Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:34:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 331
Total: 333

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Which SF was better?  (Read 13476 times)

Offline Boze

Which SF was better?
« on: June 18, 2010, 04:54:34 pm »
Inch asked that we keep the SF talk off the totally important thread dealing with an insane heiress and her Polish cleaner.

So - who partied at either/both SF and which did you like more?

I only went to the West 27th location a few times where I had a good time in late 90s. Then again I didn't require much - good music, some e and nice friends.
==========
Aug08 - Seroconversion
Mar10 - Diagnosis; cd4 690 - VL 19,000
Apr10 - cd4 600
May10 - VL 4,500
Jun10 - started Atripla ; VL 113
Jul 10 - UD vl, CD4 590
Aug 10 - UD, CD4 810, 52%
Nov 10 - UD, CD4 980

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Which SF was better?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 04:55:57 pm »
Inch asked that we keep the SF talk off the totally important thread dealing with an insane heiress and her Polish cleaner.

I only went to the West 27th location a few times where I had a good time in late 90s. Then again I didn't require much - good music, some e and nice friends.

It's very nice of you to humour Inchling this way. :)

MtD

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 05:05:56 pm »

Uh-oh, no she didn't!

SF, E-consumption, knowledge of what teh queers do behind them bushes at night... Are you sure you is skrait, bo'z?
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 05:09:06 pm »
You gotta love someone arguing which is better that only went to one of them (not to mention not even being a resident of NYC, though I'm sure he'll now magically make a claim to have lived there).  Gives new meaning to the word "Bozo".

I won't even bother inquiring about the difference between (the original) Sound Factory on W. 27th and Sound Factory Bar on W. 21st.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 05:19:41 pm by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 05:16:37 pm »
Turn of the century San Francisco, with the mystery of Chinatown, a dark woody mansion on Nob Hill, Caruso at the Opera and the great palace hotels. 

1967 Summer of Love.

Then the mid 70's Gay lib, Castro.

Oh, shit, you meant Sound Factory. oh
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline john33

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 05:31:42 pm »

Sorry to hijack the thread,
but Boze is it really necessary to put everyone down?

John

Offline mecch

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 05:33:52 pm »
Jacob's pillow Denishawn era
Acapulco 1950s
Cortina 1960's
Carpenter pants with a fur-lined down parka 1978
Chez Panisse 1978
Nell's 1986
don't you get it? peak experience.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline john33

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 05:38:48 pm »

Christ!!!!!!I'd forgotten they existed

john

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 05:39:33 pm »
Which version of the Sirio Maccioni's Le Cirque is better?  The original at the Mayfair Hotel, the second at the Palace Hotel, or the one at Bloomberg Tower?  Dear dear, I only ever had lunch at the Mayfair location, but at least that was when Daniel Boulud was the chef so I could later compare when he opened up Daniel, though I didn't go until the 2nd Daniel which just so happened to located where the first Le Cirque was.  OMG IT'S LIKE A CIRCLE.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 05:42:29 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 05:42:37 pm »
Jacob's pillow Denishawn era
Acapulco 1950s
Cortina 1960's
Chez Panisse 1978
Nell's 1986
don't you get it? peak experience.

Meechie, how old are you? Like 80?
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline john33

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 05:44:19 pm »
i imagine he's around the same age as me (23 again) i can just a about remember the 60's Cortina ( my stepfather had one for years) and those fur-lined parkers

John

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 05:44:33 pm »
lol... but doesn't she claim to still score cock at the bath house in Geneva?

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 06:17:58 pm »
lol... but doesn't she claim to still score cock at the bath house in Geneva?

Girl, Ms. P.....Hush your mouth.... :o....You know I got virgin ears, um, I mean eyes....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 07:08:31 pm »
Meechie, how old are you? Like 80?

;D

Offline mecch

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 08:39:32 pm »
i imagine he's around the same age as me (23 again) i can just a about remember the 60's Cortina ( my stepfather had one for years) and those fur-lined parkers

John

The Italian ski resort!  :o

Offline mecch

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 08:45:45 pm »
I'm not 80 more about half that. So no Acapulco or Cortina when they were cool.
I haven't been to the bathhouse in Geneva in 10 years (and then I saw R. Everett cruising!)
Bathhouses in Geneva are pretty lame.  Lausanne Bern Zurich and Solothurn have nice ones. I stopped going a couple of years before my sero-coversion anyway.

The list is just established opinion among trendies.  When is someone/someplace/something at its peak?
Yeah Id say the first CirQUE
Geez I've been away from NY so long didnt know there was a bloomberg tower let alone a 3rd CirQUE!

UH OH BRAIN FOG CANT EVEN SPELL CIRQUE/CIRCLE  ???
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 09:12:45 pm by mecch »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 08:57:42 pm »
I'm not 80 more about half that.

You're not under 40.

My ex-partner fucked Rupert up the ass once and said he had the most disgusting un-douched bunghole he'd ever seen.

Offline mecch

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 09:05:36 pm »
Oh, by the by, I can't answer the question about Sound Factory because my crowd boycotted that place. We caught the end of Paradise Garage. Then if we wanted after hours in the East Village we went to Save the Robots.
There was an East Village, small club & dive -- versus -- big club West Village and Chelsea rift.  

