Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:08:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 220
Total: 224

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: A Road Paved With Good Intentions  (Read 23873 times)

Offline Eldon

A Road Paved With Good Intentions
« on: November 30, 2006, 09:40:21 pm »
A Road Paved With Good Intentions

As I was working on my “About Eldon” post this evening, I had a revelation. I tend to get a lot of them when I sit down and write or type. Before I proceed, I ask that each and every member of this forum to release their hidden anxieties and clear your minds and view this topic with an “open perspective”.

After you have finished reading this topic, I also ask that each and every one of you to submit your views on what was read in this topic. Let us all make every effort to avoid taking this topic out of its perspective. There is a message that is being delivered here to each and every one of you. As far as the negativity is concerned:

“If you don't have kind words to say to the members that respond in this post, please DO keep silent.”

THE PURPOSE

The main objective of this thread is a direct attempt to clarify and to unify the very membership of this forum.

THE WORLD OF HIV/AIDS

HIV/AIDS is a GLOBAL pandemic. In the span of the past (25) twenty-five years there has been a number of deaths because of it. There are millions of human beings that are “aware” that they have the incurable virus. Then there are millions of human beings that are “unaware” that they have the virus. Each and every one of us here are “aware” that we have been infected by the virus.

As a result most are affected both mentally and physically by the virus. There are a number of long-term survivors who are members of this very forum. During their journey in this life, there have been a lot of things that they have coped with over the years. In fact, there are some ailments that are being coped with this very day by our long-term survivors that we are “unaware” of. While dealing with these ailments, it becomes very difficult to accept this in their lives along with the aging factor as well.

In short, the long-term survivors are dealing with it the best way they know how to. In fact, some do take a moment of their day to share their experiences with us in order to deliver a message to us but to also help them cope with their situation just as well. With their messages they are indirectly asking for our support. To the long-term survivors, it is clearly understood that it is a struggle that you are dealing with each and every day of this life. You are not alone in your battle. We are here to support you and to encourage you. In the midst of the situation, a certain degree of irritability exists because of the inner anxieties that are being stirred up due to the “know” or “awareness” of these ailments.

For a word of encouragement, this is the time where you need to grab a hold of your inner strength and your inner courage within you. It is there, it is just covered up with all of these external anxieties. It is a tough challenge to do so when you are being pulled in every different direction in this life. That is completely understood. All I am saying just DO your BEST to grab a hold of it by the reins. Just give it a try and you will find that inner-peace will follow behind it.

As part of my “About Eldon” thread, it had come to my “awareness” in August of 1990 (16 years ago) that I was tested for HIV and I was positive. How this was found out was through a routine blood test that was administered by Blue Cross/Blue Shield. I was told the news in the parking lot of my job! On top of that, it was at lunch time! Following the breaking news, left in a state-of-shock which had altered my state-of-mind, I had to go back into the office on the 8th floor and face all of my co-workers and my bosses to finish working the remainder of the day. Do you want to talk about tough? That was tough. I am thankful to the Great Divine, Yes God. That I was able to reach within me and find my inner strength and my inner courage to make it through the day. It was tough to keep a smile on my face and a positive attitude when I had this automatic inner anxiety which was triggered by the external anxiety of being infected with HIV/AIDS. How am I doing? I will follow-up with that in the other thread that is being created.

What I am trying to say to the ones who are going through and when it is tough and you are uncertain of the outcome, there is a very high possibility that if you DO take a deep breathe and look within, your courage and your inner strength…it is there. I am a living witness from my personal experience! In fact, it has been there all of the time!

Further, it does not have to be doom and gloom if you are HIV positive. In fact we are the very ones who select which type of programming that we will have for our minds. Yes, we do.

A fact: You decide how you feel.
A fact: You can’t have a feeling without a thought first.
A fact: Your brain has no choice but to believe what you tell it.
A fact: The brain cannot distinguish between a real happening and an imagined happening.

Again, it is clearly understood that it is an extreme challenge to someone who is trying to cope with these ailments the BEST way you know how to. This very message today is to SHARE with you and ENCOURAGE you during our current battle with HIV/AIDS.

Yes, I DO have bad some bad days. In fact, we all DO. When this happens, I refuse to allow a negative thought or anxiety to take over my life. The moment can be brief or it may last for a few hours. However, I make it my business to DO something in order for me to shake that bad mood off of me. There are a number of things that I DO so that I can improve where there is room for improvement.

FOR THE NEWLY DIAGNOSED

HIV/AIDS is a shock to many of us. In fact, it is a tough pill to swallow. Some may say that it is not. However, deep within you behind the scenes, it is eating you alive like a cancer with the external anxiety which has caused your internal anxiety to go hog wild. This may apply to some, but not all. With my initial experience or “awareness” of becoming infected with HIV. I took me a moment to get-a-grip on what was going on in my highly successful life. To comfort and re-assure my strength within, I immediately disclosed to my parents, brothers, and my sisters. I also share with you that it has helped me tremendously with my current support system.

