Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:01:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 384
Total: 386

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Another thanks  (Read 1544 times)

Offline wolfter

Another thanks
« on: January 15, 2012, 10:53:27 pm »
Sometimes I wonder what I'd do if I didn't have you all.  In "real" life, I'm surrounded by many wonderful and great people whom I truly cherish.  But I sometimes also feel so totally alone when surrounded by the masses. 

I'm usually not proned to depression and mostly have the upbeat life of the party personality.  I'm hyper emotional and try to avoid that place.  I do great most of the time without much effort.  I can usually derail it when it happens.  I'm not sure what happened yesterday but I went to that dark abyss yesterday and struggled to leave it.  I was surrounded by so many happy couples just laughing and loving. 

I grieved again like it was a recent occurence.  My brain and emotions were going a million miles a minute and I was suddenly at a loss how to control it.  Thankfully, I managed to excuse myself and be in private for my little breakdown.  Maybe I AM the girl  because I cried and couldn't make it stop. :o 

I did the 3 mile walk home in the single digit temperatures which helped a lot.  Even though I didn't log in, I trolled for a while last night for perspective.  A while ago, this might have been a crisis.  But thanks to you all, I was able to accept and deal with it.  So thanks to each and all.  I was definitely back in that good place by morning.  I had to be, I worked a double today. 

And NO, it wasn't a white zin induced moment.   :o  Seriously though, thanks all.  It's too bad we didn't have this support system decades ago, but am eternally grateful they exist now.

Greggie (who really likes remembering being called that)
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
Re: Another thanks
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 12:05:23 am »
Greggie,

I know what you mean. I have a similar personal profile of survival and upbeat tendencies.  But I also go into down periods at intervals as I mentioned in a previous post here.  Of course you know that it is natural to grieve and have such moments from time to time. 

I am reminded of lyrics from a Bill Withers song.  A few of the words I love but assign my own meaning. I use the following verse as a metaphor for crying and then feeling better afterwards:

...I see the crystal raindrops fall
And the beauty of it all
Is when the sun comes shining through
To make those rainbows in my mind...

Even though the following verse from the same song is also potent, I tend to focus on the one above:

...no time for tears
Wasted water's all that is
And it don't make no flowers grow...

I am so glad that you find comfort and support from these boards.  I do too.

Take care.
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 04:03:12 am »
Greggie,

Crying doesn't make you "the girl."  The world would be a better place, if more men allowed themselves to not be afraid to show emotion. 

Glad to hear you allowed yourself to feel those emotions and didn't try to squash them. 

Ted

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 11:48:22 am »
Crying is good, even I do it sometimes, I used to hide it from others, but, I don't anymore, sometimes it just flows and flows, then it will stop on it's own, after I'm done crying it feels so much better  ;) it's hard to discus a lot a my feeling, they tend to be kinda out there, and others don't always understand them....
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.