Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:48:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773197
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 522
Total: 522

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: OK... I'm getting mad at Bill and Hillary (again)  (Read 18244 times)

Offline atlq

Re: OK... I'm getting mad at Bill and Hillary (again)
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2008, 10:08:24 am »
From WaPo:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/26/AR2008082603921.html?hpid=topnews&sid=ST2008082603982&s_pos=

But Clinton's performance fell far short of the panacea the Democratic Party had desperately hoped for, delegates said. Some worried that, after Clinton's public withdrawal, more voters might defect for Republican John McCain or simply stay home.

"I'm not going to vote for Obama. I'm not going to vote for McCain, either," said Blanche Darley, 65, a Texas delegate for Clinton. Darley wore a button saying "Obamination Scares the Hell Out of Me."

"We love her, but it's our vote if we don't trust him or don't like him," said Darley, who was a superdelegate for Bill Clinton in the 1990s.

Weeping, Dawn Yingling, a 44-year-old single mother from Indianapolis, said that the speech was "fabulous" but that she still isn't going to work for the Obama campaign. "She was fabulous, nothing less than I expected. It's hard to sit here and think about she would have accomplished. We're not stupid -- we're not going to vote for John McCain," she said. But she'll limit her campaigning to a House candidate. "It will take a Congress as well as a president. That's what I can do and be true to who I am."

I hear there are still Argentinians mourning the death of Eva Peron....just sayin'.....
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 04:41:18 pm by atlq »
“Keep up the good work....   And God bless you.”
  --  Sarah Palin, to members of the Alaskan Independence Party, 2008

Offline bear60

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2008, 09:05:44 am »
Whatever the feelings about Bill and Hillary, they should be forgotten or else we might get this for president:
http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/325.html
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2008, 10:13:49 am »
Clearly these hardcore Hillaryites are COMPLETELY unhinged.  It's stunningly embarrassing.

There's really no reasoning with them, though I keep hearing "Oh, but it's Obama's job to win them over!"

Obama could whip out a 13-inch cock and they'd still not be happy.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:16:42 am by philly267 »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2008, 10:38:22 am »
Clearly these hardcore Hillaryites are COMPLETELY unhinged.  It's stunningly embarrassing.

There's really no reasoning with them, though I keep hearing "Oh, but it's Obama's job to win them over!"

Obama could whip out a 13-inch cock and they'd still not be happy.

It doesn't make sense - like so much so that I keep thinking it HAS to be staged somehow, right? 

I asked another poster on here awhile back to please explain all this great & terrible Obama "campaign insult" crap.  He refused and told me that I could go research it myself.  I think it's hogwash.  And I think this whole, "I may just vote for McCain or not vote at all" crap is childishness and madness.  McCain?  Like he is somehow more closely alligned to their ideals than Obama?  No.  It's pure spite.  And not voting at all?  Sorry - that (IMO) is utter lameness.  You VOTE.  Even if it is a "lesser of two evils" choice for you, you VOTE.   There are people the world over who are literally dying for the opportunity to have such a say-so in their representation.  To toss this priviledge aside so casually is appalling to me.  And yes, your vote DOES matter.  Even if you don't think it functions toward getting the next candidate in office, it matters - because the sheer numbers tell those in office, "These people are here and they care and they are paying attention". 

VOTE.

::steps down::
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2008, 11:24:56 am »
Exactly

Offline bear60

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2008, 05:46:52 pm »
Obama could whip out a 13-inch cock and they'd still not be happy. quote

If he DID do that he'd immediately have complaints of sexual harassment. Remember: "Long Dong Silver"?  He's now on the Supreme Court.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2008, 06:14:01 pm »
There's a pubic hair on my Pepsi!

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2008, 07:53:59 pm »
I must be a closet optimist. I never cease to be dismayed when people treat national elections like extended episodes of professional wrestling events. People who vote (or don't) out of spite obviously have no vested interest in the outcome, and frankly deserve what they get as a result.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.