Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 06:14:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 182
Total: 184

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: OMG, What I found myself into??? risk assessmsent and symptoms .. worried  (Read 5498 times)

Offline positive_life

• Standard
I have had conscious prostate massage at parlor and was unconscious until few weeks ago that I had very bad exposure getting STD.

In the  middle of March (around March 11), I went to parlor and lady offered me a prostate massage after a regular massage which i foolishly accepted it as in general you are so relaxed, etc.. and at that point you don't think much from any other prospective. I didn't even care to see if she was clean or nor, weather she had gloves on or not, weather she had cut ot not...However, I believe she had plastic (I don't think it was latex) gloves on and she was applying some sort of lotion on those gloves. I was are the receiving end and we had an encounter for about 10 minutes... It was total penetration of her two finger in my anus.. I wasn't able to see the whole scenario and I'm just trying to recollect all these to gether ...

Fast forward on May 1st, I saw cold sore on my lips with tingeling effect, and my lips were totally dry and had tight sensations with some discoloration.

May 2nd, I have had diarrhea for one day. Becasue I started jucing on May 1st to eat healty etc , I thought that these are due to the ingridients that we uses in healty juices...

May 5th or 6th, wife had so many pimples on her face and we started talking and searching on net to see what could cause these , etc..

And it lighten me up that I may have had put myself and herself in trouble, however, I didn't had sex with her in two months so it was a reliefe sign.....

The story starts now, From May 5th and 6th forward, I saw following ARV (seroconversion) symptoms and feel like that I'll be one more +ve number on this earth.

Between May 5 to 24 or so in sequence....

> Night sweat for 2 consistent weeks. During this time i was constantly feeling dehydration (dry mouth excessive thirst) as in general i don't drink much water but during those week i drank about 6-7 32. oz water during day...but these symptoms are almost similar to someone with hiv conversion symptoms.. also would go to bad promplty but after 1 1/2 hour wake up to see that clothes are wet but no need to change it, then again 1 hr. later go to sleep and waking up after 1 1/2 hour with same situation... from last two weeks i only had an average of 3 hr. sleep per night.

> tight pain on my two legs specially below the knee area.

> I have had hot flashes during day for some time. those came and gone type of symptoms. Burning skin sensations, left side of Rib or rib cage tightness

> My entier body skin was burning and was getting pin and needle type of feeling, complete body burning. Because of this I have had several red dots (like someone put needle on my body to puncture) on my skin on my face and upper body.

> I have had so much pain underneath of my armpits and i felt that it was a sign of ARV. constantly checkin lymph node go see if those are swolloing...

> Recently my body feels like i have low blood in my body and i'm taking iron supplements from last two day

> Tiredness all over the boday and fatigue .. On one particulare day, i almost felt sleep in my meeting with my boss.

> My food intake has been consciousy increase even though with the loss of appetite just so that i can maintain my weignt. but my face skin is loosing mass it seems.

> i have had blood taken on May 9th (most likley with 3 weeks) for 4th gen and it came back negative but I feel that it could be very false positive as i was getting all these symptoms during that time and when you are in window period (seroconversion) this could be false negative as I'm having hiv like symptoms even now.

---- I'm in my late 30s and not sure hot how long I can live normal , productive and happy life with less financial burden......can't afford the mistake.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Hi

We don't discuss symptoms here and nothing you mentioned is related to HIV. Speak to a doctor to find out what is making you sick.

Your concern to sum it up was a finger in the anus, or two even in this case.
This was simply not a risk and you need to move on.  Continue to practice safer sex, use condoms and test at least yearly for all STI's including HIV.

Remember that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's. So please do get fully tested regularly for all STI's including HIV and more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs. Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.

As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 07:10:53 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline positive_life

• Standard
Thanks for prompt reply and caring words. The thing is i go to clothing optional resort, swingers party ( no sex nor any activities) ...and also went to massage parlor few times for body rub....so even though i dont get involved in sex, this exposure was intense as i described with two fingers for about 10 mins...and seeing symptoms not only like mind or anxiety related but physical symptoms too....

