Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:26:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 232
Total: 235

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Saw III  (Read 18548 times)

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
Saw III
« on: October 26, 2006, 01:14:58 pm »
I know I'm lame, but I am so excited to see Saw III tomorrow!  I love horror movies and thrillers. 

http://www.saw3.com/legend/legend.html

I will admit, Saw II paled in comparison to the original, but I have high hopes for this next installment.  I also like the Jeepers Creepers series and the Ginger Snaps movies (minus the third in the trilogy).

Are there any other horror/thriller fans out there?  If not, how about any movie suggestions that have sequels...   How about more fellow Netflix subscribers I can add to my extensive buddy list?

Offline Cliff

Re: Saw III
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 01:27:12 pm »
You liked Jeepers Creepers?  Dear God.  Will forced me to see Jeepers Creepers II (I somehow managed to miss the first installment).  I was bored to tears.  It was more annoying (all those teenagers screaming at each other, thinking that was acting) than scary.

Have fun!  It may be a long while before I catch Saw III, as I've yet to see the first two.

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 02:03:02 pm »
I thought the first Jeepers Creepers provided some good character development for the siblings.  I thought it lacked a good explanation for why this creature existed in the first place, however.  With that said, good character development allowed me to feel some adrenaline when one of the siblings got captured.  I also liked the cavern of corpses and the suspense throughout. 

The second Jeepers Creepers was just a good spook once the history from the first was laid.  Overall the two movies were done better than most horror films.  W/ the ending of the second, I would love to see how the father & son deals w/ the return of the creature in a third installment as they have the remains chained in the barn.

I suppose this love of horror is just part of a greater tendency of mine to be an adrenaline/dopamine junkie.  At least w/ movies it's natural.   ;)

Dan J.

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 02:03:19 pm »
I haven't seen any of the Saw movie & never heard of Jeepers Creepers. I watched Hostel about a month ago, talk about scarry! I don't think I could stand a Hostel 2...

Dan J.

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 02:05:40 pm »
Believe it or not, I hated Hostel.  I could not identify w/ the characters and was actually kind of happy when most of them died.  The twist at the end was no surprise to me and overall it was a lot of senseless gore.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 12:14:59 am »
I didn't care for hostel either but some scenes did make me flinch. I can't wait to see Saw 3, I'm already trying to guess if the man is back from the first one or if there are more accomplices.....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 09:39:26 am »
Well apparently the guy who co-wrote the first one Leigh Whannell (played Adam) has helped write this one, so again, I have some high hopes for Saw III.  Almost everytime I go to a movie with some sort of expectation, it falls short.  I love it when I go to a movie knowing nothing of the storyline.  That happened w/ the movie Seven, which blew me away at the time and then of course the original Saw.  And then there was also Cabin Fever (great flick!)  Since then, I've been waiting...

Offline Iggy

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 11:56:03 am »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 08:09:20 pm by Iggy »

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 12:06:07 pm »
Don't get me started on zombie movies...  they are my favorite!  The remake of Dawn of the Dead was the best!  I totally forgot to mention all of this in my previous posts.  Great link.  Now I have something else to look forward to!

I notice one of the characters in this trailer is from the Devil's Rejects.  Another great flick along with Wolf Creek.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 12:09:47 pm by MSPspud »

Offline Iggy

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 12:47:01 pm »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 08:09:35 pm by Iggy »

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 01:08:08 pm »
The Land of the Dead was cheesy.  Sadly, I'd still rather see a bad horror movie then any romantic comedy.  Julia Roberts annoys me and the rest of that pack. 

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 02:09:15 pm »
I still find the shower scene in Psycho hard to watch. There's no chance of my viewing something as graphic as Saw III, unless someone cuddles me ;)

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 02:51:09 pm »
There is nothing in the world better than a well done horror flick. Unless of course it's a cheesy horror flick. A partial list includes:

Motel Hell (It takes all kinds of critters to make farmer John's fritters)

The Hills Have Eyes (the original)

The Exorcist (Saw this one when I was ten)

Phantasm (If the Walkin' Man doesn't scare you, you're already dead)

Halloween (Even though it's old, it's still awesome)

The Birds (Proof you don't need huge amounts of gore to be scared shitless)

All of the HellRaiser movies (Smoking lots of dope before watching all of them back-to-back is NOT recommended)

Enjoy kiddies, and Happy Halloween!

