Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:14:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 208
Total: 209

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Pelosi's Jet  (Read 21946 times)

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
Pelosi's Jet
« on: February 09, 2007, 08:40:16 am »
No matter how irresponsible the republicans are in regards to spending and morals in general, the Dems never fail to make them look like boyscouts. A 42 seat jet so the speaker can commute with her cal home. What happened to principled members like Dick Armey who actually slept on a cot in his office for years to save money?
The National media in its never ending struggle to keep Dems in power are calling the jet that the worthless fat slob Hastert used  a "small" private jet. I have a news flash for the Media and Congress, a 12 seat private jet is not a "small" private jet. Any private jet over 8 seats is generally considered large.
The Speaker has stated she needs the bigger jet so she doesnt have to stop for refueling and can also travel back and forth with her friends. Boondogle time!
Yes,the Speaker is from the party that wants to limit your consumption of energy and is constantly attacking the other side for intentionally destroying the environment with fossil fuels. haahahahhaha. I love it. What a bunch of grifters and conmen.
No wonder we have heard nothing from Dems about Reids shady real estate deals. The Dem leader in the Senate has now made several million dollars in profit on real estate investments helped by legislation he sponsored and pushed through Congress
So much for a new ethical congress. Another news flash to the morons who thought only republicans were sleazeballs, they are all the same, its why they go into politics. Its the nature of the government bureaucracy. it has no shareholders to govern its actions,so the member do everything in their power to enrich themselves.

Offline Grinch

Re: Pelosi's Jet
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 09:07:05 am »
Karnac says........

Someone will explain that more greenhouse gases are produced on take off and landing....therefore she's saving our environment....

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 09:27:41 am »
Dear Sean and Rush,

Make sure you always one-source your information. The Democratic Party may make Republicans look like boy scouts, but you and your sexually repressed Republicans continually try to put the "make" on boy scouts. The only gas being admitted on this topic is by you two. What a non-story that has been discredited repeatedly by credible news sources. You guys might know that if you changed the channel or put down Reverend Moon's rag the Washington Times. We don't care cuz you are good for a laugh...and unless you can convince people that Bill and Hillary had something to do with Anna Nicole's death no one pays attention to you anyway.

Offline jack

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 09:44:08 am »
A 42 seat jet!!!!!!!!!!! How many financial supporters will be using that? She says she needs the seats for friends!!!
I think the biggest private jets might seat mid 30s. For the anal I am not including commercial airliners converted.
Can you imagine if a republican was demanding this jet? No,cause republicans are small timers,the last speaker was able to be bought for a golf trip to St.Andrews and resigned.
It would be cheaper for the taxpayers to just buy her a two or three million dollar house in
DC.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 09:50:51 am »
JACK.... oh man.  You need to check yourself before you wreck yourself my friend.  She did not demand a 42 seat jet.  And it was YOUR boy who STARTED this program, Hastert.  She inquired about a plane to take her all the way to California thats ALL.  She has said ANY plane that can fly non stop.  What her staff did NOT know was that the C-37 (which looks identical to the C-20 that Hastert used is a more beefed up version and can actually make the flight to California).  She also inquired, NOT DEMANDED, about the rules of who flies on that plane like any person would do to make sure they dont break the rules!  But for fucks sake if the Republicans didnt trot out their slime machine and start slinging mud like a bunch of fucking 3 year olds in a sandbox!

Get the facts straight pal!  And who was before Hastert?  Im sorry but he was just SLIGHTLY corrupt now wasnt he?  Dont go there man you dont have shit to stand on.  You know it.

(you know i still love you) <--this was written for all those that dont know of jack and my relationship, he's an idiot but he's my idiot.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 09:57:24 am »
Jack, you want to talk about wasting tax payers money....

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=2861168  1 TRILLION DOLLARS

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/01/30/iraq.audit/  8 BILLION DOLLARS! 

Being able to put Jack and the Republicans in their place at any given time............PRICELESS!!!!

Dont talk to me about Democratic abuse until the Republicans pay us back!

RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 10:03:21 am »
My only problem with her request is why does it have to be a non-stop flight?
By stopping half way to refuel she could take a much smaller, more cost efficient plane.
The argument "The Republicans always did it!" kind of goes against the whole "We're better, we care more" routine.

