Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:38:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 325
Total: 327

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: high lights of the GOP rebuttal...  (Read 3907 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
high lights of the GOP rebuttal...
« on: February 13, 2013, 08:21:30 am »
 ::)
I am not quite sure why things like this irritate me, but someone needs to tell these politicians, lawyers etc,  to stop drinking out of plastic bottles. It just looks so unprofessional. If your exercising, or jogging , that's one thing, but speaking is another.  What ever happened to the water pitcher, and a glass ?

I think I first started noticing this during the Casey Anthony trial. Lawyers from both sides gulping out of plastic bottles.

Well,,,,  :P  here's Marco Rubio's moment of fame last night :

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57569097/marco-rubios-water-bottle-gate-moment/

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Dachshund

Re: high lights of the GOP rebuttal...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 08:37:59 am »
Stay thirsty my friend.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 09:45:15 am »
One of the saddest and most pathetic actions was when Boehner did not give a standing ovation for 102 year old Floridian Desiline Victor.  She was the lady who stood in line for 6 hours in order to vote.  She was a special guest and his lack of caring was evident.  Perhaps he had another boner or was afraid he'd break out in tears?

Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 02:30:49 pm »
One of the saddest and most pathetic actions was when Boehner did not give a standing ovation for 102 year old Floridian Desiline Victor.  She was the lady who stood in line for 6 hours in order to vote.  She was a special guest and his lack of caring was evident.  Perhaps he had another boner or was afraid he'd break out in tears?

Really? Geez what a tool! >:(
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 03:49:10 pm »

More likely is he was partly drunk, as he always seems to be and could only manage a certain number of standings, without falling down.

Joe

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 04:28:07 pm »
Boehner's definitely always either drunk or tipsy, at least by late afternoon. You have to wonder how he gets his job done.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 04:37:30 pm »
I live in conservatard central AKA Alabama . I overheard a bevy or gaggle of GOP 'ers talking about Marco Rubio and what a smart handsome little thang he wuz .

They were talking and all in agreement that that man is gonna be Perez- ah - dent one day . They were like a bunch of Republican bobble head dolls .       
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 04:54:21 pm »
Boehner's definitely always either drunk or tipsy, at least by late afternoon. You have to wonder how he gets his job done.
Rachel Maddow is always going on about how he can't do his job.

Oh, I'm out of the loop. Is this general knowledge in the US that he's an alcoholic? I've never heard it...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 04:56:43 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 05:02:03 pm »
Rachel Maddow is always going on about how he can't do his job.

Oh, I'm out of the loop. Is this general knowledge in the US that he's an alcoholic? I've never heard it...

He is known to be an old school sort of politician who never misses happy hour and a smoke , like they used to do back in the 70's where Dems and Repubs rubbed elbows at the end of the day .

The cocktails and smokes isn't so PC any more .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 05:11:10 pm »
I live in conservatard central AKA Alabama . I overheard a bevy or gaggle of GOP 'ers talking about Marco Rubio and what a smart handsome little thang he wuz .

They were talking and all in agreement that that man is gonna be Perez- ah - dent one day . They were like a bunch of Republican bobble head dolls .     

I always think of a group of Republicans as a "murder", same as for crows.  Seems fitting.

Joe

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 05:11:45 pm »
I'd say it's common knowledge "inside" the Beltway. Just ask Joe Scarborough...

And doing a search with "john boehner drunk" on youtube is always a good time. Now remember girls, John grew up in his father's bar in southern Ohio. I'm sure all he did was mop the floors.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 05:53:36 pm »
You can tell when he's been drinking.  I think this also explains all his crying.  He's a sappy drunk, instead of a violent one.  Sappy is better than violent.  All the news agencies openly discuss how he smells of booze and cigarettes.  He isn't allowed certain pieces of art in his office, because he smokes in his office.  I only mention that, because you cannot smoke anywhere today, unless you're Speaker.  He thinks he's better than everyone, who has to shiver in the cold outside their job.

Reporters say he can often be found at a certain local bar.  He reminds me of all the alcoholic family members I had. 

Offline mecch

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 06:31:17 pm »
That's lame for everyone involved...  I kind of liked him when he was Minority Speaker. 
The GOP is bankrupt.  Dead, stinking, drifting, like that cruise boat.  Did you read Krugman's burn on Rubio?
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/13/marco-rubio-has-learned-nothing/

Hillary was so right - they refuse to live in an evidence-based world.  Rubio's response, and McCain's tawdry, foaming-at-the-mouth attacks ....  Boehner's reelection...  That's their best and brightest??

Its very discouraging.  Partly because, its enraging that they managed to keep the House packed with their dimwits.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.