Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:09:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 273
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 208
Total: 210

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Death Comes to Philly  (Read 26248 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Death Comes to Philly
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2012, 02:29:06 pm »

also, do you really have that many trees to topple onto power lines in Philly??
i think not sugarpie. ;)

There are no trees in Philadelphia, only asphalt and concrete.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2012, 02:43:59 pm »
MissP is teasing you. Philly has trees to be concerned about. Some residential areas, some parks.  It's a beautiful city. http://www.fs.fed.us/nrs/utc/reports/UTC_Report_Philadelphia.pdf

Offline mitch777

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2012, 03:30:56 pm »
i HAVE been to Philly many times.
the airport was always so lovely to see on the way to another destination.
tee hee.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2012, 03:48:20 pm »
Ugh.

Asbury Park is about to get its ass kicked.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2012, 04:26:27 pm »
Ugh.

Yes Tim - you do seem to be in the most dire spot of us all.  Please do take care and protect yourself from harm.

Mike

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2012, 06:04:27 pm »
Am in Washington, DC and just stocked up on emergency goods.  Lines were long but everyone was cheerful.
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Jody

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2012, 06:32:33 pm »
Hi Tim, I was just thinking about the Jersey coastline today, hope you will be safe and your home as well.  Mainly just evacuate sooner rather than later if you have any doubts.  Be well my fellow easterners.

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Growler

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2012, 07:11:26 pm »
I hope everyone's ok. It looks like a scary storm. Take care.
Growler

PS: Who names these things? Sandy??

« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 07:14:31 pm by Growler »
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2012, 07:12:17 pm »
Ugh.

Tim - please be careful...
If you have the slightest doubt regarding whether where you are will be safe, head to other shelter (particularly if you are in a flood zone).

While Category 1 storms are mainly considered "baby storms" down here, it is the flooding that normally causes the most problems. That and the power outages.

If any of you are using generators or any type of non-electric powered space heater - please use them carefully. Also, post storm, as tempting as it may be, best to stay inside for a bit - so many injuries/deaths down here occur after the storm (people coming in contact with live downed power lines or injuring themselves on debris that may be covered with water)

Stay safe all of you all up North and in the storm's path.

Keeping you all in thoughts....

September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2012, 10:15:46 pm »
I just wrote to my NJ friends to check in and they wrote to say they're stuck in FL at Disney due to Sandy's disruption. They may ultimately be safer with Mickey.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2012, 02:14:37 pm »
Freak storm in the Alps, as well, delivering snow and arctic temperatures down to the lakes. Last night was a tease at -1.  I was hauling in plants from the balcony and garden until 2 am.  Tonight -10C!   

A long cold snap killed my palm trees last winter.  Replaced them this summer. They are all now snug and protected, anything not hardy to -5 I've moved inside.

It's a pity to see the geraniums go.  Many years they BURST into fabulous blooms throughout November and on up to Xmas season storms....  Sometimes they get blasted right at Christmas so we get the pretty frosted red and green. 

I don't know what to make of climate change but every year brings surprises. 

I hope everyone takes these storms seriously and protects themselves and their homes...

I'm worried about a good friend in New York who has a magnificent hundreds of years old tree near his house.  It seems its hollow now, not that secure.  Very tall, extremely heavy.   Doesn't have to cash to take it down... 

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2012, 03:07:35 pm »
It's a pity to see the geraniums go.  Many years they BURST into fabulous blooms throughout November and on up to Xmas season storms....  Sometimes they get blasted right at Christmas so we get the pretty frosted red and green. 

Why not move your geraniums indoors? My granny always grew them inside.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 04:05:00 pm by emeraldize »

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2012, 03:56:21 pm »
Ugh.

Hi Tim

Please stay safe, I'm trying to keep track of things here in NZ, take care of your babies. I hope it doesn't scare them too much.

To everyone in the path of *Sandy* leave if you can or batten down and stay safe.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2012, 04:07:29 pm »
LANDFALL WILL BE OVER ATLANTIC CITY/PHILLY... FORGET TIM :)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2012, 04:48:21 pm »
LANDFALL WILL BE OVER ATLANTIC CITY/PHILLY... FORGET TIM :)

According to your own graph, Sandy's first landfall will be south NJ, NOT Philly. And poor Tim is only a stone's throw away from the beach.

My thoughts are with all of you in the path of this storm. (Even you Miss PeePee) Please stay safe!
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2012, 05:58:19 pm »
Sending up prayers and best wishes for all of you who may be affected by the storm...

