Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:13:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 185
Total: 185

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Anyone have kids?  (Read 3167 times)

Offline Seven

Anyone have kids?
« on: January 17, 2007, 12:39:13 am »
Hey everyone!

I am in a poz/neg relationship. I the female is poz, my man is neg. We have been together 3 years now. We found out I was poz in the first year of going out. We are still together and very happy. We know we want to spend the rest of our lives together. I just wanted to get some feedback from some of you out there regarding children. Do you have any? Did  any female with aids have a child planned? If so, can you explain how you did it, if your child is okay and neg. How pregnancy was, I hope you guys kinda get what I am trying to ask here... :-\

If this is too personal to dicuss yuou can pm me.

Thanks,

Seven

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: Anyone have kids?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 12:45:14 pm »
I am currently in discussions with my new wife about kids.

There are TONS of good sites available some of them on this site in previous posts.  I hope someone can drag them up for us.

For us its a sperm washing issue but for you it will be more med related.  You stand a VERY good chance of delivering a healthy baby with no nasty virus tagging along for a ride!!!

Long story short...its VERY doable.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline tsw923

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 06:11:08 pm »
Seven,

I don't have kids right now, but I have discussed this with my doctor.  I am female and HIV+ and my bf/fiancee (long, but happy story) is negative.  There are a lot of options but it boils down to artificial insemination and changing my meds (from Sustiva/Truvada) to something else.  Also I believe that the baby may need to have a course of AZT once its born.  Once we get closer to the time, I will be getting more details, but I have been given every confirmation that positive women can and do have hiv negative babies all the time.

TSW
Help find a cure for leukemia, lymphoma, and other blood-related cancers by sponsoring me as I walk a 1/2 marathon as a part of the Maryland chapter of Team in Training.  To find out more and to donate, please click on the following site:  http://www.active.com/donate/tntmd/tswtntmd

Offline Eldon

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 07:50:13 pm »
There is another member on our site that is currently pregnant. I cannot recall her name at this time. However, AC is correct that there is a lot of information that is available to you regarding this subject matter. While looking in the right places, you will find that in which you are looking for.

Offline Seven

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 12:19:28 am »
Hey guys, no I already know about how its better if the fmale is poz and not the guy and there a less then 2% chance my kid would be born with hiv, I was just curious to see if anyone has kids or has gone through the process of making a baby while poz and wanted to share you experince, thats all.

Offline DanKenny

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 08:06:40 pm »
Hi Seven,

You may wish to visit www.thebody.com especially, its forums for women (http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Women/).  These questions are addressed there routinely.  Certainly, having kids is possible... a lot depends on your VL and your meds (e.g., no sustiva, preferably undetectable  VL, C-session, etc).  Another good advice is to seek a ObGyn who specializes in high-risk pregnancies, and preferably those with HIV+s.

re sperm-washing contact - www.duncanholly.org or www.columbiaivf.org

Hope all works out well for you.

regards, DK
My Progress:

09/07:   771   ~    <50     ~   29%
03/07:   493   ~    227      ~   22%
02/07:   Began Meds ~~ ATRIPLA
01/07:   315   ~   45, 000  ~   18%
10/06:   350   ~   32, 430  ~   22%
04/06:   440   ~   23, 997  ~   24%
07/05:   621   ~   36,000   ~   24%
01/05:   842   ~   2306      ~   28%
07/04:   615   ~   3370      ~   27%
04/04:   674   ~   739        ~   26%
11/03:   439   ~   2800      ~   22%
Infected probably around 1997 / Diagnosed 2002

Offline AIDS2HIV

• www.aids2hiv.com
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 12:04:32 am »
google: vertical transmission of hiv
Its the future of Hiv Education, and Resources www.aids2hiv.com      Got Community?

Offline IzPoz

• God, grant me the serenity...
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 12:32:21 am »
I found out I was pos when my daughter was 10 months old.  I'm pretty sure I was positive when I was pregnant.  Today, she's 13 1/2 and negative.

Looks like you have some great information happening here :) Good luck in your research!!!
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.