Inside of me I knew that this was an incurable virus. I had to accept that first. I did. Then I understood what could or could not be as a result of this. Then, I communicated it with my family, some friends and my Doctor. The answer is no. I did not go on meds in the beginning. I just started meds this year of 2006. Through it all I have never gotten sick. Yes, I am very thankful. Again, more of me in the other thread that I am working on. This thread is about US. Straight, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Lesbian, Transsexual and others. HIV has no respect of person.

So to the newly infected, education, learning from others experiences, taking care of yourself, avoiding self-destructive behavior, acceptance, communication, and understanding in this is all KEY to this life.

TREATMENT

In the earlier days of treatment, the pharmaceutical companies did not have the kind of treatment that is available to us in this day and age. A lot has changed over the years and in the future things will change just as well due to the unheard of research that is being done on our behalf and the other HIV/AIDS survivors that are on clinical trials.

If you are taking anti-viral medications, please DO adhere to what the Doctor has prescribed to you. It is important in order to maintain an certain level of your medicine in your system. Just take a moment and give thanks for viral load suppression. Yes, a reality.

Aidsmeds.com was facilitated by Peter Staley. As I perceive this site, (again we all have a different perspective, if you have read this far you Do have an open perspective) it was developed with the vision of giving persons in this World who are “Living With HIV/AIDS” an outlet or a “supportive” type atmosphere as well as provide us with the educational part of HIV/AIDS. It just makes sense. This I am also thankful for. Yes, I am.

In a “supportive” environment, each and every person has the right to come to share their experiences in this life and to aid others on their journey by giving constructive feedback rather than destructive feedback or alternative motives of the unknown nature. On this very site, there are different people (white, black, brown, Latino, Straight, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Lesbian, Transsexual, Celibate) with different perspectives (how it is seen through the eyes of the reader), with different personalities, with different backgrounds, and such.

In an environment as such, as one member stated today in a certain topic; “There should be NO DIVISION or SEPERATION of this body, the Aidsmeds Support forum”. UNITED, we will all stand and make an impact in this life, and DIVIDED we will fall by the way side, as such others will leave the site for various reasons.

In NO TERMS should any member of this forum receive a “personal attack” or be “singled out” for whatever the underlying motive it is to Do so. In all essence, putting a person out there be ROASTED for no valid reason at all is a disgrace to the old and new members of this forum. A prime EXAMPLE HERE…is Jesus. The son of God. He was sent here to clean up the mess that had been made by man himself after the Ten Commandments were written. In fact, he came and he HEALED the sick, he raised the dead, walked on water, fed a multitude of people with a few fish and some loaves of bread, and did nothing but HELP each and every person that he could with their troubles. Even the blind man was able to see once again.   

What I am saying here in this EXAMPLE is that when the World was in trouble, he came to their aid to HELP and did what he could to make the situation better. He ENCOURAGED and he SUPPORTED and he remained POSITIVE through it all. He handled it in a MATURE fashion. He was HELPING others out of the goodness of his own heart when he did not have to do so. But he DID in spite of all of the persecution and rock throwing at him. He even gave his very life to be nailed to an old wooden cross for all of the people! His own did not even receive him and he was doing these GOOD works and changing everyone’s life that he came in contact with. WHY? Because he wanted to HELP THEM!!! In fact, he HELPED those who wanted to HELP themselves.

Again, I used this as an EXAMPLE to each and every one of you. Help me to understand WHY you would want to nail someone to the cross if all they were doing was trying to HELP YOU? That does not make any sense to me at all.

As far as the NAME calling and the slanderous remarks in an attempt to defuse or to degrade a person is totally uncalled for. It does NOT make any sense. We are all ADULTS here and we have been through a hell of a lot of different experiences in this life and the LAST THING anyone would want after coming to seek “support” is to receive this kind of treatment to them.

Negative statements is totally unnecessary. If you have a comment of such even if it is a disagreement, by all means please DO share. That does NOT mean that it has to be made with a negative foreign nature to it. A lot of people take things the wrong way and it is often misunderstood. There are bound to be disagreements. On this forum is extremely helpful to have a good clean debate.

There should NOT be a criteria that is set for you to voice your own opinion here at the forums. Freedom of speech. When in disagreement, try to be constructive with your statements, it helps the perception in a mighty way. In fact, this entire thread was written in a constructive manner in an attempt to get the message delivered.

Again, this should NOT turn into a Oldie versus a Newbie challenge here. UNDERSTAND THAT EACH AND EVERYONE OF US ARE HERE BECAUSE WE ALL ARE HIV POSITIVE IN THIS LIFE!!!

I do my Damnest to suggest rather than dictate. It all boils down to YOU and YOUR choices that YOU make based on YOUR perspective.

If it is NOT CLEAR, then ASK for a clarification rather than assuming the person’s intentions. Again, this topic is a SUGGESTION to all of the members here at the forums. If applied, you will be surprised as to the POSITIVE outcome of this. No one should need a lawyer in order to state their case here.

The door is now open for YOUR constructive FEEDBACK. Please try to stay on the topic. Thank you for your attention.

