Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:42:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 198
Total: 198

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: hand job variation question...  (Read 32962 times)

Offline Rocksteady

Re: follow-up...
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2007, 12:43:39 am »
A question for the pros: Is a 6 week test a fair indicator? I had mentioned some exposure with a young lady(unknown status) placing her mouth on my testcicles(no other contact except her hand on my shaft.) My local hotline said "low risk" and reccomended testing. 13 week test is still 2 weeks out. 6 week negative. Thanx for answeing this question.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2007, 03:37:20 am »
Given that most people will are going to test positive will do so by 6 weeks, we can say that 6 weeks is a fair indicator.

But there's more.

In your case a 6 week test will be a rock solid indicator because you didn't have a risk in the first place. Are you with me here, kid?

Whatever is driving your fear about HIV, it's not something we can help you with. You need to seek the assistance of a mental health professional.

MtD

Offline Rocksteady

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2007, 03:35:43 pm »
Good day. A question for the pro's: I recieved a neg hiv test 5 months condom slippage and 3 months for oral exposure(girl sucking scrotum.) I've recently come down with low grade temp,nasal congetion,pain in ears,sore throat for 3-4 days. Is there a latent conversion? Pardon my question if it's stupid however; it was the first thing I thought about and have found myself to be obsessing. Thanx for your answer.              Rockman

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2007, 03:43:32 pm »
You have a conclusive negative on top of you didn't have a risk and you find it necessary to come back and ask an irrelevant question about HIV.  By now you know you should seek help with a mental heath professional to see why you continue to have "HIV Phobia." You are out of the scope of help that you can be provided from this forum.

Offline Rocksteady

Re: follow-up...(second opinion please Ann!)
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2007, 04:48:53 pm »
I mean no disrespect. Could I have a second opinion? The incident in question is mouth to scrotum contact. I had a possible diagnosis of herpes years ago by doc but nothing definitive. I had no visible cuts,open sores,wounds on my balls at the time in question. I don't know her status(paid pro.) 13 week test is negative. Still with anxiety. I saw my doc today and was given ativan and he said take it easy. Thanx for answering my question. I appreciate it.  Rockman

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2007, 06:34:53 pm »
Getting your dick or your balls sucked either gently or roughly doesn't matter. Neither of those activities are ones which put you at risk for HIV transmission.

You've been hanging around here long enough to know that so I have to wonder what's stopping you from "getting it" about what's risky and what isn't. It's all about unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse. Everything else is strictly theoretical.

Really.

You seem to have some ideas in your head about HIV that have no relevance in terms of HIV science.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Rocksteady

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2007, 08:21:28 pm »
Thanx Andy, yes I have been hangin out here for a while. I must admit that I know I have this "anxiety." I seem to obsess about the worst care scenarios even though they are perhaps not grounded in the real world. Thanx again for your service. I will work thru these issues and re-claim my health.

Offline Rocksteady

Re: follow-up...question
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2007, 05:07:25 pm »
Hi. I was teabagged. I have a history of herpes from years ago. I thought at the time of the teabag that the skin was intact(no ulcers,open sores.) Does simply having this history put me at a greater chance of getting hiv this way? Again I thought the skin was intact. It's been weeks/months prior to and after this incident that skin has had no break outs. I'm concerned about poss micro-ulcerations? Is this a real concern or not? Thank you. I've read having std's makes ti easier to get hiv. Is this teabag incident different?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2007, 05:10:29 pm »
No Rock, teabagging is absolutely not a risk for HIV transmission, herpes or otherwise.

MtD

Offline Rocksteady

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2007, 05:57:11 pm »
Good evening to the educated people who provide a valuable resource to the general public. I've been around for a while and asked my share of questions. I do have another I can't seem to find in the literature. While at a strip club I recieved a lap/couch dance. At some point the girl leaned into me and licked and sucked my neck. I had shaved earlier in the day. I had no cuts. However; I do get razer burn from sensitive skin. Does this compromise the integrity of my skin?(the first line of defense.) I would like to think that this would not put me at a risk. I'm thinking I would need a significant cut/wound in addition to blood from her mouth(saw nothing.) I'm just seeking your professional expertise and advice. Cheers and thanx for answering my question. Be well.    Rocksteady.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2007, 06:00:31 pm »
Rock,

Getting your neck sucked is not a risk for hiv transmission, razor burn or no razor burn. Saliva is not infectious. Even if her mouth was bleeding, you were not put at risk. No way, no how.

Make sure you are using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Rocksteady

Is testing indicated?
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2007, 11:09:31 am »
 :)Hello there. I have a question to the esteemed pro's from a friend of mine. He shaves all over all the time. He did recieve body licking sans genitals from a massage girl. No breaking of the skin. No hard sucking or bruising. No visible blood seen. 35 days later he comes down with headache,nasal congestion,sore throat,possible low grade temp ,fatigue and some minor sweats at night(not drenching sweats but a film or bead of sweat on chest and arms.) He's in a relationship. Is Hiv testing reccomended for him? I told him probably not(won't listen to me and he's driving me nuts!) Thank you.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2007, 02:12:01 pm »
I've merged your latest thread with your previous ones. Please keep all of your entries in this same thread. Thanks for your cooperation with our rules.

