonely and just have our daughter to take care of. I worry a lot and hopefully this is ok to write here. 

[/color][/i]

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Married 8 years...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 08:34:55 am »
Idee you can put anything here.

I know you're going to be starting school and looking at a new career but you seem very dissatisfied now.  Have you thought about volunteering somewhere?  I used to do that and one of the nice things about volunteering is that you can pretty much set your own hours and days you want to volunteer.  I did that before getting hired somewhere.

This also looks good on a resume instead of having huge blanks in time.  It actually helped me get hired.  This is just a suggestion. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 04:11:45 pm »
Idee you can put anything here.

I know you're going to be starting school and looking at a new career but you seem very dissatisfied now.  Have you thought about volunteering somewhere?  I used to do that and one of the nice things about volunteering is that you can pretty much set your own hours and days you want to volunteer.  I did that before getting hired somewhere.

This also looks good on a resume instead of having huge blanks in time.  It actually helped me get hired.  This is just a suggestion.

I decided on taking some CPR/AED courses to get by the boredom. But I am going to volunteer after I finish my pre-requisites in school.

Offline Pam

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 04:39:49 pm »
Hi idee

I'm also married and at times life is very dull and draining, like today. I think most relationships hit a slow period.  I usually read, watch movies, chit chat with family or take long drives just to clear my mind. Hopefully everything will work out fine for you.               Pam

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 10:18:37 pm »
Hi idee

I'm also married and at times life is very dull and draining, like today. I think most relationships hit a slow period.  I usually read, watch movies, chit chat with family or take long drives just to clear my mind. Hopefully everything will work out fine for you.               Pam

Things have gotten a little better since I started school.  My Husband is doing the vaccuming and dishes for me so I can study.  Plus he works, my daughter is excited because she is taking biology in school and by the time I take biology this summer she can help me study for it. 
I am doing better since I found out that I have PTSD and I just started psychology in two weeks ago so I  should learn more about it.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 08:06:17 am »
It's good to hear you're doing better, Idee. You go girl!

It sounds like your family is being very supportive and that's great too. Any chance you might lend me your hubby to do some housework around my house? hehehehe.... just kidding.

Relationships absolutely do go through phases. It would be boring if things were hunky-dory all the time, and the difficult patches can actually bring you closer even more so than the good times.

And kudos to you for getting into therapy. Stick with it, you'll thank yourself for the effort.

Thanks for the good report. All too often we only hear from folks when the chips are down.

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 02:37:47 pm »
It's good to hear you're doing better, Idee. You go girl!

It sounds like your family is being very supportive and that's great too. Any chance you might lend me your hubby to do some housework around my house? hehehehe.... just kidding.

Relationships absolutely do go through phases. It would be boring if things were hunky-dory all the time, and the difficult patches can actually bring you closer even more so than the good times.

And kudos to you for getting into therapy. Stick with it, you'll thank yourself for the effort.

Thanks for the good report. All too often we only hear from folks when the chips are down.

Hugs,
Ann
xxx

Thanks. I am on spring break and it feels funny to say that at 35. But school is going good and I am not sure of my mid term in psych but I am hoping for at least a B. The teahcer knows I have PTSD and told me I did good during the exam and said I finished quickly. She was happy. She even patted me on the shoulder.
I am a little bored as I am used to a fast paced like style, it is hard to relax at times. Before I was married I had to walk most places so I was in excellent shape and now I am a little chunky, but I joined weight watchers recently.
I should be happy I am in good enough condition to have to diet. My doctor wants me to lose weight, all though not directly mentioned he did say I need to cut down on some of the things that caused me to gain some weight. He is awesome and has a good attitude.
My family is good.
Today I see my therapist which means I get to wear my new summer dress. It is hot out here in Vegas. But I also learned that my viral load is undetectable again and that they kept me on the same meds. My viral load is at 840 something.
Hope you're having a nice day!
Ida

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.