Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:26:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 226
Total: 226

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: iPad, now with wings!  (Read 33062 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: iPad, now with wings!
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2010, 04:26:18 am »
After getting a cash bonus for 15 years at my job I decided to do something crazy and indulgent and bought a iPad. This is my first Apple product and it took some time to download iTunes and transfer music and photos. So far it is exceeding my expectations, in fact so I think it is going to almost replace my laptop. It is very convenient for browsing the net and viewing pictures and movies. I love reading books and news... comics are particularly awesome. The keyboard is much more functional than I thought it would be and the battery really does appear to last 10 hours. So far the only negatives are 1) it is rather heavy to hold in one hand while reading, and 2) removing fingerprints is a pain.

My partner, who is so newbie he just got his first email address last week, was so impressed by how handy and easy to use this iPad is he is going to buy mine and I am going to get a 3G model when they come out.

The new IPhone OS4 just came out on the 8th, and as the iPad runs on the same OS you will be able to multitask by next Fall.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/08/iphone-os-4-not-coming-to-the-ipad-until-the-fall/

Along with iChat front facing camera

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/09/ichat-video-with-front-facing-camera-evidence-mounts-in-iphone-o/

You should have your BF wait until then -- better yet, give him your current one and buy the next revision for yourself, which is what I'm going to do. :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 04:30:53 am by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2010, 12:23:57 pm »
I finally figured out how to print from my iPad.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2010, 12:26:52 pm »
So you got one?  I was in Best Buy yesterday and so I fiddled around with one for 15 minutes or so.  I *really* want one but won't get it until they have Rev. B models with web cams for Skyping.

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2010, 12:29:38 pm »
Yep, go back to reply 49 of this thread.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2010, 12:36:25 pm »
After getting a cash bonus for 15 years at my job I decided to do something crazy and indulgent and bought a iPad. This is my first Apple product and it took some time to download iTunes and transfer music and photos. So far it is exceeding my expectations, in fact so I think it is going to almost replace my laptop. It is very convenient for browsing the net and viewing pictures and movies. I love reading books and news... comics are particularly awesome. The keyboard is much more functional than I thought it would be and the battery really does appear to last 10 hours. So far the only negatives are 1) it is rather heavy to hold in one hand while reading, and 2) removing fingerprints is a pain.

My partner, who is so newbie he just got his first email address last week, was so impressed by how handy and easy to use this iPad is he is going to buy mine and I am going to get a 3G model when they come out.

Oh, sorry I somehow missed this post Ford.  Well, good for you -- I really want one, even the current model.  I'm just making my excuse to wait because I also need to replace my 5 year old iMac so that really should come first.  My thinking is after that I'll get an iPad and they should have web cams by next year.  I also think that instead of a cell phone with a data plan I'll just get the most el-cheapo phone possible, maybe even one without a monthly plan that you pay by the minute.  I've gotten so I don't ever use my monthly allotment as it is, and if I have Skype on the iPad I'd rather use that.

decisions, decisions!

Oh, and having been an Apple-holic since forever, can you believe that I've never owned an iPod?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 12:40:20 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2010, 04:32:48 pm »
Never had an iPod either. And totally mac here. Nor do i have an iPhone.
I just bought a flac player. Since I legally rip off (aware of the oxymoron but thats the situation in Switzerland) all my music as FLAC.

I heard you can flash your Ipod or Iphone somehow to make wifi calls on a ghost platform.  
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/25/technology/personaltech/25pogue.html?src=me&ref=technology

When that all gets sorted out I'd love to get one.  Otherwise currently you pay a premium for IPhone service and I'm not into mobile aps, at all.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 06:28:37 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2010, 10:17:00 am »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2010, 02:39:07 pm »
It's amazing that this is selling at more than twice the rate of the iPhone, though of course the verdict is out on how long it will chug along at this rate.  Not to mention that it just entered markets overseas, and IIRC the iPhone took longer to sold outside of the US.

source

Apple announced Monday that it had reached a new milestone with its iPad, selling two million devices in less than 60 days.

The latest announcement shows that Apple is selling one million iPads a month, an average of nearly 35,000 a day. The iPhone, which went on sale in mid-2007, took 74 days to reach one million sales.