As far as your friend is concerned he could have been licked from head to toe by someone who's HIV+ and it wouldn't have put him at risk for HIV transmission. HIV is absolutely not transmitted in such a manner.

If his symptoms persist he should see his doctor. Whatever is going on has nothing to do with HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline Rocksteady

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2007, 07:01:41 pm »
I have a question for the esteemed pro's for who I have the deepest respect. I'm pretty sure of the answer I just need to double check with you guys. While recieving a handjob the girl briefly touched her vagina for 10 seconds(not the hand stimulating me.) She then placed her hand on my upper thigh/lower back. She never used this hand to stimulate me. The skin was/is intact.  I'm thinkin no risk here. Am I corrrect? Thanx and be well!

Offline Rocksteady

« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2007, 10:43:14 am »
I work in healthcare. The night of the Holiday party I wound up having vaginal sex with a nurse(RN BSN works in dialysis unit.) She lowered herself on me unprotected.I mentioned something about a condom.  She said she's only had one partner(her husband) and I had nothing to be concerned about. She claims not to have had sex for a year as her husband is in the Philipines. The sex lasted about 5 minutes and I foolishly went along until I climaxed. I'm really dissapointed in myself for putting myself at risk. What level of risk is this? I know I'll need a test in 13 weeks no matter what she said.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2007, 02:20:47 pm »
Rock,

You know the deal - test at three months.

However, don't expect to be allowed to use this site between then and now to tell us how you imagine every twinge you feel is seroconversion. You're most likely to test negative.

Stop playing roulette with your health and start using condoms.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Rocksteady

« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2007, 12:00:25 pm »
Thank you Ann! I won't be using this forum every time I get a headache,sniffle,cold,fever,bodyaches etc.etc. I've been around here for a while. I'm very hopeful that this can be my last lesson. God knows that I've made my share of mistakes along the way! I've done some immoral things(I'm a dog) but I'm not really a bad person(just trying to find my way.)

Offline Rocksteady

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2008, 05:36:55 am »
 :) Hi I have a question for the pro's. I stupidly put myself at risk by having unprotected vaginal sex with a co-worker(RN) who stated that she had nothing. My question is this. I've been experiencing this rash about a month out. It appears as hives and has raised itchy welts. It comes and goes all over my body.. It can last less than an hour and then vanish. It can stay as long as a few hours. No fever,aches,pains,sweats. No fatigue.Does this sound like ARS rash? I do have an appointment to see my doc. I will get testing at the right times. Thanx.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2008, 05:38:49 am »
Rock,

What you describe is NOTHING like the rash sometimes associated with
ARS. See your doctor about it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Rocksteady

« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2008, 10:10:26 am »
ARS rash? I had unprotected sex 5 weeks ago. I've had these hive-like rashes for a few weeks now. They come and go rather frequently and do itch and burn at times. No fever,fatigue,joint pain,swollen glands. They come and go all over:back,shoulders,legs etc.etc.  I've had 3 negative tests to date: 2weeks,3weeks and 31 days. I know 3months is the definitive test. Does this sound like an ARS rash?  Thanx.   Rockman

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2008, 10:26:01 am »
Rock,

I've already told you your rash does not sound anything like the rash that sometimes accompanies seroconversion. The ARS rash does not come and go nor does it itch or burn.

Go see your doctor. It's nothing to do with hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Rocksteady

« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2008, 11:02:09 am »
Sorry for the double post. I will get it checked out by MD.

Offline Rocksteady

« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2008, 09:11:54 am »
Hi. I've seen my primary doc and a dermatologist about recurring daily hives for a little over 5 weeks now. 8.5 weeks since unprotected vaginal. They mentioned hives aren't related to hiv(still freaked at times.). I did read one on-line posting saying that it is . Just curious,how long does ars last? I've had nothing else: flu-like symptons,aches,fever,weight loss,permanent rash,night sweat. Thank you.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2008, 09:21:08 am »
I'm not willing to indulge you any further in discussing the minutae of your rash other than to say neither in description nor in length of endurance does it fit what the ARS rash is like. OK, that's a flat one and lasts for a week or two and then is gone.

What's really more to the point is that after hanging around here long enough to know about using condoms when you have intercourse, you go ahead an do it without protection. Rockman, are the rocks in your head? Although HIV is fragile virus and not easy to transmit, especially from female to maile, low risk is not the same as no risk.

You need to know that everytime you have unprotected intercourse you are putting your life at risk. It's as stark and as simple as that. You can have all the sex you like. Just do it the safer way, which means using a condom everytime without exception.

