Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:50:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 235
Total: 238

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating thread part XXX - damned if you do, damned if you don't  (Read 65977 times)

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
Re: Dating thread part XXX - damned if you do, damned if you don't
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2008, 09:08:36 am »
Good afternoon ladies,

Nothing much to report, just a quiet weekend with work thrown it, i had a long skype talk with my bro, and while downloading music from a sharing site, run across an old friend and roomate of mine. we havent talked in years. guess what i disclosed to him online. he was a total sweetheart about it, I fully trust him to be discrete. Funny enough its the HIV which has kept me from reuniting with this old friend. I hope to see him next time I am home or maybe here if he comes over.

Ann I have never tried Chantix but the older smoking cessation med, Zyban, and its a trip. I couldnt handle it and stopped after 10 days. good that you realized it. About Sally its so tough when the parents are causing trouble, esp if its both of them. but no matter what I am sure you're a positive influence, maybe the effects will take a while, she will probabaly test your limits and try all sorts of things she couldnt do with her folks, b/c they abandoned her. it makes me so sad when people treat their kids wrong like that, and for what?

Cristy sorry I forgot, Happy Birthday to Robert. Hope he was overjoyed with the present.

Keeping hope for some pics too.

Snow, I know how you felt re the ASO. I hope you can take care of the turtle baby, I dont know what to feed them but sure its on the net. If you feed him regularly outside you wont have to keep him in a box, he will come to you from the bushes, but cos its a baby am not sure.

Betty, so you're saying if the person were a woman thing's would be different for you?

well, back to the papers. have a good day everyone, be well
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2008, 10:25:18 am »
Hey ladies,

Company gone.  And yes, Drag, if it were a woman, things would be different.  In fact, I think I might go woman exclusive whether it's relationships or sex.  The man who was here this weekend is just way too needy for me.   He actually left earlier than usual; but that was because I wasn't paying full attention to him.  So, good.  I was hoping he would leave.  I started reading my latest 'Rolling Stone' magazine and he seemed disturbed that I wasn't giving him attention.  Every time he said something to me I just looked up briefly and went 'hmm, yeah.'  So, end of story.

My best relationship was with a woman, and actually, I enjoy sex much more with women than men.  I also enjoy women's company much more than men.  Coming to accept one's sexual identity takes awhile I suppose.

I'm not really tired now.  I do have studying to do, and cleaning up the apartment.   My brother will probably come over tonight and we'll watch episodes 3 & 4 of 'The Wire.'  I'll check back in later.  I hope everyone's doing alright.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2008, 10:31:22 am »
The turtle in my backyard likes bananas and strawberries. The yard is completely fenced so he cant get out unless he/she dug.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2008, 10:37:15 am »
Wini, that's such a cute pic of him/her peeking all shy behind the flower.

*peeking not peaking of course
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2008, 10:43:51 am »
He/she is the most quiet pet I've ever had. Plus I don't have to feed it regularly. Its a wild animal, anything I feed it is a special treat. Also I do not have to look out for poop or clean up poop. He/she does not leave fur anywhere either
It has never bitten us and it is too slow to attack anyone. LOL

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2008, 10:48:03 am »
And they live like forever so no heartache.

Speaking of heartache, Betty I do feel for the poor guy, maybe cos I have been on that end more than once. But you gotta do what you gotta do, I mean there's no point pretending if you're not bothered, better sooner than later. But had I thought you had a thing goin' on...

How's Liz btw?

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2008, 11:06:50 am »
Liz and I still talk, but she has a couple habits I wouldn't do well with.  She's on two meds, that for me anyway as an addict, were very destructive.  I'm no doctor, and I can't say what's not right for one wouldn't be good for another.  It's just a matter of trust for me, I suppose.

Oh trust, Drag, this guy is waaaay too needy for me.  I don't have that kind of patience anymore.  Nor do I spend waking moments tending to a grown person's needs.  I'll do that for my grandkids, but not for a grown-up.  I did tell him he should look into joining a support group, so hopefully he'll be looking in that direction.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2008, 11:28:28 am »
Too bad about Liz. Glad you're being careful though.

About the guy, I have once befriended a poz guy (not romantically) and he drove me nuts with his constant need for reassurance. I mean I was the one who was a foreigner, with not much money at all, without stable employment, and much fewer T cells. His health was perfect except the HIV, he wasn't even fatigued, he was self employed with no major financial concerns, not on meds, he even had a supportive, loving girlfriend. But he was the kind who blocks out everyone else's problems and just sees his own fears and just needs to be constantly calmed down. He wanted to know how long he had to live all the time, like I was with less than 200 T cells and had to keep reassuring him, it got to the state where I had to disconnect from him. If we'd have been romantically involved, would have been way more difficult.
I hate to cause someone heartache though but what can you do...

