Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:02:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 469
Total: 470

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: lessons learned  (Read 15725 times)

Offline Ineed2know

lessons learned
« on: March 22, 2007, 12:13:06 am »
This is my first time on hear. I want to first thank everyone who sends their reply to this post.  About a month ago (Feb 13-15) I took a vacation to Santo Domingo.  I think I may have had unprotected anal sex. Everthing is a blurry. I had been drinking heavy.  However, about 9 days later, I begin to experience these following symptoms: my mouth had this weird coating taste. It tasted like I had something metallic inside mouth, the next day I was having anxiety attacks, at the same time, something felt like is was traveling through my blood system all over my body, then I begin to experience pressure around my face and head.  I could not eat for about a four days.  I lost about 7 to 10 lbs. I immediately had a blood test done two weeks after, as well as two oral swab test. They all have come back negative.  The next week I had a lower back ache which moved down into the upper part of thighs.  I have had tingling sensations in both my hands and feet.  I developed callous between my two baby toes and the second toes.  By the third week, I begin to have strong under arm perspiration and order.  I could not sleep. So my doctor perscribed me some sleeping pills.  In the fourth/fifth week. I am beginning to experience headaches during the day and abruptly, I just get fatigue and tired.  After resting for a while, I get this burst of energy.   I have a light shiny bump on both of my arms and in the middle of lower chest.    I have shared my concerns with a few close buddies. They think it is too soon for me to be exhibiting these symptoms.  I am grateful that they are naive to believe this is something else.  I even have a buddy that is HIV positive and he said he has never experience any of these symptoms and any other symptoms.  He thinks that all these symptoms are just in my head.  I know my body.  Something is going on.  I have searched the web thoroughly on a daily basis and it mentions these symptoms.  I wish more people would get educated about this thing.  I can't believe that some people don't want to take m advice and research these things on the web. I even look differently when I look at myself in the mirror.  It has only been 5 weeks since my possible exposure. I looked drained and older.  My skin is changing too.  Are these not signs?  I have demanded that my doctor give me a referral to the Infectious Disease Clinic.  He said this will take 10 days.  Is there a chance I will be hospitalize with the symptoms I am experiencing?  I have heard about people falling out and discovering they have this illness. Please advise!

Offline RapidRod

Re: Does these symptoms mean I am infected.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 02:23:44 am »
When you started off saying, "I think I had anal sex" I quit reading. If you have symptoms that bother you see your doctor.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 09:28:11 am »
INeed, if you have any thought that you may have had unprotected anal sex there is only one answer: get tested. The CDC recommends doing that at 13 weeks past such an incident for a reliable and conclusive answer. It's good that you have tested negative so far but those are not conclusive results.

As for your symptoms, there is absolutely nothing in what you are reporting which is HIV speciific. In fact neither the presence nor the absence of symptoms will ever tell you anything accurately about your HIV status.

Mixing excessive drinking and casual sex is a very dangerous combination and something to be avoided.

With regard to your symptoms, I suggest you discuss them with your doctor. From what you have described I would say some of it is anxiety-related, but it's always good to check such things out with a doctor if they are persistent.

Andy Velez

Offline Ineed2know

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 11:08:34 pm »
I just wanted to report that I went to an appointment at the Infectious Disease unit on last Friday. I described my symptoms to the doctor. He only offered to take some blood work for electro-something.  I told him that my arms and legs are having this burning sensation whenever I take the antibiotic flagyl.  I read somewhere on the internet that people who are HIV experience tingling sensation when taking this antibiotic.  The physician think I should wait until June to for a conclusive test.  You all can keep it real with me.  I have it, don't I?  I am not hoping for this.  With all these symptoms. I just can't wait around for some test to tell me.  How can I keep the faith with all these symptoms.  Do you think if I order the red fruit extract from Indonesia, that i may be able to fight this off?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 11:13:38 pm »
We're not in the guessing about a diagnosis business here. You may have had unprotected anal intercourse. That means you have to get tested.

You can get a reliable result by taking an HIV test at 13 weeks past the most recent unprotected incident. Everything else is just guesswork and HIV status is never something to guess about.

Forget about medications and all that stuff your mind is running away with right now. The first thing to do is to get tested. You also need to learn from this experience. Avoid casual sex when you have been drinking heavily. You are the one who's responsible for protecting your health and that also means that anytime you have intercourse the insertive partner must be wearing a condom. Period. No exceptions.

