Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:44:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 358
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 356
Total: 357

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Republican CNN Debate (caution... violent vomiting possible)  (Read 5087 times)

Offline randym431

Ok, I had to watch some of this. See what the other side is up to...
Remember the 1980's and Jim and Tammy Faye?
Remember how you landed on their show, channel surfing, and thought WTF?
Then switched on. But something told you to tune back in to to watch this train wreck.
And before you knew it, you were hooked. Hooked that something that bad was on air.
Was this real? A joke? The new "saturday night live"?

Well... this debate is turning out to look like the very same thing.
And more so.. the CNN talking heads debate afterward.
All I can say is...CNN... have you sunken so low that you have cnn talking heads actually stating "Bachmann looked good"? She "Made a good impression"?
WHAT? WHAT? WHAT U SAY? "Look good?". Why? Because she stood there without farting or shitting her pants, or turning green with her head spinning around like some Exorcist demon?
How?... Exactly just how dumb has America become when people think "THIS" is the new standard of achievement for politics? O...M...G...!!!!!

And hey CNN... you missed it.
When answering questions on same sex marriage, one of these 16th century neanderthals
actually said "marriage should ONLY be biblical based".
WHAT? What? WHAT?!?!?
Not only are you against SS marriage, but now you want anyone non-Christian to be unable to marry?
And any marriage where the people are any other religion, other than Christian (let alone atheist), that ""they"" can no longer marry...legally?
WHAT?...
And CNN had no follow-up on THAT? No follow-up. NONE!
Im sorry... If this is the new level of intelligence in America politics, Im outa here...
Canada, here I come.
All these republican so called candidates have serious brain damage.
They shouldn't be on TV, they should be institutionalized getting serious mental help from the best doctors available.
And CNN...? Im totally speechless...
God Save The Queen. Because it's too late for the rest of us...
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: Republican CNN Debate (caution... violent vomiting possible)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 04:16:36 am »
I'm all for same-sex marriage and opposite marriage in my country.  No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised.  Isn't that the ultimate homeland security, standing up and defending marriage?  

But not all cultures are equal.  Normalization of gayness through desensitization, look into my eyes, look into my eyes.... I'm better at what I do because I'm gay.  So, I make a lot of money.  My feeling is, well, if it's my money, I have a right to judge.  In my country.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 07:38:37 am »
I'm all for same-sex marriage and opposite marriage in my country.  No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised.  Isn't that the ultimate homeland security, standing up and defending marriage?  

But not all cultures are equal.  Normalization of gayness through desensitization, look into my eyes, look into my eyes.... I'm better at what I do because I'm gay.  So, I make a lot of money.  My feeling is, well, if it's my money, I have a right to judge.  In my country.

Maybe my coffee hasn't kicked in yet this morning -- but WTF??  I don't understand a word of what you are going on about here..........

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 08:32:44 am »
i watched the debate for the same reason I occassionally glance at FOXnews - because it pays to knows one's enemies. How else can I rebutt their propaganda lest I know what it is. the most amazing thing I thought of the whole evening though was how they all (except Ron Paul LOL) pretty much evaded the question they were asked and rambled along onto whatever tangent they chose to follow.

the responses about gay marriage and gays in the military nearly had me hurling. And Romney's response about FEMA was insane. Does he not understand that natural disasters are sometimes so large that the states are not able to adequately response and that's why disaster relief must be a federal response???

a friend of mine posted some pretty good questions on FB that should have been asked:
Mr. Gingrich, just how difficult was it to sleep with your intern as your wife lay in the hospital dying?

Mr. Romney, do you actually believe John Smith, Jr had an angel give him gold tablets from God in New York State? ;-)

Ms.Bachmann, do you actually think "I" want to turn your kids gay?

Mr. Pawlenty, why in the world you think that people who are dying from serious illnesses deserve to be arrested if they use the marijuana for relief?? What if you needed it?

Mr. Cain, what in your opinion gives YOU the right to serve and Not a Muslim?? And where do you stand on the Seperation of Church and State? considering the awful history in this country towards African-Americans, how could you actually be predjudiced against any group of people in good conscience?

Mr. Ron Paul, last month you said, " you would not have ordered the raid that killed 9/11 mastermind Osama bin Laden, calling the operation "absolutely not necessary" uhhhh, WHY?

Mr.Santorum, oh, nevermind. You hardly even count :-)

and to all of you, Do you actually think we are going to let you turn our Social Security over to your buddies in the Stock Market by privitizing it?? Or let you turn over Medicare to your buddies within the Insurance Industry?
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 09:01:55 am »

I tried watching it .  I really, really did, but after the first 40 minutes, I had to change the channel, to something more entertaining, like the 3 stooges.  :)  I'll catch the honest recap of the debate on Fox later.  (not)

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 10:09:34 am »

Canada, here I come.

