Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:11:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 151
Total: 152

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Winter Fun  (Read 2999 times)

Offline wolfter

Winter Fun
« on: January 26, 2013, 11:26:11 am »
Had been in a bit of a funk lately until I realized I'm missing playing outside during my favorite time of the year.  Since I fired my ortho people and am managing my own recovery, I decided to shovel snow and play.

I spent the entire day outside yesterday and my foot feels the best it has in ages.  I probably worked it pretty good and had less intense pain thanks to helpful beverages.  The snow acts as a natural can coozy. ;D 

I managed to get so much done and had a little time left over to build a little snow pit.  I usually spent greats amount of time making a huge one, large enough for a group of people to hang out and party, but this was just a little teaser.  I started a nice fire and enjoyed the evening sun going down. 

Was in bed by 7:00, totally exhausted and slept great.  I awoke this morning with this damn foot feeling the best it has since the damn accident.

My little evening fun. ;D

Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline mitch777

Re: Winter Fun
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 11:41:23 am »
Had been in a bit of a funk lately until I realized I'm missing playing outside during my favorite time of the year.  Since I fired my ortho people and am managing my own recovery, I decided to shovel snow and play.

I spent the entire day outside yesterday and my foot feels the best it has in ages.  I probably worked it pretty good and had less intense pain thanks to helpful beverages.  The snow acts as a natural can coozy. ;D 

I managed to get so much done and had a little time left over to build a little snow pit.  I usually spent greats amount of time making a huge one, large enough for a group of people to hang out and party, but this was just a little teaser.  I started a nice fire and enjoyed the evening sun going down. 

Was in bed by 7:00, totally exhausted and slept great.  I awoke this morning with this damn foot feeling the best it has since the damn accident.

My little evening fun. ;D

Glad to hear your foot is feeling a bit better.
Still hope you don't block out ALL of your docs from taking a look.

Nice fire pit.
Do you invite people to come and sit on your snow bank and "warm up" by the fire?
(I think I prefer my sofa, fireplace, and TV) :)
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 11:55:38 am »
Some of my best parties were wintertime ones.  When we lived in the country, we had 5 acres and built our house way off the road.  Therefore, we had to have a tractor and plow.  I would mound up huge ass party pits.  You couldn't see over the top of them and they would hold dozens of people.  And I always built them large enough to have actual bonfires in them.

And straight from a hillbilly heaven, I'd also build tracks out back to race around and ramp off of.  We'd get ahold of some cheap ass car just for the season.  More like something out of Buckwild. :o 

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 08:09:45 pm »
Well, I don't like hanging outside, when it is 20 degrees.  However, there is nothing better than getting in the hot tub, when it is 20 degrees.  I see people using their hot tubs in the summer, with the heat and humidity, and I know I couldn't stand it. 

Fire pit looks great.  How much snow did y'all get?  It missed us again. 

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 01:15:49 pm »
The big pit sounds fun. but frankly im not sure whats going on in  your pic...are you supposed to sit on that little mound? doesn't your tushie get wet? I think I would rather sit on that bench. where's the fire?

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline wolfter

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 06:55:09 pm »
The big pit sounds fun. but frankly im not sure whats going on in  your pic...are you supposed to sit on that little mound? doesn't your tushie get wet? I think I would rather sit on that bench. where's the fire?

-W

The fire was the previous night.  And give a girl with a messed up leg a break (no pun intended).  I accomplished this all on my own with just a shovel. ;D  Had I been highly mobile, my pit would have been huge and nicely decorated with appropriate seating and matching linens.  I sat on the picnic table and enjoyed plenty of heat while sipping beer...yes I said beer. 

Oh, and this beotch worked today.  Only worked 6 hours, but I pulled it off nicely.  Nobody bitched about my slow service, else they would have looked like asses.  Finally, back to work.  How fucking nice and about time.  My leg sure is hurting, but at least I can start hobbling around.

:)

Teddy, I'm surprised you weren't hit with this storm.  We got around 6" and I wanted more...imagine that.  :)

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 09:10:41 pm »
Teddy, I'm surprised you weren't hit with this storm.  We got around 6" and I wanted more...imagine that.  :)

The snow keeps missing us.  One of the last ones dropped several inches right across the river in Indiana.  Here in the valley, otherwise known as Louisville, I think the hills affect weather patterns.  Back in 1998, we got 22 inches.  That's the biggest snow here.  We seem to get our biggest snows, when moisture comes up from the Gulf.  There was one year we got several 3" snows.  Last year, it felt like winter never really came.  I think we've gotten less than 5 inches total so far this year.  We finally got a couple inches, while the Christmas lights were up.  And, it depends on where you live here in Louisville.  Some didn't see much at all.  You could drive across town, and they just had a dusting. 

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 09:23:32 pm »
Philadelphia's biggest storm was 30.7" in 1996. I actually had to come down right after that for a funeral. Then we had 28.5" several years ago which was the second largest storm.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.