If you are having any symptoms which you are concerned about that is something to discuss with your doctor. We can't diagnose anything here.

Good luck to you on your test result.

Andy Velez

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 11:19:25 pm »
Nor Ann or Andy or Rapid are crystal ball readers. Your doctor said that you will have a conclusive test after 3 months, in June, and that's correct. The common rule is 13 weeks, so get tested around mid-june.  Antibiotics fight bacterias, not viruses.

If you are having symptoms that are bothering you discuss them with your doctor.

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Ineed2know

has anyone experience any of these symptoms
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 10:04:55 pm »
Before you were diagnosed, did you experience pressure headaches, buring in the arms, thigh, and feet, diarreha and sores in your nose?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: has anyone experience any of these symptoms
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 10:09:34 pm »
Get out of this forum.

You are NOT supposed to be posting here.  Keep your questions for the Am I Infected? forum.

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Ineed2know

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 11:45:46 pm »
I just had my 8 week test. So far, still negative.  I am concern because for the past week I have had diarrhea, by legs and arms still have a burning sensation.  The counselor at the Whitman-Walker clinic said that most people develop antibodies by the 25th after infection.  He said healthier people usually develop the antibodies quicker than those who are older or have medication conditions already.  I am still nervous because of these symptoms. I have to admit, my doctors have me on to kinds of medication.  Do you think medication may effect any antibodies from showing up?  Keep Praying for me!!!!!!  I just don't under these symptoms I have been having since my last exposure.  I over the last three weeks, I feel pressure building around head and ears.

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 12:11:11 am »
I know my body.  Something is going on.
You don't know your mind.

An 8week negative test is promising. Since you don't really remember what happened that night, get tested at 13 weeks. The chances that you will be negative are very high. The symptoms you describe are common, and could be anything, and are definitely not HIV specific. Check with your doctor.

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 05:56:09 am »
Ineed,

Unless you're on chemotherapy for cancer, or anti-rejection drugs following organ transplant, your medications will not interfere with antibody production.

Your eight week negative is highly unlikely to change. Get it confirmed at the three month point. I'm fully expecting a negative result and so should you.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline FiercenBed

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 11:52:41 am »
thunter: when did u become a moderator ??? cant we b civil?

ineedtoknow: go c a doc, sounds like u have some issues!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 05:28:57 pm »
I Need, what you need to do is to follow the rules here. That means you stay out of the HIV+ positive section. You are as of now HIV negative and given your 8 week negative result your negative status is unlikely to change when you re-test at 13 weeks.

Secondly, keep all of your entries in this thread. Do not start anymore new threads!

Thanks for your cooperation.
Andy Velez

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 01:45:37 am »
thunter: when did u become a moderator ??? cant we b civil?

ineedtoknow: go c a doc, sounds like u have some issues!

As I think you are aware, I am not a moderator.  I can be civil.  And others can follow the rules for posting.  Still others can mind their own business, fierce.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Blockburner2828

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 02:12:11 am »
I just had my 8 week test. So far, still negative.  I am concern because for the past week I have had diarrhea, by legs and arms still have a burning sensation.  The counselor at the Whitman-Walker clinic said that most people develop antibodies by the 25th after infection.  He said healthier people usually develop the antibodies quicker than those who are older or have medication conditions already.  I am still nervous because of these symptoms. I have to admit, my doctors have me on to kinds of medication.  Do you think medication may effect any antibodies from showing up?  Keep Praying for me!!!!!!  I just don't under these symptoms I have been having since my last exposure.  I over the last three weeks, I feel pressure building around head and ears.

Grats on your 8 week test neg man g/l @ 13

Offline Ineed2know

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 05:40:17 pm »
I did some investigation work on the person in question.  He is Spanish speaking so I had some buddies do some translation for me.  Since I was intoxicated and don't recall any penetration, I ask my buddies to ask him whether or not he penetrated me. He said he did.  I ask them to ask him whether or not he used a condom. He said he did!  We took him to the clinic to get tested.  He was concerned as to why we were doing this.  His results came back positive.  He told them he was going to kill me.  I'm like wait a minute. I am the one that should be going after him.  I had to check out my hotel that night and check into an unknown hotel. Thank God I was leaving Santo Domingo by the following day.  I go on vacation and get plaster for the first time in months and this happens.  I have not even had sex in nearly two years before this happened. I really never cared for sex but now I hate it.   What's up with this head pressure I feel from time to time?  I have been having diarrhea for three weeks now.  Do you think I seroconventing?  If I get tested this upcoming week, it will be week 10 since the episode.

