Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:57:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 388
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 360
Total: 360

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Belief -- Has anyone heard from Belief?  (Read 5531 times)

Offline emeraldize

Belief -- Has anyone heard from Belief?
« on: July 29, 2007, 10:53:39 pm »
Belief
If you're still checking in, or lurking, could you give us a  sign?
Thanks
Em

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Re: Belief -- Has anyone heard from Belief?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 03:05:02 am »
I haven't heard from her, I hope all is well....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline belief

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 11:10:32 pm »
hi em and everyone,

i'm here...it's been awhile since i've been able to get online as my son and i moved and didn't have service.  but i'm back in business. 

like i said, my son and i just moved...last week to be exact (for the second time in 4 weeks, but we're good now).  we're doing ok but the emotional stress has been so hard.  my son misses his dad so much and is really struggling with all of the changes he's had to face at such a young age.  i'm really trying so hard to be the best mother to him and do all of the right things but doing this alone and trying to accept being positive all at the same time just sucks.  i've worn myself out this week in trying to get organized in our new house, travel for work, be a mom, attempt to stay healthy, etc., i just need to find a way to chill out and relax.

i've been positive since april (when i was diagnosed) and i still find that i'm always tired and when i'm tired i get a terrible sore throat - is this normal?  also...i'm dealing with a cold sore and a yeast infection - is this normal so early into being positive?  it's such a drag and a constant reminder...
5/07 - viral load: 28,890  CD4: 514 
8/07 - viral load: 38,710  CD4: 451
9/07 - viral load: 47,000  CD4: 467
11/07 - viral load: 17,600 CD4: 421

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 09:25:18 am »
Hi Belief,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having such a difficult time recently and I hope things start to settle down for you soon.

The tiredness could be caused by many things, including - but not only - hiv. Depression, for example, can cause you to feel tired, so can being anemic - there are many possibilities. Please speak to your doctor about this so it can be investigated further.

Cold sores (herpes) are notorious for popping up when you're stressed and run down and to a certain extent yeast can get out of control for the same reason. Please see your doctor about the yeast infection so you can get medication for it. Yeast infections in people with hiv need to be treated more aggressively than in people without hiv.

If you're having a lot of cold sore outbreaks, you can also talk to your doctor about medications for that. Here are two Lessons you may find helpful:  Thrush and Herpes

You'll want to speak to your doctor about the sore throats as well. My hiv negative daughter always gets a sore throat whenever she's the least bit run down. We've had it investigated but there has never been an obvious cause. Hope you have better luck on that score.

You may find it helpful to write the questions you have for your doctor down in a little notebook. It's so easy to forget things once you're in the office, especially when you're stressed anyway. It also helps to write down what the answers were - I can't tell you how many times I neglected to do that and promptly forgot what I'd just been told. Most annoying!

Hang in there hun and don't forget to take time out for yourself. Moving is one of the most stressful things we can do, so give yourself some extra pampering and rest time. I recently moved too and in the end, I had to stop telling myself that everything had to be perfect and in place ASAP - take care of the important stuff and leave the "extras" for when you're feeling more energetic. It doesn't all have to be done at once, take it easy.

And I know, it's easy for me to say "take it easy" when you've got a young child to look after, but you need to look after yourself too and that includes getting plenty of rest. Let the time after his bedtime be "ME" time - don't be tempted to use it to get more done around the house.

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 10:39:21 am »
Hello Belief

I'm glad Ann found your post first. She's always got solid information to share and, being a mom, she can come from that view for you.

It was a relief to see the post rise up on the thread list today. As I read, I recalled how much I hate moving and what it stirs up inside. It's on the top ten list of stress makers for a good reason.

I'll second Ann's advice about carving out time for you whether to read, walk, soak in a tub, visit the forum, see a movie, etc. or all of those types of things. A spiritual group I know of has as one of its basic tenets...Take Care of Yourself so that You Can Take Care of Others. Seems to fit for your life these days.

Glad you're plugged in again lady.

Em

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 02:46:36 pm »
Hey Belief:
  Glad you're back!  I was wondering......

Sorry you're having to deal with cold sores, yeast, and a soar throat.  All those things happen when we get stressed out.  I, like Ann, hope you see your doctor soon to get things clearing.

I also suggest doing something for just you.  When that happens for me, I usually sleep a little extra.  Sounds like you need some refreshing. 

Anyway, good to hear from you.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.