I'm still having skin burning throuout the night even after 3 weeks....eathung 3 times nutritional food but no bowl movement.....

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
Hi ,
HIV is sexually transmitted through unprotected anal and vaginal intercourse...period  What you have described , no matter have intense or how long it lasted was not risk.

Best, Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline positive_life

• Standard
Hi,

I'll try to obey forum rules from now on. The thing is i might be the peson who may have tried to get converted to gay as i bought few toys that may have had damaged my anus/prostate and my fear is that due to possibly that fact along with encounter with unknown status person, i may have acquired this.2-3 week teat was negative but cant seem to keep my head and body straight....

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
HI,
It doesn't matter if they were gay or straight , what you did was not risk for HIV.
The virus is not transmitted by sex toys or fingers.
If these are your only concerns you will continue to test negative
and it is safe to move on.

Best, Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
He,

I agree with Wade, HIV can affect anyone regardless of Class, Wealth, Social standing, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, gender or age. HIV is simply a virus and doesn't care about such matters. I don't care about such matters either.

The thing is i might be the peson who may have tried to get converted to gay

Also sticking a finger in your bum is not a HIV risk and it does not "convert" you to being gay.  You are simply gay or not you can't be converted.  I don't care what you think or believe simply grow-up.

I removed your post from the HIV forum now If you post outside this thread again or make any comments about converting again you will be banned permanently . You have been warned.

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 01:02:37 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
You were warned in the thread and also by official warning on your account yet you posted outside the thread again.

As promised you are now banned. Goodbye.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Rpat

• Standard
LTS
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 09:35:32 pm »
Hello,

Do we have any recorded longest Term Survivor on history of human kind ? Just curious to see how the medical era has come along to treat people on this issue ?

I heard encouraging news that Bill Gates predicted that we may have hiv vaccine by 2030 ? My wish & hope that he's right with his prediction .....

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
Re: LTS
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 05:47:41 am »
Welcome, so I moved your post to this section as the section you had posted in is only for people living with HIV.  If you had a risk or a question you can post in here in this thread, the rest of the forum is off limits

Please Note.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Rpat

• Standard
Risk assessment
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2016, 06:39:25 am »
Community,

I'm a person who in the past year or so explored two different lifestyle 1) nudist and 2) swingers (no sex involved at all).. so I went to different places but never had any encounter with anyone. In last year or so I went through series of mental issues due to several other factors including lack of intimate relationship.

I started going to places for body rub places, etc... In past few years I have had few protected encounter. However, In early April I received deep unprotected prostate massage with the female of unknown status. In addition to that during that time my legs had open wounds from scratch and itch and I think it wasn't healed properly and I think it was open for infection. I massaged her body too and may have kissed her body and vagina fully unprotected.

2-3 weeks from that incident, I saw severe following symptoms which I now think that have been stopped from last 1-2 days.

1) night sweat for 1-2 week, whole body was wet but didn't actually needed to change cloths. I was totally dehydrated as well during those days where I had to mostly keep my self under water (drinking water constantly)
2) I have seen on my face few rashes that comes up like filled dots and then dried it out in next day or so leaving dark mark.
3) code sore on both side of lips, tight and tingling sensation
4) hot flashes where certain part of my body were turning red suddenly. at one night when I woke up and opened my mouth there were so many white thrush (big) type of dot at the back of my mouth..for two days I have had pain in the back of my tongue when I tried to clean my tongue with tongue cleaner...
5) 2 time unexplained diarrhea
6) throbbing pain under the left armpit and too much pain on the left side of chest
7) loss of appetite for 2 weeks where I tried to eat to keep my self alive.
8) I have seen symptoms of anemia as well where anywhere on my body when you run, it leaves red mark that stays there for some time ...

Friends advised me that it could be anxiety, etc.. but how can so many physical symptoms be related to anxiety and suddenly go away ? I read it at during ARS these shows up suddenly and goes away ...