Make the BEST of each Day!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 12:00:58 am by Eldon »

Offline Robert

Re: A Paved Road With Good Intentions
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 10:17:06 pm »
Hi Eldon.  It's me, Robert

Thank you so much for the posting.  I agree.  If you notice, I did not respond to those earlier HOT topics.  I stay away because I agree with you, constructive criticism is fine, difference of opinion is fine, negative thoughts are not.  When I get mad or upset I just bite my lip and turn away.  Maybe not having a "strong" character, the strength of my convictions so to speak, is a sign of weaknesse.  Sobeit. I'm just not good at conflict.  Others strive on it.   But that's me and I know I'm not alone in feeling that way.    Why get all steamed up over something that does not contribute to my own well being and my own small world of living with AIDS? 

I contribute what little I can and I hope people understand that. I think you do.

robert

ps... I'm glad you took the time to write out your thoughts on MSWORD. 

Offline Longislander

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 10:36:36 pm »
Hi Eldon, It's Paul ;)

This is pretty straight-forward stuff, and I agree with you.
I've stated my take on this enough times in the past few days, so you, and most here, know where I'm standing.

Interesting to see you've been pos for 16years. I'm happy to hear it wasn't 16 miserable years. Good luck with the new meds.

Paul

infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline Eldon

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 10:44:39 pm »
Hey Robert,

Thanks.

Hey Paul,

You have to be straight-forward to get your message out.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
Re: A Road Paved With Good Intentions
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 11:01:28 pm »
Eldon,

While I know you mean well, your post above is so condescending I do not know where to even begin.  Where did you get your "facts?"  Since when do you only have a feeling after a thought?  And your brain can be easily deceived or controlled, or simply altered by disease.  But the strangest was that the brain cannot distinguish between reality and imagination???  Surely you do not believe that mental issues can be reduced to pablum points or like depression for idiots.

You seem to miss the whole point.  Life is never black and white and the longer you insist that every thing is rosy and positive thinking will SOLVE ALL OF THE WORLDS ISSUES, well I find it hard to believe you have been poz for 16 years and remain so naive.  Actually, I find you suspect in general, especially after this post.  It might be me, but you do not speak like anyone who has been poz for that long.  There is just something about how you relate your history, tinged with enough for it to seem plausible, but lacking in the real depth of anyone who had truly been there.

My issue with your approach is that there is no one thing that will work for everyone and sometimes, especially during a bad day, people may just want some validation or even silence.

I am sorry Eldon, but something about you just does not seem right to me and often I find your simplistic responses to very serious problems as a potentially dangerous thing.  You post things like they are written in stone, rarely preferenc-ed by what your opinion is and I could almost believe your posts are scripted.

Like I said, I want to believe you mean well, but I just do not see it the majority of the time.  I would never presume to tell another about what they have experienced and I am frustrated that you seem to believe that such treatment is not only fine, but almost always warranted.

When you are dealing with a deadly disease, it is not the intentions that you need to worry about, but rather the content of the messages.

Offline Longislander

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 11:09:32 pm »
wow, this stuff is tiring.

Joe-you wrote this, can you imagine?; Do you know you just said you don't believe he's been positive since 1990 because he doesn't SPEAK LIKE SOMEONE who's been positive since 1990? WTF?

Support is great and all I ask is that you try and remain sensitive to the particular author before just throwing advice around.  It is not true that all advice is equal, nor welcome.  I would hope that for those who are unable to relate to a post and address what the poster needs (not what you decide they need) then just pass that by
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 11:23:17 pm by Longislander »
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 11:20:34 pm »
Jesus Eldon, I don't know whether to go to church, or find the nearest tower and start picking people off ???

You definitely ARE an intriguing fellow.  I will give you that!

Take care ;D

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 11:24:18 pm »

John....  Oh brother...  LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't see what he wrote so I won't comment! 

Edited to add: Not because he's on ignore, but because I've read most of this stuff elsewhere.   

Eldon,

The part where you where at work, that must have been a tough situation.  I would have headed home and used a sick day, but you have so much more resolve then me. 

Jill is cool by the way................... 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 11:29:54 pm by skeebo1969 »
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 11:29:17 pm »
Well, many of you know I love Baby Jesus especially for all the tangible help He's given me, especially in 2005. (Eric knows certainly)

Eldon: One thing I will say at this point is this: Don't take too long with that "About Eldon" thread you promised because I think, all things considered, that is what's needed most at this point to stabilize this whirlwind. And it IS a whirlwind unfortunately.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 11:37:18 pm by allopathicholistic »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 11:32:35 pm »

Alex,

I've seen it in his other threads as far as treat others this way... and optimistic views..  All this reader agrees with by the way...   

Offline Robert

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 11:38:42 pm »
Joe

I just have to say this.  It is your quite complex and convulted sentences and thoughts that I find to be a "...potentially dangerous thing."  

Most of the time I just cannot understand what you are saying.  My eyes glaze over and I'm lost. When you post I have to read you over and over just to see what I missed.  At first you made me feel very stupid and inadequate. ("Wow...this is Joe talking, using big words and ideas.  It must be important and I must be a dolt because I don't understand a word he says")  Do you think your approach helps me?  Or others like me?  No way. Making someone who has AIDS feel inferior is not conducive to good mental health.   I'll take Eldon's thought process any day over yours.

robert  

Offline Eldon

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 11:42:37 pm »
Well Joe,

I will say it like this. It takes a thought in order to have a feeling that is how the Brian works.