If we felt like being really chic we would go high and low. Maybe start at Palladium but split to go to Small's Paradise in Harlem.  That sort of thing.
I liked Rudolf's clubs - Danceteria, Palladium.  We tried to like Mars but ended back at the East village dives. Sound Factory was a different crowd - and none of us liked Gatien's clubs and nor anything too slick, faggy, housey, or druggy.

Offline mecch

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 09:09:37 pm »

My ex-partner fucked Rupert up the ass once and said he had the most disgusting un-douched bunghole he'd ever seen.

Eh thanks for sharing but that fits the english rentboy mystique dont you think.

Offline mecch

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 09:13:53 pm »
Must have got le cirque confused with the 9th Circle!  That place was a trick trip.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 09:15:57 pm »
Sound Factory was a different crowd

At the beginning ('89) it was people who had gone to the Garage and was quite majority non-white.  The crowd morphed in terms of race and sexuality at various times over the span of the six years it was open.

If you went to Boy Bar and Pyramid regularly inevitably you saw me there.  I just hope I threw you legendary shade and didn't fuck you.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 09:16:15 pm »
Must have got le cirque confused with the 9th Circle!  That place was a trick trip.

There's a Ninth Circle in New Orleans it's the Coke bar.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 09:17:55 pm »
There's a Ninth Circle in New Orleans it's the Coke bar.

Ninth Circle in Manhattan was where the boys went when they were short on their Con Edison bill but were too busted looking to command a higher fee at Rounds.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2010, 09:20:57 pm »
If I can distract you elderly cum latrines from your reminiscences of faggy days of yore, the Sound Factory referred to by the OP is/was some sort of sodomite dancing hall, yes?

MtD

Offline mecch

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 09:21:20 pm »
Ah, in new york it was the sleazier of the two "classy" hustler bars.  Before internet, kiddies

edit: thanks Miss P, you beat me to it.  Though I knew a very handsome tall dark Yale WASP who turned tricks at 9th C as a sort of slumming (hairshirt) fetish. 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 09:24:59 pm by mecch »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2010, 09:26:09 pm »
At the beginning ('89) it was people who had gone to the Garage and was quite majority non-white.  The crowd morphed in terms of race and sexuality at various times over the span of the six years it was open.

If you went to Boy Bar and Pyramid regularly inevitably you saw me there.  I just hope I threw you legendary shade and didn't fuck you.

Isn't that where ordinary people went to ogle extraordinary people?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2010, 09:27:28 pm »
If I can distract you elderly cum latrines from your reminiscences of faggy days of yore, the Sound Factory referred to by the OP is/was some sort of sodomite dancing hall, yes?

MtD

The original one was -- gay after hours drug den par excellence.  The second version was after the first once was closed and the two owners split, with one taking rights to the name of the club.  The second one was primarily straight, and very bridge-and-tunnel crowd of undesirable, unchic attendees.  Pacha-NYC now occupies the space of the second Factory space and Miss P was just there last month after seeing after her PCP-ridden best friend in the hospital.  And yes, I was VIP'd at the door!

Offline mecch

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2010, 09:30:13 pm »
I picked up a strung out classy frog at Boy Bar and thats how many years later I ended up in Switzerland.
The guy I liked the most was a sweet tall skinny dominican.  Generally we were all good girls and dated rather than look for bar pick ups. We had a rule to leave all those dives at least 45 minutes before closing. From 1 hour before closing, the cruising got desperate and we lived in the slope mostly anyway, and worked.  Thursdays and Sundays were boys night out and it was quite decadent because we all worked.  

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2010, 09:34:34 pm »
The original one was -- gay after hours drug den par excellence.  The second version was after the first once was closed and the two owners split, with one taking rights to the name of the club.  The second one was primarily straight, and very bridge-and-tunnel crowd of undesirable, unchic attendees.  Pacha-NYC now occupies the space of the second Factory space and Miss P was just there last month after seeing after her PCP-ridden best friend in the hospital.  And yes, I was VIP'd at the door!

Well, PCP is a hell of a drug.

So the second version of SF is the one to which the OP refers?

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2010, 09:36:07 pm »
Well, PCP is a hell of a drug.

So the second version of SF is the one to which the OP refers?

MtD

Yes girl, it's what began the whole discussion in the other thread in the first place.  Are you on PCP?

Speaking of that nasty drug, I was given at (the original) Sound Factory laced in a joint and not told by the queen who gave it to me, and I totally freaked out so bad my friends almost took me home.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2010, 09:37:38 pm »

The guy I liked the most was a sweet tall skinny dominican.  Generally we were all good girls and dated rather than look for bar pick ups. We had a rule to leave all those dives at least 45 minutes before closing. From 1 hour before closing, the cruising got desperate and we lived in the slope mostly anyway, and worked.  Thursdays and Sundays were boys night out and it was quite decadent because we all worked.  

Did you snort large amounts of coke with DJ Keoki in the bathroom stalls at Boy Bar before heading over to Robots with him?  I did.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2010, 09:38:31 pm »
Yes girl, it's what began the whole discussion in the other thread in the first place.  Are you on PCP?

