Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:39:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 343
Total: 344

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I need advice and im hopineing for mercy on my soul.  (Read 20937 times)

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
I need advice and im hopineing for mercy on my soul.
« on: January 20, 2009, 01:16:41 pm »
 :'( Ok heres my story im married i cheated 3 time 2 different guys no protection. the first guy 2 times and the second guy once n he ejaculated in me.Ok i took an hiv test 2 weeks and 2 days later it was negative.Im really afraid of the 3 month test im so sorry for what i did.Its been about 10 weeks .I have been having joint pain for over a month now .i keep getting a soar throat worse in the night.Ive had what they call a cluster headache for over 2 months :-\ It seems like it doesnt go away .I spoke to both guys they say there clean ??? .Oh and 8 days later post exp my stomach was sick for a month .my husband got a flu for 3 days.What is any1 comments please?!
Please forgive me of all my sins of commision and omission

Offline RapidRod

Re: I need advice and im hopineing for mercy on my soul.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 01:41:35 pm »
You put yourself at risk of contracting HIV from having unprotected sex. Get your 3 month post exposure test and that test will be conclusive. None of your symptoms are indicative of ARS.

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 01:43:54 pm »
Thank ..is it still a risk if both of those guys were clean?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 01:49:46 pm »
Clean? I'm very clean but have AIDS. It's very insulting to use the word clean when referencing those that have HIV as being dirty. You don't take anyone for their word on their status. Had you used a condom you wouldn't be here today asking these questions. Get your conclusive test and be done with it.

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 01:52:52 pm »
 >:(Sorry i didnt mean to call it like that i meant hiv negative.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 03:02:37 pm »
For future reference you can have anal sex in either role however often you want to and with whomever you want to. But to protect your health (and theirs) you need to do it the safer way which means always without exception the insertive partner needs to be wearing a latex condom. No exceptions.

Condoms provide very effective protection. And intercourse without them is very high risk behavior.
Andy Velez

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 03:30:31 pm »
Thank you andy it was vanginal im a woman.anywho what is your take on my situation?Im really scared about the second test in another 3 weeks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 07:55:05 pm »
heartless,

Mercy on your soul? Give me a break. Hiv isn't a judgement sent down from some invisible entity in the sky. Grow up!

You've had a risk. You need to test at three months past your last unprotected encounter.  Praying to "god" won't help you - either you've been infected or you haven't. A test at three months will let you know.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 08:01:33 pm »
Ok you sound kind of bitter but heaven is real .And i pray for forgiveness because i cheated ok why do doctors recommend test at two weeks?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 08:08:57 pm »
heartless,

I'm not bitter. You're the one who cheated and has the burden of guilt. Not my problem.

I don't know of any doctors who recommend testing at two weeks. Six weeks is the earliest you can test. The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks, but a six week negative must be confirmed at three months.

Heaven may or may not be real. However, the science of hiv is indisputable. Only testing at the proper time will reliably reveal your hiv status.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 08:18:22 pm »
Can one get hiv just by having sex with 2 different people ?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 08:38:32 pm »
Heartless,

One can become infected by having ONE incident of UPROTECTED intercourse with ONE person. It only takes once, especially if you're the one who is being cum into.

I hope you come out of this ok and learn to insist on condoms.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Wise up.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 04:37:14 pm »
Sorry...what do you think about my situation Andy?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 04:37:48 pm »
After having had unprotected intercourse the only way to accurately know your HIV status is by getting tested.

The CDC recommends doing that at 13 weeks for a definitive result. Everything else is just guesswork and HIV status is never something to guess about.
Andy Velez

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 01:56:47 pm »
So as long as a condom is used properly there is no risk right .Say i have an sex with a condom its ok?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 02:03:23 pm »
A condom used correctly and consistently prevents HIV transmission.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 02:23:16 pm »
A latex condom worn properly provides very effective protection against HIV transmission.
Andy Velez

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 04:19:27 pm »
A latex condom worn properly provides very effective protection against HIV transmission.

Or the use of polyurethane condoms. 