As far as a disease is concerned Joe, there are people living with HIV right now that has PML. In fact, some have died from it.

When you are depressed it comes in many different stages, it even clouds your thinking. This is why people are diagnosed with a Mental Illness.

Obviously you missed the whole point. I does not have to be that way. That is all I am saying. In fact, there are some who cannot HELP it to change the situation. A little encouragement does not hurt anyone.

You can believe what YOU want to believe. That is YOUR mind and those are YOUR thoughts. That is how YOU perceive it to be. WHY would someone tell a bold face LIE about something as serious as HIV/AIDS? That does not make any sense to me at all. I know MY LIFE and how it was lived.

It is so hard to believe that I actually took control of my life instead of letting a virus take it over and drown me with sorrow? HELL NO!!! I do what I need to DO and maintain MY LIFE as I see fit and these are MY RESULTS.

Don't YOU get it? It is MY CHOICE.

Now, I DO agree that what will work for me may not work for someone else. There is not a Damn thing wrong with trying to share with someone with something that could HELP them in their life.

Again, it boils down to YOUR perspective. This is how YOU see it. The sun does not rise and set on you or me or the others.

FYI - I took MY TIME out this evening to sit down at my computer out of care backed with pure intentions to write this out. If you think scripted then that is what you are telling your brain.

The CONTENT of this message is to HELP others in this battle. It is to HELP them with their struggle.

If you do not wish to have HELP, then put it on ignore and leave it alone. This thread IS NOT about me it is about all of the others who NEEDS some kind words in their lives with HIV.

Please keep your derogatory comments to yourself.

"Make the BEST of each Day---You can if you try to"
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 11:52:13 pm by Eldon »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 11:45:00 pm »

Does this mean Joe won't be getting any more shout out threads?

Is this what Eldon was referring to?

Hey Robert did you know you can use google on those words?  Google is amazing... If I was Al Gore I would have taken credit for that instead!

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 11:48:40 pm »
Does this mean Joe won't be getting any more shout out threads?

I think that was just the sound of Joe's echo coming back......You know, how it sounds all garbled and all?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 11:54:03 pm by kcmetroman »

Offline Eldon

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 11:57:10 pm »
Tom,

I can help those who want to help themselves.

That's all I can DO.

Offline Angel-Ronnie

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 12:06:35 am »
Thank you again Eldon for this thread, It helps to have others point of views and also for me getting a better uberstanding about this. Much appreciated..

Peace and love to all
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it - Charles Swindoll
2012-04-23 CD4=847 VL=125 CD4%=29
06-02-2013 CD4=990 VL=<20 CD4%=28
05-07-2013 CD4=869 VL=<20 CD4%=30
05-12-2013 CD4=859 VL=262 CD4%=28
03-05-2014 CD4=743 VL=<20 CD4%=28
30-09-2014 CD4=291 VL=33 CD4% =30
24-02-2015 CD4 1065 VL=1814 CD4%=30
22-07-2015 CD4=974 VL=<20 CD4%=32
19-01-2016 CD4=940 VL=<30 CD4%=33
11-07-2016 CD4=646 VL=<30 CD4%=26
11-01-2017 CD4=749 VL=<30 CD4%=29
27-06-2017 CD4=948 VL=<30 CD4%=32
22-12-2017 CD4=824 VL=<30 CD4%=32
09-06-2018 CD4=1036 VL=<40 CD4%=31
12-01-2019 CD4=915 VL=<30 CD4%=31
28-05-2019 CD4=855 VL=<40 CD4%=28
24-06-2021 CD4=927 VL=<20 CD4%=33
04-12-2021 CD4=1240 VL=<20 CD4%=34
25-06-2022 CD4=1408 VL=<40 CD4%=33
04-01-2023 CD4=982 VL=<20 CD4%=31
27-05-2023 CD4=1096 VL=<<40 CD4%=32

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 12:09:24 am »
Eldon....you know I'm with ya all the way......

Offline joyluckclub

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2006, 12:24:01 am »
Eldon, this is Corwyn.

I love your posts.  I'm not speaking for anyone else but me.  When I read your posts, you seem to cut through all the debris and focus on what is important.

I do my best to not get into the "arguments" that sometimes happen here. 

Keep on writing your wonderful words of encouragement.  Your words mean so much to so many people!

Corwyn 
"Honey, be who you is"  Madea.........

Offline Eldon

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 12:40:15 am »
Hey Corwyn,

Thanks. Also, keep it up with your challenges as well my friend.

Take Care of You!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006, 05:45:11 am »
I was beginning to wonder when you would get around to offering up a big ol', heapin', helpin' of some old time religion. Coming from a long line of snake-handlers and bible-thumpers myself, I just knew it was a matter of time. My eyes were just about to glaze over when I got to the juicy, Jesus bit. Nice touch...criticize Eldon and you might as well  just go right ahead and knock the baby Jesus out the manger. Course for my money the only true "great divine" was a guy named Andy. Anywho, maybe this will help....

I CORINTHIANS 6: 9-10
"or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor male prostitutes nor practising homosexuals nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers will inherit the Kingdom of God."