She could spend an extra hour in transit and save literally millions over the course of her tenure as speaker. Wouldn't that be the right  (left?)  thing to do?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 10:07:42 am »
Jack,

Why oh why must you refuse to believe that your party is nothing more than a club for fat, balding, perverted, pedophiles. Here is the real story...fat ,turd, Denny (as in greasy spoon) Hastert regularly had Mark Foley procur house pages for him and the rest of the house leadership. Hastert (who by the way emits major green house gasses ) would then send a DOD jet to pick up the pages and fly them to Washington. Denny the whale, would watch the pederasty of others dressed in nothing but a diaper sitting in a specially built oversized playpen built at taxpayers expense. There are rumors circulating on the web that Hastert once ate a nine-year old boy whole and washed him down with a Fresca. Is this how you want your hard earned tax dollars spent?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 10:23:17 am by Dachshund »

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 10:07:58 am »
Imagine wasting money on a military plane........

No other military waste comes to mind right now... ::)

LOL @ Hal  ;D
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 10:10:33 am »
My only problem with her request is why does it have to be a non-stop flight?
By stopping half way to refuel she could take a much smaller, more cost efficient plane.
The argument "The Republicans always did it!" kind of goes against the whole "We're better, we care more" routine.

She could spend an extra hour in transit and save literally millions over the course of her tenure as speaker. Wouldn't that be the right  (left?)  thing to do?

They initiated the flight as a security precaution.  If security takes the precedence to give the speaker (hastert) a plane then security is the first priority.  With that in mind as any agent will tell you, less time on the ground the less the security risk.  You still need to be looking at your own on this one.  Republicans STARTED this.  Not the Dems.  And the plane actually uses more fuel to take off and land so you are canceling out any extra savings simply by landing and taking off again.  So not even that arguement holds water.
RIDE!!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 10:32:08 am »
I think she ought to move to Washington D.C and buy her own airlines ticket when she wants to go visit family and friends, liike everyone does. I don't get a chartered jet to visit friends. 22,000 and hour vers a 5000 dollar an hour plane with one stop. How much health care could that finance. How much medication could that buy? Dems, you can't have it both ways. Do you think it is necessary? You want cuts in Washington start with that.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 10:43:48 am »
I think the Republicans have shot themselves in the foot with this little tirade.

As I understand it, she's offered to fly commercial like she has always done, but for security reasons (she's #3 in line for Presidency behind Twig and Shooter) they won't let her.

The actual request didn't come from the Speaker's office but came from the House Seargent At Arms.

Tony Snow (god never thought I'd be quoting him), says the whole story is "silly" and should never have become a public issue.

Why the Pentagon chose to make it one is the more interesting detail if you ask me.

RAB

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 10:52:23 am »
What is even more interesting is the little known story of Denny Hastert ordering the DOD to fly Liza Minelli to perform at his 2003 New Years Eve Party. Due to weight restrictions the military was forced to use a C-130 Hercules to transport Ms. Minnelli. The theme of Mr. Hastert's Christmas party that year..." let's turn over a new page in 2004, " coincidence, I think not. :o

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ademas

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 10:54:16 am »
I don't find it odd at all that the 2nd in line to the Presidency of the United States would fly in a jet that size, non-stop, with aides, a security detail, and whomever else.

Besides, a 42-seater isn't as large as one might expect.

How big is the jet dubya and "shooter" (lol...thanks RAB) fly around in?  Or Condi, for that matter?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 10:56:23 am by ademas »

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 11:31:19 am »
Jack,

Why oh why must you refuse to believe that your party is nothing more than a club for fat, balding, perverted, pedophiles. Here is the real story...fat ,turd, Denny (as in greasy spoon) Hastert regularly had Mark Foley procur house pages for him and the rest of the house leadership. Hastert (who by the way emits major green house gasses ) would then send a DOD jet to pick up the pages and fly them to Washington. Denny the whale, would watch the pederasty of others dressed in nothing but a diaper sitting in a specially built oversized playpen built at taxpayers expense. There are rumors circulating on the web that Hastert once ate a nine-year old boy whole and washed him down with a Fresca. Is this how you want your hard earned tax dollars spent?

Dachshound could very well be the Hunter S. Thompson of our era....  Carry on,
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 11:46:36 am »
Jack, Jack, Jack,

We will be happy to monitor the Democrats spending, right after the Republicans return us to a national budget surplus, you remember, the one that Bill Clinton left that schrub took only one year to turn into a $250 billion deficit that over the past SIX years has added THREE TRILLION DOLLARS to our deficit.  Then there are the billions that FEMA pissed away, not to mention the ONE HALF TRILLION DOLLARS that schrub has pissed away on his own private little war in Iraq.  And how much money did schrub piss away for his little "Mission Accomplished" photo op, on an aircraft carrier.  Surely the wasted hours on that carrier cost, not to mention the helicopter rides to get the bush there and back cost more money  than the speaker will ever use flying to and from her home in California.