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2008, 11:40:50 am »
Oh, this guy's employed also, as a machinist (has been one for 30 years).  So I know he makes good money.  He just told me the other day he wrote out a check for a new motorcycle.  He's on meds, but is having no problems.  His reassurance he seems to need isn't for 'how long am I going to live'; rather, just more of attention/ego-building.  Truth be known, I think he got HIV from another man and is now trying to reaffirm to himself that he's not gay.  If that's the case, then he'll need lots of therapy, to accept himself as he is or not.  But I'm not the one for that. 

Anyway, I suppose I should do the dishes and get on with the day.  I'll be back later, definitely.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2008, 11:42:36 am »
Drag- I am happy for you that you ran into an old friend and your disclosure went well, that must have felt so good.  It is nice to find out people that you consider your friends are truly your friends. 
I just brought the turtle down to the pond that is in front of my house, its more like a swamp.  It is actually conservation land(one of the reasons I bought a house in this crappy city) some bog that the state protects and will never build on.  There are snapping turtles in there and I don't want the kids getting used to going up to them AND the last thing I need is something else to take care of :)  I think some of the reason I am not in a good mood is that we have 3 dogs that my SO brought home, the ankle biters a year ago and the pit 2 or more now, that I do most of the work with.  He never asked if I wanted the dogs, I could handle one or maybe both ankle biters by myself but the pit is huge, we have an extra large cage for him and he should really be in the next size up because he is so long and tall.  He can stand up and put his paws on my shoulders with no problem and I am 5'9.  He is really good with the kids but now that it is nice weather, I worry about people being outside when I take him out and him getting away from me.  He is very protective.  The last thing I need is a law suit.

Win-Your turtle is huge compared to the one I found :)  Is that portulaca in the picture next to it?  I love that stuff!

Betty-My fiance that I had broken up with was very needy.  I remember he and I had come home to visit my mother and I found out that my parents were getting divorced, he was down stairs when I was talking to my Mom and when I finally went down to him, he was all upset that I had left him alone?  Could care less that I had just found out my parents were divorcing.  His mother was a raging alcholic and I think that had a lot to do with how he acted,  he ended up passing away in 98 from a drug overdose.  He was a wonderful person though, I named one of the trips after him.   Sounds like you have a great relationship with your brother, I always wished I had siblings but especially a brother.

Ann-I had read your recent postings on your blog.  Wow, I don't blame him for having awful dreams and his moodiness. I have to say you are one strong ass women.  You have to deal with this mothers BS with Sally AND she infected Foxtrot?  I would have no tolerance for that women.  It really amazes me how strong some people can be and how amazingly weak others are.

Keeping-  Whatta you mean?  You had something to do ;) you just weren't in the mood.

Queen- I promise I won't kill anyone, I definately could not do the jail thing  ;D 

I am going to try to attach some pics of the turtle and something else that made me laugh on the way back from the pond.  I hope I am not the only one with a sick sense of humor but tell me what you think of when you see this pic?

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!
Thank goodness for copy and paste, I almost lost this whole thing, I 'll try one pic at a time.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2008, 11:48:19 am »
Please tell me I am not the only one with a sick mind  ;D

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2008, 12:17:56 pm »
LOL Thats even better than the one on the tree in my front yard.

I've called it the upsidedown ass on the tree but I guess it could be a vagina too, or a really small penis.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2008, 12:25:57 pm »
interesting botanic phenomenon... Wonder what it looks like sideways?   :o

LOL just saw yours Wini, wonder if those trees should get together....

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2008, 12:36:57 pm »
LOL funny

I just realised I failed to answer a question. That was portulaca. I think its all dead now.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2008, 01:32:44 pm »
Hello Ladies---

My roomie would be envious of the turtles, she had 2 but when they died, they petrified. She didn't do anything to kill them, that's what happened to them during hibernation. If I could, I would get her some. I still want an iguana. Pretty soon it will be the wild kingdom over here... ;)

Ugh, I hate needy men. I call them clingy. Just cause we like each other don't mean we got to be around each other 24/7...There is the invention called the cell phone. Don't get me wrong, I want a relationship but I want my space too. I'm not for living with a man again.

Betty- I wish you knew how to work Yahoo Messenger, I could send you the Snoop song. I could email it to you if you would give me your email. Oh wait, I think I have it already from my blog. I'll send it to you and a few others. If you don't like the others you can delete them. Just a few songs for us single, vibrant, independent women, not to say that the ones that got men are not. I thought I would be the only one who wore Snow's necklace all the time. I have to do a ritual with it as I have the others I wear and then I will never take it off or let anyone touch it. I love silver and I wear a pentacle(for protection) and a necklace I had bought my Dad before he died. I never take them off except to clean them and redo the spells I have on them. Yeah, it's a Pagan/Witchy thing.. ;) Damn, you kickin it with a member here? I love Silence of the Lambs, I have all the others except that and Hannibal Rising. Ray was a good movie, I liked it. I just watched Beowulf on ppv the other night. I liked that too and will be getting it for my collection.