The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2006, 03:15:58 pm »
(Smoking lots of dope before watching all of them back-to-back is NOT recommended)

Not recommended?  I thought it was REQUIRED this whole time  ;)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2006, 04:24:26 pm »
Well I just totally lost my post that I had written, wtf? Anyhoo....smoking is mandatory before watching a scary movie.

[attachment deleted by admin]
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2006, 06:36:40 pm »
Queen A.
   If you are posting something and someone else posts simultaneously, then you will not be able to post, and you will have to start all over. It's really annoying when you have a lengthy reply, it doesn't go through,and then gets wiped out and you have to start all over again. Also, I love the kitty rolling one, that rocks! I wish I could train Kitty C. to do that trick. I can't do it worth a damn.

"What? No flash again?" Isn't that from a Prince song regarding the inventor of the Accu-Jack?

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2006, 11:35:00 pm »
Queen A.

"What? No flash again?" Isn't that from a Prince song regarding the inventor of the Accu-Jack?

^5...Yes, it is, Prince's Controversy LP...The song is Sexuality...I wanted to put the whole quote to that but it would take too much space... ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2006, 12:09:34 am »
Warning:  Do not see Saw III unless you have seen the first movie. 

The return of Leigh Whannell to the cast and as a director of this movie helped the third installment regain some of the storyline complexity.  It makes the second Saw seem out of place but all the same it was very entertaining.  Without giving any of the movie away, I will just give my rating.  Compared to the first movie, it was a solid B.  I will look forward to a prequel if they dare make another Saw.   :o

Happy Halloween everyone!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 12:11:29 am by MSPspud »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2006, 02:43:04 am »
Warning:  Do not see Saw III unless you have seen the first movie. 

The return of Leigh Whannell to the cast and as a director of this movie helped the third installment regain some of the storyline complexity. 

Ok, Leigh is the dude from the first one, that did the traps and stuff? If so then my theory I stated earlier must be true....Thanks.......Happy Sam Hain......
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2006, 05:53:06 pm »
I love a good scary movie!  Since you mentioned "The Devil's Rejects", I thought Rob Zombie's movie before that- "House of 1,000 Corpses"- was cool.  Haven't seen "Hostel" or "Cabin Fever", but I have seen Eli Roth...yum.

I also gotta tip the hat to dear John Carpenter.  His remake of "The Thing" was simply awesome, in my opinion.

~+
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 11:20:59 pm by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2006, 06:14:33 pm »
Thunter34
   I haven't seen the Rob Zombie movie, but some friends did and said it totally rocked. John Carpenter definitely makes a creepy movie. If you haven't yet seen it, I recommend "Into the Mouth of Madness" It can be a bit cheesy, but overall really well done. If HJP Lovecraft were to have made a movie, this is the type of thing he would have made.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2006, 06:38:35 pm »
OMG!  I totally forgot about "Into the Mouth of Madness"!  Good call on that one.  I love Carpenter's remake of "The Thing" because it has such strong character development and ensemble acting ( a la the "Alien" films), and because it has such magnificent squish in it...in the days long before CGI effects.  It was all done with rubber and Ragu back in the day.  I still have tremendous respect for that degree of creativity and artistry.

"The Devil's Rejects" (which I have not yet seen) seems to continue with mad and murderous characters first introduced in "1,000 Corpses".  I'm eager to see it since the first really did rock.

I think they should do a remake of the 1979 film "Prophecy" (not to be confused with the Christopher Walken film from some years later).  It had a great idea that was saddled with a heavy-handed script and a truly cheesy mutant bear suit.  With a new storytelling team and the advances in effects technology, I think it could make for a legendary monster movie.  A shame Frankenheimer didn't pull it off the first time...many of his earlier films are masterpieces.  (On that note, Angela Lansbury in the original "Manchurian Candidate" is about as scary as anything I can think of! LOL)

~+
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2006, 07:25:45 pm »
Hated Saw so have no intention of seeing the 2 sequels.  Watched Hostel the other day and think it one of the stupidest, crappiest movies ever made (how the hell did the lone survivor know the German man had tortured/killed his friend???  He wasn't there when his friend was killed and there was no link to the German at all -- and talk about holes in the plot -- as if missing person reports for travelers to the same destination wouldn't tip off more than just the crooked local authorities).   I saw another piece of crap called Abominable recently and the title is quite accurate.   Also wish I'd avoided Alone in the Dark and Silent Hill, another couple of celluloid soporifics.