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2010, 10:55:07 am »
They are selling like hotcakes. Two people at work, plus my partner, have bought iPads after playing with mine so Apple needs to send me a commission check. :)

My partner, the flight attendant, has been taking his iPad on trips an really loves it. He is all about free stuff and has been downloading free novels and reading them on his trips. Today he is in India and we talked for an hour (again, free!). This is kind of a big deal for us because up until now we didn't communicate at all when he was on trips, which last several days. Now that he has the iPad I am getting regular emails and we are talking with Skype. Of course you don't need an iPad to do these things but what is different is the iPad is small enough for him to carry, simple enough for him to operate, and has a screen large enough to see without his reading glasses.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2010, 11:01:04 am »
They are selling like hotcakes. Two people at work, plus my partner, have bought iPads after playing with mine so Apple needs to send me a commission check. :)

My partner, the flight attendant, has been taking his iPad on trips an really loves it. He is all about free stuff and has been downloading free novels and reading them on his trips. Today he is in India and we talked for an hour (again, free!). This is kind of a big deal for us because up until now we didn't communicate at all when he was on trips, which last several days. Now that he has the iPad I am getting regular emails and we are talking with Skype. Of course you don't need an iPad to do these things but what is different is the iPad is small enough for him to carry, simple enough for him to operate, and has a screen large enough to see without his reading glasses.

I actually fell for the bad rap it was getting in the tech focused media, but honestly after having seen one in action...I would love one for my birthday or christmas although I don't know if I would go out and buy it for myself just yet.  Isn't there a next gen one planned to come out that does something else?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2010, 11:36:20 am »
Isn't there a next gen one planned to come out that does something else?

As a decades old Mac user it's my opinion that one should never purchase until the "Revision B" unit comes out.  If you followed tech columns you will have heard about the next generation iPhone that turned up in the wild by accident, and seeing as how the iPad and iPhone share operating systems it's likely that the next version will have either a camera or web cam that will enable video Skype abilities.  For this reason (aside from the fact that my computer died last month and I had to scrape money up for a new one) I won't get an iPad until the next version.  And this isn't speculation -- hidden in the current software development kit is an interface for a camera :) plus I'm sure once done there will be a more Steve Job-ish Skype-like application built in.  Also, there will be multitasking when the 4.0 version of the OS comes out.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2010, 02:33:52 pm »
As a decades old Mac user it's my opinion that one should never purchase until the "Revision B" unit comes out.  If you followed tech columns you will have heard about the next generation iPhone that turned up in the wild by accident, and seeing as how the iPad and iPhone share operating systems it's likely that the next version will have either a camera or web cam that will enable video Skype abilities.  For this reason (aside from the fact that my computer died last month and I had to scrape money up for a new one) I won't get an iPad until the next version.  And this isn't speculation -- hidden in the current software development kit is an interface for a camera :) plus I'm sure once done there will be a more Steve Job-ish Skype-like application built in.  Also, there will be multitasking when the 4.0 version of the OS comes out.

I went to buy my 3G one this weekend (got a good amount of apple gift cards from my co-workers as I left to my new job/position --giving my wi-fi based to one of my siblings), but both Miami stores were completely sold out.  I guess I'll just wait until the next update comes out. I don't particularly care for the video cam (never use it on my iMac or MacBook), but I'm sure that there will be some other enhancements matching the upgrades that the iPhone is getting.

I do find it pretty amazing that people are buying this gadget at this pace (faster than the iPhone?).  Aren't we supposed to be still going through financial hard times?   
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2010, 11:59:44 pm »
So now they're available in switzerland and suddenly many students have them. I asked them why and they said, just for fun. Or, its smaller than my laptop.

Funny how Apple has become the greatest success selling ipods, iphones and now this.  Expensive glamour gadgets.  

I'm surprised how small it is. Smaller than I'd like it to be, actually.

I love my mac computers, always have.

Still dont have an ipod, iphone or ipad.  Never bought a tune on itunes.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2010, 04:45:40 am »
I just installed this handy app. on the phone & pad. Is also available for different platforms.

http://www.epocrates.com/products/rx/?cid=TEMERPOSTDLIPHONERX&et_cid=13798532&et_rid=4031279