I am being lazy today. I am suppose to be going to the courthouse to see this probation officer in regards to my son but I think I am going to reschedule because I have the cat scan of my tummy to do and I don't need the stress. I shouldn't think it would be a problem, he rescheduled on me once already and he can call my doctor's office to confirm it.

I'll check back in later.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2008, 02:01:07 pm »
This is just going to be a quick one.  I've gotten the dishes done, the place back in order, and I'm going to take a nap.  I was up at 7:00 this morning and I'm weary.

Yeah Queen, you should have my e-mail from your blog.  And yes, the guy I've been banging is someone on these forums.  If you would like to know, let me know and I'll pm you.  I'm just hoping that when it does end, none of it, should it turn ugly, gets dragged onto these forums.  But if it does, I'll handle myself, of course, like a lady and let the mods do their jobs. 

OK, I'm off to snooze land for awhile.  When I get up, I'll definitely be studying for the final in my class.  Have a good afternoon ladies.

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2008, 02:03:08 pm »
wini, i think you gota tortoise not a turtle...

(they's sensitive to these things, Shelled Ones are)

kate

Offline Veritee

• Post Natal Illness Support
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2008, 02:37:39 pm »
Great tree pictures - had a look at my trees as I live on a smallholing and have quite a few trees, but could find nothing like this - what a pity

Turtles ? You have all lost me again, we do not really keep turtles here and they would never survive outside

- But I have two snakes that I keep in my conservatory. They were my daughters but she has long abandoned them leaving me to look after them ( don't all mothers end up looking after the discarded pets?) Unfortunately I can not let them go as much as I would love to, as they also would never survive in the UK climate

Betty how brave of you to 'bang' someone from here and feel able to take any back lash should it go a bit ugly ( hope it does not)  - it would scare me but then everything scares me right now. But I hope should my husband does die of this thing I will have the courage to bang someone !!!

I start HIV meds tonight - wish me luck, hate the idea of eating this poison and totally scared

Veritee
I have a blog here, please do not judge me on what I say here- I need to offload and this is where I do it: http://hiv-and-us.blogspot.com/

Offline germangirl

« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2008, 02:49:27 pm »
Hey Ladies,
just want to say I did not forget you.
I had a lot of work last week and next week will even be worse.

I am lost in all the posts.

Wish- nice picture.
Drag - All the best for your results.
Betty- Did you smoke again?

today the weather in Germany was nice, so we spent the whole day in our garden and had a barbecue.
Last night we went to dance and came back at 6 o'clock in the morning.
 So I am still tired.

I will check in again tomorrow.

Germangirl
Eres el aire que respiro,
Eres el compania de mi soledad,
Eres el luz que me ilumina,
Eres el camino en la oseuidad.
Dedicated to my husband

My husband is positive, I am negative.

Offline germangirl

« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2008, 02:55:00 pm »
Veritee - Good luck with your meds.
Think about they will help you, try not to consider them as poison. I can imagine it is hard to accept, but they will help you to stay fit.

What combo will you take?

We are thinking about starting the meds too (my husbands last blood work was okay, but the doctor told him, he could start know, it is a hard decision, cause there are pros and cons) . But my husbands wants to start  cause he wants to fight against the virus and the meds will help hiim

Try to consider your meds as your aider in your fight aganist the virus.
Eres el aire que respiro,
Eres el compania de mi soledad,
Eres el luz que me ilumina,
Eres el camino en la oseuidad.
Dedicated to my husband

My husband is positive, I am negative.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2008, 04:53:12 pm »
Veritee, good luck with the meds.  I have been on meds pretty much the whole time I've been poz, save for the first year (1989).  Believe me, they're a lot easier to take than what they used to be.  Like Germangirl said, just think of them as keeping you alive and fighting the battle that's been going on in your body unchecked (until now).  Let us know how you're doing, kay?
  Luv,
Betty

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2008, 05:37:31 pm »
wini, i think you gota tortoise not a turtle...

(they's sensitive to these things, Shelled Ones are)

kate

He/she is a box turtle.
more info:
http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/ReptilesAmphibians/Facts/FactSheets/Easternboxturtle.cfm

We call him/her Fluffy.

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2008, 06:06:42 pm »
apologies to the chelonian,wini, thoughti could see stumpy feet in th picture (leaves, it was, shoulda looked closer)

kate
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 06:09:12 pm by penguin »

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2008, 06:30:36 pm »
Great day. I gave Robert everyone's birthday wishes and his truck. We are exhausted. He is in bed and I will be soon. Here are a couple pictures. I will respond to everyone tomorrow. Cristy Edited to remove photos
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 07:59:31 pm by cjc »

Offline netta

« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2008, 07:04:35 pm »
Hello Ladies, just checking in. no partying at all this weekend. but I did smoke a blunt and got silly.
CJ- your sons Pics are adorable! Is that You int the pic with him ?