.....man, talk about your external anxiety. Ain't that a bitch.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 10:53:12 am by Dachshund »

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 09:55:37 am »
I am sorry if I offended anyone because I merely stated my own opinion.  It appears that some posters are incapable of any criticism and why any of the rest of you needed to chime in at all, just to slam me is beyond me.  I express my feelings in a straight forward manner and that is what I did.  But rather than any real discussion ensuing, I instead am met by negative comments and no query as to why I might have made such comments.

I also ask that you go back and read what I wrote, in that I never implied that Eldon was not poz, I just questioned how he could be poz for so long, yet seem so detached from the realities of HIV.  I swear half of the problems on these forums is due to poor reading skills by posters.

Most pathetic are the cowards who crawl out of the wood work, to make their cheap shots, before they crawl back under their rock.

So to end this, at least on my part, let me simply repeat that these were my opinions, I never claimed that Eldon has not been poz for however long he claimed, just that I find great discomfort in much of what he says and the fact that he seems to believe that the only things most people here need are good thoughts and smiley faces.

Maybe some of you need to learn how to take some constructive criticism.

And save your breath I am done here.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 10:01:07 am by killfoile »

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2006, 10:06:35 am »
Jesus Eldon, I don't know whether to go to church, or find the nearest tower and start picking people off ???

You definitely ARE an intriguing fellow.  I will give you that!

Take care ;D

ROFLMAO!!! My thoughts exactly!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2006, 10:09:45 am »
Hey Joe, aint it a bitch to have to defend yourself for unwarranted criticism?

Have a great life....

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2006, 11:09:30 am »
I think someones external anxieties are showing. Remember negative in results in negative out. Hopefully, Eldon did not intend for his thread to be hijacked just so folks could settle old scores? I hope he speaks to that. Though I disagree with his philosophy I would ask Eldon to join with me in asking forum members not to use his thread for personal vendettas.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2006, 11:12:26 am »
Dach, Eldon does not need to do anything if we just ignore such comments.  They add nothing to this discussion, other than a distraction and for me I cleaned up the whole problem with the Ignore feature.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2006, 07:45:17 pm »
Hey Thomas...

I Do admire your interaction with all of the members in this forum. In fact, through this, it is helping you and each and every one of us in more ways than one. It will come to you as time goes along.

As far as giving a shout out to Joe, I would Do it for anyone in this very forum and Yes, that includes you too, in spite of any differences. We are all Human Beings as we walk on this journey in this life.

Hey John...

Just the echo from the valley comes back to you in more ways than one and Yes, that is a good thing.

Hey Angel...

I also thank you again just a well as it does help to gain others points of views as it CAN help us in more ways than one.

Hey John...

Thank you for flying the friendly skies of Positive Airlines! Would you like a set of earphones? Or would that be coffee, tea or milk?

Hey Corwyn...

It is truly amazing what you experience when you go to the coffee shop. There is so much that is there waiting for you not to mention the socialization process that takes place.

Hal...Hal...Hal...

You knew all of the time that the message was well on its way. Just as the angel in heaven Do battle for all of us each day, the message eventually gets delivered to us. I must say that that was an excellent selection of scripture that you have chosen. Oh Yes, do you really want to talk about external anxieties. I am on the same page with you. It is a bitch. through it all, I just share that you just need to be yourself.

Hey Joe...

Your apologies are accepted. It is a good reason to somewhat vary our opinions. Through this very experience, there is something that comes out of it. What may that be? Oh Yes, UNDERSTANDING. Oh God, it is a beautiful thing when an understanding takes place. A lot of Ooosss... and Aaaahhhsss...

Also, I Do understand that these realities are there. If you go back and look at the initial thread it is a direct reflection of these realities.

As far as good thoughts and smiley faces, I am a living witness that it will HELP you and carry you a long way as we all walk on our individual Journeys of this life. On your Journey when your purpose is realized, it is even more intensified ad you continue to walk down your path.

In this life, anything that can be added to and to improve the situation is totally a welcomed experience in this life.

Hey ACinKC...

I truly enjoy your interaction just as well. It helps me in more ways than one just as well. It ain't over. LOL!

Hey John..

Ditto.

Oh Hal...

A big smile is on my face as I giggle with Joy and inspiration from your matter of perception. You are in fact correct, I did not intend for this thread to be hi-jacked. Thanks for helping to bringing it back on its course.

As Hal and I agree and join together as a unified effort, I would like to ask the forum members not to use this thread for personal vendettas. That is not the purpose for this thread.

A message is being delivered here, so please step aside as it is being delivered. Your cooperation is deeply appreciated.

Hey Joe...

Our Jeffreyj out in Phoenix had created a different thread in order to gather feedback on a situation. he did this because HE CARED. When a person takes the time out to CARE, that means a whole lot to me just as anyone else in this life.

Again, if a infusion of an added positive suggestion distracts you, then by all means you can utilize the ignore feature. I am still trying to understand you.

Why would anyone not want to have and additional assistance offered to them as a suggestion? in fact, if you felt this way, why did you even bother to comment in this thread? It does not add up.

In spite of Joe, I sincerely wish you the BEST through all of your personal struggles in this life as you walk on your own journey.

