Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:56:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 225
Total: 225

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: any suggestion before i start truvada/isentress.  (Read 23595 times)

Offline angelgaby

any suggestion before i start truvada/isentress.
« on: February 03, 2010, 08:10:38 pm »
starting meds on friday.  anyone have any tips before i start truvada\isentress. im new to meds and am a bit nervous. any info helpful.

thanks

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: any suggestion before i start truvada/isentress.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 08:12:50 pm »
I have no tips, for the simple reason that this is the easiest HIV medication combo I've ever been on.  If your experience is like mine the most you might experience is a headache one a week during the first month.  An aspirin is all it took to deal with that.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 08:26:28 pm »
This is a very easy combo, easy-peasy.

I did not even get a headache, in fact the opposite, I was having bad headaches before starting meds and the meds got rid of them.

I guess the only tricky thing to some people (not a big deal for me) is the twice a day Isentress dosing. At first I set a cell phone alarm for both doses (9 AM and 9 PM) but now I'm able to remember without the alarm (even though compared to Miss P I'm really a newbie . . . let's see, 7 months versus 17 years!@).

It should be once-a-day in the near future and I heard a rumor that at some point it will be sold as one pill, like Atripla is.

PS: I read in one of your other posts that you're finishing a course of antibiotics, I highly recommend that you take some probiotcs (either pill form or something like Activia yogurt) in order to replenish your good bacteria and help avoid fungal and other infections.

Don't be scared of Isentress/Truvada it really is an easy combo and you will start seeing improvements in no time. Isentress has been shown to lower viral load very fast.

And make sure not to skip any Isentress/Truvada doses, especially in the beginning it's very important! Isentess is a great and potent drug but it does have a low barrier to resistance meaning if you skip doses, especially while you still have a viral load, you could become resistant.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 08:38:31 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline angelgaby

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 10:29:00 pm »
inchlingblue,

thank you so much..just what i was hoping and looking to hear. i feel like such crap lately that i figured its time. my numbers have been as low as 50 and viral load starting to go up. so its time.  thanks for the tip to take porbiotcs..have so much on my mind would not have even thought of it.  since being on the forum and some wonderful response my fear is not as bad and i think im actually looking forward to starting and getting my energy back.

cant thank you enough! :)

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 10:52:56 pm »
Hey Angelbaby,

I started the same regimen last July. I will echo what the others said: Easy, no side effects, a piece of cake.

As Philly said, it is probably the easiest, most trouble-free combo I have ever taken - and I have been on a lot of them.

I think you will be fine.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline angelgaby

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 01:33:40 pm »
thanks  to all for the advice...start tomorrow..keeping my fingers crossed! :-\

Offline megasept

• Steven here...
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 03:38:58 pm »
hey!

that's my combo, too, since 1/09.

i did/do have occasional runs/runny stools  :-[, and belching----all gastrointestinal stuff. didn't ever notice any other side effects (nor benefits). sometimes i treat the diarrhea (immodium), but mostly i just ignore it and after an hour or less i am good to go (i.e., exercise strenuously). The belching is 75%+ gone due to below. i don't mind belching when alone, but it's definitely anti-social. you probably know about plain toast and lots of water, right?

the walking and oatmeal were added a half year back. i always exercised hard. positive changes occurred in 3 days.

---walk a lot (far/fast/wide stride); exercise daily (or close), as well.

---eat heaping bowl of oatmeal mornings. EAT OATMEAL. lol.

That's my advice. Seems to have lessened the negative effects by 3/4, which is pretty good.

Good Health!
-Steven (aka  8) megasept)

Offline MYSTERY

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 04:45:34 pm »
Hey Angelgaby,

I have been on Isentress/Truvada for about 3 weeks now and I must say that I have had no side affects from this combo. I was taking Atripla and had the CNS issues along with sleep issues. I have found since I switched to the Isentress/Truvada my sleep issues are getting better and I have no CNS issues. The switch after 5 years on Atripla has been the best thing I could have done for my mental health. I FEEL GREAT!!!!!!!! ;D
Atheist don't believe in GOD, but GOD believes in them and loves them. Never let the failure of man conflict with your love of GOD.

Offline angelgaby

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 05:25:10 pm »
megasept,

if thats the worst i will take it..i have been so nervous about starting meds. i hate oatmeal, but i will give it another try if it helps..lol   will get immodium to have it on hand. these tips are so helpful...thank u!

mystery,
so glad to hear meds are treating you well...that is very encouraging to hear.

