Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:07:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 623
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 382
Total: 383

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I Heart FOX News  (Read 5343 times)

Offline tednlou2

I Heart FOX News
« on: March 03, 2011, 01:35:49 am »
I use to get all upset about stuff FOX does, thinking they were spreading so much misinformation.  But, I think most people with a brain get that they are a mouth-piece for the GOP.  The people who watch FOX believe what they say religiously, so nothing is going to change their minds.  Now, I just find FOX entertaining--often better than many shows on TV.

Below are a couple exchanges between FOX anchor Megyn Kelly, Rep. Anthony Wiener, and Obama spokesperson Bill Burton.  It is so clear that she has a bias as she gets upset when they say anything that challenges her opinions.  She acts so childish and very unbecoming of a "journalist." 

I love Rep. Wiener.  He doesn't take any shit.  He has had run-ins with Megyn before.  Now, how do you think she would act, if Justice Thomas was a liberal?  She would be arguing Wiener's point.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2cDHGQF3uo

This one is with Bill Burton.  I find him very hot, but I digress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ9gXD0wSRo 

Does anyone have any FOX Fav's?  The morning show, FOX and Friends offers a treasure of funny shit.  They are worse than O'reilly and Hannity, I think. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: I Heart FOX News
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 08:16:54 am »
It is so clear that she has a bias as she gets upset when they say anything that challenges her opinions.  She acts so childish and very unbecoming of a "journalist." 

She's very obnoxious. Good thing she doesn't conduct her interviews face-to-face, otherwise she'd probably end up getting slapped at least once a week.

How on earth she can claim Faux News to be "fair and balanced" with a straight face is beyond me. She should be an actress.

I don't think it's funny though - it's downright scary that so many people buy her crap.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 09:01:05 am »
I am an MSNBC fan, just LOVE IT!  Chris Matthews rocks!! It feeds my democratic liberal soul.  Of course can't stand the news channel you are speaking of (can't bring myself to even say the word).  I feel pretty certain that the fans of F#@ news say the exact same thing about us MSNBC junkies.  Used to be a Katie Couric fan so watched CBS, she is not nearly as good there as on the Today show plus you can't see her fabo legs and shoes so I switched.  However, I am not so sure regardless of your political leanings that it is so good to get all your news from a network that is so much in tune with those leanings.  I do occasionally try to catch Meet the Press to get a little more balance.
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 09:19:09 am »
I don't watch televised news. It is an inefficient way to get information: sitting through stories that don't interest me (sports), waiting through commercials, etc. The Internet is much better. I can quickly review news from a variety of sources and read in more detail topics I find interesting or watch a video clip if necessary. I also have no patience for talking head shows: Bill O'Reilly, Rachel Maddow, etc. I can read much faster than people talk. Also, as they pointed out on Ab Fab, "it's bad enough having to read this garbage without having to look at the bastard who wrote it."
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 09:34:57 am by GSOgymrat »

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 09:56:05 am »
Watching FOX causes my blood pressure to rise.  I cant sit an watch this network if I wish to remain calm, cool, and collected.  Regrets on the 'Megyn clips'. 

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 11:35:33 am »
How on earth she can claim Faux News to be "fair and balanced" with a straight face is beyond me. She should be an actress

Ann,
  If you take a closer look at your earlier statement, you would see that she is indeed an actress. Just not one we find all that entertaining....

CaptCarl
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 11:49:27 am »

http://www.turnofffox.org/

Teddy, turn off Fox and back away slowly. It's not worth having your mind rot away from being exposed to too much of that trash. ;D

I'm a huge news junkie and live with a news channel going all the time. During the First Gulf War I became an avid CNN viewer. Then I migrated over to FOX, until their endless drum march to impeach Clinton took over, at which time I moved to MSNBC and have stayed there. Oh I'll admit that I occassionaly flip to Fox but it's mainly to see what the whack-a-doos are spewing over there. (The "know thy enemy" philosophy)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 12:23:24 pm »
I'm afraid that I am rather addicted to Rob Marciano, weatherman on CNN....what a honeypot...when he's talking about the temperature rising..I could argue about a rise in my pants.. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbv29FCXmA8&feature=related

the scruffier he got during the Gulf  Oil Spill episodes the BETTER looking he got..I just wanted to hug him, and squeeze him, and hug him and squeeze him and....XXXoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGknwbvLRls&feature=related

I think I would believe anything he told me... 8)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 12:25:31 pm by rondrond »
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline MarcoPoz

