Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:07:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 214
Total: 217

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Blood on Face  (Read 13244 times)

Offline badblood

Blood on Face
« on: May 13, 2007, 05:46:23 pm »
I got into a fight. After the fight I noticed a streak of blood by the corner of my lips. I wasnt bleeding and did not not taste any blood. So I know it was the other guys. I am worried cause I have some pimples or I might have licked the blood before notcing it. It was a small streak. Should I test or just forget about the incident

Offline RapidRod

Re: Blood on Face
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 05:47:51 pm »
No Risk!!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 05:53:34 pm »
Badblood,

Roddles is 100% spot on. There is absolutely no risk of HIV transmission as a result of your slap-fest with this other bloke.

You do not need to test.

HIV is transmitted through unprotected anal and/or vaginal sex. It's also transmitted via sharing contaminated injecting equipment such as needles and syringes. In some cases HIV can be transmitted from a pregnant woman to the child in her womb.

I recommend that you take the time to read through our glittering Welcome Thread which contains links to our lessons on HIV transmission and testing.

Regards,

MtD

Offline badblood

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 08:46:21 am »
so there is no neeed for testing

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 08:49:26 am »
No. You don't need to be tested for HIV as result of having a dust up.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 08:49:59 am »
That's right. There's absolutely no need for HIV testing.

But you do need to become better educated about the whole issue of HIV transmission. This epidemic is going to be around for a longtime to come. So to know what the REAL risks are, what you need to do to protect yourself and to spare yourself the kind of unnecessary worrying you have been experiencing, as has been suggested, read the lesson on Transmission and the one about HIV testing as well.

Happily, this time you have no cause for concern.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline badblood

Re: fist fight
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 11:17:23 am »
I apologize once gain. The other day my friend got into an altercation and I came to his aid. In the process I punched a man in the mouth and he began to bleed. I then punched him again. After I noticed a cut on my fist from the man's teeth my cut was bleeding out. He was bleeding in his mouth. Do I need to test over this. I am not going partake in anymore fights. I just to get over this.

Sorry again

Offline badblood

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 11:38:06 am »
sorry to bother but

Offline badblood

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 12:17:36 pm »
I am going crazy was there a risk do i need to test it was an unsavory character who jumped my friend please help

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 12:22:27 pm »
You didn't have a risk and you don't need to test. Read the lessons on transmission found in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline badblood

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 12:25:59 pm »
thank you rapid eventhough his mouth was bleeding and his tooth broke my skin and caused me to bleed

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 12:31:25 pm »
Doesn't matter. Read the transmission link found in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 04:14:31 pm »
Once again you are worrying needlessly. You were not at risk for HIV transmission in this latest incident. Period. End of story.

Given that you have had two fistfights within a fairly short period of time I'd say your concern should be more about why that is happening than about HIV transmission in such situations.

If you have read the transmission lesson as was previously suggested to you then you would know these were not risky situations.

Andy Velez

Offline badblood

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 04:15:02 pm »
i just some other responses

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 06:33:05 pm »
Hi Badblood

I'm assuming you mean you are waiting for others to respond..I'm not sure why because you have already been given excellent advice from 3 of our experts on the subject...listen to them and move on.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline badblood

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2007, 11:31:06 am »
Another fear. Last Saturday I went out with a group of people. We had several drinks. I had some wine a mixed drink and a beer. I stopped drinking around 1240 am. I walked home with my friends and remember the entire walk. I stopped to get a sandwich and then went upstairs to my house with the people I was with. I fell asleep at 130. My friends also stayed the night. Apparently my girfriend called at 330 and I said goodnight for a 1minute but do not remember. I then woke up around 5 am had a glass of water went to my bed and masterbated. I woke up around nine and had a terrible feeling that I had been raped. There was no physical evidence. No blood in my underwear or pain and I have never participated in anal sex. I just became anxious that one of the people at my house could have drugged while I had my last drink at 1230. The next day I felt very anxious guilty and depressed. I had been taking anxienty medication which I had stop called turkey a week before. My head felt like a mess. I know this phobia comes from my ffear of hiv. But could an expert comment on it. If I was drugged at 1230 I wouldnt have remembered everything up to the point of going to sleep at 130. There were always no physical signs just a thought and fear driven by anxiety. Please let me know I am in therapy but is this a fantasy situation with no need for testing. Sorry guys I wish I didnt have this anxiety.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2007, 11:43:09 am »
bad,

If you'd been anally raped, you'd know about it for sure. Believe me. So yes, this is a fantasy situation and you do not need testing.