Speaking of that nasty drug, I was given at (the original) Sound Factory laced in a joint and not told by the queen who gave it to me, and I totally freaked out so bad my friends almost took me home.

Almost. Good girl.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 09:38:41 pm »

Alas no. Though I suspect you foreign shirt-lifters would make a whole lot more sense if I was.

MtD

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010, 09:43:49 pm »
Did you snort large amounts of coke with DJ Keoki in the bathroom stalls at Boy Bar before heading over to Robots with him?  I did.

She seems more like an Uncle Charlies type of queen

Offline mecch

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2010, 09:44:47 pm »
A subset of my friends, in fact a few from high school, they were going to Sound Factory and it was such a drug ritual. I tried and it wasn't for me and that was pity cause I liked the music.
The boys were all doing their squirlly little dances so gay gay gay.

My scene was more the proto-metrosexuals and the glammy gays, drags, lesbians etc. It came up from Punk and New Wave and there was always a punk or rock under-vibe to East Village even in years it was basically disco/house, and then it chilled out in the late 80s early 90's. To resurface at Rock N Roll Fag Bar.  

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2010, 09:46:41 pm »
She seems more like an Uncle Charlies type of queen

Oh, that's hitting low.

During my saquinavir diarrhea days in '96 I used the upstairs men's room stalls a lot as they were the cleanest bathrooms in the West Village bars, but I'd have to run through the crowds of D-listers to do so.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2010, 09:49:05 pm »
A subset of my friends, in fact a few from high school, they were going to Sound Factory and it was such a drug ritual. I tried and it wasn't for me and that was pity cause I liked the music.
The boys were all doing their squirlly little dances so gay gay gay.

Were people force-feeding vials of ketamine down your throat sugar?  I know how hateful that can be.

Care to explain a gay squirly dance for the rest of us?  I'm sure it will entertain me for a good hour tonight.  Is it anything like getting a swirly in the locker room?

Offline mecch

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2010, 09:49:28 pm »

No I was hyper "pure" a few of those years - no drinking drugs smoking and a vegan and disciple of David Life!!!  Skinny, smooth, pretty, airy - even tried to abandon snark.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2010, 09:50:44 pm »
No I was hyper "pure" a few of those years - no drinking drugs smoking and a vegan and disciple of David Life!!!  Skinny, smooth, pretty, airy - even tried to abandon snark.

A vegan? Now much is explained.

MtD

Offline mecch

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2010, 09:51:54 pm »
Oh come on you remember that house music squirly dance that suddenly everyone did in their own little Betty Ford way, all variants on the exact same smoothy moves.  

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2010, 09:54:24 pm »
Oh come on you remember that house music squirly dance that suddenly everyone did in their own little Betty Ford way, all variants on the exact same smoothy moves.  

Philicia is lucky if she can remember where she lives.

MtD

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2010, 09:57:28 pm »
Philicia is lucky if she can remember where she lives.

MtD

Luckily the attendants at the nursing home are more than willing to assist her in finding her way.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2010, 09:58:34 pm »
For the uninitiated in this thread, the original Sound Factory (aside from being a cavernous warehouse housing an after hours gay drug den) was the preeminent place for house music from 1989-1995 in NYC.  It was where every other NYC DJ went to hear what was played, and had by far the best analogue sound system at the time in the US if not the world.  People would even fly over from London to go there.  All of the remixers at the time would bring acetates of their work to be played often six months or more before it was ever released to the general public.  Both Frankie Knuckles and Junior Vasquez were at times the resident DJ.

If you'd like to see pictures of the club click here

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2010, 10:01:41 pm »
Q: "airy" ?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2010, 10:03:11 pm »
Luckily the attendants at the nursing home are more than willing to assist her in finding her way.

::) Get your own material. I'm a one man show.

MtD

Offline mecch

« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2010, 10:09:46 pm »
With a pit stop for the rockabilly strut in about 1980, the last great white gay disco dance style was the Fan Dancer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIit5Nw2dKM

Look at this hottie!!!

Banji boys could vogue. White boys just did their squirly dance, which was cool enough until it turned into that awful shirtless circuit party thing.  From there its a quick slippery slide to the Situations Fist Pumping.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2010, 10:13:07 pm »
Like I said, you're not under the age of 40.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2010, 10:43:33 pm »
Q: "airy" ?

Take your pick Miss P.. ;)
1. Of, relating to, or having the constitution of air.
2. High in the air; lofty.
3. Open to the air: airy chambers.
4. Performed in the air; aerial.
5. Immaterial; illusory: an airy apparition.
6. Speculative, impractical, or vacuous: airy theories about socioeconomic improvement.
7. Light or delicate: an airy dress.
8. Haughty or affected: dismissed us with an airy wave of the hand.
9. Light-hearted; merry: an airy mood.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2010, 11:14:48 pm »
Like I said, you're not under the age of 40.

I insist, she is our own governess... to be kind I'm gonna say 76.

Offline mecch

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2010, 07:10:32 am »
"Airy Fairies" guys - did you miss that trend too??

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.