Randy, you could always come live on the Isle of Man - I've got a spare room. ;)

The state of American politics is frightening. What's worse, it influences the rest of the world too. The McDonaldisation of the politics.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 10:19:28 am »

The state of American politics is frightening. What's worse, it influences the rest of the world too. The McDonaldisation of the politics.

Please honey, it's the American Idol-ization of politics, and guess where that show originally came from.  Add in Rupert Murdoch and we're where we're at. Blaming it all on the lowly Americans is a bit incomplete.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 11:04:40 am »
Blaming it all on the lowly Americans is a bit incomplete.

Duh, I never blamed it ALL on you lowly Yanks, I said your politics influence the world. And it's true. Sometimes it's a good thing, but it's often a bad thing.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mecch

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 12:22:46 pm »
Maybe my coffee hasn't kicked in yet this morning -- but WTF??  I don't understand a word of what you are going on about here..........

Quotes from Miss California 2009, Bachman and Santorum, mixed up together.  ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LPv9L6sy5c

Neither Bachmann nor Santorum manage to rise above the eloquence of that fated Miss California.  In my opinion. "In my country."

Barf, I'm vomiting already but I guess it will be a bit of fun with Bachmann in the race. 

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 02:03:52 pm »
Speaking of Dick, Rick Santorum...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/14/don-lemon-rick-santorum-gay-friends_n_876545.html

I actually watched the entire thing (don't ask me why) but it seemed like out of all of them Ron Paul was the only one who had any idea of what he was talking about
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline randym431

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 10:32:02 pm »
IDIOCRACY is my sisters favorite movie.
How the dumb people end up running the world.
Kinda like real life today!!!
Its available on netflix btw...
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline LM

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 11:09:53 pm »
The advance of religion in the politics of some countries, like the US and even my own, is frightening. On one hand, you have Obama. On the other hand, you have fundamentalist Christians. Luckily the president now is Obama, but I fear for the world if Americans elect a religious zealot as president. And I don't doubt it.

Offline David_CA

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 11:22:24 pm »

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=941&bih=517&q=santorum&aq=0&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=
Still the number 1 Google hit of 'santorum'!
http://www.spreadingsantorum.com/
Santorum 1. The frothy mix of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex. 2. Senator Rick Santorum.
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 10:34:03 am »
I know what you mean, Randy, about watching shows like Tammy Faye (I also used to watch Jan, with her purple hair)...hard to turn away from a train wreck, isn't it?

The whole thing was nonsense.   They were supposed to debate EACH OTHER, but it all turned out to be an Obama hate-fest.  I did have to turn it off when Bachmann stated that "the first thing that needs to happen in Federal Goverment is to do away with the Environmental Protection Agency (she called it the Job Killer Agency)"... what a dolt
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 12:00:42 pm »
I know what you mean, Randy, about watching shows like Tammy Faye (I also used to watch Jan, with her purple hair)...hard to turn away from a train wreck, isn't it?

The whole thing was nonsense.   They were supposed to debate EACH OTHER, but it all turned out to be an Obama hate-fest.  I did have to turn it off when Bachmann stated that "the first thing that needs to happen in Federal Goverment is to do away with the Environmental Protection Agency (she called it the Job Killer Agency)"... what a dolt

Doesn't that just tell ya all you need to know?  The first thing we need to do is get rid of any protection for the soil, air and water!

I watched some FOX last night to get their take - which, of course, was glowing.  They loved how all the candidates showed solidarity against the evils of Obama.

Ya know...if you would have asked me a year or so ago to make a joke list of potential candidates, it would have included most of the people who actually are now running - with the exceptions of Cain (who I didn't anticipate) and Palin (who I would have included, but thus far hasn't joined the roster).
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline pat46

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 12:35:12 pm »
comedy central,no not really its actually sad,decent people deserve better.all this gagging nationalism as the middle class gets hammered,time for civil disobedience. ;)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 12:39:31 pm »
Palin (who I would have included, but thus far hasn't joined the roster).
she's too busy spending that PAC money on her bus tour/family vacation. ::) :D
As soon as she declares, she'll have to put those bucks only towards a campaign.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 04:38:03 pm »
It's a little known fact that Rick Santorum's house is located a mere two miles from my parent's house, and one mile from where I was once almost caught sucking off a hunky, well hung Italian boy by the local police when I was 18.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 06:17:50 pm »
Um, yeah. Obam is pretty much going to waltz into his second term with this calvacade of idiots trying to unseat him.

-WIll
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline mecch

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 03:42:47 am »
They are cynical hypocrites but in my opinion not idiots.  Mitt Romney is a morally corrupt opportunist - in business and in politics.  His multimillions made through the worst kinds of management, the kinds that are destroying working class life in the USA.
The idiots are people who will vote for this type of populist Republican leader who will make sure the rich get richer, business runs rampant, while placating the powerless and disenfranchised with hate, bias, jingoism, imperialism, patriotism, anti-intellectualism, blah blah blah blah.
Dreadful state of 2 party politics.  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.