Stay safe!

HUGS, Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Jody

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2012, 06:13:11 pm »
The storm will hit land Monday evening between Asbury Park and Wildwood, NJ according to latest estimates.  That is too close to Tim so we will have our thoughts with Tim and the Jersey shore people.  After that it looks like it will go inland right by Philly and then cut west toward central Pennsylvania and central NY state.

NYC subways and buses will stop running entirely no later than 9 PM Sunday and will probably not resume until Tuesday. 

Be safe everyone.  HUGS.

Jody

Grateful Dead

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2012, 06:48:43 pm »

For all those that will be affected along the eastern seaboard ( and inland), please be careful and heed the warnings.

Stay safe--Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2012, 07:31:54 pm »
According to your own graph, Sandy's first landfall will be south NJ, NOT Philly. And poor Tim is only a stone's throw away from the beach.

My thoughts are with all of you in the path of this storm. (Even you Miss PeePee) Please stay safe!

I realize you're a backwoods Ohio lass with a Madonna-affected accent who long ago gave up her allegiance to the American flag, but Philadelphia is 50 miles from Southern NJ where landfall will be, and the storm surge will be pushed up the Delaware Bay and cause the Delaware and Schuylkill River to flood in Philadelphia. Landfall is supposed to be in the bay, and Asbury Park is 130 miles north (Northern New Jersey). He'll have a lot of high waves and beach erosion though, but I doubt it will be destroyed like Cape May, NJ which is a historic district consisting of 19th century Victorian wood frame houses. I'm seeing landfall as BELOW Atlantic City, not above. And with the "H" hurricane marking above Philadelphia. It's a very sad day when our forum members refuse to give me the respect I am due.

Thanks for playing.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 07:41:57 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2012, 07:42:59 pm »
SHOULD WE NOW TAKE BETS ON LANDFALL POSITIONING?  COUGH UP THE MONEY MISSY ANN!  :) ;) :D ;D ::) :P :-*

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2012, 07:59:30 pm »
Be safe Tim, Jody! Sending up prayers for you.

Oh you too MissyP, I know you are an unwashed heathen but it's ok, God loves even those that have strayed ;)

-WIll
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline mitch777

« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2012, 08:10:09 pm »
why don't you take a poll miss pee? :)

while landfall is a factor, i think the tri state area of nj, ny, and yes, connecticut will suffer the brunt of the storm.

i only wish that i am mistaken.

to all of you in the NE, enjoy the ride. the aftermath of a good ride is usually the most painful. :P

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2012, 08:17:30 pm »
why don't you take a poll miss pee? :)

Wunderground is predicting landfall at Egg Township/Ocean City, NJ eleven miles south of Atlantic City, or 200 miles south of Norwalk, CT... sorry Mitchypoo, you lose (again), even worse if you live closer to New London.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2012, 08:18:33 pm »
, but Philadelphia is 50 miles from Southern NJ where landfall will be,

Miss Pee Pee Potty, It's almost the same as your previous mention of Homestead and Miami.  ::)

I feel bad for Tim though, I hope he's safe.......
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2012, 08:22:42 pm »
... sorry Mitchypoo, you lose (again), even worse if you live closer to New London.

i think miss peepoo is really looking forward to the "aftermath". ;)

OUCH!!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 08:24:44 pm by mitch777 »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2012, 08:29:03 pm »
i think miss peepoo is really looking forward to the "aftermath". ;)

OUCH!!!

Well yeah, sure -- foreskin makes a great raft if you sew them together.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2012, 08:31:01 pm »
LMAO!

never thought of that! ;D

Offline britchick

« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2012, 07:10:32 am »
To all our East Coast Boardies.........hope that you keep safe on the and warm.I turned on the news here in the UK about  5 am......hope the storm passes   NY soon.

Britchickx

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:43:39 am by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline wolfter

« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2012, 04:07:05 pm »

We didn't get one bit of snow, but at my aunt's house they, got hit pretty hard.  They're just 45 minutes away.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2012, 05:55:55 pm »
To all our East Coast Boardies.........hope that you keep safe on the and warm.I turned on the news here in the UK about  5 am......hope the storm passes   NY soon.

Britchickx

Thanks BC. When our Yank relatives sailed here they hadn't a clue we were ultimately signing on for more watersports than we could handle.  YouK may get loads of rain, but the packaging is so different.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2012, 08:46:21 pm »
Here's an interesting animated .gif of Sandy's hurricane development over several days. It's a large file so it takes a while to load and get going, but it's worth it.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2012, 04:16:12 pm »

check this out -- specifically the close up image of the Seaside Heights, NJ amusement pier which collapsed and the entire roller coaster is sitting in the ocean. This is the pier with rides that was always featured on Jersey Shore.

