Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:39:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 352
Total: 353

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP ME !THANKS!  (Read 9801 times)

Offline pwzms

PLEASE HELP ME !THANKS!
« on: August 11, 2007, 12:21:43 pm »
I have had a dangerous sex 29days ago.
I want to ask the expert to evaluate my risk,extremely thanks!!!!!!!

1 my finger inserts the vagina, on the finger has had the slightbroken skin, but does not have to  bleed .Insertion time probably 10 seconds .

2. On my finger has the vagina fluid , and contacted on the bodywound on my leg with this finger

3 having sex, with the condom, I were the male,she is a girl ,have the vagina sex.

i want to Ask the expert separately to evaluate these 3 risks, extremely thanks!!!,I now extremely am panic!

on the 15th days,  i found that under the jaw there were two lymph nodes, continues to the present .I 24th days have made the examinationagain,its ok. asked, if on the 15th day i discovered lymph node ( I did not know whether before I did have the lymph node , time which discovered is 15th days), on the 24th day i make the test,it was ok, whether i can thought the lymph node is not because of hiv? Now, the lymph nodes has not vanished

Extremely thanks, anxiously hopes the reply I now extremely am panic

Offline RapidRod

Re: PLEASE HELP ME !THANKS!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 12:36:27 pm »
You did not have a risk in any of the situations that you have mentioned. Please read the lesson on transmission. The link can be found in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline pwzms

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 01:40:33 pm »
thank u very much!!!!!!!!!!!
now i feel good,  Thanks once more !!!!!!!!

Offline pwzms

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 02:03:32 pm »
execuse me ,i have already read the lesson,but i want to ask more,

i mentioned my finger has slightbroken,and insert this finger to the Vagina for ablout 10seceonds by this finger.the finger did  not bleed,its means that i can not see the bleed,but i do not know
whether there is Blood capillary or other things i can not see.  in brief, it appeared  not bleeding .i can see no blood on my finger.do i have any risks?

in this situation.is it necessary for me to be panic or to have test 42 days later ?

thanks!

Offline englishgirl

• ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 03:49:03 pm »
you are not at risk from the encounter you described. you have no need to test.
ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN:
http://campaigning.tht.org.uk/cms/cmsloader?WfJVLp&view=11,301,1385,0,-html

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=17352.0

"I'm not keen on the idea of the afterlife - not without knowing who else will be there and what the entertainment will be. Personally I'd rather just take a rest." Oscar Berger, PWA: Looking AIDS in the Face, 1996. RIP.

Offline pwzms

can hiv-1 o&n be tested out ?????
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 04:50:23 am »
hello !
i had being tested  on the 30th days.it's ok.

i heard about the hiv1- o   and  hiv1-n  can not be tested out . is it really????

i am in china. they use the third party Reagent . (yap) or (pa).

i am very worried about it .

please help me ! thanks!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: can hiv-1 o&n be tested out ?????
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 05:03:03 am »
You should keep all your additional thoughts, questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us follow your story and give you the most accurate advice.

If you cannot find your original thread, click the red link I've provided above. Alternatively click on the "show own posts" link in the left hand column of any forums page. Your questions will not be answered until you return to your original thread.

Thank you.

MtD

Offline pwzms

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 05:22:11 am »
hello !
"i am really sorry that i start a new thread. i do not know before ,and i will do not do that any more.
 should i kill the new thread?but i do not know how to kill it"

my new questions:
i had being tested  on the 30th days.it's ok.

i heard about the hiv1- o   and  hiv1-n  can not be tested out . is it really?

i am in china. they use the third party Reagent . (yap) or (pa).

i am very worried about it .

please help me ! thanks!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 05:25:11 am »
Thank you for returning to your original thread. A moderator will delete the second thread or merge it into this one.

Given that you had no risk in the first place, you don't need to be concerned about things such as HIV1-o and HIV1-n, your negative result is conclusive.

You do not have HIV.