Offline MYSTERY

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 06:09:01 pm »
Angelgaby,

If you find that you are having gastrointestinal issues try taking some pro biotics. I take DDS PROBIOTICS, Pro-bioplus DDS, and have found that I do not have any issues with runny stools. Probiotic will also help with restoring the natural flora to your intestinal tract which affects your immune system.

Good luck my friend you will do just fine. ;D
Atheist don't believe in GOD, but GOD believes in them and loves them. Never let the failure of man conflict with your love of GOD.

Offline angelgaby

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 03:11:49 pm »
since im starting meds this evening...just want to make sure i do this right..i take both pills at same time right?? should i eat or it doesnt matter? last docs visit i took it so much info and want to make sure thats what i heard..

what a blessing this site is!!!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 03:17:36 pm »
Hi Angel. Both meds can be taken with or without food. You can take both at the same time, but don't forget that the Isentress has to be taken twice a day. Take another dose of Isentress tomorrow morning, approximately twelve hours after the dose you take tonight. You only need to take the Truvada once a day and it's up to you whether you take it with your morning or evening dose of Isentress. It's probably best to take both together when you're taking them for the very first time ever.

If you haven't already found it, there is a section of this website dedicated to info on all the available hiv meds. click here

I'm so glad you're taking the plunge and starting. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 03:18:48 pm »
since im starting meds this evening...just want to make sure i do this right..i take both pills at same time right?? should i eat or it doesnt matter? last docs visit i took it so much info and want to make sure thats what i heard..

what a blessing this site is!!!!!

Isentress is to be taken twice a day or has your doctor prescribed it differently?

I take one Isentress and one Truvada at around 8 AM and then I take one Isentress at about 8 PM.

If you are taking Isentress as it's supposed to be prescribed (twice a day) then you should space it about 12 hours apart. It makes sense to start in the morning so you can then take your evening dose about 12 hours later. As Ann says, your first dose should be one where you take both together (this is important).

It was recommended to me to take Truvada as part of the morning dose to avoid possible sleep issues. I'm not sure if that is accurate or not (that Truvada causes sleep issues) but I take it in the morning just in case.

There's no rule against starting your meds in the evening when you are taking meds that have twice a day dosing but it makes more sense (to me anyway) to start with a morning dose.

Not that you should be delaying this any more but maybe just start tomorrow morning with one Isentress and one Truvada and then 12 hours later take your second dose of only Isentress, just a suggestion.

It helps, especially at first, to use a weekly pill dispenser. Fill it up for the week and start your meds, that way if you are not sure if you have taken a dose you can look at what's left in the dispenser.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 03:27:55 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline MYSTERY

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 03:19:19 pm »
Hey Angelgaby,

I take my Isentress/Truvada at 11 am and then take my second Isentress at 11 PM. It does not matter if you eat anything with the medication. I tend to take it on an empty stomach. I am sure you will be just fine. Like many have said it's the easiest drug as far as side affects go.

Offline angelgaby

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 03:29:23 pm »
ok..so i will start tomorrow morning 8am...i was just double checking....

thank u so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 03:34:29 pm »
ok..so i will start tomorrow morning 8am...i was just double checking....

thank u so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Make sure you start tomorrow morning! ;)

One Isentress and one Truvada at 8 AM and then just one Isentress at 8 PM. I was pretty exact about my timing at first (until the meds have time to get in your system and for you to become undetectable) but after a while you can be off with timing somewhat and it's not a big deal (avoid missing doses though).

You will more than likely not experience any side effects at all, as mentioned before this is a very easy combo.

Did you get a pill dispenser?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 05:28:47 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline angelgaby

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 05:05:40 pm »
8am and 8pm works perfect...i want to do this right! i havent gotten pill dispenser yet..im trying to figure out a system so im on point with all meds that i have to take..i take thyroid and blood pressure meds as well.  with those meds u miss a dose not that big of a deal.  im just hoping to feel better soon.