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2007, 05:57:33 pm »
You had a negative 8 week test, which is encouraging and unlikely to change.  Whenever the 3 month mark hits is when the test will be conclusively negative.  If symptoms happen, they tend to hit earlier.  Remember, there are lots of other non-HIV related reasons you could have diarrhea and head pressure.  You have an excellent chance of being HIV negative.  For the symptoms you are concerned about, keep working with your doctor.
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2007, 06:03:15 pm »
If he used a condom, you don't have any reason to worry. You had protected sex.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2007, 06:45:52 pm »
Stop feeling sorry for yourself. It's bad for your health.

That negative result you received virtually guarantees you will continue to test negative.

Your current symptoms seem more likely stress-related than anything else. If they persist talk to your doctor about them.

Re-test at 13 weeks, collect another negative result and consider the matter closed except for one important caveat. You are the one who's responsible for your health. So avoid mixing casual sex with excessive drinking, whether on vacation or wherever.

I expect you to come out of this ok.

Andy Velez

Offline Ineed2know

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2007, 10:08:33 pm »
Hello Andy, Thunder, RapidRod and the rest of the crew.  This is a follow-up.  I had my 11th week test. Came back negative.  I have fifteen more weeks to go.  The lady at the Whitman Walker clinic said anywhere from 3 to 6 months for antibodies to develop.  Keep me in your Prayers. I pray for all individuals that find themselves in a similar situation. Take care.  I will followup in another two weeks. For some strange reason, my diarrhea has gotten really bad and my gums are a little tender.  What's up with that?

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2007, 10:13:44 pm »
youre negative.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2007, 04:30:42 am »
Ineed,

You are more likely to step outside your house today and find a million dollar winning lottery ticket lying in the gutter than you are to go on to test positive after an eleven week negative result.

You don't need testing in fifteen weeks. If you feel you can't trust your all-but-conclusive eleven week result, test again in a week or two and collect your final, conclusive negative result.

Your symptoms are likely stress related - but get them checked out with a doctor. There are illnesses other than hiv out there, you know! Whatever is going on with you has nothing to do with hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ineed2know

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2007, 03:29:11 pm »
Yo moderators,  on May 16th, I have an followup appointment with the Infectious Disease physician. Since this will be my 13th week since my last exposure, I am going to request an HIV retest.  Since I am still experiencing various symptoms all over my body from chest discomfort to tingling of my skin and burning of the skin as well as stomach problems, is there a specific test that you recommend I ask for in detecting any viral loads etc.?  I have notice when I do not eat anything, my stomach is perfectly fine.  What do you make of this?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2007, 04:06:25 pm »
If you are seeing an ID doc, you won't be suggesting the test. They will give you the required test. Which will be an antibody test.

Offline Ineed2know

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2007, 09:58:48 am »
Hello moderators.

Quick question, by this being my 13 week, if my results continue to be negative should I assume that my chance of developing HIV antibodies from Feb 15 is an indicator that I did not get infected?  Another question, if a person has hepatitis, would this affect antibodies from showing up during a regular 13 week conclusive period?

Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2007, 10:03:41 am »
Ineed,

When you get your negative result today, it will mean you are conclusively hiv negative. You will not need further testing over this incident - which may or may not have even happened.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ineed2know

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2007, 05:25:36 pm »
Thanks Ann for the vote confidence.  Well everyone, my oral test came back negative today.  Again, the lady at the clinic said I should test again in three more months at the six month period just a piece of mind precaution.  I am scheduled to meet with ID physician on Wednesday.  I am still having symptoms such as discomfort around my chest, irritation around my right thigh, head pressure and earaches.  What do you all think of the recommendation for six month followup?  The lady at the clinic claims that recommendation of CDC.  But get this, I paid one of these sites $59 today provide me with the same answers I had before seeking there advice about my symptoms.  People, don't do what I just did. Take the advice of the moderators in here.  My inquiry to the other site was what was causing my symptoms. The answer was to go see a shrink!!!!! Especially after I told them all my HIV test were coming back negative.  That is not what I wanted to hear.  The old saying is true, the best things in life are free. 