I did like Dawn of the Dead but that's probably because Kevin Zegers is such a cutie (he was great in TransAmerica).  When the original Exorcist came out a friend and I took acid and laughed our asses off.  A couple of friends dragged me (tripping again) to the first Friday the 13th and I almost ran out of the theater numerous times because of all the needless gore.  In my humble opinion movies that rely on so much gore are a waste of time.  Give me Cry Wolf or The Birds or Psycho, even the first Final Destination is a masterpiece compared to most of the crap out there.  I liked the first Nightmare on Elm Street although there was more gore than preferable and I've become a late fan of the Scream trilogy, especially the 2nd and 3rd, since they had sufficient humor to maintain my interest.   The original Alien still scares me shitless and both the 50s and 70s versions of Invasion of the Body Snatchers are good, especially the latter.   Although it's not horror The Bad Seed has always sent chills up my spine and even though it is dated if you view it in the right frame of mind it's still rather effective (except for the hokey Hollywood ending).

Now if you want to see a really scary movie find a copy of Dead of Night (1945).   

Boo
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2006, 07:37:03 pm »
...  (On that note, Angela Lansbury in the original "Manchurian Candidate" is about as scary as anything I can think of! LOL)

You hit the nail on the head there!  Angela played one of the scariest people you'd never want to meet.  Despite Frank Sinatra it's still one of my favorites.   

Boo

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2006, 07:44:00 pm »
Boo,

If you don't like excessive gore, I"m sure you're not a fan of the unrated version of "Dead Alive".  Directed by Peter Jackson (of "Lord of the Rings" fame), it has to stand as the goriest of the bunch.  Oceans of blood!  So over the top, it's hilarious...

~+
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2006, 08:00:40 pm »
Boo,

If you don't like excessive gore, I"m sure you're not a fan of the unrated version of "Dead Alive".  Directed by Peter Jackson (of "Lord of the Rings" fame), it has to stand as the goriest of the bunch.  Oceans of blood!  So over the top, it's hilarious...

~+

My apologies if I'm quasi-hijacking this thread.  I've never even heard of Dead Alive so thanks for the warning.  As for LOTK, I think Tolkien one of the dullest and most over-rated authors of all time and could never finish even the first book.  There's very little chance I'll ever see the movies (although I simply adored French and Saunders' parody of LOTK -- right on target! "Twinkelty-twinkelty-two.")   

Boo,
who leans toward Alice in Wonderland for fantasy reading

Offline Iggy

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2006, 09:41:18 am »

« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 08:08:55 pm by Iggy »

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2006, 04:04:43 pm »
Thunter34,
   Since you brought up Peter Jackson, have you seen the movie he made a number of years ago called "Meet The Feebles?" It is THE most insane, hilarious movie ever! It's the polar opposite of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Think Muppet Show on Acid, you've pretty much got the idea nailed. You are so right about the Prophecy, lotsa potential for a great flick. I also liked the Christopher Walken movie as well. After seeing it, I will never again think of angels as the benevolent beings we have made them out to be. That movie really made me re-examine what angels really are. To answer the question asked in the movie, no, I wouldn't want to meet one in a dark alley. I'm going to watch "God Told Me To" tonight. I will likely watch Manchurian Candidate his week sometime. There is nothing in the world worse than a lame assed horror movie. I've had nightmares after watching them that were actually Boring. So much so that i didn't want to go back to sleep because they were so dull.
   Captain Carl. (who looks forward to a good nightmare now and then)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2006, 04:59:04 pm »
Capt. Carl-

LOL!  Now, a frightening boring nightmare...that's pretty bad!  I have been this close:    >  *   <
to renting the "Feebles".  I'll be sure to check it out!

~+
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2006, 11:08:31 am »
Ok, Leigh is the dude from the first one, that did the traps and stuff? If so then my theory I stated earlier must be true....Thanks.......Happy Sam Hain......

Leigh is Adam from the first movie.  He was the photographer who was chained up and in the tub in the beginning scene.  Now that I had a couple of days to digest the whole movie, I think it was really good.  I may even see it again  :)

On a side note:  I just added Dead Alive to my Netflix movie queue.

On another side note:  I just saw Mean Creek last night.  What a great movie!  It's not horror, but it's along the lines of being a dark movie of sorts.  Great character development, acting and thought provoking. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 11:10:44 am by MSPspud »

Offline clarke

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2006, 03:08:27 pm »
Code: [Select]
(Smoking lots of dope before watching all of them back-to-back is NOT recommended)
Yeh, right!  I saw the first "The Alien" movie after partaking of a certain kind of mind-altering substance.  And SAW I and II?  Hmm, did I inhale?