Verity- don't stress Out about your new meds, I have done that plenty of times. What I do is write down how I am feeling so if I have any side effects I can have a record of them to tell the doctor. I live alone so I let my family know when I take new meds , so they can check on me, from time to time.
So far so good.
Snow,Betty,Queen, Win, German , Keepinf, Ann,Moon and Drag  shout out to ya!

Betty,I know what you mean about those needy men, I can't deal with them either.

Everyone else, I love my sisters  here, hope you had a nice weekend.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 07:20:06 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2008, 07:10:57 pm »
Thank you, netta. Yes, that is me in the picture with him. It took a while to teach him to sterr so I was helping. Cristy. Here is a face-on picture of me. They dates are wrong. The one of me by myself is a week old. The others were taken today. Cristy    edited to remove photo
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 08:01:12 pm by cjc »

Offline netta

« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2008, 07:12:54 pm »
YOu are so pretty! CJC, where do you live, you look like you have lots of yard and a pretty house.Did you make that cake? it looks so great!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 07:16:53 pm by netta »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2008, 07:18:07 pm »
apologies to the chelonian,wini, thoughti could see stumpy feet in th picture (leaves, it was, shoulda looked closer)

kate

Not a problem Kate - His/her feet are claws with sharp nails for digging. I'd take a picture but he is hard to find most of the time.
He/she will occasionally come to the back door when it is real warm outside but he/she just came out of hibernation so he/she isn't very active yet.

Oh Cristy, that is a fancy birthday gift. He must have been really excited. Hope he doesn't run you over.

Offline netta

« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2008, 07:21:53 pm »
Win, how do you and Queen do all this great stuff on your messages ? the moving pics and all ????

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2008, 07:26:40 pm »
YOu are so pretty! CJC, where do you live, you look like you have lots of yard and a pretty house.Did you make that cake? it looks so great!
                                                                       You are so sweet. We live in North Carolina with my parents on 32 acres. It provides me with a sense of security, and we all get along great. No , I bought the cake at walmart cause I was being lazy. Later.  Cristy         Win, The ride on truck was way beyond my budget but I saved my taxes to buy it for him cause I promised. If he does try to run me over then I will retire the truck for a week and spank his ass. Goodnight ladies.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2008, 07:47:00 pm »
Win, how do you and Queen do all this great stuff on your messages ? the moving pics and all ????

I use picture editors on my computer desktop and a few programs online to edit photos.
I've had some practice over the years and also the benefit of college classes in computer stuff.

Here is a list of a few sites where you can play with images.

http://picasion.com/

http://www.gifworks.com/image_editor.html

http://www.gifninja.com/CreateAGif.aspx

http://www.online-image-editor.com/

http://photobucket.com/

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2008, 08:13:05 am »
Morning ladies,

Cristy, those are some really great pictures.  Robert looks like he's in 7th heaven.  Hopefully he won't run you over (he doesn't have any old resentments does he).  I like that pic of you also.  I wish I had a digital camera, so I could post a recent pic up.  I'll definitely have to remember to ask my bff if she would take one and send it to me next time she's over.

Wendy, when I was a kid I used to have those really small turtles (the 50 cent size).  I don't remember what their names were or anything; I was like 5.

Netta, no parties/wild sex?  Damn.  How much longer will you be in Va Beach? 

Nothing earth shattering planned today.  I'm going to take some movies back to the library, one back to the video store that I rented, and go to Goodwill and look for some curtains.  Tomorrow is my last night of class (until summer's over).  So, I'll be studying for the final exam. 

I can't believe tomorrow night concludes school until the end of summer.  I'm still planning on doing some volunteer work.  My bff is going to talk to a lady at this place called the Hope Rescue Mission (one of the local homeless shelters) to see if she could use a volunteer.  I want to work with people, I don't want to answer phones.  I like to help people who are down on their luck.  Of course, I don't know how much help I'd be, but it's worth a shot.  I can't believe I've been going to school straight through for a year and 1/2.  Before my latest venture with school, I hadn't been in a classroom since 1989 (no, not high school).  School is really a lot more challenging than it was when I was younger.  I hear that from people my agegroup, so thank God it's not just me.

You ladies have a good  morning.  I'll be back this afternoon.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2008, 10:10:38 am »
Morning Ladies---

I had to reschedule with the probation officer. I have my cat scan of my tummy today. He was nice about it and rescheduled, told me I would be getting a letter in the mail. I called my primary doctor cause he had left a message for me on Friday. It seems my liver function or something is elevated which is not good and I assume that the Atripla/Ziagen is the culprit, he wants me to get more blood work done in about a week. My A1C has als went up to 7.2. I guess that was from me not taking my meds for a few but not to worry I am already back on them.