Key Features
Epocrates Rx for iPhone OS includes:
•   Medication information — Review continually updated prescribing and safety information on over 3,300 branded and generic prescription drugs, plus hundreds of over-the-counter products
•   InteractionChecker — tap the "Interactions" tab and enter up to 30 drugs to check for interactions
•   Pill ID — Identify a mystery drug by tapping the "Pill ID" tab and entering its physical characteristics such as color and size.
•   MedMath — dozens of useful medical calculators, including BMI, pregnancy wheel and unit conversion
•   Search by Class — Search for a drug by its name or tap “Browse Drugs, Diseases, Labs…” and choose “Drug by Class” to find a drug by its classification.
•   DocAlert® messages — timely clinical news appears each time you sync
•   Mobile Resource Centers —Save time with handheld access to the latest and most significant clinical news and research in medical conditions or specialties. Access them in your "More" tab now!
•   Formularies — click on "My Account" at www.epocrates.com and select "Edit Formularies" to add free health plan, hospital, and Medicare Part D insurance formularies
•   Tables/Calcs — Additional association guidelines, references and medical calculators to help you every day

Offline elf

« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2010, 10:15:23 am »

Still dont have an ipod, iphone or ipad.  Never bought a tune on itunes.
Same here. :)
They're just too expensive for what they are. :)

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2010, 04:36:41 pm »
I got my first smartphone recently: an EVO 4G through Sprint. I didn't really want a new phone but I accidentally dropped my old phone in the toilet and killed it. The main reason I chose the EVO is because it has a 4G wifi hotspot so I can access the internet with my iPad (I was shocked to discover Greensboro has 4G service). It is amazing all the stuff this thing can do: it's a GPS, a 8 megapixil camera, a hi-def camcorder, a MP3 player, a FM radio, you can watch TV show and movies... these smartphones are pretty amazing. My partner wasn't impressed until I showed him how it can scan a bar code of a product in a store and tell you competing prices around town and on the web-- then he went into bargain hunter nirvana. My favorite feature is the GPS because when I go running or hiking it tells me how far I have gone, how fast, the elevation and, most importantly, how to return to the car. I know that all this stuff is nothing new to those of your who have iPhones, Droids and such but even texting is new to me.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2010, 04:54:33 pm »
Ah so you go the mobile hot spot add on, Ford?  With the required phone service for that I think the monthly total is $110 (plus taxes) so you better both be scanning a lot of bar codes to see any bargain.

Also, should I assume you also checked out the Samsung Epic 4G which comes out in nine days at Sprint?

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2010, 07:07:29 pm »
Ah so you go the mobile hot spot add on, Ford?  With the required phone service for that I think the monthly total is $110 (plus taxes) so you better both be scanning a lot of bar codes to see any bargain.

Also, should I assume you also checked out the Samsung Epic 4G which comes out in nine days at Sprint?

I've been eying the Samsung Galaxy, but I may just hold out until they make the Iphone 4 not suck and 4G

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2010, 11:21:17 pm »

You are right about the cost, it does come out to be about $110. With my previous arrangement through Verizon I was paying $40 for a phone without data and $60 for a wireless USB 3G modem which didn't work with the iPad. So for $10 more I get unlimited 4G on my phone and iPad and I don't have to carry a modem. I'm so good at rationalizing spending money!

I didn't consider the Samsung because I didn't want to go without a phone that long. I had to wait a week to get the EVO.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2010, 11:36:52 pm »

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2010, 11:47:48 pm »
You can save money if you do this:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/16355/android_tethering

Interesting! I wonder if I could get it to work with the iPad.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2010, 08:50:34 pm »
Interesting! I wonder if I could get it to work with the iPad.

I'm sure you could with a Slate!

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2010, 10:43:30 am »
***contemplates***

http://www.line2.com/ipod_ipad.aspx

Line2 turns your iPod Touch* and iPad into a powerful mobile phone, no cellular carrier needed! With Line2 you get unlimited US/Canada calls over WiFi VoIP plus unlimited US/Canada texting. International long distance rates starting at $.02/min. and texts are only $.10.

Line2 also gives you powerful calling features, including 20 person conference calls, caller ID, visual voicemail, and much more for only $9.95/month all with no long term contracts. And with Line2 when you're traveling overseas you can make free calls back to the US and Canada wherever you have a WiFi connection.

Just download Line2 to your iPod Touch or iPad and pick a number, setup your current Toktumi number, or port your existing number for free. You can start making and receiving calls and texts in a minute. Start your free trial today!

Offline Hoover

« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2010, 09:21:42 pm »
I hate technology but my partner loves it and makes me learn it...
He bought the i-pad and loves it! I have used it and love it also as it came with 652 books installed. We can use the i-pad anywhere and it frees us from the office.
Imagine having your office with you every where you go, if you choose to use it....
In the past few months I have been forced into using an i-phone and a mac computer and now the i-pad...
Fighting technology is a loosing battle, just embrace it.