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 02:13:38 pm »
I don't have cable! ;D

I watch PBS

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 03:30:33 am »
I get my FOX lowlights from Jon Stewart and Colbert, since I refuse to watch the actual channel.  I happen to have 2 friends with Neilsen boxes/meters and I'm glad they watch MSNBC.  Below is Jon's take on Repubs and FOX attacking teachers as fat cats while defending Wall Street.  Ann is right.  They are way more scary than funny.  My partner is a science teacher with a Master's degree.  Right now, he is trying to decide whether he can afford to trade in his 2000 truck for a 2007.  He comes home late everyday due to participating in extra activities like academic competitions.  He then responds to fire run as a volunteer firefighter.  This is another thing that tax payers don't want to pay for.  We still have so many fire depts that are mostly volunteer.  He puts his life on the line basically for free as a volunteer firefighter.  I think he gets paid $5 a run.  And, he does it, because he loves it.  I find these people Jon talks about disgusting.   

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-march-3-2011/crisis-in-the-dairyland---for-richer-and-poorer---teachers-and-wall-street

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 10:02:14 am »
Ted, don't get me started. The teachers I know went into the profession not for the money, but because they wanted to make a difference in children's lives. But that doesn't mean they should be paid less than Wall Street types - to the contrary, they should be paid more, in my opinion. Or rather, Wall Street types shouldn't get the obscene sums they are paid, and teachers should be paid more than they are.

My daughter is at this moment at university getting her teaching certificate. It's a one-year, post-grad course that is extremely intensive and expensive. She's doing it because of a teacher or two who made their mark on her, who inspired her to learn and strive to be the best person she can be. She wants to be in a position to do that for other children. She really loves the job, but I fear she won't be able to afford to buy a house, for example.

Children are our future. A cliché, perhaps, but a very true cliché. Why are we so reluctant to provide the people who teach our future, who shape our future, with a comfortable living?

It's the same thing with nurses. Teachers and nurses are amongst the most highly valuable, but the most highly UNDER valued people in modern society. It really makes me angry.

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 10:09:51 am »
I watch Fox news (its on right now), but I also give equal time to MSNBC, CNN and PBS Newshour. Each day I sample each and then draw my own conclusion based on all the different spins I get.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 10:18:26 am »
I watch Fox news (its on right now), but I also give equal time to MSNBC, CNN and PBS Newshour. Each day I sample each and then draw my own conclusion based on all the different spins I get.

-Will

Do you have a lot of free time or are you sitting in your lair surrounded by video monitors?

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 10:22:57 am »
Do you have a lot of free time or are you sitting in your lair surrounded by video monitors?

LOL, yes I sit in my darkened cave with multiple TV's and monitors with a notepad, occasionally wiping the drool from the corner of my mouth. Life is good.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 04:03:57 pm »

-Will

And where have you been young man?..sitting for days in front of the TV no doubt, I missed you.

Modified to say...Ok just read the post above, question answered... ;D
Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 04:11:26 pm »
It's the same thing with nurses. Teachers and nurses are amongst the most highly valuable, but the most highly UNDER valued people in modern society. It really makes me angry.

I agree Ann, under valued and under paid...but without them where would we be.

It's those like your daughter, teachers and young nurses  who have my respect, they carry on regardless, because of their dedication to those they care about.

Aroha

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 04:33:10 pm »
I agree Ann, under valued and under paid...but without them where would we be.

It's those like your daughter, teachers and young nurses  who have my respect, they carry on regardless, because of their dedication to those they care about.

Aroha

Her love of teaching started when she was only a child herself when she started helping out with a local Brownie troop. She was even helping out when she was home from University and this past year while she had a year out between graduation and her post-grad studies.

She wants to teach primary school - ages between four and eight or nine. (They start school in England at five, but here on the Rock they start at four.) She said it was when she herself was about seven that she had a teacher who really excited her interest in learning and she hopes to be able to do that too. She loves kids and it really shines through when she's with little ones. I don't know where she gets the patience. :D

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 04:36:16 pm »
I don't know where she gets the patience. :D

I can tell you....there's a lady over in AMI...you should check out her patience, that women has the patience of a Saint... ;)

Hugs

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 04:43:12 pm »
I can tell you....there's a lady over in AMI...you should check out her patience, that women has the patience of a Saint... ;)

Hugs

HA! You only think that because you can't see me banging my head on my desk or throwing things around the room or kicking the door....

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 04:55:22 pm »
 :D@ Ann.

Aroha

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.