If you ask me, this is all about ten times worse than Katrina was. Just the money involved -- larger area, densest populated part of the country, some of the most expensive real estate, much larger amounts of infrastructure, etc. And more amazing is that something this huge happened one week before a presidential election.

ps: it never ceases to amaze me how obese Gov. Christie is.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 04:22:07 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline mitch777

« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2012, 04:34:04 pm »

ps: it never ceases to amaze me how obese Gov. Christie is.

i know! he reminds me of Verucca from Willy Wonka after the blueberry incident. :D

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2012, 05:01:17 pm »
Ive seen him on a couple of news reports. Hes been quite good. Even had positive things to say about Obama and FEMA. 

Shocking destruction on the East Coast.  How could Romney take over this project, if he isn't in favor of federal funding???  Or would we have a complete bait and switch. And it would be ironically Romney who proposes the largest public works projects in living memory?  Hmmm.....

Its only human for all these communities to need to say "we will rebuild".  But really as Christie says, everyone better be smart about this, because if its going to be every other year, total coastal destruction, everything should be rethought a bit. 

Who is the leader who can lead this reconception? 

Waterworld here we come.  Maybe we need Kevin Costner.  :o

I dunno. Maybe Bloomberg.  I'm pretty impressed from afar how well NYC prepared in advance to minimize loss of life...  Shut down the subway and save the cars, at least.  Really convince people to evacuate, etc. etc. etc. 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 05:02:55 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2012, 05:08:43 pm »
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 05:12:04 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline mitch777

« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2012, 05:18:14 pm »
 :( just when i needed them.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2012, 05:30:30 pm »
so......................................................

miss p.

we haven't seen much footage about the destruction, me-hem, and DEATH in Philly.
what's up with that??? ;)

Offline Jody

« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2012, 06:20:25 pm »
Hi mitch...I don't think Philadelphia was terribly hard hit by Hurricane Sandy.  The New Jersey coast and areas of New York at low levels such as The Rockaways, lower Manhattan and the Long Island coast such as Long Beach were hit very hard.

My parents used to have a bungalow in Far Rockaway (Breezy Point is another community that is part of the Rockaways).  It was an idyllic life to spend summers there as a small child.  My older cousin Randy and I would spend hours at the beach or bicycle riding.  I learned to swim as I was learning to walk.  The boardwalk used to be about 10 feet or so above the sand but as years have gone by the sand has filled in from eastern Long Island and so the boardwalk is right on the sand.  No more "under the boardwalk, down by the sea".  I used to wonder what the teenagers were doing under there!  Years later it was summer camp in the Catskill mountains but there was nothing like those wonderful, carefree boyhood days I spent at Rockaway.

Jody

Grateful Dead

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2012, 07:02:52 pm »
Oh Jody, did you hang at the gay section at Riis Park's beach? I went almost every weekend during the summer, unless I scored free berth in East Hampton. The queens really carry at Riis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD48ZSokUwc

As far as Philly, we were spared a bit because the "eye" of the storm stalled right above the city, so while we had high wind the bad circulation was to the northeast of the eye, so that's what pushed all of the tide into NYC's harbor. If the storm had been further south it would have pushed the tide water up the Delaware Bay instead, and we would have flooded. There were a lot of power outages here though.

linky for local Killadelphia damage.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:07:25 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline mitch777

« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2012, 07:41:01 pm »
Hey Jody,

I was just teasing miss p. because, ah, well... she enjoys it so much. :D

It is sad to see the devastation to Jersey and NY. (and connecticut where I live)
What a mess!

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2012, 07:43:02 pm »
Hi Guys...

Quick note using a friend's Verizon smartphone -- AT&T is failing me big time.

Asbury Park was hit bad, but not nearly as bad as other Jersey Shore towns, notably the barrier islands (LBI, Seaside Heights, AC, etc.) and towns like Cape May, Belmar and Sea Bright. We're without power, landlines and Internet; there's a big ol' cedar tree sitting on top of my house; the looting and burglaries are picking up... But all humans and animals in the house are well and accounted for... and we made out better than many others in town.

We're looking at 10 to 14 days without power and, as anyone who has been in a hurricane before knows, long lines and occasional chaos is expected (and already evident).  Fingers crossed it doesn't get too cold before power is restored.