Hoover
Infection date: March 16, 2010
20/05/10 - CD4 348  VL 58,000  Lymph nodes in jaw painful!  Antioxidants started.
01/06/10 - CD4 428  VL?
24/06/10 - CD4 578  VL 9,800
13/07/10 - CD4 620  VL?
04/09/10 - CD4 648  VL?
01/11/10 - CD4 710  VL?   CD8 972
16/12/10    CD4 738  VL?  CD8  896   
02/02/11    CD4 520 (month of parasites and new lab)
14/03/11 started Truvida and Sustiva (Efavirenz)
04/07/11 CD4 686 VL 75 CD8 588  41%
10/10/11 CD4 757  45%  VL UD

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2010, 12:55:01 pm »
And this, dear readers, is why I waited to buy an iPad:

Reuters: iPad 2 Has Two Cameras, Better Display, Coming Early Next Year

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2010, 03:41:15 pm »
And this, dear readers, is why I waited to buy an iPad:

Reuters: iPad 2 Has Two Cameras, Better Display, Coming Early Next Year

Ooh chile... glad I've been holding off as well.  So far I've accumulated like $350 worth of gift cards to the Apple store from my co-workers; as soon as this baby gets released I'm buying.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2010, 09:54:48 pm »
I hear Santa has gotten quite mad
at a hacker Elf with his iPad
who stole all his lists
WikiLeaks now insists
they’ll publish who’s good and who’s bad.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2011, 02:13:41 pm »
Ipad 2 specs and video demo now up on http://www.apple.com/

Here's an executive summary of Wednesday's Apple press conference:

• The iPad 2, available in the US from 11 March and in Europe from 25 March, is 33% thinner and 0.2 pounds lighter than its months-old predecessor. It has front and rear-facing cameras, comes in both white and black, and will cost the same as the first-generation iPad. It uses a dual-core processor, which makes it faster than the original iPad, and has the same 10-hour battery life.

• Steve Jobs, Apple's indefatigable chief executive currently on a medical leave of absence, took to the stage, shocking a usually unshockable technology world to its core.

• A new version of Apple's operating system, iOS 4.3, will be released for the iPhone, iPad and fourth-generation iPod Touch, later this month. It will include improved Safari browser performance, improvements for AirPlay and new iMovie and Garageband apps for the iPad.

• Random House is newly signed-up to Apple's iBooks store, bringing 17,000 ebooks with it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:30:58 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2011, 02:52:33 pm »
Very nice! I like they made it thinner and lighter. My iPad can get heavy holding it in one hand to read. The front facing camera is a necessary addition and the HD camera is cool but I wonder if it would be awkward recording with such a large device. Including iMovie software makes a lot of sense. My partner and I might sell his iPad and get the newer version for him so we can video chat when he is on trips. He has never been into computers at all but uses the iPad ALL the time.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2011, 04:06:07 pm »
fyi, Apple is now clearing out stock of the original iPad, so if you want a bargain it's now $399 for a new unit and $349 for a refurbished one.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2011, 06:29:40 pm »
fyi, Apple is now clearing out stock of the original iPad, so if you want a bargain it's now $399 for a new unit and $349 for a refurbished one.

How much will the new one cost?  599?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2011, 06:34:52 pm »
How much will the new one cost?  599?

No, they start at $499 -- Apple isn't raising the price for iPad 2 over what they originally charged for the original iPad.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2011, 06:41:06 pm »
No, they start at $499 -- Apple isn't raising the price for iPad 2 over what they originally charged for the original iPad.

Ok I just didn't know what the original price was.  Wasn't there like a suped up model for 899?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2011, 07:34:10 pm »
Ok I just didn't know what the original price was.  Wasn't there like a suped up model for 899?

Their product line always has upper options (increased storage, etc.).  So with the iPad there's the basic WiFi-only model and then the WiFi+3G model.  Each of these models then have 3 GB storage options, 16, 32 and 64.

The cheapest option then is WiFi only with 16 GB of storage for $499; the most expensive is the WiFi+3G with 64GB of storage for $829 (plus extra monthly for the 3G service from either at&t or Verizon)

link

Offline poz1970

« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2011, 09:16:03 pm »
I finally figured out how to print from my iPad.

wonder if that works!

"The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to  heterosexuals. That doesn`t mean that God doesn`t love heterosexuals. It`s just that they need more supervision." -- Lynn Lavne

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2011, 08:37:46 am »
So I am a bit embarrassed to admit this publicly but I stood in line for 2 hours yesterday and got the new iPad. I wasn't planning on getting one but my younger brother said he was hoping to get my old one for his 6 year old son. There are a lot of children's books and apps apparently.