MtD

Offline pwzms

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 05:37:52 am »
thank u very much.
i think i now have some Psychology problems.i even worry about the testing Process .
can u tell me hiv1 o&n can be tested out by the third party Reagent (they use yap and pa)?

thanks once more!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 05:47:57 am »
Pwz,

A 3rd generation test will detect all forms of HIV-1. You don't need to concern yourself with HIV1-n or HIV1-o or anything else like that.

That said, you don't need to worry about the test you had. You have not been exposed to HIV, therefore you don't need to test at all.

You don't have HIV.

MtD

Offline pwzms

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 06:28:15 am »
thank u mtd!!!

u give me confidence! thank u!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 08:29:16 am »
I've merged your threads. Keep all of your entries in this same thread.

I'll just add my voice to what has already been said. You were absolutely not at risk for transmission and no testing was/is needed. However, your intense reaction in categorizing what you did as "dangerous sex" means you need to become better informed about the basics of HIV transmission. Read our lesson on the subject which covers the basics. As long as you always use a condom for intercourse, whether vaginal or anal, you are essentially covered as far as HIV and sex is concerned. The other so-called risks sexually are more theoretical than actual.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline pwzms

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 12:17:08 pm »
hello cheers,thank u very much .i now feel better .and my symptoms is disappearing !perhaps i really have some problems with my mentality.

i want to ask some other question,perhaps its not  for me,but for many other people,they ask me to ask these question to foreign experts and friend.and please execuse my poor english.i am from chinese,in chinese forums(about hiv),we could find some people have continuous symptoms,they have test negative,but the symptoms are very manifest and very fearful,and they did exanmination  althrouh their body,but they got no reason. yet badly their cd4 down to 300 in several month.their  horor symptoms made them can not go to work and live normally.And this phenomena made many people got panic.becasue chinese experts and doctors told that ,they can not test hiv1-n &o by the 3th generation ,but they said hiv1-n is not epidemic in chinese.lots of people asked,since it can not be tested how they know it are not epidemic? people with continuous symptoms got panic and doubt that whether they have infection of hiv1-n.But chinese expert told us ,we are no need to worry about it ,they are only in african  .should we believe it?

i do not know, in other countries ,do a standard blood test include the hiv1-n? is it same to the test in chinese?(mtd told me it could ,i do not know whether it is the same to chinese)
and i really do not know is the hiv1-n very very rare ? should we forget it(hiv1-n) and come back to our life after 42 days' negative test?a great deal of people hope that they could get rid of this nightmare!

thanks,all the friends and experts!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 01:58:35 pm »
pw,

It is hiv-2 that is usually only found in West African countries and those countries where West African immigrants live.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Chinese medical authorities did not test for hiv-2. Hiv-2 is fairly rare.

There are many other illnesses that can make a person feel unwell. If someone tests hiv negative after three months, then they ARE hiv negative.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline pwzms

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 03:41:27 am »
hi,
i now still have some symptoms which make me so unhappy and upset.my two lymph nodes beneath the jaw did did not disappear.

and i now perhaps have some mental problems,and worry about lot of environmental things,for example some dust or damp dust into my eyes,or my skin broken contacting some dirty things.i live with anxiety and horror everyday.i have self —created suspicion .but i can not get rid of it.

perhaps a normally person or u would jeer me,i have read the lessons,but i really feel difficult to get rid of my shadow.perhaps my horror is from my ignorance.

can u tell me in this world ,is there any example of infection caused by environmental factors?for instance some dust (with thimbleful,very very little blood which is not eyeable) in to eyes or  the wound contacting dirty thing with virus,or any other ways?

i always think about that ,if the environmental things had very little blood on it ,not eyeable,and if my eyes or wound contact these things,may this situation be a risk?before i  was concerned about hiv,i never think about this questions.

and my last question is :if one drop of blood(with hiv)  exposed in air ,in environmetal surrounding,how long time could make the virus lost its ability to infect?  if one drop of blood ,mix one drop of water, or little  water,how long would the virus lost ablility to infect?can the dust with little hiv blood water make infection?

please forgive me ,but i really have shaows in my mind ,and suffer the pain everyday.can u answer my questions and give some suggestions?

thanks very much!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 04:56:52 am »
HIV is not airborne it's blood borne and no you do not get infected from environmental surfaces.