"Make the BEST of each Day, You can if you try to!"
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 08:26:05 pm by Eldon »

Offline Eldon

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2006, 09:15:09 pm »
Hey Everyone!

As you have seen, I am not here to put you on blast. In fact, the reason I am here not only for support but to help you where I can.

Following up with the SAD thread. IF, you happen to fall into the unwarranted situation of SAD, then by all means feel free to PM me and I will be more than happy to share the program with you.

Again, thank you for your attention.

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2006, 09:19:44 pm »
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions." 

Boo
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2006, 09:31:23 pm »
Thank you BOO for your classic example of bitterness. In my opinion it was uncalled for.

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 09:51:41 pm »
Thank you BOO for your classic example of bitterness. In my opinion it was uncalled for.

You're welcome.

Thank you for your incessant simplistic blather, Dr. Phil of AIDSmeds.  In my opinion it's risible.

Boo

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2006, 09:59:18 pm »
Boo,

You do have an awareness, but it is in your own opinion and there was a reason and a intent behind your very words.

SFscruff

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2006, 10:38:05 am »
Kudos to Good Health Joe! 

Joe, when I read your postings, I might not agree with what you're saying and your experience are not necessarily my experiences, your thoughts not necessarily my thoughts, etc., but your writing style is lucid, well-written and coherent. 

Even when I'm recognizing what different people you and I are, I do understand what you're saying and why you're saying it and begin a cognitive process to accept and honor you.  You'd be an enjoyable person to talk with in person!  I bet you're a damned good conversationalist!  OK, except when I suggest that emotions and feelings are just 'thoughts' like every other product of the human mind and you'd look at me aghast!  But, I can't but help feel we'd reach a gentleperson's agreement about our differences.

You don't write in mindless chiches, you don't endlessly regurgitate pointless sophisms best left on Hallmark greeting cards, and from what I've seen so far, you don't try to convince me that you've got a higher path for me.  Thanks for keeping my mind sharp! 

Scruff.

SFscruff

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2006, 01:10:22 pm »
Did I perhaps miss any mention in this thread that the 'A Road Paved With Good Intentions' is partial slice and dice from the old quote, 'The ROAD TO HELL, is paved with good intentions.'  The ancients had something in mind when then coined the entire phrase, ie., good intentions aren't necessarily what might be most important, the impact is.  Scruff

Offline cph9680

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2006, 01:28:19 pm »
Maybe, I'm just simplistic and imbecilic...but I certainly don't see how all this fighting amongst each other can be beneficial to anyone  ???

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2006, 01:55:33 pm »
Hey Cph,

This thread is not about bickering, rather it is merely a heated discussion.  While I realize that too much turmoil can be harmful, I would hope that we could support in-depth discussions, as long as they are conducted in a respectful fashion.  If people here were calling each other names, or worse, that would be one thing and I would agree that such a post was a waste.

But one of the tenants of empowering yourself is when you can be exposed to different ideas and styles and pick your way through to find the diamonds in the rough.  I believe that threads such as these are very beneficial because many of the people here have few places where they can talk freely about their issues and for many of us, we actually enjoy adult conversations.

It all comes down to this being one big family and families squabble and then they make up.  In these threads lies more empathy and compassion than any of us could ever comprehend.

Please do not judge this place by a few heated threads.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 01:57:48 pm by killfoile »

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2006, 02:04:12 pm »
Hey SF,

We would have no problem discussing anything, especially the thoughts comment.  My point on that comment was that not all people have a thought before they experience a feeling and the human mind is almost beyond comprehension.  I suppose my biggest beef is when anyone posts something like it is carved in stone, because there will always be someone who will fall into the cracks and depending upon the post, it can either save or destroy certain people.

An example would be for a poster to always insist that meds work for everyone and deride those who may chose other options.  Imagine if you will, being someone who's dozens of med protocols have FAILED THEM and they read the above, which implies that if your meds do not work, then it is somehow your fault.

My hope is that sometimes people will hear what I am saying and you are right, I really enjoy good conversations and my mind is much more open than you might think.

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2006, 02:07:02 pm »
criticize Eldon and you might as well  just go right ahead and knock the baby Jesus out the manger.

Well some babies grow up to be great doctors.

Your comment is the dumbest I've heard all week. One has nothing to do with the other. Eldon isn't Jesus. Nice attempt at humor but you can file it under "F" for failure.

Love you! Always!
:-*

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2006, 02:08:02 pm »
It all comes down to this being one big family and families squabble and then they make up.  In these threads lies more empathy and compassion than any of us could ever comprehend.

Hear hear!

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2006, 02:22:25 pm »
Boo,

You do have an awareness, but it is in your own opinion and there was a reason and a intent behind your very words.

Actually, I have a room filled with 1000 monkeys who type on IBM Selectras (TM) all day and I randomly grab what one has typed and use it in a post.   

The other day I grabbed a page entitled "MacBeth" but it turned out to be about a new burger from McDonalds.

Boo

Offline gerry

• Joined AM Feb 2003
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2006, 02:38:04 pm »
My point on that comment was that not all people have a thought before they experience a feeling and the human mind is almost beyond comprehension.