Need I say more... and to think the Republicans tried to impeach Clinton for lying about a blow job.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 11:48:21 am by killfoile »

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 11:51:00 am »
Look!  It's the new symbol of the Republican Party!

A pouting baby!

"I don't wanna be the minority party!  I don't wanna!"
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 12:00:27 pm »
I don't vote a straight party ticket.  :D All politicians are the same Dem or Rep. the money is not coming out of their pockets.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 12:03:18 pm »
What a bunch of grifters and conmen.

! Lets start with the previous speaker of the House:

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/06/15/hastert-pictures-of-corruption/

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Grinch

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 12:19:03 pm »
The C-32 that she requested is a Boeing 757.  It can seat over 200 people.
It's a really big plane. The cost of operating this is way more than a C-20 which has been used by past speakers.
As far as the security issue, there are 100's of airports they could refuel at. She would stay on the sterile area of the tarmac.  If the bad guys had the intel to figure out where she was landing, and the skill/equipment to take out the plane during the 1/2 or so it takes to refuel do you really think they wouldn't be able to do the same thing at departure or destination location? In fact taking out the plane at the midpoint would probably be harder due to the shorter window of opportunity to get into place.
  Her statement is. If I have to stop, I'm flying commercial. Now there's a security risk.

Heres a link to the 757. http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=101

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2007, 12:43:42 pm »
She did NOT request the C-32.  She requested ANY plane available to make the trip non stop.  The C-37A is the one I imagine she will be using.  It is a beefed up version of the C-20 and can make the trip non stop.  But she did NOT specifically request ANY type of plane.

And according to the Republican media wing, the commercial skies are safer than ever!  So which is it Republicans?  Is it safe or not?

You guys really need to get past the whole "She Demanded" thing.  She did NOT demand any specific plane.  Those are what us Democrats like to call "Facts" which are usually conveniently ignored by the right wing whackos and the "facts" are usually substituted with "allusions of fact", you know the ones.... Like the fact that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction, or that other fact that he was linked to al qaeda.  Those are the FACTS of the republican party.  OH and how bout that little "mission accomplished" factoid they put out for a while, or that Iraq is NOT in civil war.  GODDAMN thats so much spin they ought to rename the party, start calling it the Maytag Party.  Where truth is washed and spinned clean of any reliable information and hung out to dry for public consumption!

Still, you have no legs to stand on....but by all means, keep going, this is fun.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 12:45:58 pm by ACinKC »
RIDE!!!

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2007, 12:46:34 pm »
There are four types of planes available at the 89th Airlift wing, at nearby Andrews Air Force Base  the C-20 Hastert once used, C-21s which are even smaller than the C-20 and thus not able to fly nonstop to San Francisco, and the fabled C-32.

There is also the C-37A — a military version of the Gulf Stream 5, which is about the same size as the C-20, but is able to fly nonstop to California. One military source who asked not to be identified says that it may be that Pelosi and her aides were shown a C-37A and didn't understand that it was different and more potent than a C-20, since they look so similar.

RIDE!!!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2007, 12:49:59 pm »
Recent studies out of the University of Oslo suggest that due to their genetic make up conservative republican males are incapable of recognizing basic humor or sarcasm. Those same studies do prove that they respond emotionally to pictures of little, naked boys.

Denny Hastert is Godfather to Michael Jackson's children.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2007, 12:50:11 pm »
Too many of our government officials fly private/military jets.  The UK Prime Minister, and sometimes the Queen, flies British Airways.  If it's good enough for them, I think it's good enough for Nancy (which is what she wanted anyway).  I can see transporting the President around in Airforce One (which is really two identical 747s), and maybe the VP.  But the Speaker of the House?  I was in Germany once when Condi Rice was in town for something or another and I saw a US government plane sitting at the airport.  I thought that was a bit much for even the Secretary of State flying around in private, government jets.

While this is much to do about nothing....they should look into moving most officials (elected or otherwise) to commercial flying. The US government does have some very nice travel perks.  Too nice sometimes.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2007, 01:01:13 pm »
Let's get back to the real issue here:

Jack, why do you have to call everyone names?  Does it make you feel good?

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2007, 01:03:13 pm »
Basq, I really didnt see Jack call anyone any names anywhere.  Grifters and Conmen is the only thing I saw.  And thats not bad at all, they ARE politicians!
RIDE!!!