Offline pwzms

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 05:38:22 am »
thanks u rapidrod, for your response!
i do not know how to get rid of my shadows..
can u tell me ,if one drop of blood(with hiv)  exposed in air ,in environmetal surrounding,how long time could make the virus lost its ability to infect?  if one drop of blood ,mix one drop of water, or little  water,how long would the virus lost ablility to infect?can the dust with little hiv blood water make infection?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 05:52:39 am »
Reread my previous reply.

Offline pwzms

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007, 11:45:13 pm »
thank u rapid, u mean anyway ,it can't be tansmit by surface,despite there is blood or dust or something with blood spot ????

something happened yesterday made me confused and upset again:  please assess!

after i come back home last night i scratched my pimple by my finger ,that made the pimple broken  and bled(a little)!!  i did not worry about that before i found there was some blood blot on my hands(i am absolutely sure the blood blot was not mine! and  i also found some blood blot on my self-phone)
the blood spot looked  like dry,but i did not very sure whether it is completely dry!
i know i would never contact the blood blot on my way home,so i must contact it at my workplace.so ,it must be on my hand and phone for at least 35 minutes.
the situation is :
1.my hands must contact the blood blot,very very little blood that i do not feel it ,but i can see it ,very thin.
2.the blood stay on my hands for at least 30 minutes ,exposed in air ,but it rains ,so my hands probably was wet.
3.the blood appeared dry because it is very thin,or it is drying,but i am not sure.
4.it rains so perhaps the blood mixed the water on my hands,so it  become diluent that i can not see it.
5.i use the hand to scratch my skin and pimple ,which made a small wound and bled very little.
6.before i scratched my pimple i had wiped my hand with dry towel,but i did not sure my hands is completely dry.

my question is : when a nearly dry blood blot(looks like dry,but not sure,because my hand is damp) exposed in air for 30 minutes ,and contact my bleeding wound,(just very litte from very small wound,but it actually bled) ,can this be a risk?
is the test necessary? i need a conclusive answer.

exetemely thanks to all the experts!!!

i am sorry i ask  these bothering questions ,but only u can make me move on,and let me feel better.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2007, 04:23:59 am »
pw,

Hiv is NOT transmitted in the environment! It is primarily transmitted INSIDE the body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. That means you'd be at risk if you put your PENIS INSIDE another person's body without a condom on your penis.

We can indeed make you move on - by giving you a time out.

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline pwzms

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 08:24:16 am »
HI  EXPERTS.
i am  not afraid of hiv now ,i am negative.
but i am nearly crazy now.
the reason i came back is looking for help about other things,please forgive me say other things in my thread ,but i really have no idea and became extremly upset!

i now worry about the rabies.but not a bite!the detail is very complicated .i wont say it in this forum.
the doctor in my country can not give me answer. so i write letter to some foreign expert,but no response.

i can not find any  answer and became extremely upset and panic.
i beg u that ,if u know some forum ,like this, professional and gracious ,please tell me ,or if u know some experts about rabies ,rabies virus,or rabies vaccine,please tell me ,my heath now is very bad ,and perhaps i will die of it ,i am nearly crazy,but do not know where to get help ....

please point a way for me ,where can i get help?

my e-maill   is  :  removed

please!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks,all experts,u are noble-minded.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 04:49:06 am by Ann »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 08:27:05 am »
pw,

This forum is concerned about hiv, not rabies. If you're worried you have rabies, you MUST go to a doctor. We cannot help you with that here.

You are hiv negative and there's nothing more we can do for you here.

You are still under a time-out warning.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 08:28:00 am »
This is an HIV site. We cannot diagnose or treat symptoms here. You need to see a doctor and discuss your concerns.

We can tell you that HIV is not your issue.

Good luck with getting things sorted out in the proper setting.

Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.