Joe,

I think that point comes across loud and clear even though not very many people have acknowledged it.  I for one agree with you on that.

I really think that Eldon means no harm.  I do feel that that in his zeal to try to help others (good intention), he is overdoing it a tad to the point that it feels to some to be a bit too much to tolerate (not so good outcome).  That's an illustration of a FEELING that was not really preceded by a THOUGHT.  Now after that FEELING subsided, my active THOUGHT process allowed me to resist the urge to participate in making rebuttal posts on his points that I don't agree with (mainly because I don't FEEL the need to pursue it at this time).  Thoughts and feelings are meant to intermingle seamlessly, I think (or is it I feel?). 

Good health to you!

Gerry

Offline Eldon

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2006, 08:25:55 pm »
Hey SF,

We would have no problem discussing anything, especially the thoughts comment.  My point on that comment was that not all people have a thought before they experience a feeling and the human mind is almost beyond comprehension. 

Hey Joe...

I am not responding to you in an argument. However, you DO have a very valid point with this. Now, based on my studies with Human Behavior and the addition to the Stress, Anxiety, and Depression studies, this is something that had been how do you say...been made as an awareness to many.

In fact, I will start a topic in the other forum to see what others feel about the element of this. Maybye Lucinda can clarify it for us. When I find out I will let you know. Also, it is not written in stone. No, it is about sharing the very possibilities that exists that can possibly assist us with our varied situations. There is no mandate that it has to be followed. It is strictly to share and to encourage an awareness. No dictatorship here, only suggestions that may, can, or will help someone else along the way on their journey. That is the purpose.

Hey Gerry...

That makes yourself, Joe, and me as far as that particular point with the thought and the feeling topic. As soon as I get some feedback from the others I will share what comes from it.

Also, Yes, I do not mean any harm. It is with good intentions.

Happy Holidays!

« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 08:28:43 pm by Eldon »

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2006, 08:51:02 pm »

Posted by Eldon:
In fact, I will start a topic in the other forum to see what others feel about the element of this. Maybye Lucinda can clarify it for us. When I find out I will let you know. It is strictly to share and to encourage an awareness. No dictatorship here, only suggestions that may, can, or will help someone else along the way on their journey. That is the purpose.

I swear to god I am a patient man.  Or at least I truly try to be.   ;)

But am I the only one who senses some proselitizing going on here?

Eldon, I don't know you, so I would never presume to question your "intention" and/or motivation, I would only hope that you might consider the possibility that the intensity and frequency with which you present your beliefs might seem disrespectul for other members who do not share the same "awareness" that you do.  Is it possible you might try to temper some of this out of "respect and love" for all forums members?   :-*

HAVE THE BEST DAY

RAB

Offline gerry

• Joined AM Feb 2003
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2006, 08:54:47 pm »
Who's Lucinda???

Offline Cliff

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2006, 08:56:53 pm »
Maybye Lucinda can clarify it for us.

Yes, who is Lucinda?  And why do we need her to clarify something for us, if we don't even know who she is.

???

Offline Eldon

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2006, 10:00:19 pm »
Hey RAB...

No it is not. There is no one trying to recruit anyone or to change their beliefs. I will make that perfectly clear to keep this on topic. What you are reading is something that someone has experienced in their life and they are only trying to share it with others. There is no hidden agenda behind this. It is simply to reach out to help others.

Gerry and Cliff...

Lucinda is the founder of the Midwest Center for Stress and Anxiety.

If anyone is offended by someone who is simply trying to share and help without any other motives...then please DO forgive me for attempting to DO so.

Happy Holidays!

Offline gerry

• Joined AM Feb 2003
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2006, 10:25:50 pm »
Eldon:

Thank you for clarifying who Lucinda is.

You don't need to apologize.  I don't think that was anyone's intent here.  You stated in your original post that if things are not clear, then ask for a clarification.  I think that's what people are trying to get you to do - to take your arguments to the next level...without having to ask Lucinda.

You are free to express yourself.  So please do.

Gerry
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 10:40:11 pm by gerry »

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2006, 10:44:28 pm »

cph,

I had to re-read your short response/note over a couple of times.

For first I thought you were calling Eldon the Magnificent, simplistic and imbecilic.I personally find that Eldon is just a fountain of information. Kind of like L. Ron Hubbard: The Founder of Scientology. best known for Dianetics technology and the Scientology philosophy.

“Dianetics” by L. Ron Hubbard.

cph,
You should buy this book. (It makes a great stocking stuffer for Xmas)  I’m sure Eldon has a tape/address/  or referrals to where you can get a free copy or just pay a minimal amount/donation later on.

But in my opinion he sounds more like the religious-right-wing based group like the Shanti project. Whom (they) could care less about your health (HIV/AIDS) but only really care about conversion.

cph, Here at AIDSmeds forum we don’t fight one another. (Maybe we do fight with one another.) We watch out for one another. We question everything by everyone who puts anything up on the screen. But we also don’t take any crap from fly by night Do-Gooders.  and the so-called do gooders of the world.