Get tested at 13 weeks and hopefully collect a negative result. And learn from this experience by practicing safer sex consistently. And quit all of this drama about rashes.   
Andy Velez

Offline Rocksteady

« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2008, 07:55:37 pm »
Thanx for your answer. I have been coming to this site on and off for 2 years. It's kind of pathetic I have haven't learned yet. What will it take: testing pos,having my wife find out about some indescretion?  This has been the most difficult thing to go thru as I had all the info and facts and fucked up again(why?). You'd think after my past mistakes I would have learned something at this point. I know something is wrong with me and I have to find a way to fix it,be at peace with it or I'll be dead. It's just that simple. I'm not asking for pity. I know this web site is not set-up for this kind of thing. I can only hope to test negative in 4.5 weeks and finally open my eyes and learn something.  Rockman

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2008, 08:03:21 pm »
You seem to want to wish or think your problems away. In my experience that doesn't work. If you really think you have recurring problems, then my suggestion is to get yourself some professional help to sort things out before you get yourself into greater difficulties. Don't try to "fix things" alone. It just doesn't work, at least not for long.
Andy Velez

Offline Rocksteady

« Reply #76 on: February 29, 2008, 04:33:35 pm »
Greetings esteemed healthcare-pros. I recieved  a negative hiv test at 9 weeks. I'll go back at 13 weeks to test again. I would assume the 9 week test while not conclusive is a good sign. Would you guys be in agreement with that?  I have started therapy so I can stop making shitty choices. I wanted Andy to know. I appreciated all the work that's being done here. Thank you.            Rockman

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: February 29, 2008, 08:38:22 pm »
Rock, fyi the average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after a genuine risk. Your negative at 9 weeks more than encouraging. It's extremely unlikely you will get anything other than a confirmation of that with another negative at 13 weeks.

It's good to read that you're in therapy. Good luck with sorting things out.

Andy Velez

Offline Rocksteady

« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2008, 02:54:12 pm »
 :) hi guys i have a question for the pro's. i recieved another negative hiv test today at 13 weeks plus 4 days. i'm considering that conclusive. my question is this. i've been taking a medrol dose pack(steroids) for a couple days given to me by my doc to treat these chronic hives i've had for the last 9-10 weeks. would a couple days on a medrol dose pack(steroids) interfer with an accurate reading. the man at the test site said no it wouldn't. i just wanted your opinion. thanx. tell Andy therapy is coming along. he's been a very patient man and a life-saver for me(thanx.)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2008, 03:39:44 pm »
You are conclusively HIV negative. Medrol will not affect the validity of the test results. Continue with your therapy.

MtD

Offline Rocksteady

hand job variation question...
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2008, 07:51:31 pm »
Greetings. I recieved a handjob. While i was on my stomache i felt some moisture on her hands as she massaged my balls and the opening of my anus. I asked her if she was using oil,cream or saliva. She said she wasn't using anything. It's possible as I showered a few minutes prior. I was concerned that she may have licked her fingers then massaged my balls and very close to the opening of my anus. This was never done before and kind of freaked me out(so close to my anus.) Is this any kind of risk? I know a normal handjob isn't a risk for hiv. Do I need to test for Hiv for this encounter? Thank you.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: hand job variation question...
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2008, 08:04:04 pm »
I have been coming to this site on and off for 2 years. It's kind of pathetic I have haven't learned yet.

Rock,

I certainly agree with you. It is pathetic. Not only have you not learned the first thing about hiv prevention and transmission, but you have also not learned how to abide by our forum posting guidelines. You know, like the one about NOT STARTING NEW THREADS? I've merged your threads yet again. Get with the program already.

You've already been told that saliva isn't a risk for hiv infection, so why should it be any different in this case? You didn't have a risk, no matter what the liquid might have been, if there even was any.

You're very close to being given a time out. Please do not go on and on about this handjob incident because if you do, you WILL be timed out.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Rocksteady

« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2008, 08:29:51 pm »
 :) Thanx Ann! Sorry for accidently starting a new thread(my bad!)  I've actually learned alot here. Maybe I just needed to hear it to confirm what I already know(my OCD.) If that's pathetic, so be it.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2008, 08:38:56 am »
Rock,

This forum is not the appropriate place for you to work through your OCD issues. For that, you need to seek out professional advice from a therapist trained in helping people with OCD.

I'm afraid that if continue to use this forum inappropriately, we will have to ban you in order to encourage you to get the help you need. Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Rocksteady

please read and answer...
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2008, 01:50:49 pm »
Hello. I know that cunnilingus doesn't transmit hiv. My question is this. I did perform cunnilingus on my new girlfriend. I may have had a small crack on the roof of my mouth due small ulcers I get on occassion from stress or spicy foods( i had this checked by my doctor.) Would having a small crack on the roof of mouth put me at any risk by performing cunnilingus on her. I actually just licked/sucked her clitoris. I didn't stick my tongue inside her. Any amount of secretions would have been limited as I never even tasted her.  Thanx!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2008, 03:21:15 pm »
Rock,

You've answered your own question. Your details don't change the fact that going down on a woman is not a risk for hiv infection. You didn't have a risk.

We're not here to hold your hand every time you have a sexual experience. I've giving you that time out you've been warned about. I suggest you seek counseling.

Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.