I am not flipping out or anything but I think I am going to need to change meds. Eh, just something else on my plate of woe, I guess. I'll check back in later.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2008, 10:43:55 am »
Hey gfs...How are we today???

Betty: Yes i have to say the letter is very well written...i was even surprised at myself...i let a few peeps read it to feel it out...its very professional and VERY informative...I think he would get fired ...or at the least Extra emabarrassed..esp since the police station and community is soo small..If i dont hear from him by end of the week..(as far as his kids and money)the letters are being mailed..

Well the doc told me not to take the my meds for now and that he had a simpler regime for me (prob Atripla)...but he wont know until friday when i go back and we review my labs..Im hoping there isnt a change at all......( i did take them anyways this weekend)

Great pics everyone

im kinda outta my funk  i guess..i had a good weekend with the kids..we did chuck -e cheese yesterday...but my bf baby mama got mad cus we were late and he dropped his son off at 940..so she made this whole big dumb ass scene talkin bout he hit her and told her son to call the cops...blah blah blah..saying t he judge is goin to hear about this , or whateva,..just real irrational...She is mad bcus she asked him to take her daughter when he got his son and he said no...SHe has a man but i guess she aint happy..she always making comments about me n him "parading around town" or "being all happy"..She better slow her role..i swear if they woulda took him to jail behind her nonsense, there woulda been some ass whooping going on last night..im getting tired of that tramp....

Anyhoo....i think ima half day it today...woke up way too late and didnt even shower b4 work...(tmi i know...) but i had to at least come in...i have some vacation days already planned so ill try not miss work if i dont have to...but i need to go home n shower...i did at least brush my teeth...and sponge off...

Live life to the fullest...

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2008, 10:48:16 am »
Hello ladies,

just a short one cos its a short day... I had my VL taken this morning and will know in a week-10 days whether or not I'm developing another resistence or whether I can exhale. I also go my period  :-\. What's up with that we are having sex every other day at least (as recommended). I had a meeting with boss who wants more and more things to be done, the people I work with are so ambitious and sometimes it's hard to know whether they care or whether they are just so driven they will use you in ways you're not aware or. Guess that's true for any job. Everyone manipulates. I make a conscious effort not to.

but it could be the menustration talking...

awsome weather here and we'll be cycling out of town to my other boss's place in the country for dinner.

I'm just trying to let go...

sorry this is a bit vague. I try not to write too concretly about my job as that together with other details will make me extremely identifyable.

Queen sorry bout the tests but good that you (we) are closely monitored.

Betty congrats for the summer break, it's exciting isn't it, I feel like a nervous kid when summer comes around.

Cristy great pics and tell Robert people drive real cars not much bigger than his Ford in the cities of Europe. It looks great in your yard.

Veritee advise you not to think of the meds as poison. How you doing after 1st night?

Tendai, love ya.

Cindy hope this week will be easier on the ol' neck.

Kate great to see you posting here.

Wishful I hear ya... maybe you should show letters to a legal attorney is there is a free service or even consult with one online, sometimes there're forums about these kind of things? I wouldnt like you to get in trouble b/c him. Even though it is so tempting and he is so stupid not to think of the reprecussions.

everyone else, have a great kickstart to the week, catch you later

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2008, 10:53:35 am »
*sprays Wishful with a water hose*...Hehe..Girl, do that half a day, it seems like you need it. Bf's baby mama sound like she is hating because your bf did not want to take daughter that I am assuming is not his. Well, why don't she do something with her child instead of expecting your bf to. Don't you just hate haters!!!!

Betty-- *singing* School's out for the summer...I will email those songs to you, I haven't forgotten but has been a bit side tracked.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline wishful

« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2008, 11:00:27 am »
Queen: thats what he told her..she was like well she gonna be alone...he was like she is not alone..she is with her mother....lol..no she not his daughter and my thing is ..i love all the kids..but if she has such a prob with him being with me..why send your daughter..cus u damn straight ..I am def where he is going to be..sunday is family day...Maybe she thought this would stop him from spending the day with us??..she better get a grip...seriously...

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2008, 11:03:40 am »
Well, I had to check back in before getting things done.  Truth is, I would rather lay around the apartment today, have food delivered and have some really hot sex.  Dreaming, I know.

Queen, good luck with the belly scan.  How long before you'll find out what's going on?  Ugh, elevated liver test.  Have you ever had resistance testing done?

Wish, har.  That lady (bf's baby mama) sounds like a vindictive bitch.  I wouldn't deal with her well for two minutes.  I cannot stand being around people like that.  

Drag, sometimes it takes awhile to get pregnant I think.  Do you do that testing (what's it called) to know when the best time would be for trying to get pregnant?  My tubes were tied years and years ago.  But good luck with all that.  Oh boy, having a period can make everything seem like a disaster.  I didn't have one last month, so maybe that Depo shot I get is starting to work.  I sure hope so.  

Alright ladies, I'm off to get things done for sure now.  I'll be back in a few hours.