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2007, 01:10:03 pm »
No wonder we have heard nothing from Dems about Reids shady real estate deals. The Dem leader in the Senate has now made several million dollars in profit on real estate investments helped by legislation he sponsored and pushed through Congress

I didnt really see this the first time Jacky boy.... Ooooooo we are playing T-Ball now I see.  Several Million dollars on a real estate investment right?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8646744/  The pres and VP are big Oil/energy guys am i right?

They set RECORDS for raking in cash on thier policies.  Not several million dollars like Reid, but BILLIONS of dollars in ONE YEAR!!!  Jack, i just hit another home run, you cant keep this up. I almost feel bad for sticking it to you like this.  It's soooo easy, it just doesnt seem fair!

RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2007, 01:11:08 pm »
If she wants to fly around in a gulfstream 5 (C-37A)  I have no problem with that.
If she insists its a 757 I think thats silly.

Belittling someones beliefs because they are not your's is not humor or sarcasm.

Thus far I've been called a pedifile,  a whacko, and a pouting baby, That's what this thread has claimed republicans are.
Care to guess what happens if the knife gets pointed the other direction?

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2007, 01:19:13 pm »
Grinch I dont think anyone called you those names inparticular my friend.  I know I didnt.  I dont know you well enough to classify you as a right wing whacko!  The ones I was thinking of are along the lines of Falwell, Frist, Gingrich, RUSH, Bush and those whack jobs.

I belittle republicans because it is my right to do so.  It is my opinion of a particular subject and in no way reflects my personal view of someone I know.  I respect and like jack VERY much.  This is just a good heated all in fun debate and I shall walk away with no hurt feelings no matter what is said and I know jack feels the same way.

So if you can't handle the political sarcasm and jabs then step back and let the big boys slug it out some more.  Ohhhhhhhhhh Jack, where are you man?  Ive been needing a good discussion for awhile, get back here and fight like a man!!! LOL

Oh, and this thread started with the knife pointing in the other direction, its a bitch when it gets turned around isnt it.
RIDE!!!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2007, 01:21:32 pm »
Looks like that study might be right...anywho, this report is coming in over the wires right now. It is being reported that Nancy Pelosi and the Gay Mafia of San Francisco have commandeered a fleet of government owned crop dusters. They were last seen spraying Tom Delay's house with Calvin Klein's Obsession before heading south in an anticipated attack on the country of Belize. According to eye witness testimony Ms. Pelosi stated that she planned to anoint herself Queen of Belize at U.S. taxpayers expense.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2007, 01:27:15 pm »
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!!!
RIDE!!!

Offline jack

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2007, 01:44:14 pm »
A.K. find me one deal Cheney and BUsh have done while in  public office that they then profitted from while in office has Reid has done on THREE occasions. These are the only ones we know about so far. In each case Reid bought very cheap land,introduced or pushed bill through congress that immediately made the property worth millions in profit. One of the deal he paid under 100 grand and made over a mill in profit. In another of the deals he pushed a bill through to spend 250 million in improvements on the property and he made approx 3 million in profit. this was also the piece of land that his records show he sold 5 years ago,but somehow he still owns it.
If this was a republican he would have already resigned from media pressure.

Look,you can come at us with all the Pelosi spin you want, she got caught. how about Murtha threatening to hold up DOD spending bills if she didnt get the plane she wanted.
Have you seen the plane that dirtball Hastert was flying? Its a freaking 12 seater. Not,braggin but I have flow in many corporate jets and let me tell you, thats a big fucking private jet. If she cant make do with it, maybe she should try working from home or move to DC. The expenses of flying her greaseball ass from the westcoast to eastcoast each week is unbelievable.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2007, 01:49:07 pm »
Friends can call me names all they like. People that have never said a kind word.....   not so much. AC   you're getting close to being able to snipe names at me,  the rest...nah not really.

Lets see what happens in a week or two in some other political  thread when I call Lefties "sniveling, baby raping, nut jobs" (pouting baby,Pedifile, whacko   same thing different words )

Wanna bet coffee I'll get severely chastised?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2007, 01:56:37 pm »
The expense of wading through your factless posts is mind numbing. What about the children Jack? The children? Don't you care that Denny's kids have two daddies? What about the money allocated by the faith based initiative that went to your friend Ted Haggert? Who would you let your children ride in a plane with Jack...Mark Foley or Nancy Pelosi? I would be careful calling an Italian American a greaseball...your racist slip is showing and that could be taken as a racial slur to Italian Americans. Join with me Jack in renouncing the perversion that pervades your party. What about the children....the children Jack?  