So I lined up with about 100 other people at Best Buy. I figured buying it at Best Buy I would at least get reward points. I had never stood in line for a product before and it wasn't the geek fest I was anticipating, mainly just average men and women across the age spectrum. A sales associate came down the line asking which model we each wanted and handing out cards so people would not be waiting for a model that was sold out, which I thought was considerate. I got the white, wifi 64 GB model which the sales associate said was the least popular. People wanted the 16 GB. I got the green cover.

On the way home I drove past the Apple Store and there was a HUGE line down the sidewalk of people still waiting to get in.

The new model is appreciably thinner and a little lighter and is more comfortable to hold in your hand. I have noticed that it is significantly faster, especially when opening programs and typing. With my old iPad if I typed very quickly there was a bit of a lag. The new magnetic smart covers are very handy. I thought i would like the leather covers but the neoprene have a more pleasing feel and i like the brighter colors. I haven't had time to play with the cameras yet.

I am looking forward to seeing my nephew's face when his dad hands him the iPad.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 08:39:29 am by GSOgymrat »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2011, 12:01:27 pm »
Hey Ford thanks for all the info. I'm going out tomorrow to check it out. I know they start out at 499 and go all the way up to 800. What's the diff? Oh, and would I be able to transfer files from my old PC to the IPad?

Offline Cliff

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2011, 12:57:19 pm »
I've decided to finally get one!  Not sure when they're out in the UK and I'm trying to convince my job to get us one!  I did a test drive at the new flagship store in London the other day and quite liked them.  Still not convinced what I will do with it (that I don't do with a laptop plus Iphone), but oh well....we'll see!

Roll on bonus season!

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2011, 04:47:42 pm »
Hey Ford thanks for all the info. I'm going out tomorrow to check it out. I know they start out at 499 and go all the way up to 800. What's the diff? Oh, and would I be able to transfer files from my old PC to the IPad?

Prices differ depending on the amount of memory and whether you want I wifi only or need 3G. The 3G requires a monthly contract with either AT&T or Verizon. They have a black and white models, which is the same price.

WiFi version: 16GB ($500), 32GB ($600), and 64GB ($700)
3G version: 16GB ($630), 32GB ($730), and 64GB ($830)

Almost any file formats-- photo, video, music, document-- will work on iPad. You transfer files through a USB, which is included, using iTunes on your PC. It is fairly intuitive.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2011, 04:49:13 pm »

Did you get one, honey?  Let's hear the review!

Offline randym431

« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2011, 09:37:49 am »
Well originally they offered the ipad 3G with unlimited data AT&T service for $25. That "unlimited" didn't last long.
BTW, HP has a new line of "AirPrint" printers that you can print to from smart phones and ipads. The printer actually has an email address so anyone with your printers email address can send print to your printer. Naturally I had to try the HP Envy 100 D410a. Why I will never know. I rarely print, especially from my phone or pad. And all I need is some creep writing my printers email address on some restroom wall.
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2011, 10:47:07 pm »
My best friend, who lives in Los Angeles, sent me this story with the comment "I continue to be mortified by where you choose to live."

'White Ninja' Steals Car, Smashes Into Greensboro Apple Store

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/06/03/white-ninja-steals-car-smashes-into-greensboro-apple-store/

MyFOX8.com reports that a man wearing what was referred to by witnesses as a "white ninja suit" crashed a car into Apple's Friendly Center retail store in Greensboro, North Carolina this morning. The incident appears to have been a robbery attempt, although the man reportedly fled the scene without stealing anything.
Police described the suspect as a white male wearing a white shirt and hooded mask. According to 107.5 KZL, a security guard said the suspect was wearing a white ninja suit.

Police said the car involved in the accident was reported stolen around 6 a.m

Offline carousel

« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2011, 01:38:43 pm »

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2011, 02:09:09 pm »
New exclusive preview...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LAhP-yLJJ9s

Neat tricks! I was even more impressed with the monochromic decor of his apartment. Love it!

Check out the new preview of Windows 8 (watch the video). I love the style and think the interface would be practical. They are obviously focusing on tablets and touch screens.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/01/microsoft-unveils-windows-8-tablet-prototypes/?fb_ref=article&fb_source=profile_multiline

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #94 on: June 12, 2011, 02:20:06 pm »
windowsLOL

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.