Offline wishful

« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2008, 11:12:03 am »
an ovulation kit...

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2008, 11:41:48 am »
Betty-- I think I had the resistance test done awhile ago.I think that is how doc knew I was resistant to one of the meds in Atripla. But I think it is the Atripla is elevating my liver. I left a message for my clinic nurse, letting her know the results since it was my primary who did the tests. I guess it is time to switch to something else. My tubes been tied for 17 years and I would say the depo shot is stopping your periods. I haven't had a period in over a year. Thanks to the depo shot and I am loving it.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline wishful

« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2008, 11:48:37 am »
Queen: they knew u were resistant and prescribed it anyways?? im not looking forward to no dreams n stuff ..i dream enough crazy ish as it is...

Offline Veritee

« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2008, 11:55:42 am »
Thank you all so much who wished me luck with the meds.  - so far OK, but it is only the first day and then ony half way through LOL

I know I am very 'lucky ' to be on them now the drugs are so much improved -  and my heart goes out to all of you that have had to endure years of less well tolerated drugs.

I am on Truvada + Sustiva - of course with my history my main worry is mental health effects/issues, but my husband and my friend are keeping a close eye on me thank goodness

Netta - As to writing it down i.e. side effects how it affects me I think this is a good idea and I am doing on my blog: http://hiv-and-us.blogspot.com/

Drag - I am so sorry that you have to have a change due to resistance and that you have switched so many times before, no wonder you are upset, I would be , as you said this virus is just looking for a chance and is always vigilant while we are human and can not always be. I know I can not help but I wanted to say I was thinking of you and I hope it is just a blip too.

Ann - I read what you have said about  Champix and depression, so sorry you went through this. My husband took Zyban and he is a really stable - non depressed or anxious - sort of person and it sent him totlaly weired.
Luckily he realised himself and stopped, but then he carried on smoking fro years after that. we have both stopped now - I never really started again, just smoke to get trhough stress and if its offered or at a party etc. But he has had years of struggling with smoking.

I also read about Sally, the teenage girl you are mentoring.

It is great she has you. I guess I have a 'Sally' of my own although older ( 18) as my daughter has no one in the world but us and knows we are both HIV positive and while I do not think I am a neglectful or inadequate mum in any way - and her dad is a great dad - my daughter has been very angry with me and she has 'issues' and is totally aware of how we got HIV. But I just wanted to stick up for being a mum with HIV who's child does not like them right now , it can be very difficult and she may not be meaning to undermine - just needy herself right now .

But I am probably speaking out of turn and without understanding the situation

As me and my daughters dad are still together and it is a very different situation (of course Social services are not involved and would never be and of course my daughter is not being a pawn in anything) but angry teenage girls can give their mums emotional hell too!!! As you said about 'Sally' my daughter too can be a real bitch too and who also can blame her? And is 'challenging' (but in our case only to me, my daughter is otherwise well liked, has a good job and goes to college, never missing a day)

But a challenging daughter I am finding this is not easy to cope with when you are fragile as well - and I have been at a place where I resented my own best friend’s support of my daughter. It is fine now, and while I understood my daughter needed this support and appreciated my friend for offering it , I was also so hurt that my daughter did not need or want it from me  - you do not always mean to undermine, but it happens.

But I guess you know all this as you also have a daughter who faced some of the same challenges that 'Sally' faces - as my daughter is too. I am so glad your daughter is doing so well in her education - My daughter starts her university degree in September and in fact part of her course will also be an exchange trip to the US, I am hoping my daughter enjoys her time at university as much as your daughter Alice is

But I do feel for Sally - It is not easy for my daughter either -but..................

While we also live in a very rural place in the UK , which is also very incestuous ( and I know is very similar to where you live as my husbands company is based where you live so I know it fairly well )
yet we have not yet had the ignorance poor Sally has had to endure i.e.  "your parents are gonna die of aids" etc
We do not live on an island but we do live in a VERY cut off and rural place where ignorance about HIV is supreme. Yet everyone has been fine and supportive so far - including my daughters previously ignorant ex school mates.

Glad Sally has you.
And so glad you have stopped the drug that was making you suicidal - I do not know how you have coped with this - really scary I am sure, I fear reactions to the drugs like that

Have fun with Charlie

Snow -  'All I want is to meet some women in my area that I have something in common with and it ain't happening.'

I am just trying to do the same, and it is sort of happening and sort of not. Met a lovely women , my age living near by, she is white but from Zimbabwe, she was great and it was lovely to chat face to face to another women with HIV. But why I say it is sort of not happening as well is that she is really only passing through this country and this county...........my need is to meet other women with HIV who live nearby who will be like me spending a long time here, for an ongoing peer support relationship and friendship. I will probably spend the rest of my life living in this very rural and small community and need friends that are female HIV and will be staying around here also. I know they exist - but they are mostly too shamed/worried and hiding -  well that is my assumption as I have tired so hard to contact them with little luck yet  - but I will keep trying

Keepingfaith - are you getting married? How lovely!!

