Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2024, 08:54:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773263
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 185
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 113
Total: 114

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: that marine who threw the puppy....  (Read 7438 times)

Offline ademas

that marine who threw the puppy....
« on: March 05, 2008, 07:46:27 pm »
may he burn in hell.

All of them should be discharged and brought up on charges.

Sorry...I can't even bring myself to post the youtube link.

It's making big news here because he's from the area.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004261286_marine05m.html

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: that marine who threw the puppy....
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 07:48:08 pm »
I couldn't even finish reading that.  Disgusting people like that should not be allowed to exist among us.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 07:58:22 pm »
Very bad behaviour, and totally unacceptable for a Marine.   I'll bet he's sorry he did it (or soon will be)   >:(
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 08:08:13 pm »
He's not sorry he did it - He's just sorry he got caught.  Folks do need to lay off his family, though.  Not like they prompted him to do it.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 08:54:03 pm »
As an animal lover I say that they should cut the motherfuckers ball off and shove them down his goddamned throat. Then throw hi worthless scraggly ass over a cliff, and see if HE screams all the way down. Burn in Hell motherfucker!!!!!
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 09:05:01 pm »
I hadn't heard anything and I don't think I really want to know.....makes me sick to my stomach how people can be so cruel to animals.
God don't like ugly.....whatever he did he will get it back ten fold.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 09:10:55 pm »
I'm a total animal lover... I live with four cats and haven't injured one yet.  On purpose.  :)

What he did was completely reprehensible, and he should be punished for it.

But I can't help but be a little upset that this incident gets so much press while no one in the mainstream media seems to be all that concerned with how many Iraqi civilians have been killed or injured because of this war.

Why does this provoke so much outrage, but we have to have a debate as to how much we can legally get away with when it comes to torturing another human being?

The dichotomy makes me a little sad.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline Basquo

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 09:25:29 pm »
That was so disturbing--what would make someone do that?

Court martial, dishonorable discharge, and no retirement. What a prick.

What a hero he'd have been if he'd adopted that puppy and managed to bring him home.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18871405/

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 09:50:44 pm »
Why does this provoke so much outrage, but we have to have a debate as to how much we can legally get away with when it comes to torturing another human being?

The dichotomy makes me a little sad.

Because people view animals as more innocent than humans. Especially animals that are domesticated or typically non food animals.
They are akin to children in most peoples eyes.

Offline BreakerOneNine

• Myspace
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 10:05:05 pm »
Yeah...I saw this..thats screwed up! >:(
poz 96 and med free til now.
Sept 2007 cd4 280 28.37% and VL 19,200
Nov 2007 cd4 230 25.87% and VL 38,000
Dec 2007 start Atripla
Jan 2008 cd4 490 32.5% and VL 119
Feb 2008 cd4 450 28.4% and VL less than 50
April 2008 cd4 510 28.6% and VL less than 48
July 2008 cd4 570 30.2% and VL less than 48
Dec 2008 cd4 570 32.0% and VL less than 48

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 11:54:55 pm »
There is absolutely no excuse for animal cruelty...and I certainly agree with basquos comment
Court martial, dishonorable discharge, and no retirement. What a prick.
..but to target his family I think is unfair, it has nothing to do with them, but unfortunately angry animal lovers find it hard controlling their emotions.

I hope he gets what he deserves.

Jan :'( >:(
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 11:56:31 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline frenchpat

• Love your friends, don't eat them.
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 03:00:31 am »
This person was trained to be very efficient at killing human beings so it does not surprise me one bit that he is capable of doing this to an animal, however cute.

Pat
People have the power - Patti Smith

Offline komnaes

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 09:01:22 am »
This person was trained to be very efficient at killing human beings so it does not surprise me one bit that he is capable of doing this to an animal, however cute.

Pat

Not entirely.. Hitler was a dog lover and loved his dog Blondie.

What disturbed me most is the immaturity of the whole scene and how unnecessary the killing was. It was ONLY a puppy.. it's not like the poor dog was holding an AK47 and trying to kill you.
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 09:40:50 am »
whatever he did he will get it back ten fold.

I want to say "hear hear" .......although I try to suppress feelings of revenge and whatnot. Oh to h*ll with it, hear hear!!!!! That man is due for something.

Because people view animals as more innocent than humans

True, that's why we say "good doggy" and "good kitty" and things like that.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 10:03:30 am by allopathicholistic »

Offline randym431

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 12:10:54 pm »
A big animal lovr here too.
Locally they have been playing over and over on the news (probably national too) of the cows too sick to walk in the slotted house.
So they were beating them, poking the eyes and dragging them around with fork lifts. Some they had broken the legs of trying to force them to walk,
so the cows were trying to walk on their knees. Very sick and awful to even watch. Thats the reason for the meat recall. A cow unable
to walk may or could have the mad cow disease.

Then there are the chickens. My niece seen a video of chickens being stuffed in crates to do nothing but lay eggs.
She said these chickens were so in fear they were shaking.

After the cow video and the chicken thing, she turned vegetarian. She will not eat meat again, she said.
And she said you can buy eggs that are marked on the box they are NOT from chicken egg factories (I didnt know that).
Any animal that feels fear, terror and pain should be treated like human. What makes us better?????

