Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:10:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 220
Total: 220

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: i dont know what to do, i need your help please  (Read 4721 times)

Offline zaid

i dont know what to do, i need your help please
« on: May 19, 2011, 08:56:59 am »
dear all my name is zaid 28 years old,

i tested aids before 1 week and i am shocked that i have it...

the CD4 188, i start the medicine direct, i dont know what to do now in my life i am very sad.

i need your help and your support please.

Offline jb1973

• To thine ownself be true
Re: i dont know what to do, i need your help please
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 09:08:45 am »
First, welcome.
Second, it's not the end of the world. The good news is you found out early enough and are now taking meds. Continue to take them, and things will be fine. 
Third, Spend as much time reading through the forum posts on this site.  It helped me immensely when I was first diagnosed a few months back.  Also, there is a wealth of information here, especially in the lessons area.  Also, if you have questions, ask.  There are members here who are very helpful and will give you sound advice.
Also, it will get better.  HIV will be the only thing you will think about for awhile.  Once you realize that things are going to be fine, you will start to think about it less and less.  Finally, it helps to talk to someone also, be it a best friend, partner, or professional.  Good luck. 
??Infected - 08-09??
3/3/11-tested POZ
3/18/11 - CD4-534 VL-6,600
6/24/11 - CD4-642 VL-10,800
10/11 - CD4-580 33% VL-9,900
1/12 - CD4-602 ?% VL-9,700
3/12 - CD4-552 27% VL=10,684
8/12 - cd4-550 24% VL=9.865
Started Isentress/Truvada
10/12- CD4-613 31% VL=UD

Offline karry

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 09:15:31 am »
Hi Zaid,
I also felt that way 4 years ago when I was diagnosed. I know it is very hard for you now, but what you need to do is just take it a day at a time. Look at it this way: you now know your status and you can take care of yourself and get better.

I can tell you from experience that it is not the end of the world. It is just a very difficult period in your life now, but you can go through it and continue living your life.

As you can see on this forum there are lots of people who have lived with HIV for long and though the beginning seemed devastating, it is certainly not the end!

Take care.
Karry
Take it a day at a time....and be positive about it too!

Offline zaid

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 09:17:59 am »
thank you for your fat reply.
do you think the cd4 will go up with the med...? and for how long it will takes...?

Offline wolfter

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 09:29:42 am »
Sorry to meet you under these circumstances, but welcome to the forums.  We're all excellent at supporting each other so don't hesitate to post and ask questions.  Since this is new to you, you probably have a gazillion questions and concerns.  I'm not sure what aspect of this disease is most pressing for you at the moment.  Perhaps you could provide us with a few details of where you're at and some specifics.

Baby steps at first!
Greg
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 09:59:04 am »
Hello Zaid, and welcome to our group.

Sorry about your diagnosis, but you have come to the right place!   Go to the tab at the top of the screen called "Treatment" and read AIDSmeds.com's lessons, they are very informative and can help you a lot to understand what it is that you are dealing with.

Some of us have been around for a LONG time with this disease, and treatment gets better and more tolerable (with less side effects, etc ) all the time.  Just take it slow and easy at first, don't panic, and read and learn as much as you can.  Knowledge is your best weapon against this virus.   Having a good support system is also very important, and we can help you with that!

Take care of yourself, and we're glad you found us.

Hugs, Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline zaid

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 10:36:47 am »
thank you all...

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 01:55:33 pm »
Hello

Treatment these days is very good, look forward to a long happy life.

The point of treatment is to reduce your HIV viral load to 50 copies or less. This stops the virus damaging your CD4 cells and, yes, then they usually go up in number.

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline zaid

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 03:18:23 pm »
thanks for the information..
the problem that i am thinking 24 hours about aids, and i am off more than week from work and gym... i think i have to go back to my normal life and to start my new life, and with your support guy i will feel better.

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 03:44:37 pm »
I am not surprised by the 24/7, it's a shock

In the end, hopefully, this passes and life resumes

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 04:09:00 pm »

Sorry to hear about your recent AIDS diagnosis.  I know things seem hopeless right now, and while it seems a daunting adjustment in the beginning you will adjust, and you will be fine.   As Matt said, treatment these days tend to be very effective.   Welcome to the forums.

Thomas
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 12:36:15 am »
Do you have any idea how long you've been poz?  Have you been recently ill before the labs that might have dropped your CD4 artificially?  In any event, you're on meds now and you should start seeing improvement before too long.  All the best and keep in touch.

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 02:34:51 am »
Hi Zaid,

An HIV Diagnosis is a huge shock and should be treated as such. It takes time to adjust to the diagnosis and you should allow yourself that time. It is important.

I am newly diagnosed myself and still think about it everyday, but such thoughts are not as terrifying as before. The more you educate yourself about it and talk with people who have been living with the virus for years, the more confidence you will gain.

Hang in there and good luck, you will be alright :)

Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline rocky48

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 01:18:50 pm »
Sorry you have joined our ranks but hang in there and keep check this web site for answers. I did.
Can only speak for myself I also was one who worried each day after my diagnosis that was three years ago. Now, I treat each day as it comes. I don't think about it each day now. Doctor told me I would most likely die from old age in this time of all the meds they have. My big thing now is that one big horse pill each night but I guess it will let me live to old age.

Take care and give it time
Started Atripla on 4/23/11
5/27/11   CD4 - 572 VL - 130
9/30/11   CD4 - 566 VL - UD
3/23/12   CD4 - 640 VL - UD
9/21/12   CD4 - 699 VL - UD
Switched to Triumeq its been a couple years now.
8/27/18   CD4 - 756  VL - UD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.