Main Forums > Living With HIV

Thought I'd update!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ann:
Hey Jaser, thanks for the comprehensive report!

If the art class doesn't improve before next week, it might be a good idea to drop and take lunch instead. It would be good for you to have that break in the day, not to mention the refueling!

Art is something you can keep doing on your own, as so much of it is mainly practice and experimentation anyway. You might even think about taking an adult evening class on drawing/painting - a community of your size probably offers this and if you can show that you're serious and just didn't have time for art in your school schedule, then you'd probably get in.

The bottom line you might want to weigh up is - which is more important, a class you don't particularly like or get anything out of, or your health (rest and food)? You can draw up a pro and con list. Put all the reasons to stay in art on one side of the paper, and all of the reasons to drop art on the other. See which side has more reasons.

You sound like you're really enjoying yourself so far... yay!

Hugs,
Ann
xxx

ndrew:
M-

Do you think your exhaustion has to do with the infection from your wisdom teeth?  These things can weigh pretty heavily on our systems, so once this clears, you may feel better...

Drew

Jeffreyj:
Glad to hear you have such nice teachers! See if I ever ask you for directions LoL. Have a great year at school!

Christine:
Hi Jaser,
Sending freshman to the wrong end of the building....heee...heeee...very evil, but fun! It is tradition, we did the same thing too...

Your stamina should return once you get used to the schedule. Your body is still on summer break mode. Don't forget to take some healthy snacks along to eat during the day.
Christine

MoltenStorm:
Jaser,

On the Art class, if it's drawing and such, you could pick up a few new techniques that you maybe didn't know about before. It would be a cool way to better your artistic ability even if you don't want to pursue artistry as a career. Just a thought.

Even before HIV, the school day was exhausting for me. I was taking almost all AP or Pre AP courses plus some Dual Credit courses, so my day was jam-packed with information. Oh, and the homework... was horrendous. I would literally stay up til 2-3am in the morning doing homework (having started it when I got home) some days, and then try to manage the next day on 3-4 hrs of sleep. I lived for Friday night when I knew I could sleep as long as I wanted to on Saturday.

Basically, what I'm trying to say, is the exhaustion is part of the package. It's really awesome that you have a support system already in place should you need the extra boost.

(and the planner really is gay, I'm just sayin...) LOL! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version