Lemme know how Saw III was.  I only watched the first 2 at home when my better half and our rugrat were in Tennessee.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2006, 11:14:35 pm »
calling all horror junkies!

House of 1,000 Corpses is on TONIGHT (10/30) at 11:15 on the Independent Film Channel.  Uncut.

Rock On!

~+
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 11:20:13 pm by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2006, 11:07:36 am »
The House of a 1000 Corpses was a little too spiritual for my taste (but I did like it).  BTW, you’ve GOT to see the Devil’s Rejects, it’s sadistic and kind of funny in an awful way.  I saw that before the 1000 Corpses and was surprised that the two were in the same vein. 

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2006, 11:33:18 am »
Have you seen "Slither"?  Any commentary?  I have not yet, but part of me is itching to see it.  Also want to see that 8 film horror fest thing that's being advertised lately.

~+
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2006, 11:44:37 am »
Slither was a 3.5 out of 5 star movie in my opinion.  My friends loved it (though not true horror fans).  I guess I wasn’t sure if the movie was supposed to be a spoof or something serious b/c it didn’t go strongly in either direction.  I suppose Scream is like that too, but I loved the Scream series.  There were parts of Slither I did like and I would recommend seeing it overall.  Like I said, I’d see a bad horror movie before seeing a good romantic comedy any day  ;)

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2006, 11:51:31 am »
BTW, May is on IFC too.  I just saw that a week ago and it was really good.  DVR it!

Also, where and when is this 8 film horror fest?  Are you talking about IFC?

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2006, 12:19:17 pm »
Hated Saw so have no intention of seeing the 2 sequels.  Watched Hostel the other day and think it one of the stupidest, crappiest movies ever made (how the hell did the lone survivor know the German man had tortured/killed his friend???  He wasn't there when his friend was killed and there was no link to the German at all -- and talk about holes in the plot -- as if missing person reports for travelers to the same destination wouldn't tip off more than just the crooked local authorities).   I saw another piece of crap called Abominable recently and the title is quite accurate.   Also wish I'd avoided Alone in the Dark and Silent Hill, another couple of celluloid soporifics.

Boo

Boo -

OMG, I agree with you!  I LOVE horror movies, but haven't been going to the movies to see them, as I expect them to be a great disappointment.  And, as their release to pay-per-view slowly happens, I find that my expectations are met.

Jeepers Creepers was lame - why does a flying creature require a car to terrorize the people?
Silent Hill - The previews were creepier than the show.
Cabin Fever - the most moronic horror movie known to mankind.  I actually laughed through it.
Friday the 13th - scary the first time - but then again, I was only 6.
Jaws - well, it must have had some effect on me as to this day I will not swim in the ocean.
Hostel - honestly.  I'm supposed to believe that the uglier of the asian girls was so vain as to throw herself onto the tracks because half of her face was missing.  My god, it was actually an improvement.

The aformentioned aside, I intend to see Saw III in the theater, because I did like saw 1 and 2.  There was suspense and mystery.  Besides, I had nightmares after Saw II from the needle scene (I'm deathly afraid of needles).

Anyway, MSPspud, you may be cute, but you have THE WORST taste in horror movies.  Bless your heart. :)

-joseph

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2006, 01:01:16 pm »
MSPspud-

The 8 film horror movie thing isn't on IFC...but that's where I've been seeing the commercials for it.  I found the link for ya!

http://www.horrorfestonline.com/

Apparently, it's 8 indy-type films deemed too icky and/or scary for all but the DIE-hards!  Mwah-ha-ha !!!

Again, I say...ROCK ON !!

~+

P.S.- I have browsed the site and found where the films are gonna be shown, but it still doesn't tell how much it might cost to see them all.  I suspect they'll make a killing by bleeding us all dry...(couldn't resist that one.)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2006, 01:46:58 pm »
Aw man... so many good movies coming up and no one who really wants to see them with me up here.  What a perfect thing to do on a November weekend in MN!

BTW, this one looks really good too, coming in December.

http://bugthemovie.com/

Joseph, to each their own regarding movie tastes.  For the record, I don't care for any of the Friday the 13th's and it's not b/c my name is Jason  ;)

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2006, 01:52:51 pm »
Joseph, to each their own regarding movie tastes. 

Indeed.

;)

-joseph

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2006, 02:17:13 pm »
MSP-

That looks awesome!  From the Exorcist director, no less!  And is it me, or is Harry Connick looking especially hottified in the trailer?