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 11:18:41 pm »
Thank you all for the advice..but if thats true how come people on here say they used condoms and still got infected also  ..does tingling have to do with hiv?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 04:41:59 am »
Whoever said that they used a condom consistently and correctly are liars that's all there is to it.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2009, 08:27:39 am »
We can't account for what people say about what they did or didn't do. Sometimes it's faulty memory for various reasons and sometimes it's shame over having had unprotected intercourse.   

What we do know for sure,  as many studies have proven through the years, is that anyone who uses condoms consistently and properly is well protected against HIV transmission. 
Andy Velez

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2009, 01:56:33 pm »
ok let say i was those two guys in the saME  time frame ok and that they are hiv negative.Can you still get hiv Because i was with them?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2009, 02:01:34 pm »
No, let's NOT say that. We're not here to play speculative games with you. We evaluate real situations with the information that we get and give a reply.

You're getting awfully close to receiving a Time Out here. 
Andy Velez

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2009, 07:06:37 pm »
Anyways..I am coming up to my 13week mark in 3 weeks how do i prepare for the test and the results.?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2009, 07:11:14 pm »
That's one test that no preparation is required.

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 07:21:27 pm »
ok thank you  ???

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 03:42:52 pm »
if intercoarse took place again with a condom do i need to count 3 months from that exp.?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 06:48:50 pm »
Protected sex is just that protected. No you don't need to count from the protected sex, just from the unprotected sex.

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2009, 07:34:44 pm »
Thanks you for the advice rodney.But could u please tellme  if tingling if an early sign of hiv?And can one get hiv jus by haveing unprotected even if the other one is hiv negative

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 07:50:10 pm »
Tingling =stress and anxiety.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2009, 07:15:49 am »
Heartless,

And can one get hiv jus by haveing unprotected even if the other one is hiv negative

Once again you are showing your prejudice. Hiv isn't generated by simply having sex outside a relationship sanctioned by a religious or political entity. It's a virus, nothing more, nothing less.

You cannot become infected with hiv while having intercourse with a person who is hiv negative. It's not rocket science.

If you keep coming back with this time-wasting bullshit, you'll be timed out, regardless of being in a window period. Your time out will last until your window period is over.

And NO, I'm not joking.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2009, 04:24:38 pm »
Does joint pain of hiv last longer then 2 months honestly ..how does everyone feel today

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2009, 06:33:32 pm »

If you keep coming back with this time-wasting bullshit, you'll be timed out, regardless of being in a window period. Your time out will last until your window period is over.

And NO, I'm not joking.

Ann

Last warning,..one more post and you will be timed out, and like Ann said..we are NOT joking.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2009, 07:07:35 pm »
I had a question and i dont think its very hard to answerr me there no need to band me i just need toknow sorry

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2009, 05:55:03 am »
Heartless,

How do I feel? I feel you're not listening to a single thing we say to you. We don't discuss symptoms here. You should know that by now.

You've been repeatedly told that the ONLY way to know your hiv status is through testing. You're nearly at the end of your window period. Keep productively busy until it's time for you to test and the time will go quicker than you can imagine.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2009, 03:32:54 pm »
have a comment and questions about alefou...Sorry toask but its only right ..ok he stated that he's always had protected sex and hes positive how could this be.Is this true that condoms dont protect whats going on here

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2009, 04:02:55 pm »
Sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV
Latex condoms, when used consistently and correctly, are highly effective in
preventing transmission of HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. In addition, correct
and consistent use of latex condoms can reduce the risk of other sexually
transmitted diseases (STDs), including discharge and genital ulcer diseases.
While the effect of condoms in preventing human papillomavirus (HPV) infection
is unknown, condom use has been associated with a lower rate of cervical
cancer, an HPV-associated disease. Laboratory studies have demonstrated that latex condoms provide an essentially impermeable barrier to particles the size of STD pathogens.

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2009, 03:48:09 pm »
I just wanna ask what should i do right now..should i stay off computer and spend time with my babys while i am still happy...i test in 12 days im really afraid i find myself hypervenilating all the time wat doi do?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2009, 03:59:42 pm »
I sincerely hope you're a more adult mother than the behavior you're indulging yourself in here implies.

Yes, you should stay off the computer! Do you really have any doubt about that? All it does is addictively feed your fears. Shame on you and all of your drama!