Offline BlueMoon

• Calling from the Fun House
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 05:22:10 pm »
I use a pill box to keep track, and an alarm clock to alert me to the evening dose.  I also have an Isentress tab stashed in my car.  I've sometimes been as much as a few hours late, but in two years I've never completely missed a dose.
It's a complex world

Offline Okealyshire

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 02:41:19 am »
sometimes i treat the diarrhea (immodium), but mostly i just ignore it and after an hour or less i am good to go

An hour of diarrhea? Wow, you must get a lot of reading done :)

Which makes me wonder...can reading in the bathroom be considered multitasking? hahaha

Offline angelgaby

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 09:08:49 am »
ok so i started this morning at 8.....c how it goes

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 10:12:21 am »
ok so i started this morning at 8.....c how it goes

congratulations, this is something you really needed to do based on your CD4 count . . . . as long as you are adherent, you will do just fine . . . when is the next time you go in to get lab work done?

since you delayed starting that at least is good in one way: you should be able to build up a reserve supply of extra meds for a rainy day . . . you should make sure to renew as soon as you are able to every time, it's always good to have some extra meds on hand, you never know when they could come in handy  
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 01:44:38 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline angelgaby

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 11:09:35 am »
i just had lab work done.  my cd4 counts have been low for so long, and i was just afraid to do anything.  i was basing all my info on my experience with my husband who passed...when he did meds they just beat him up...we r going back 8 years.  My doc has been on me to take meds for the longest time. im going to c him this week to tell him i started...omg he is going to b thrilled. so i want to say labs will b done in four weeks.  would love to c some higher numbers or better yet just feel better.  With two teenagers i need my energy back...lol. 

as far as meds im prepared ...i made sure to have two month supply...u just never know.

Offline angelgaby

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 11:01:48 pm »
ok so first day on meds..really not so bad. stomach a bit sour and crampy but otherwise i think im good...so grateful for all that gave me advice!

Offline angelgaby

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 12:20:36 pm »
ok so im on third day of meds. its going pretty well so far. only thing im feeling is some lower back pain..didnt have it before meds....any ideas??

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 12:59:46 pm »
ok so im on third day of meds. its going pretty well so far. only thing im feeling is some lower back pain..didnt have it before meds....any ideas??

I very much doubt it is due to the meds.

Offline angelgaby

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 10:04:58 pm »
so seven day into meds.  Really not so bad. have had some stomach upset and gas, but thats been it so far. i was expecting so much worse. im hoping my energy will follow soon. but for all the people out there waiting to start....have some faith and just go for it. 

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2010, 12:49:17 am »
so seven day into meds.  Really not so bad. have had some stomach upset and gas, but thats been it so far. i was expecting so much worse. im hoping my energy will follow soon. but for all the people out there waiting to start....have some faith and just go for it. 

That's great, angelbaby . . . keep us posted as your numbers improve.

I was curious to ask you about the thyroid pill b/c I think I might have to start on that. My TSH level has sometimes been a little high but then it goes back to normal so I have been avoiding it. It's weird, I'm having more hesitation over that than I did over the HIV meds. I know it's just a simple pill with no side effects, not sure why I'm being so hesitant.

I guess my questions are: were you feeling any of the classic low thyroid symptoms before starting the thyroid replacement? If so, did you notice improvements after starting? Do you take it every single day?

Thanks ;)

Offline angelgaby

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2010, 11:48:00 am »
my thyroid numbers were very low. i was tired all the time and gaining weight. i want to say about two weeks into the medicine i felt better. i have to take it in morning with no food and have to wait about an hour to eat..there r no side affects so that was good.  and yes it is everyday..u really have to stick to it for it to work...but i guess thats with everythng..lol

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2010, 12:57:09 pm »
Thanks for the info, it's very helpful.

Offline megasept

• Steven here...
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2010, 09:52:03 pm »
An hour of diarrhea? Wow, you must get a lot of reading done :)

Which makes me wonder...can reading in the bathroom be considered multitasking? hahaha

i do a lot of reading...but not on the crapper. -Steven (aka  8) megasept)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 02:45:27 pm by megasept »

Offline angelgaby

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2010, 06:19:09 pm »
just updating, im a few weeks into meds and i dont know what i ever waited for. this is the best combo!!! other then a bit of  a sour stomach here and there i have no complaints. i will b taking blood test in about a week or so to c if any improvement.  im keeping my fingers crossed.

thanks again to all who encouraged me to start.  :)

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2010, 08:05:08 pm »
just updating, im a few weeks into meds and i dont know what i ever waited for. this is the best combo!!! other then a bit of  a sour stomach here and there i have no complaints. i will b taking blood test in about a week or so to c if any improvement.  im keeping my fingers crossed.

Great to hear that: we told you so! ;)

Remember not to skip any doses since Isentress does have a low barrier to resistance. Keep us posted on your numbers.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2010, 11:52:25 pm »

That is great news.

Keep up the good work.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline angelgaby

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2010, 07:22:38 pm »
so just another update. .. after 4 weeks on combo viral load undectable!! tcells havent moved much still at 100 but im hopeful..only thing i notice is some boby aches..anyone else get that???