So much for starting my new job at TAG on a good foot. The NYC office is still without power and NJ Transit Coast line is seriously damaged -- but I'm hopeful for next week.

Anyway, that's where we're at.

Hope everyone else is okay; I imagine this hurricane has affected a whole lot of us.

All the best,

Tim

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2012, 07:45:35 pm »
Sounds awful, Tim.

I just talked to a good friend who lives in Hoboken and it's badly flooded all over. I'm not sure how one would survive for 2 weeks without electricity.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2012, 07:49:13 pm »
Hi Guys...

Quick note using a friend's Verizon smartphone -- AT&T is failing me big time.

Asbury Park was hit bad, but not nearly as bad as other Jersey Shore towns, notably the barrier islands (LBI, Seaside Heights, AC, etc.) and towns like Cape May, Belmar and Sea Bright. We're without power, landlines and Internet; there's a big ol' cedar tree sitting on top of my house; the looting and burglaries are picking up... But all humans and animals in the house are well and accounted for... and we made out better than many others in town.

We're looking at 10 to 14 days without power and, as anyone who has been in a hurricane before knows, long lines and occasional chaos is expected (and already evident).  Fingers crossed it doesn't get too cold before power is restored.

So much for starting my new job at TAG on a good foot. The NYC office is still without power and NJ Transit Coast line is seriously damaged -- but I'm hopeful for next week.

Anyway, that's where we're at.

Hope everyone else is okay; I imagine this hurricane has affected a whole lot of us.

All the best,

Tim

Oh geez Tim :(  Please take care our yourself! They had some shots today on CNN of Asbury PArk and some neighboring towns, just looks awful.

Hang in there.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Jody

« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2012, 07:49:56 pm »
Hi David, no I didn't hang out at Riis Park when I was eight years old!  Seriously it is a cool gay and gay friendly beach at the south end of the Rockaways.  I can actually take two buses there from my apartment.  It is always cool to see gay men enjoying a day at the beach here in Queens.   I used to go with several friends, most recently Joe who has moved to San Francisco who most members met visiting San Fran for AMG'07.

Swimming at Riis was tough, quite an undertow in the waters there.  Reminder to self- never swim too close to a pier if you don't want to get swept a hundred feet or so from where you were involuntarily! I know Breezy Point and Belle Harbor which is right near Riis were hit hard so I can just imagine what Riis looks like.

Jody
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:56:06 pm by Jody »

Grateful Dead

Offline Jody

« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2012, 07:53:03 pm »
Hi Tim, good to hear you guys and your animal buddies are doing as well as can be expected.  Hope you can get power back sooner rather than later.  Be careful with some of the folks who try to take advantage during these times.

TAG can wait for your services, when you start there you will always remember Hurricane Sandy but when you arrive put your right foot forward and you will be a great addition to their great work for us all.

Hugs, Jody

Grateful Dead

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2012, 08:32:36 pm »

I dunno. Maybe Bloomberg.  I'm pretty impressed from afar how well NYC prepared in advance to minimize loss of life...  Shut down the subway and save the cars, at least.  Really convince people to evacuate, etc. etc. etc.

Please that tyrant can't take credit for any of that.  It was Andy Cuomo who stepped up to the plate and ordered the MTA shut down and told people that Sandy was nothing to take lightly.  The midget only rode on coat tails in order to lift himself out of the grave he dug himself into when he fucked up during the blizzard and told us to go see a Broadway show  ::)
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2012, 09:46:00 pm »
The DailyMail in the UK has a somewhat extensive photo gallery and accompanying article about the devastation from hurricane Sandy.

Link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2225108/Hurricane-Sandy-2012-pictures-FIFTY-DEAD--NOT-over.html
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2012, 12:32:59 am »
I have tons of extended family in New Jersey (it's where I grew up), and my sister and brother-in-law still live in Union.  I was able to speak to her exactly once yesterday and not since, but at least her house is in one piece, and not flooded.  I remember hurricanes when growing up in New Jersey (like Agnes in 1972), but that pales in comparison to Sandy.  This is reminding me of summer vacations I spent at the Jersey shore on Long Beach Island.  My cousin still has a house there -- or at least he did.

I hope everyone up there gets the help they need.
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline britchick

« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2012, 01:21:58 am »
I saw the pics in the Daily Mail yesterday....and UK TV is showing lots of coverage.The one good thing is that  the majority of  people  pull together to help each other in rough times.Hope that people get their power and water back asap.

You and your families and friends are all in our thoughts

Britchickx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.