Hyperventilating? Get yourself a paper bag and breath into and out of until that stops. And stop all the drama. Take your baby for a walk. Get busy with other things and your waiting time will pass much more easily.

You've used up your time here and if you come back with another worried whatever before your test result,  I  can promise you that you will get a 28 day Time Out. No kidding.

Andy Velez

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2009, 04:10:54 pm »
This is getting ridiculous, you are pushing the patience of the good people here, there is nothing we can say or do anymore..GET OFF the computer NOW, look after your family, (I hope you are at least capable of that)  and wait for your test day..I/we don't want to see you back before you get those results...seriously.

Jan

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2009, 02:20:01 pm »
 :'( OK ....you know what i wont be comeing back here with my results because already know  i really am not getting any support from you all...All you say im just drama but wanting to be hiv negative is not drama especially if i have a family to live for...so i wont look for you all support ...!!!!!!

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2009, 05:25:01 pm »
You cheat on your husband 3 times and then tell us you are not getting the support you expect from us..not being judgemental here just really pissed that you had the audacity to say that.

Stay away that's fine, there are other's who need our support, aprreciate the time we give to them and actually listen to us...time to stand on your own two feet.

Jan

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2009, 07:22:04 pm »
Heartless,

We're calling it drama because it IS drama. You said, "wanting to be hiv negative is not drama especially if i have a family to live for..."

Do you realise you're talking to people who are positive and have families, children and grandchildren? We're still living for our families (as well as ourselves). We're still living and you will too - whether you test negative or positive. So cut the drama and get busy with your regular life until it's time to test.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2009, 12:09:03 pm »
Hello all ..Hope your doing good...Well as most of you know its time to retest ..Im debating weither 93 days is enough time or should i wait till tommorow ...i dont know if this is hiv related ive been haveing sharp pain in my lower abdominal for almost 3 months now ?????????....thank you for your responses

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2009, 12:25:13 pm »
heartless,

93 days is more than thirteen weeks so test when you want to, it doesn't matter as any result now will be conclusive.

Sharp abdominal pain is nothing to do with hiv infection. Why have you been going around with pain like that for three whole months without seeing a doctor? Quit screwing around and go see a doctor for your physical problems. We cannot help you with that here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2009, 12:32:17 pm »
Thank you Ann.Wow its been more then 13 weeks i must have counted wrong because i thought 90 days is 12 week ..Ive been to the doctor she says its my stress i even have a abdominal scan everything was ok so i dont know ...trust me ive been there so many times in 3 months ,my medical bills are pileing up.ok i guess from what you say today is good to test ..i knowyou may think i derserve to be punished and i apologize for being this way

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2009, 12:49:10 pm »
heartless,

90 days is just under thirteen weeks. 90 divided by 7 = 12.86

Twelve weeks = 84 days.

93 days is just over thirteen weeks. 93 divided by 7 = 13.85

Thirteen weeks = 91 days.

Go test and get it over with.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2009, 08:15:22 pm »
Thank you ..I just went and tested i will know the results when i go to my doctor on monday...I pray that i will be okay ??? :'(...I really have to ask this question is it normal to feel overheated when being active for awhile ?

Offline heartlessNhurt

• Standard
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2009, 07:07:20 pm »
Andy sir very sorry for the pm..Well i just dont want to be banned from asking so many question i need this site ...I got kicked off of medhelp :-[ for argueing with someone..Anyways i just got my blood drawn on monday..Im going for the results in 6days ....As of now i have a cold sore on roof of my month and before that white bump on tongue then that one went away then another one appeared on tongue and after that the cold sore roof of mouth is this due to infection

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2009, 08:21:36 pm »
Just more stuff about symptoms even though you've been told repeatedly how meaningless that is in terms of knowing about HIV status.

You've a few days to wait for your result. We're not going to indulge you with talking back and forth about every sore, zit, pain, itch and other you experience between now and getting your test result. You need to get busy with other things in your life.

Otherwise I can tell you that if you continue to come back with more of the same you're going to get a 28 day time out.

Now, do yourself a big favor and get on to other things in your life.

Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.