Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:37:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 665
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 624
Total: 624

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Acts of Kindness  (Read 1910 times)

Offline tednlou2

Acts of Kindness
« on: December 30, 2013, 01:02:45 am »
There are two stories that touched me, and they both involve my better half.  The first is Brian was selling his truck to buy another.  Kelly Blue Book said it was worth around $6,000, even in fair condition.  A fellow teacher said that's the exact truck her son has wanted-- the style, color, etc.  Brian gave her a deal at $4,500.  It was all set, but she had car issues with her car.  She told him to go ahead and sell it to someone else and apologized.  Brian asked how much she could afford.  She said with the costs of their car repairs, her son would just have to buy a vehicle with his savings of $3,000.  She was going to add the additional $1,500 and help her son.  But, now she couldn't.  She was disappointed, because she had promised to help him if he saved a good amount himself.  He was turning 16. 

Another teacher approached Brian and told Brian to tell her he would sell it for $3,000 and she would give him the $1,500.  But, she insisted this never be shared with her.  Our furnace had gone out at that time, so Brian had a good excuse to ask for less, saying we needed cash fast.  She didn't want to do it, saying it wasn't right for Brian to get less.  Brian insisted that we needed the furnace.  The son got the keys on his 16th birthday.  She said he was so proud.  I was amazed a young guy would want a 2000.  Many kids expect a brand new car.  I just thought that was so amazing the other teacher would give $1,500 and not want any acknowledgment.  I wanted to post the story on FB, but can't because she may learn the story. 

The other story was a letter Brian received before break.  I will post the letter below.  She stood there while he read it.  I thought that was just amazing a young kid would admit to bad behavior and stealing, and also say she was prepared for detention.  If I had come clean, I probably would have slid the note under the door.  I would have been too coward to stand there, while he read it.  I think this girl will turn out okay.  This obviously has been eating at her.  Brian has been frustrated with the crop of students the last few years.  He says so many are so disrespectful and will just curse you out.  I'm not sure if things are changing with so many parents wanting to be their kids friends or whether this is just an isolated issue at his school, but it was refreshing for him to get this letter.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.