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2007, 01:57:35 pm »
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!!!

SHE AIN'T NO HUMAN BEING!

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2007, 02:02:41 pm »
Friends can call me names all they like. People that have never said a kind word.....   not so much. AC   you're getting close to being able to snipe names at me,  the rest...nah not really.

Lets see what happens in a week or two in some other political  thread when I call Lefties "sniveling, baby raping, nut jobs" (pouting baby,Pedifile, whacko   same thing different words )

OK... Nancy Pelosi is a jet-setting, sushi-eating liberal who hates the troops and enjoys shoving bamboo shoots under the fingernails of children while smearing battery acid on public toilet seats. 

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2007, 02:06:13 pm »

As a defender of peoples free speech and opinions I will be THE FIRST TO YOUR DEFENSE!  Have no doubt my right wing friend I got your back when it comes to debates like this.  I can take the jabs as long as they are funny!!!!
RIDE!!!

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2007, 02:07:51 pm »
A.K. find me one deal Cheney and BUsh have done while in  public office that they then profitted from while in office has Reid has done on THREE occasions. These are the only ones we know about so far. In each case Reid bought very cheap land,introduced or pushed bill through congress that immediately made the property worth millions in profit. One of the deal he paid under 100 grand and made over a mill in profit. In another of the deals he pushed a bill through to spend 250 million in improvements on the property and he made approx 3 million in profit. this was also the piece of land that his records show he sold 5 years ago,but somehow he still owns it.

Look,you can come at us with all the Pelosi spin you want, she got caught. how about Murtha threatening to hold up DOD spending bills if she didnt get the plane she wanted.
Have you seen the plane that dirtball Hastert was flying? Its a freaking 12 seater. Not,braggin but I have flow in many corporate jets and let me tell you, thats a big fucking private jet. If she cant make do with it, maybe she should try working from home or move to DC. The expenses of flying her greaseball ass from the westcoast to eastcoast each week is unbelievable.

Ok Jack, I shall try but I have to go back to work now.  Give me a few!  Murtha's quote was funny but uncalled for.
RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2007, 02:08:16 pm »
OK... Nancy Pelosi is a jet-setting, sushi-eating liberal who hates the troops and enjoys shoving bamboo shoots under the fingernails of children while smearing battery acid on public toilet seats. 

See... Now thats different...  You called Pelosi that, Call Dems that and you've got apples to apples.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2007, 02:10:48 pm »
See... Now thats different...  You called Pelosi that, Call Dems that and you've got apples to apples.

The Democratic party is nothing but spineless baby-eaters who sucker punch grandmothers of seven while watching filthy gay pornography and licking Fidel Castro's withered testicles. 

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2007, 02:11:08 pm »

...while inserting jewel encrusted dildos into baby seals, all at the tax payers expense.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2007, 02:12:46 pm »

...while inserting jewel encrusted dildos into baby seals, all at the tax payers expense.

I heard she does this in France, too.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2007, 02:25:47 pm »
Denny Hastert and Mark Foley gave Merengue lessons to under aged Congressional pages.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2007, 02:31:01 pm »
The Democratic party is nothing but spineless baby-eaters who sucker punch grandmothers of seven while watching filthy gay pornography and licking Fidel Castro's withered testicles. 

Everything is correct but the gay porn part, Haggard and the republicans have that one locked up tight.  Sorry indefinite one.
RIDE!!!

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2007, 02:34:42 pm »
Everything is correct but the gay porn part, Haggard and the republicans have that one locked up tight.  Sorry indefinite one.

Sorry... by "gay pornography," I meant "NEA-funded godless Mapplethorpe pictures."

But I'll bet Haggard has a collection of that, too. 

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2007, 03:19:23 pm »

1.  The land deal in Vegas is very above board, he bought the property outside of Vegas (which is the fastest growing city in the US, with skyrocketing land prices) for $400,000 in 1998.  In 2001, he transferred ownership to a partnership he was part of (nothing illegal there) and they then sold it in 2004 for 1.1 million.  This is a profit of $700,000 (split 2 ways as it was a partnership) not 1 million.  And the land was rezoned by the STATE not the federal government.  And I quote "The local zoning board... granted the land's reclassification and Reid's share of the company was sold for $1.1 million to shopping-center developers in 2004, leaving him with a theoretical profit of $700,000"

2.  Another little tidbit for you, about the former Speaker no less.  (He who lives in glass house and all that...)
One of the burdens of power is intense scrutiny, as former House Speaker Dennis Hastert discovered. Last year, the Tribune revealed that he made more than $1.5 million on an investment in land near a major highway project that Hastert had championed. 