~+
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2006, 03:29:46 pm »
That looks awesome!  From the Exorcist director, no less!  And is it me, or is Harry Connick looking especially hottified in the trailer?

Definately more than just horrified.   :)

Ah, I found a date for the 8 film festival.  Look for the thread in November!  I expect you to go, Tim.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2006, 03:33:20 pm »
Boo -

OMG, I agree with you!  I LOVE horror movies, but haven't been going to the movies to see them, as I expect them to be a great disappointment.  And, as their release to pay-per-view slowly happens, I find that my expectations are met.

Jeepers Creepers was lame - why does a flying creature require a car to terrorize the people?
Silent Hill - The previews were creepier than the show.
Cabin Fever - the most moronic horror movie known to mankind.  I actually laughed through it.
Friday the 13th - scary the first time - but then again, I was only 6.
Jaws - well, it must have had some effect on me as to this day I will not swim in the ocean.
Hostel - honestly.  I'm supposed to believe that the uglier of the asian girls was so vain as to throw herself onto the tracks because half of her face was missing.  My god, it was actually an improvement.

I have to agree with you about some of the horror movies that come out is not worth the gas or the ticket prices to see....I like for horror movies to have some type of plot and to explain to me why the killers are the way they are.

Jeepers Creepers....good point, was does he need a car? In part 2 he was flying, was his wings broke in the first one.

Jaws...not a horror movie to me, just people being stupid enough to be in salt water with sharks, to me they deserved to get their ass ate.

Silent Hill was a big disappointment, nothing but hype, but I think they were trying to keep up with Resident Evil series which kept to being like the video games, which I appreciated because I have played every oen they put out there, almost done with R.E.4.

Friday the 13th...scared me also when I was younger..but gets comic relief from it now..It's funny to me that you could be a track star and still not get away from Jason. It also keeps me from going camping, I may not see Jason but whose to say that some nut ain't in the woods with me.

Hostel....oh what can I say? The storyline sucked, some gory scenes, the best thing in it was Jay Hernandez, he is so fine but prefered him in the prequel to Carlito's Way.

House of a 1000 Corpses....hmmm maybe I missed something there, I thought it was stupid. Has not seen Devil's Rejects yet but heard it is good.

I have learned that most horror movies that have sequels usually suck with the exception of Saw series.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2006, 03:34:51 pm »
You already found a date???

Wish me luck on that one.  My love life (or lack thereof)...now that's scary.

~+
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2006, 03:43:29 pm »
Not my kind of movie. I have suffered from nightmares most of my life and don't need a horror movie to help. My better half on the other hand enjoys watching them once they come out on DVD.

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2006, 03:50:45 pm »
Silent Hill was a big disappointment, nothing but hype, but I think they were trying to keep up with Resident Evil series which kept to being like the video games, which I appreciated because I have played every oen they put out there, almost done with R.E.4.

Now don't quote me on Silent Hill but it seemed like it's only purpose was to act as a delivery device for special effects.  For that movie, I just had my wisdom teeth out the day before and was laying on the couch in la-la land on percoset. 

As for my date, it's a non-romantic one.  My boyfriend wouldn't have it any other way.  I dated a guy that liked horror movies once but unfortunately that was all we had in common (well that and the bedroom scene).  What can I say... he was a Republican  >:(  Horror that's too close to home.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2006, 03:54:40 pm »
Oh!  It's a non-romantic date...because you already have a boyfriend....that makes me feel better.*

~+

*denotes venomous sarcasm fueled by envy
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2006, 05:22:47 pm »
MSpud~~

I also didn't get the ending to Silent Hill. Another disappointment for me was The Hills have Eyes, I'm glad I didn't pay money to go see it. I hope that Horrorfest comes to my town but more than likely it will probably skip dreary Erie. Needs to pay attention when the commercial comes on so I can get the addy.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2006, 07:45:14 pm »
I love the old horror classics.   AMC has been showing them throughout this Halloween season.   I have enjoyed (for the umpteenth time) Wolfman, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, Dracula, The Mummy, Frankenstein, The Birds...

also saw the Exorcist again (what a spectacular film that is!  especially when you remember it was made in the 1970's when there were no computer generated effects; the breath vapors they made in the 'freezing' room were the real thing) and saw one of my more recent favs, Sleepy Hollow with Johnny Depp.
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline ChaplinGuy

• Eat my left foot
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2006, 08:15:10 pm »
thunter, if you're hitting on Jason, GET IN LINE....

:(

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.