Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:17:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 208
Total: 208

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What Pillbox?  (Read 4046 times)

Offline frenchpat

• Love your friends, don't eat them.
What Pillbox?
« on: August 27, 2006, 03:26:22 pm »
Hi everyone,

is it just me or are most pillboxes just crap?

I travel quite a bit for work, have some outdoors activities, go to the gym at odd hours, and all I seem to find are the enamel type that my granny used to have or cheap plastic ones that last a month at best. I am looking for something sturdy, practical, that can hold a decent amount of meds, a weeks supply with independent "day" containers that fit in a pocket. On top of that if it looks great and will last ( think swiss army knife quality) it is even better.

I'd love it if you could post your thoughts on the subject, perhaps with a pic if you think your pillbox is worth it.

I wouldn't be surprised if this has been discussed here but I couldn't find a thread so I went for it.  :-\

Pat

People have the power - Patti Smith

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: What Pillbox?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 04:24:41 pm »
I only use a pill box, of the traditional sort, for a one dose thingie in my pants pockets.  It's Royal Copenhagen, with a nice minimalist stainless steel finish on top, and black plastic with a neat semi-circular retracting opening on the bottom.  It's around a decade since I bought it and a quick google seems to indicate it's no longer being sold.

For traveling I use a nice black rubber Kiehls toiletry bag I got as a free promotional item.  It has built in pockets inside that were originally supposed to hold the Kiehls products (moisturizers, shampoos... etc) and work perfectly for large bottles of HIV horse pills, but are flexible enough for smaller bottles at the same time.  It's all horribly stylish!

I know the specifics (photo included as requested) probably don't help as I got these so long ago, but if you can find a toiletry bag you like that is constructed inside to hold up bottles of things that will do.  They're great for grabbing out of your carry on in an airplane for that quick dash to the restrooms to take your dose, etc.  I agree that sorting all of this out in quite necessary when one must travel around with 10 different medications and needing to take them in the original bottles showing your prescription labels in case you are questioned en route by security, etc.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 04:36:25 pm »
Sod the dosettes, I have a steel mint tin, bit battered, dented, but takes a week's worth...

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline Eldon

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 05:09:22 pm »
Hello Pat, it is Eldon. When it comes to a "pill box" there are so many choices to choose from. When you have the time you can surf on this website that sells all sorts of pill boxes: http://www.forgettingthepill.com/pillboxes.html.

Hope everything works out for you. Sounds like the metal one would be better for traveling.

Have the BEST Day.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 06:03:49 pm »
Here are mine.  I found the daily boxes too bulky and not necessary.  I just needed something to hold a day or two's worth and was small and discreet.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline aphaun

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 06:23:48 pm »
I use the plastic tubes the pharmacist loads my pills in.
I peel off the labels when they’re empty.
I use two sizes so I won’t get them mixed up. It’s a drag to accidentally take sedatives in the morning.
They’re about 3” in height and vary in diameter. They’re easy to pocket, and free with the Rx.
The large tubes hold my ARVs, vitamins and other pills that I take with my daytime meal.
I use the smaller tubes for my side-effects drugs and antidepressants, which I take at bedtime.
I usually load up a week’s supply or a dozen of each so they’re on hand when I need them.

—aphaun

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.