As much hate and heat PETA gets, you have to remember they are the animals only support group.
They might go to extremes at times to make a point, but PETA is the only group that fights for animal rights.
Not that they could have saved this puppy, they can change attitudes in tolerating this kind of person and cruelty.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 12:12:51 pm by randym431 »
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 10:04:06 pm »
The summer for before my senior year in high school, I volunteered with the SCA in a  park in VT.  We camped for 3 weeks in lean tos and did clearcutting of trails, stuff like that.  The last week we spent hiking in the Adirondacks.  On the way to the Adirondacks, I notice all these little tiny house like things on the farms we are passing, so I ask what they are.  Oh, that is where they keep all the baby calfs so they don't make any muscle.   I still have not tried veal.  That still freaks me out.
I think for the most part, farmers that live off their land or livestock will do thier best to take care of thier animals.....then you have the knuckleheads that shouldn't come within 10 ft of a stuffed animal and they mess it up for everyone.  Sad.
Snow

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 11:22:45 pm »
I still have not tried veal.  That still freaks me out.

Yeah.  I got grossed out watching an expose on nasty practices in the meat industry (while one bite into a hamburger) and dropped red meat on the spot for several years.  Lost 8 lbs the first month with just that one dietary change.  Couldn't bear the thought of it without nearly throwing up.  Some years later, I was at a July 4th cookout and smelled the burgers on the grill and it was suddenly all over.  I had three on the spot.  That cow was delicious.

Still, I prefer my meat to be presented freshly packaged in attractive little cuts and bearing absolutely no resemblence to the critter from which it came.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 11:28:47 pm »
And speaking of:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/06/meat.cameras/index.html

And no, I haven't forgotten about the poor little puppy, but I figure cruelty concerns in general would still fit in with the thread, right?
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 11:40:26 pm »
Know what?  I cried during Black Beauty....ions ago....I can't read or watch anything that an animal gets hurt in.  Cameras sound like a good idea to me, but I am sure they will think of way around it somehow or they will just loop the tapes.  How bout we implant little devices into everyone that works there and if it senses that they are exerting to much pressure or pain, it zaps them on thier ass and gives them shrinkage or a burning sensation down there for a month.   :-\ 
Snow

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 11:57:07 pm »
As much hate and heat PETA gets, you have to remember they are the animals only support group.
They might go to extremes at times to make a point, but PETA is the only group that fights for animal rights.
Not that they could have saved this puppy, they can change attitudes in tolerating this kind of person and cruelty.

Not to start anything, but PETA is absolutely fucked. They deserve no respect and they are certainly not by any stretch of the imagination the only group that fights for the wellbeing of animals.

In 2006 they killed over 97 percent of the animals placed in their shelter system. Less than 3 percent of animals turned over to them survive and are rehomed.

Because the truth is PETA is not for protecting the animals. They are animal rights extremists in a totally loony-bin nutso kind of way. They honestly believe animals are better off dead than being 'slaves' to humankind. Seriously.

The vast majority of their videos about animal cruelty on commercial establishments [though they are still deplorable, don't get me wrong] are staged. There has been evidence of them paying off people to do these things so they can videotape them.

PETA is not an organization to support. In comparison, local animal shelters are a much safer bet, even other kill shelters. In Norfolk, which is where PETA is run from, the local shelter there euthanized only 38 of the 1404 animals placed in their shelter in 2006. Something is terribly wrong there.

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 01:25:35 pm »
as an animal lover ( especially a dog lover) I was sickened by this video...and it goes to show the kind of people we have out there...the military seriously needs to review the mental state of the troops...this is just plain socialpath behaviour
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008, 01:38:37 pm »
as an animal lover ( especially a dog lover) I was sickened by this video...and it goes to show the kind of people we have out there...the military seriously needs to review the mental state of the troops...this is just plain socialpath behaviour

hmmm....well, it's here on the homefront as well.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/15526093/detail.html
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Writerbabe

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 04:00:23 pm »
People who do things like this make my blood boil there is no excuse for his actions  I hope he gets a big dose of karma

Offline mjmel

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 04:17:33 pm »
I was wondering about that fella recently. Wondering if someone had flung him off the back of a fast moving pickum-up truck. No worry about him getting hurt. He's a big, tough marine.

Mike

Offline Texan38

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 04:21:48 pm »
Just heart wrenching, actually made my eyes water - not too sure if it was from anger or sympathy....he'll get what's coming to him.
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 04:30:19 pm »
Just when I'd gotten this out of my head....

Offline marc11864

• I apologize for nothing!
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2008, 03:29:50 pm »
Sadly, as this whole quagmire drones on thanks to United States Inc., there will continue to be a lessening of standards related to the sanctity of life and military quality. As each day passes, and another soldier dies on the field of battle, voluntary recruitment becomes circumspect and requirements for admission to the service become subordinate to both intelligence and humanity in order to achieve cannon fodder quotas. And so the wheels of power militarily, industrially and governmentally continue to spin unchecked and unaccounted for.

But then what can you expect from a country whose global morality is wrapped tightly around bourgeois technology and blind religious dogma?  ::)

It's disgusting.

Marc (Former US Military)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 03:32:34 pm by marc11864 »
Let us cavort like the Greeks of old! You know the ones I mean.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2008, 06:56:06 pm »
awesome use of vocabulary Marc

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008, 07:28:31 pm »
(Former US Military)

ha, i thought i knew everything about you  ;D

Offline marc11864

• I apologize for nothing!
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008, 09:30:10 pm »
Winiroo: Thanks!  :) And by the way, you go girl! You deserve some kudos yourself!

allopathicholistic: There's a few surprises left in me Alex!  ;)
Let us cavort like the Greeks of old! You know the ones I mean.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.