Eldon, I hope that you are able to spread your (Simplistic) love and (Child like) joy throughout the world, but don’t think for a single minute that you’ll be able to fool those of us that have walked this road long before you were even an after thought in your parents minds.

I truly believe that your intention (Here) are probably meant by you to be honorable (Although somewhat self-serving on your part)  but more possibly are just egotistical.

In your calm manner you seem (I repeat) seem to do well. (The do-gooder) Calmly, I’ll say this to you, I have seen your like/kind/thinking put many of my loved ones and friends in the grave.

I don’t like you Eldon! And I don’t care who does or does not know that. In my opinion, you are a very dangerous person that attempts to prey off of the misery of others to satisfy your own loneliness.

Now come over here and let me give you a hug.

There, There, There.

See Eldon,  No more Aids, no more crapping your/my ass off, no more having to take pills. as a matter of fact, I think I/we could go fuck someone tonight just because Eldon says we can.

PS. I’m really appalled by my annoyance s with you. You are such a nothing of cut, copy, and paste.

Offline cph9680

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2006, 11:38:29 pm »
Terry...

I like Eldon, he's a nice guy, and he's a good guy.

I do not like L. Ron Hubbard, and I don't want the chance to like him.

And there might not be fighting, but things certainly aren't on the friendliest of terms right now!

Offline Eldon

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2006, 01:00:01 am »
Hey Gerry...

Thanks...You hit the nail on the head. Expression.

Hey Terry...

What is Santa going to give you for Christmas? LOL!

I am doing my BEST to try to understand you and where you are coming from. Indeed you are right, I am a fountain of information. I read every chance I get. After all this is why they have schools and colleges...it is for education to further our knowledge so that we may be able understand and to have the ability to facilitate other things in this life.

In your opinion Terry that is what it sounds like to you due to your perception. Perhaps this perception may have come from your past experiences. Again, I clarify to retain the topic's purpose, this has nothing to do with a change of beliefs nor to recruit anyone. The only pure motive is to try to share and to assist others with a situation(s) that they may, can, or could be dealing with.

As you have further mentioned, as you speak on behalf of the others, you watch out for one another. In a way that is a good thing. We are suppose to care for one another. But, the fighting has to stop. As far as fly-by-night...in my opinion Terry that is a term that is totally out-of-context here. In fact, it does not make sense after 1500+ posts.

A do-gooder? Have I called you any names? No, I have not and I will not even be lured or deceived into doing so. Also, I take that as a compliment coming from you. I am quite comfortable with my position as being a person who has a built-in conscious to do good unto others. In fact, as it is said, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Now, as far as these roads that we are walking on in this life. Just because you made the choice to walk down a certain road, does not mean that the other person will make the same choice as you did. They may even take an entirely different route and avoid the many things that you had to deal with. Just because it happened to you does not mean that it has to happen to them.

How is it that someone is trying to fool someone when they are only trying to help them? That does not add up. In fact, it clearly shows me that you have experienced a lot of deceit in this life. Too many calls from telemarketers making you promises that they did not keep. LOL!

At this point, I have taken the time out to share this with you as an effort to try and understand you. I am still unclear of your motive here.

In fact, each and every path that has to be walked in this life varies from each other. Every person has to walk on their own road by themselves. No one can walk it for them. Now people are there along the path for a reason.

Either to help them or to detour them from their route to get to a certain destination. Please tell me that you are not one of those persons who wishes to detour a person from their route in order to get to their destination. You are not this kind of person are you Terry?

Truly, it is a JOY when I am able to help others. I find no fault in this type of man for doing this. Ego, pride or self-serving has nothing to do with this. IT IS ALL ABOUT HELPING OTHERS.

Again, I am doing my BEST to try to understand you. How can someone possibly be preying off of someonelse's misery when the very thing that they are doing is trying to HELP them..and to ENCOURAGE them? I don't get it. That does not make any sense at all Terry.

So why don't we get together and have a nice fresh cup of Hot Chocolate and talk it over? LOL!

Also, Eldon DID NOT say that it was OK for others to engage in such a manner this weekend as you have stated. In fact, these are your words and not mine. So please, leave me out of other peoples sex lives. That is their choice and I do not have anything to do with their opinion or choice for that. Why would you make a statement such as that? It does not make sense to me. It sounds like a lure or undermining of some kind. I am not in that and I did not say that.

It would be nice if there was a Cure found for all of us. That would be a good thing.

P.S. --- As far as your opinion on the copy paste perception, that is a compliment to me. In fact, it shows me that it truly paid off for my boss back in the early 90's to redmark my word processed documents in order to get them to be a clear, concise, complete, and correct. It shows here. Thanks for the compliment.

Happy Holidays!

Look out for that raindeer Terry...you do not want to be like Grandma! LOL! 

Thanks A Million Corey!

Also, if you do not like me Terry, then WHY are you making comments in my thread? WHY? That does not make any sense to me as well. It does not add up here.

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2006, 01:10:21 am »
"A fact: The brain cannot distinguish between a real happening and an imagined happening."

Media effects research may actually support this (in other words when you are watching a horror movie, which you know is not "real" you have an elevated heart rate, etc., the media effects your psycho-physiology, also think about how you react physiologically to content in your dreams.)

Drew

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.