HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

oral questions

<< < (2/7) > >>

RapidRod:
Dr. Handsfield, does not treat patients. He works with statistics. We're not here to split hairs with you. You have been given the information and there is nothing more to add.

Ann:
wtd,

When you say "oral sex", you're talking about a pretty broad range of behaviours. The only one that comes anywhere near being a "small risk" is GIVING a blowjob - and it's theoretical at best. GETTING a blowjob and going down on women are NOT risks for hiv infection. Annilingus, another form of "oral sex", is also NOT a risk for hiv infection.

You didn't have a risk, so you aren't in a window period. Your negative hiv results are conclusive. You ARE hiv negative.

Ann

worriedtodeath123:
Last question for the moderators:

When someone claims they have contracted HIV from insertive oral as many have done including but certainly not limited to this forum is it just ignored assuming they are lying or is it investigated to try to determine if a riskier route was the cause.  While I am not planning to search the POZ forum, one poster noted that a person claims he was infected by insertive oral-these kinds of assertions of course just flame our concerns.  This has always been my concern from the beginning-that experts automatically dismiss oral for a more risky behavior that is not reported.

worriedtodeath123:
Now I am really freaking out regarding the symptoms my wife is experiencing-she continues to have severe muscle and joint pain so much so she can barely walk-low grade fever-thick white coated tongue and peripheal neuropathy. She was just diagnosed with bronchitis but that doesnt explain the severe muscle aches, white coated tongue, and neuropaty. Can these really be related to something else-it just seems to much like a coincidence.  Please respond.

RapidRod:
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version