Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:48:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 185
Total: 188

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: feel great for bad news  (Read 4121 times)

Offline jyngfilm

• AHH! I knew it, Betty had balls
feel great for bad news
« on: January 19, 2007, 09:30:44 pm »
blood, guts, fingers and toes. >>>>>> infected Oct 05, diagnoised poz Feb. 06. Finally went to Dr. and had blood test Jan. 07. Boy....what a shock. CD4 154,, viral load 344k.......and.....and Hep C. But dudes.......I feel great! Hope that stays around for awhile. And......... I met a girl you would give up eating meat for. Other than this small set back of statistics (which I dont believe in much anyway) Everythings great.
Is this denial?          ...>you bet your sweet ass. I did however have a short streak of reality and nailed down a ID. We have not met yet.  Oh Boy!  is he going to love me!  Yeah!
As I surround myself with all the tools to deny .......whatever reality is, I still cant believe going from perfect health to what the cdc claims is full blown aids?   Aint missed a day from illness in ??????? 3 years. Well, there was that one bout with the stomach flu.......but that only lasted 24 hrs. Least I got a good attitude..... keep ya infomed. Ciao ~~jordon
munchausen by proxy is not an out in my case

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: feel great for bad news
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 09:44:14 pm »
A positive attitude can be the very difference in fighting for your life.  Just dont let it cloud your vision.  Nice to have you here!!!!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 09:45:01 pm »
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis and CD4 count but things don't seem to be going all that bad with you. I am in a similar situation, I tested poz last month and believe I was infected in mid 2005 and to my surprise my numbers were in the low 200's. I did feel a bit ill in October but that was because I was drinking and doing drugs which led me to think about quitting and start a new life and the first step was to get tested for HIV. I was hoping for a negative result but things don't work out sometimes and now I have to figure out my life with this disease.

Anyhow, I feel good now even with low CD4 counts like yourself, but AIDS is not something to take lightly therefore it's better to be safe than sorry. Your counts aren't all that bad but if they continue to decline and your VL to rise I suggest you talk to your ID and take precautions.
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline jyngfilm

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 10:47:58 pm »
da da. seems like I should feel.???????? like i met a hot collard bitch named bucky.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 06:29:56 pm »
A Positive Mental Attitude makes a world of a difference in this life. Just be sure to take action where it is needed.

"What Can I do today to make a better Tomorrow?"

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 09:26:19 pm »
Welcome to AM...  Something about feelings....  They are hard to predict..  Keeping your PMA as Eldon says is not a bad way to get started.  But you have permission to feel anyway you want here...   Congrats on your sweetie...

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 09:40:12 pm »
Jordan,

To have a positive attitude is a great thing, but denial is also a very dangerous thing. I know, I have been there. Denial is very easy to slip into. Make sure to get yourself to that doctor. You should at least at this point be on Bactrim.

Take care of yourself------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline jonsi

• i'd rather dance with you than talk to you
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 09:53:25 pm »
see it in the way we see it in europe... there's no AIDS if there's no opportunistic disease involved... i was last oct.  with CD4 150, and none of my doctors agrees with the belief that i have aids... i just had a low CD4 count, which was in no time up again, and no in jan. i have 540 :-)
þetta er ágætis byrjun...

Jónsi.

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 10:58:31 pm »
I met a girl you would give up eating meat for.

NO way will I ever give up meeting meat....of any kind.... ;)

Seriously, I agree w/Jonsi.  My cd4 count at time of diagnosis was 179. Never sick or have any OI's.  From what I understand the 200 number and an AIDS diagnosis allows those who need assistance through the ADA to gain it and keep it when their cd4's rise above 200.

Best to you,
Woods
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 12:58:44 am »
I was diagnosed with around 200 and was sick as a dog before I went to the doctor with some sort of strep throat type infection.  Everyone will have a different story.  It also wasn't a "blip" in my numbers.  My cd4 stayed between 180-300 for years.  I think it took 4 years to get above 400.  Of course, this was pre-PI's so you guys get all the fun.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline jyngfilm

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 12:17:01 pm »
Thank you for all the caring responses. I love ya'll
My numbers are sinking in a bit more after a couple days reflection. I guess I'm just so stunned at the rapid degeneration. Shocked really. Statistically my decline is (seems) accelerated. Interestingly here's some things I know and some things I dont know.
CD4 cell counts before diagnosis.............?  who checks before?
Infection date Oct. 12 2005
Posz verified    Feb 1 2006
First blood work Jan. 2007...................cd4  154 vl 332k
What happened to that 5 to 10 years I was counting on before starting meds?...maybe smoking pot will slow this down. I know the liquor will.  Ciao ~jordon      ?wont it?

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 12:24:38 pm »
How are you so sure about when you are infected?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline twofires

• Artists Farm
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 12:26:18 pm »
The second law of thermodynamics is an expression of the universal law of increasing entropy.

everything goes to shit sooner or later

so don't worry, be happy..??
Who was it wrote; Give any one species too much rope and they'll fuck it up?
-Roger Waters

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 01:09:42 pm »
twofires, you make me feel like I have to go back to school!!!   ;D

Offline twofires

• Artists Farm
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 01:15:04 pm »
its too much Science Channel and Discovery Channel really....

and History Channel, History International (2 count em 2 history channels! wow!)

gotta love science

dogma, not to so much....
-Roger Waters

Offline twofires

• Artists Farm
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 01:16:17 pm »
and I get through into a looney bin for a week...

drives me nuts!
-Roger Waters

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.