Sorry if I have left anyone out - I will write later - off upstairs to see my husband now my daughter has gone out - could do with a cuddle and  a bit of fun etc

Veritee XX
I have a blog here, please do not judge me on what I say here- I need to offload and this is where I do it: http://hiv-and-us.blogspot.com/

Offline Veritee

« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2008, 12:12:42 pm »
PS Queen - I had that abdomen scan myself on Friday myself -

as my liver blood results were elevated ( only on one number was up the rest were fine) and they wanted to check my liver before I went on meds. But mine were not due to meds as I have only just started them , but because I drink too much I guess - something that as you know, I know !!

Happy to put that poison in my body - but not theses meds- yes I will take advice and stop seeing the HIV meds as poison

I have cut down oj the drink a LOT!! - and will go in for a detox if I can not cut it out enough. As I do not want the combination of HIV meds and drink to make me not be able to take certain meds and to muck my liver up - as it looks liek I may have got away with it so far i.e from my scan results.

As the good news was that while it will take a while for the full results of the scan to come in - they were nice enough to tell me that my liver looked perfectly normal i.e no cirrhosis or any other signs of damage etc - so while I have to wait for the full result of the scan at least they can put your mind at rest a bit

Drag - it took me years to get pregnant, we tried for years off and on, I used to dread my period. But eventually they blew my tubes out with carbon dioxide apparently , and I was pregnant in 6 months - but all this meant I was about 38 before I had my daughter

How time flies - I am 55 and she is 18!!!!! hard to believe as it seems like yesterday to me when I was carrying her

Veritee

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2008, 02:26:22 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Veritee, I'm glad your first day is going well.  Here's hoping for continuous success with your meds. 

My daughter is 23 and lives on the East Coast (of the US).  I live in kind of the middle North.  She does well and I talk to her once a week.  She used to give me tons of grief.  She went from being into heavy rap to a Marilyn Manson almost groupie.  She wore nothing but black, painted her nails black etc.   But, I'm a proponent of free speech and never said anything to her about it.  We lived at my parents' once though, and she hung the American flag upside down in her room and my parents made her take it down if she wouldn't hang it right (which she wouldn't).  It wouldn't have really mattered to me; but out of respect for my parents, I made her take it down.  She stole my car when she was, um, I think 14 and blew out the engine and ended up in junvenile detention for awhile.  Of course, she wanted me to get her out of that, but I refused.  But now, she's doing quite well. 

I took the videos back and rented another movie ('There Will Be Blood').  I didn't go to Goodwill.  I've just been in kind of a 'fuck it' mood today.  If the movies wouldn't have been due, I wouldn't be doing jack shit.  In fact, I might take a nap in a few minutes.  I hope all of you ladies are doing well.  And Cin, mum, Camms, anyone I'm forgetting, I hope you guys are doing well.

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2008, 07:52:00 pm »
Hello ladies. Hope everyone is well.                                               Betty, I can tell you will be glad to have the summer off from school.      Robert is being very good with the truck. He didn't try to run me over yesterday but I wisely sat in the sun and read my book . No resentments yet, I got enough of that with the 18YO, trying  to avoid it with this one.        Sorry about your friend but if you feel like that , better to get it over with. I used to have one of those, very high maintenance. Hope you had a nice nap.                                                 Queen, a cat scan sounds scary. Hopefully it will all go well with you If you do have to switch to a new medicine regime, What do you think it will be?                        Veritee, hope the Sustiva/Truvada works well for you. I have been on that combo since Nov 2005, first separately, then as Atripla, and it does well for me. If it gives you problems, tell your doctor.                                            Those turtles are really cote. I like the one that is real small.                                Wishful, that sucks about the babymama drama. I hate shit like that. Good job not losing it.                       Dragonette, hope    you can exhale.Sorry you got your period, just keep trying.       Hope everyone has a great night, . Cristy                                                                 Edited to add: Ann, that is so great that you are a mentor.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 07:55:16 pm by cjc »

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2008, 08:48:17 pm »
Hi Ladies

Well, life has been crazy.  There is a new member of the family.  His name is Reese's and he is an 8 week old Dachshund.  boy is he a whiner.  He cries and cries and does not want to be alone.  Last night Whitey and I were laying in bed trying to take a nap and he cried the whole time because he was in his VERY large cage in my roommates room and my roommate was not home.    He is cute when I get a chance I will try to download some pictures. 

Yesterday was meet the Fokker day.  Whitey met my parents, I think that it went pretty well.  I am liking him more than ever.  Tomorrow I am going to his son's baseball game, that should be interesting since his ex-wife will be there.  In a way I can't wait to see what she looks like.  I have this mental picture in my head of what I think she looks like.  This skinny little blond, but my roommate thinks she will be a very large women.  Now don't get me wrong I don not pass judgement on people who are over weight since I have struggled with my weight all my life.  So it should be interesting, I will keep you posted. 