Please keep working with your therapist - and make sure you discuss this latest fear with him/her at your next appointment.

This is NOT an hiv situation.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline badblood

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2007, 01:29:27 pm »
If I had been drugged at 1230  would I remember everything from that time till I went to sleep at 130. O I would have blacked out which I didnt I just went to sleep a littl buzzed

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2007, 01:35:55 pm »
bad,

If you'd been anally raped, your anus would hurt like hell.

This is NOT an hiv situation. Please see your therapist about this. There is nothing more we can do for you here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline badblood

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2007, 07:20:38 pm »
if I had been raped there would have been blood in my underwear which there wwas not. There were crap stains. Also if I had been drugged would of I been coherent for the entire hour before I went to sleep. Someone told me your body loosens up if you are drugged there u might not know. This caused anxiety. Sorry.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2007, 07:23:30 pm »
Blood,

I agree with Ann 100%. If you'd been anally raped you would know about it.

MtD

Offline badblood

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2007, 07:45:59 pm »
so it was totally a no isk situation

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2007, 07:50:55 pm »
Look Blood,

If you think we're going to dole out yes/no answers to every scenario you think up, you've got another thing coming matey.

We've answered your questions, none of which constitute an HIV risk and you've been asked to read the Welcome Thread which contains links to our lessons on HIV testing and transmission. Those lessons contain all the information you need about HIV.

If you can't deal with your irrational fears surrounding HIV then you need to get yourself the assistance of a mental health professional. We cannot provide you with that sort of support.

No matter what you might think, HIV is not lurking around every corner waiting to get you.

Move on.

MtD

Offline badblood

Bite
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2007, 03:33:00 am »
The other night I was drunk and thrown out of a club. Apparently I bit the bouncer do not remember should I test is this a risk. I have no recollection.

Offline Matty the Damned

Re: Bite
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2007, 03:37:06 am »
Blood,

Please keep all your additional thoughts, questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us to follow your story and give you the most accurate advice.

If you can't find you original thread click on the red link I've provided above. Alternatively you can click on the "show own posts" link in the left hand column of any forums page.

Your questions will not be answered until you return to your original thread.

MtD

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2007, 03:57:26 am »
Badblood

I have just merged your threads...seems we got there at the same time so I will delete your last post.

Again this is a no risk situation, from reading your posting history you seem to have a problem with drinking and anger...I hope you are still getting help if this is the case.

NO RISK..move on.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline badblood

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2007, 11:24:42 am »
I realize i need help with drinking, but I just want to make that my having bit a bouncer while in an altercation is not a risk and does not require testing. I am going nuts. I do not even remember, but the bouncer said I bit him.

Offline badblood

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2007, 01:18:08 pm »
can someone else please comment

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2007, 01:32:16 pm »
bad,

Sooner or later you're going to have to come to grips with the fact that hiv isn't as easily transmitted as you seem to think. It just isn't going to happen during the course of a street-brawl, regardless of biting, scratching or hair-pulling. You've been coming here for five months now and you should have learned enough by now to understand this.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple! Hiv is not lurking around every corner, waiting to jump inside your body and infect you. Wear condoms for intercourse and you can stop this ceaseless, unwarranted worrying.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline badblood

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2007, 09:28:31 am »
so even though i bit the guy(breaking skin) this is not risk and I need to move on?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2007, 09:34:30 am »
Just another one of your non-risk scenarios.

You've come up with enough of these episodes now to convince that your problem is not HIV. It's excessive drinking and you need to get yourself some help with before you get into further and more serious trouble.

There are programs you can look into as well as working with a counselor or other mental health professional. And I wouldn't wait if I were you.

This is not an HIV situation but it's nothing to be taken lightly.

Andy Velez

Offline badblood

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2007, 09:49:00 am »
Andy I am getting help for the drinking, but my bitting incident did occur and you are saying this not a risk? Please regard the situation not previous posts. Thank you and sorry.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2007, 10:11:13 am »
HIV is not transmitted through biting. You do not need to test.

Keep going the way you are and you are going to end up dead, however. You go out, you get stoned and drunk. You pick fights with bouncers and lose.

HIV isn't going to be what kills you, rather it'll be some 6'8" 380lbs bloke at the door of a sleazy club when you bite or scratch one too many times.

Regards,

MtD

Offline badblood

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2007, 03:33:39 pm »
so even if I broke the bouncers skin I can let this go. This not a risk? Last time  asking

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2007, 03:51:52 pm »
It's not a risk.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.