3.  The Other land deal you refer to is the Bullhead AZ property.  Which he has made NOTHING on.  He owns it, partially.  They have not sold it.  It is several miles away from the proposed bridge.  I also just bought a house for what most would consider a STEAL, the deals are out there to be had.  He helped push through a 280 BILLION dollar federal transportation bill for the ENTIRE U.S. not the property he owned in AZ.   You should REALLY get your facts straight before shooting off.

Now on to Bush and Cheney.....
RIDE!!!

Offline jack

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2007, 03:31:23 pm »
If you think these real estate deals of Reids are above board you are being very naive. If any member of Congress is making money on deals like this they should resign immediately, I dont care what party they are in. This stinks!!!
Dont you see? This how crooks like Jack Wells a dem from Pasadena Tx retired from congress worth over 10 mill,all on a government salary. John Glenn retired worth many millions from his govt service. And of course who can forget LBJ, who traded on his speakership to make more money than probably anyone ever has.
You find nothing wrong with Reid and Pelosi shenanigans because they are from your side. Notice, republicans usually resign when they are caught,too bad same cant be said of your side.
You buying a house cheap and a member of Congress pushing through legislation that increases the value of his property by millions are two entirely different things.
Still waiting to hear about the money Cheney and W have made from oil while in office.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2007, 03:32:48 pm »
HOw bout if they are Governor Jack?
RIDE!!!

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2007, 03:42:20 pm »
If you think these real estate deals of Reids are above board you are being very naive. If any member of Congress is making money on deals like this they should resign immediately, I dont care what party they are in. This stinks!!!
Dont you see? This how crooks like Jack Wells a dem from Pasadena Tx retired from congress worth over 10 mill,all on a government salary. John Glenn retired worth many millions from his govt service. And of course who can forget LBJ, who traded on his speakership to make more money than probably anyone ever has.
You find nothing wrong with Reid and Pelosi shenanigans because they are from your side. Notice, republicans usually resign when they are caught,too bad same cant be said of your side.
You buying a house cheap and a member of Congress pushing through legislation that increases the value of his property by millions are two entirely different things.
Still waiting to hear about the money Cheney and W have made from oil while in office.

How much was he worth going INTO Congress?  Thats the question.  John Glenn would be worth millions no matter what he did for god sake!  He was the first American into space!  Please dont give LBJ the credit for having earned the most on Speaking, Clinton has FAR surpassed his predecessors!  Its Clinton's title, don't forget it.  I find Reid's deals slightly shady, but I am more concerned with the bigger picture.  The lying by the HEAD republicans.  That got us into a quaqmire in Iraq.  Republicans are FAMOUS for ignoring the BIGGEST issue and pointing out these tiny little blips on the radar.  It's called the bait and switch!

And Pelosi has done NOTHING wrong.  There ARE no shenanigans.  She asked for clarification.  The war hawks went public as usual.
RIDE!!!

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2007, 03:45:03 pm »
And I am having trouble finding conclusive proof as of yet on Bush and Cheney while IN office.  They are douchebags but they arent too stupid (or rather those protecting them aren't stupid).  I did find one thing on Bush so far and it was a quick look around....

Criminal behavior: Last week we reported that when he was an owner of the Texas Rangers George W. Bush used eminent domain to seize private property in Arlington, Texas, in order to build a baseball stadium. Less than ten years later, when he was governor of Texas, Bush sold his interest in the Rangers and profited over $14 million.

This exactly the sort of gambit used by former Illinois governor Otto Kerner, who was convicted of tax fraud as a result. Why was Gov. Kerner prosecuted but not Gov. Bush? Well, for one thing, Gov. Kerner was a Democrat.Since then, we have learned that there is much more to this story. First, it appears that Mr. Bush evaded paying sufficient taxes on the sale. Second - and, more signficantly - he appears to have illegally used political influence as governor of Texas to increase the value of his share - actions that mirror the activities of an Illinois governor who was convicted of income tax fraud for influencing public policy that benefited his holdings in a race track .

Finally, the Rangers ultimately refused to pay the court-ordered $7.5 million settlement to the family whose land Bush seized, leaving the taxpayers of Arlington to cover the debt.
RIDE!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.