Speaking of weight I started with a new personnel trainer on Sunday.  I got my butt kicked, I am so sore I can barley sit on the toilet without screaming in pain.  So My roommate are off to go for a walk and lets hope my bum feels better. 

Catch up with you guys soon

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2008, 10:16:22 pm »
I haven't been posting much, but I have been reading and keeping up with everyone.  I've been sleeping better at night - breathing is such a wonderful thing!  But, I've also been taking 2hr naps every afternoon.  Not sure what's up with that.  I took the last steroid on Saturday morning, but i'm still shaky and "foggy".  I think my sugars are dropping from not eating the way I should (been skipping meals).  Betty, I don't have problems with my sugar, per se.  But, when I miss a meal or don't take my vitamens and supplements, I get really bad migraine headaches and my hands start to shake.  I don't make a habit out of missing meals, but there are times that i get so busy, I literally "forget" that I haven't eatten until my head is pounding so hard that I can't open my eyes.

I"ve finished switching out the seasonal clothes and took a bunch of bags to Goodwill this afternoon.  So, I'm moving on to the next 100 things on my list.  I really need a haircut - or at least a style.  Not sure what I want, but it has to be wash and wear.  I don't have the time or the patience to "fix" it.  I was thinking about a wedge, but I don't know.   

Ann, wow, I'm speechless.  I see "Sallys" nearly everyday.  As long as there are adults who refuse to behave like adults, there will always be Sallys.  She's lucky to have you.  Clothe yourself with great patience and perserverance - it will all work out.

Nothing earth changing here, either.  Same stuff different day.

Love you all big ol' bunches!
Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2008, 11:47:59 pm »
Good late night ladies,

I have no idea what I'm doing up so late.  I watched 'There Will Be Blood' and I just I have insomnia. 

Cristy, yes I'm glad school is going to be out after tomorrow night.  I am so over it. 

Mum, so relieved to hear you're able to breathe. 

I totally forgot about tomorrow night's final, so most of tomorrow (well, actually today) will be spent studying.  Ugh.

I didn't hear from my 'friend' tonight.  I wasn't going to answer if he did call.  He pm'd me yesterday and I pm'd him back, keeping it all superficial.  I've told him to join a support group so he would have local people to chat with.  I hope that helps.

OK ladies, I'm off to bed.  Everyone have a good sleep.

Edited to add:  I smell steak and now I'm hungry.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 11:50:22 pm by Bettytacy »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2008, 12:29:32 am »
You are not alone, Betty, I am going to bed soon too. I had an early morning. I was up around 9:30 this morning. I did go get the cat scan done. I had to drink some stuff that was suppose to be a barium smoothie.Then get an iv put in so they could put something in my arm that made me feel hot and like I pissed on myself. My doctor should get the results by Thursday. I just hope it isn't cancer or I need surgery but I need to know what it is cause it is getting on my nerves.

Mum--- Glad to see you are feeling better but with the shaking when you don't eat, I wonder if you're the type that has low sugar. Might want to ask your doc about that, we don't need you passing out somewhere.

Sun---Since you have the same kind of dog as Aunty D, I would ask him about the pup or start a thread in OT. I am sure he would have some advice. Glad that things are going good for you and Whitey.

Christy--- I am not sure what my new meds would be. Any suggestions? I want something with minimal side effects or else I know I won't take them. Since this elevated liver thing going on, I am not sure I want to keep taking the Atripla. I am considering not taking it tonight.

Nothing else is planned for the rest of the week. Maybe I will finally get to doing my hair again. After checking a few more threads, I am going to hit the sack and hope tomorrow will be a better day. I need a vacation, man!!!! A change of scenery, something. Good Night Ladies...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2008, 07:42:55 am »
Morning ladies,

Sun, sorry about not personally replying to you last night.  I'm glad things are going so well with Whitey.  A personal trainer, aye?  That would be something I would need to get in shape I'm afraid.  It doesn't seem to be happening on its own. 

Mum, yeah. I would think Queen's suggestion about being someone who consistently runs low blood sugar has some merit.  My mum used to be a 'hypoglycemic.'  Her blood sugar would never get high, but if she didn't eat, she'd have the same situation you do.  I don't know why I didn't think of that before. 

Queen, boy, I could use a vacation also.  I'm so tired of seeing the same thing day after day.  When are you going to send me those songs, btw?  I did hear Snoop's song 'Drop It Like It's Hot' the other day.  I like that one.

Since I totally forgot about the final yesterday, I'll be cramming today.  I'm almost to where I don't care about this class, so it's definitely time for a break.  I still want to do some volunteer work this summer. 

There's absolutely nothing else going on.  My life is getting boring.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.