Thanks again,
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 05:33:23 pm by Ineed2know »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2007, 05:57:08 pm »
Thanks Ann for the vote confidence.  Well everyone, my oral test came back negative today.  Again, the lady at the clinic said I should test again in three more months at the six month period just a piece of mind precaution.  I am scheduled to meet with ID physician on Wednesday.  I am still having symptoms such as discomfort around my chest, irritation around my right thigh, head pressure and earaches.  What do you all think of the recommendation for six month followup?  The lady at the clinic claims that recommendation of CDC.  But get this, I paid one of these sites $59 today provide me with the same answers I had before seeking there advice about my symptoms.  People, don't do what I just did. Take the advice of the moderators in here.  My inquiry to the other site was what was causing my symptoms. The answer was to go see a shrink!!!!! Especially after I told them all my HIV test were coming back negative.  That is not what I wanted to hear.  The old saying is true, the best things in life are free.

Thanks again,

The six month follow up is entirely unnecessary. Your 13 week test is conclusive and you are, as we said you'd be, HIV negative.

Though you may not have wanted to hear it, the suggestion that you talk to a health professional about your fears about HIV infection is a good one. Especially if that will help you move on from this. It's time you stopped surfing the net obsessing about this and got on with living your life.

MtD

Offline Ineed2know

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 11:05:19 pm »
Yo Moderators,  Why is there still conflicting information on the conclusive window period.  The clinic I visited keeps advocating 6 months as the conclusive test period from the last possible exposure.  This is week 16 and my test results are negative :)  This is a highly reputable clinic in the Wash DC area.  I notice that some of the people posting on here have similar symptoms.  If would be nice if people can report diagnosis es they get from their doctor.  I will be sure to report back on any findings I come up with.  So far, my general practitioner has been no help.  Kaiser Perm sucks!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 11:10:58 pm by Ineed2know »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2007, 01:13:18 am »
Ineed,

Some clinics insist on adhering to a six month window period which has long been outdated. If yours is telling you that you need to retest at 6 months then I would question how reputable it really is. The window period is 13 weeks.

Your week 16 result is utterly conclusive. You are HIV negative.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2007, 09:55:53 am »
The CDC is conservative in setting its recommendations for HIV testing. For a long time it has advocated 13 weeks as a point at which you can get a reliable and conclusive result. The only exceptions are those which involve IV drug use or a severely compromised immune system from cancer treatment or other catastrophic health condition. If such were the case with you, please believe me, you would know it. We're not talking subtle events in such a situation.

So there is no need for further testing and I don't care who tells you otherwise. Very unfortunately not every doctor or healthcare facility is as up with HIV realities as they ought to be. We're giving you the real deal. What you do with that of course is strictly up to you.

Congrats on your happy negative result. Celebrate by always using condoms for intercourse.

Cheers,   
Andy Velez

Offline Ineed2know

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2007, 12:54:32 pm »
I'm back!  I have a quick question for you guys and girls.  I just received my tests results for my Hep panel.  They came back negative for Hep A and B as well as normal for Thyroid whatever.  However, depending what I eat, I may experience an irritable bowel syndrome and diarrhea.  From time to time, I experience a weird feeling sensation across my forehead, but mainly around the left side of my ear. I also get feeling mini shocks all over my body.  My pinky ringers get numbness from time to time. I beginning to develop an ear ache.  I just need some reassurance.  This is not necessary related to HIV, is it?  I can't wait until the 6 month period. As you know, my 3 month HIV test came back negative. Thank you Jesus! After this, you all probably will not hear from me until after the six month test.

Thanks!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2007, 05:19:43 pm »
Jesus has nothing to do with this, your gratitude should be directed to the manufacturers of the condom that you used.

Your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV because your conclusive three month test result shows that you are indisputably HIV negative. As we've told you previously the 6 month test is entirely unnecessary. You should work with your doctors to determine what causing your symptoms.

MtD

Offline Ineed2know

update from Ineed2know
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2007, 12:25:53 pm »
Hello Andy and the rest of the crew.  It has been a few months since I last posted.  I had a high risk exposure back in February 2007.  I tested positive for Hep B at five months.  However, I tested negative for HIV at 5 months. I am concern that I may be serconventing.  Do you think I need to test today which will be the six month mark?  I know the three month rule.   I would encourage everyone that reads this post to get vaccinated for HEP B. I took two of the three shots back in 2003.  I now regret that I did not get the third and final shot.  Ask your doctor or inquire about the vaccination through your local clinic.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2007, 12:34:30 pm »
We've asked you before not to start new threads. Please keep all of your entries in this same thread or you're going to end up getting a time out.