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2010, 07:39:27 pm »
so just another update. .. after 4 weeks on combo viral load undectable!! tcells havent moved much still at 100 but im hopeful..only thing i notice is some boby aches..anyone else get that???

What kind of body aches, can you be more specific?

The Tcells will start going up, you'll see. Mine didn't go up much when I had the first results 3 weeks after starting meds and then they went up to almost 700. Do you know when you go back for blood work?

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2010, 08:46:52 pm »

If they feel like muscle aches you should call your doctor and talk to him/her about it.  There is a small chance that Isentress can break down your muscle system in a way that can also harm your kidneys (rhabdomyolysis).  That's why my doc took me off Isentress.  If it sounds like this might be happening when you talk it over with your doctor, (s)he can test your CPK levels to see if they are out of whack.

It doesn't happen very often at all, but it is worth calling the doctor to talk about how you are feeling in case you are one of those rare cases for whom Isentress doesn't work well.

Best

A

**edit -- typo
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 08:53:47 pm by Assurbanipal »
5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline angelgaby

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2010, 11:06:09 pm »
body is just full of aches, muscles are sore, kinda funny feeling.  nothing i cant live with..sometimes i wiill take a vicodan and that seems to help.  i mean if thats the worst of it i will take it. i just did blood work a week ago , so im guessing it will be about six weeks or so before i have to go again. keeping my fingers crossed that tcells go up in meantime. i was hoping to get my energy level back after starting the meds but thats the one thing i havent gotten back. there r days i feel like i have been in a boxing match and lost..lol.

thanks for all ur responses they help me so much!

Offline angelgaby

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2010, 09:55:57 am »
hey anyone have any stomach issues with this combo? my only other concern is my energy level..its at o all the time! i cant figure it out ,mayb its meds ..not sure..i have went over this with doc a few times and then he will change some other meds i take that could cause this but that doesnt work. ..it is stressing me out big time..i have two teenagers i need to keep up with. wondering if its just bcause tcellls so low...april will b 15 years pos for me and this year it alll seems to be hitting me...i hate alll this complaining im doing but the help i get from you guys is so great... :(

Offline angelgaby

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2010, 10:50:41 pm »
hey anyone have any stomach issues with this combo? my only other concern is my energy level..its at o all the time! i cant figure it out ,mayb its meds ..not sure..i have went over this with doc a few times and then he will change some other meds i take that could cause this but that doesnt work. ..it is stressing me out big time..i have two teenagers i need to keep up with. wondering if its just bcause tcellls so low...april will b 15 years pos for me and this year it alll seems to be hitting me...i hate alll this complaining im doing but the help i get from you guys is so great...

Posted on: March 10, 2010, 11:06:09 pmPosted by: angelgaby 
Insert Quote
body 

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2010, 11:02:04 pm »
I'm on this combo and I have no stomach issues whatsoever.

I recommend that you take probiotics, preferably in pill form but you can also try one of the yogurt products that have it such as Activia. Fiber is also very important for proper digestive health.

As far as your energy levels are you saying that your energy levels decreased after you started Isentress/Truvada? Usually after starting meds energy levels increase.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 10:55:28 am by Inchlingblue »

Offline carpediem98

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2010, 10:49:19 am »
I think it was Miss Philicia who once said in a thread: "Truvada makes you fart. It's just true."  I've found that  I am a little gassier than before, and if I don't eat around the time I take my medicine, I get to spend some time in the bathroom reading.

That said, I feel very lucky to have a doctor who was willing to prescribe Isentress/Truvada for me in the months before it was approved for treatment-naive patients. To his credit, he also discussed the data he had seen supporting once a day dosing, so I've always taken one daily dose - i.e., one Truvada and two Isentress at once. I understand that not everyone is comfortable taking that leap at this stage of the game... My viral load was undetectable in three weeks, my CD4s started to creep higher (slower than I'd like but I also have had a stressful life this past year which can contribute to depressed CD4s), and I felt like a million bucks... a "normal" feeling returned to my body. The only thing I noticed was that if I didn't make sure to time my lunch close to my dose, my tummy misbehaved.

It sounds like you're doing great. Definitely, as a matter of caution, make sure your doctor includes the creatine kinase test in your blood work - but she or he will probably do that anyway. And see if it helps to time your meals to coincide with your medicine... a little something solid might help with the tummy issues. There's no pharmacokinetic reason why you HAVE to take 'em with food - but it might offer a benefit regarding the way the combo treats your digestive tract.