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2016, 06:55:38 am »
Hi

To sum it up you had protected intercourse and anal fingering/play.
Nothing you mentioned was a risk and your symptoms are not HIV related and we don not discuss symptoms here. 

HIV does not survive outside the human body (such as on surfaces), and it cannot reproduce outside a human host. You can't get HIV from simply being scratched, coughing, or sneezing, HIV also isn’t transmitted by hugging, shaking hands, holding hand, sharing toilets, sharing dishes, kissing or through saliva, tears, or sweat.

Continue to practice safer sex, use condoms and test at least yearly for all STI's including HIV.

Remember that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's. So please do get fully tested regularly for all STI's including HIV and more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs. Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Rpat

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2016, 02:37:36 pm »
Thanks Jim and I hope your words become true. All those symptoms has been reduced drastically and I feel like all those symptoms were there for two weeks which actually matches with window period symptoms.

Overall, I feel like I'm not me. From last 2-3 days, I'm getting headaches, tiredness, 24/7 ringing type of noise in my ears, my stool sticks to toilet bowl when I flush it (it wasn't like that before ever).....I used to walk 20k steps per day and getting tired at 3k now.....and from few days it feel like i'm becoming anemic.....:-(

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2016, 02:47:13 pm »
Nothing you mentioned was a risk for HIV.
So if you not feeling well speak to your Doctor to find out what is making you ill.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Rpat

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2016, 02:54:46 pm »
Thanks Jim , Again. I have had elisa 4th gen non-reactive. I think I was in window period and I think it was done at less then 2-3 weeks. If now (at 6 weeks). if I can get rapid blood test done which checks hiv itself in blood, would that be almost conclusive ?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2016, 03:00:42 pm »
The window period we give is 13 weeks for either test.

Biologically, four conditions need to be present for transmission to occur: The virus must be present in an infectious body fluid from the HIV positive person, it must be present at sufficient levels to cause infection. There must be an effective route of transmission, and it must reach susceptible cells in another person.
You did not meet any of the 4 biological conditions needed.

So you don't need to test for this as you had no risk, move on continue to practice safer sex and test at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV.  Remember that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's

Jim

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Rpat

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 07:27:23 pm »
It has been a long and hell of the month specially knowing that the other person tested positive and could be in ARS/conversion period during the time with me. It's also been around 2 months from possible exposure even though it was considered very low or no risk at all.

To the date, I've  (along with all the symptoms that I already experienced during ARS):

1) Lost all of my body muscle mass and I can clearly see my veins from palms of my hand, etc.
2) I do have about 2 inch of swollen glands underneath of my both of my armpits. I get throbbing pain sometimes.
3) I do also got swollen lymph noted behind my left ear with the size of 2 inch and you can clearly see discoloration. get throbbing pain sometimes
4) bruise easily all over my body in 2 mins of idle seating
5) tinnitus on one ear.
6) not much stool even after eating 3 times the food I used to

and the worst thing is i don't get easy appointments of any ID in quick times. I'm just learning that this disease is slow progressing yet highly painful for us.

Learning that ARS and seroconversion are totally different things. I was hoping that when I had those symptoms my body would have created enough antibodies to get it picked up...

I had -ve 4th gen at 6 week but recent RNA PCR is pending. I'm hoping that it comes out negative. I'm hoping that it's aI have seen people's post that initially they tested negative and by 12th week they just tested positive .....

so the questions that I have are
1) Has anyone tested negative at 4 week and then tested positive at 12 week ? Or do they not post anything after 4 week ?
2) What are these symptoms (I know we don't discuss symptoms here) then?
3) What tests could I ask my GP to get it done on me if this is not HIV ?
4) Is it possible that as virus has entered through my anus in very very very limited quantity and that's why it's taking time to show up in blood (which only accounts for 5% of place for hiv?)
5) Do they really have ANONYMOUS TESTING (not confidential) testing anywhere as I'm very scared to get it tested now ?
6) Are these signs of late seroconversion ?