No, you do not need to test again for HIV. You have reliably tested negative for the HIV virus. You are HIV negative. Period. End of story.

You're way past the time to get off of that not-so-merry-go-round. If you have symptoms that concern you that's something to discuss with your doctor. They are not about HIV. If you can't let go of this unfounded concern then it's time for you to see a counselor or other such professional to discuss what's going on. HIV is not your issue. Period. 
Andy Velez

Offline Ineed2know

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2007, 12:39:52 pm »
Andy, thanks for the generic response.  So, all though I came up positive for Hep B, it does not mean that I will necessary come up possitive for HIV?  The individual in question was positive for both.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2007, 12:43:35 pm »
need,

You tested negative two months AFTER the end of the window period. You ARE hiv negative. Period. End of story.

Make sure you use condoms next time and you won't have these worries.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2007, 06:01:58 am »
need,

We had a complaint from one of the many people you've been busily PMing.

You've tested conclusively hiv negative and as such, I see no good reason for you to be hanging around here, PMing other members, especially the newly diagnosed members that I KNOW you've been PMing.

I'm giving you a four week time out. Please don't bother coming back unless you have a new hiv scare - and if you've been paying attention to any of the things we've been trying to teach you, you won't have a new hiv scare.

Do NOT create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be banned, permanently.

Use condoms, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ineed2know

It has been over a year since I first posted
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2008, 09:08:17 pm »
To the POZ Crew: Andy Velez, Ann, Rapid Rod, Milker, FierenBed, Blockburner2828coffeechic88, ACinKC and matty.the.damned

Well, it has been a year, March 22, 2007 when I first posted about my scare. I was the one who got very intoxicated and could not recall what happened the night before on my vacation to Dom. Rep.  All my 12 tests came back negative.  As you probably can recall, I was obsessive with the possibility of being positive.  I am very thankful to you all.  As a matter of fact, I return to place of the incident just to face my demons.  I am happy to say I am living life, but have been forever change by the experience.  I still have a few symptoms I am trying to find the cause.  For those who can't seem to let go of this obsession, please seek help and keep busy in the mean time.  Thanks you guys so much. 

C.P. :)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: It has been over a year since I first posted
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2008, 09:19:05 pm »
need,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ineed2know

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2008, 09:31:04 pm »
I started to post my comment in my old thread.  I thought people may not want to read through all the previous responses and replys, but whatever makes you happy Ann.  What did you think of my one year commentary?  Peachs!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2008, 09:34:42 pm »
We think it backs up what we told you all along.

You're HIV negative. Now go and get on with your life.

MtD

Offline Ineed2know

lessons learned
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2008, 11:56:19 pm »
Well, since to day is World Aids Day, I thought I would post an update on my previous experience.  Hopefully, this will help someone in the future.  But first, I just want to announce that I had my annual HIV test to day.  It came back negative as I expected.  Especially since I have not been sexually active in over a year by choice. 

Some on here may remember that i had an situation where I was on vacation Feb 2007 in the Dominican Republic.  During this trip, I became heavily intoxicated.  While intoxicated I participated in a sexual act with someone of an unknown status at the time.  I experienced some health symptoms throughout the 2007.  I must have tested and tested and tested...  The moderators on here were wonderful and helped me to realize my 13 week HIV negative test was conclusive.   I just want to reiterate, please do not mix alcohol and sex.  As a repercussion, as assume everyone is positive and use protection at all times until you and your partner have agreed and tested together to build on your relationship.  For those having problems accepting your 13 week negative as conclusive, in time you will come to accept the results.  Please people, if you must get professional help, do so.  I recommend you everyone get tested at least once a year.  For me, this serves as reminder that only I am responsible for myself.  Encourage your family and friends to get tested.  This should become as routine as a regular checkup.  You should also know your status for hep A and hep B  as well as herpes 1 and 2.  I wish you all well.  Remember practicing safe sex is your own responsibility. 

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: lessons learned
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2008, 11:59:25 pm »
I almost don't have the heart to tell you to keep all your stuff in your original thread.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: lessons learned
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2008, 07:10:00 am »
need,

I've merged your threads yet again. What is it about DO NOT START NEW THREADS don't you understand?

~sigh~

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.