Offline Okealyshire

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2010, 12:25:59 pm »
I think it was Miss Philicia who once said in a thread: "Truvada makes you fart. It's just true."  I've found that  I am a little gassier than before, and if I don't eat around the time I take my medicine, I get to spend some time in the bathroom reading.

I can confirm this! From the moment I started Truvada I noticed an increase in my body's, uh, exhaust output. Once I asked a pharmacist what to do. Her response killed me: "Well, you can't make the gas completely disappear from the universe. Some people have mild success with simethicone, maybe you can try that."

Simethicone (Gas-X, Phazyme, generics) is a surfactant that breaks up large gas bubbles. I suppose, for those in whom it works, smaller bubbles just sort of escape all day without notice. It didn't work for me. My colon finally went silent when I switched to Epzicom.

Offline Aida

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2010, 09:20:14 pm »
starting meds on friday.  anyone have any tips before i start truvada\isentress. im new to meds and am a bit nervous. any info helpful.

thanks
It sais in my book that Truvada should be taken with food, it is taken up in the bowl.
22.03.04 Tested positive VL 100 000
02.02.06 CD4 377 VL2100
06.10.06 CD4 398 VL7600
27.03.07 CD4 174 VL29700
10.05.07 CD4 144 VL5190
29.08.07. CD4 159. OI in stomack,operation, complications
22.11.07. CD4 293 Long recovery
01.08.08 Kidney failure due to dehydration and Bactrim.
09.03.09 CD4 329 VL2640 Retrovir, Reyataz and Norvir
01.07.09 change due to anemi to Truvada, Reyataz and Norvir
10.12.09 CD4 363 VL 0 Kidney damage GFR40

Offline Aida

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2010, 09:24:08 pm »
Hi Angel. Both meds can be taken with or without food. You can take both at the same time, but don't forget that the Isentress has to be taken twice a day. Take another dose of Isentress tomorrow morning, approximately twelve hours after the dose you take tonight. You only need to take the Truvada once a day and it's up to you whether you take it with your morning or evening dose of Isentress. It's probably best to take both together when you're taking them for the very first time ever.

If you haven't already found it, there is a section of this website dedicated to info on all the available hiv meds. click here

I'm so glad you're taking the plunge and starting. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
you have to take Truvada with food, it is absorbed in the bowl
Ann
22.03.04 Tested positive VL 100 000
02.02.06 CD4 377 VL2100
06.10.06 CD4 398 VL7600
27.03.07 CD4 174 VL29700
10.05.07 CD4 144 VL5190
29.08.07. CD4 159. OI in stomack,operation, complications
22.11.07. CD4 293 Long recovery
01.08.08 Kidney failure due to dehydration and Bactrim.
09.03.09 CD4 329 VL2640 Retrovir, Reyataz and Norvir
01.07.09 change due to anemi to Truvada, Reyataz and Norvir
10.12.09 CD4 363 VL 0 Kidney damage GFR40

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2010, 09:28:42 pm »
Aida, Truvada can be taken with or without food, it does not matter either way.

Truvada is a tablet taken once a day. It can be taken with or without food. If you have kidney problems, you may need to take Truvada less often.

LINK:

http://www.aidsmeds.com/archive/Truvada_1584.shtml

PS: I don't think you did it on purpose but you misquoted Ann. Her wrath will now be upon you ;)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:31:09 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline angelgaby

« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2010, 01:31:42 pm »
has anyone found that eating glueten free helps ease any stomach problems with meds??

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2010, 02:53:08 pm »
has anyone found that eating glueten free helps ease any stomach problems with meds??

I think that would only apply if the person has a gluten allergy or celiac disease.

What kind of stomach problems are we talking about? If it's excess gas that could be Truvada and OTC gas reducers could help.

Did your stomach issues start immediately after you started the HIV meds or did you have them before?

Offline angelgaby

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2010, 04:50:53 pm »
yes , this started a few weeks into meds.  im having a trouble eating, (which is not normal for me..lol) after eating breads or anything kinda heavy i have horrible stomach pains and become so tired..but if i eat yogurt and protein during the day my stomach seems ok.so weird ... i also notice that after starting meds little issues had started to come up...doc told me thats normal....

sometimes i think some of this may be some depression... i have alot going on to say the least...im not a doc person so im trying to figure this out on my own.

thanks

Offline mannymartinez

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2010, 09:09:18 am »
hi  im  new  to this  site

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2010, 10:55:50 am »
hi  im  new  to this  site

Hi, and welcome.

Your post here will get lost so you might want to start a thread and introduce yourself.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.