Please understand my situation and help.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 01:46:53 am »
Hi

I have already given you the window period is 13 weeks for either test.
It would be rare for a 6 weeks test to turn positive at 13 weeks.

If you are positive it is simple you did something other than you mentioned here as what you posted here is simply biologically not a risk.  As for your symptoms could be anything but its not HIV go speak to your GP and treat whatever is making you sick.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Rpat

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2016, 04:22:04 pm »
TY Jim for your reply. I'm 110% sure that the only exposure that I had was that she offered prostate msg and I foolishly accepted it. I think there could be cuts, etc on the finger and it was unprotected for about 5-10 minutes....she may have touched her pre-cum,vagina, etc.. prior to giving me all these...

Is it true that ARS and seroconversion are two different things ? Is it also true that seroconversion could happen at any time other then ARS time... I believe that I've gone through ARS symptoms and from last day or so I'm getting swollen lymph node, etc..... Please correct me on what I think that's going on right now..I do believe that now the hiv RNA is going to get bumped up to highest level and then come back down to baseline level... I've started seeing symptoms with my body and I feel I may have to soon go to ER in two days or so....

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2016, 04:41:48 pm »
Hi

she may have touched her pre-cum,vagina, etc.. prior to giving me all these...

This was not a risk, HIV is not is not transmitted this way, So far nothing you have posted here was a risk at all. You need to move past this.

As for your symptoms could be anything but its not HIV go speak to your Doctor and treat whatever is making you sick.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Rpat

• Standard
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2016, 06:04:02 pm »
TY Jim,

Somehow, I can not get past this as the person was positive and no longer works there. That adds up to this as well.

I think most people who seroconverted have seen symptoms in 2-4 weeks which are chronic and those goes away and some doesn't have any symptoms at all. I have started experiencing those in 2-4 week time frame but damage to my body was extensive.

I do have few questions if you can help me with.

1) AT 57 day - Would PCR RNA detection helpful ? As I got PCR RNA sensitive to <47 copies which came back negative and at the same time I had CMIA (I think 3rd gen AB) test done and it was negative....could it be possible that it is there but because of <47 it did not came back? I wanted to understand one thing..during ars , VL is high and it comes back down ? Does it come back down at UD level ?

Let's just assume (please) that it was high risk situation which I think it was but the way I explaining is may not be right...Are these results good ?...

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2016, 06:16:27 pm »
Hi

For risk assessments we always presume the other person is living with HIV
It remains that this was not a risk, HIV is not is not transmitted this way,

The window period we give is 13 weeks for either test if you had a risk but you had none. As for the PCR RNA test it is not used for routine testing for a number of reasons. If you want to test for peace of mind to help you move on by all means do so, test and move on. 

If you are positive it is simple you did something other than you mentioned here as what you posted here is simply biologically not a risk.  As for your symptoms could be anything but its not HIV go speak to your GP and treat whatever is making you sick.

Biologically, four conditions need to be present for transmission to occur: The virus must be present in an infectious body fluid from the HIV positive person, it must be present at sufficient levels to cause infection. There must be an effective route of transmission, and it must reach susceptible cells in another person.
You did not meet any of the 4 biological conditions needed.

So you don't need to test for this as you had no risk, move on continue to practice safer sex and test at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV.  Remember that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's

Look at this stage we have answered the window time, the testing, the risk.
You simply had no risk from this incident and we have provided you with the steps to remain safe, so at this stage simply please do not post or ask about this no risk situation again, I say this from a point of kindness as you just need to move on now and stop focusing/stressing about HIV.

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
Hi

This time round you have been permanently banned and will not be returning.
Posting outside of your own thread and for creating multiple accounts.

All in all this part is simply, you had no risk. Move on stop dreaming up "what ifs" and if you can't move past your fears speak to someone face to face to hep you move past them. 

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.