Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:19:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37634
  • Latest: Hope007
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 222
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 177
Total: 177

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Boycott of McDonalds!!!! PLEASE PARTICIPATE!  (Read 10923 times)

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
Boycott of McDonalds!!!! PLEASE PARTICIPATE!
« on: April 11, 2007, 05:05:57 am »
While on a visit to cheeful South Florida a horrifying incident happened to me, and I feel compelled to share it with everybody. I am still so emotional about this that all I can do is tremble before my monitor in a blubbering mass of despair and dejection.

Summoning the strength (and almost every 20-cent word in my vocabulary) I sat down with Bucko and together we crafted this angry letter to McDonald's headquarters.

Witness our rage:

Myself, my partner and my cab driver attended your lovely restaurant's drive through on our way home from a terribly uneventful and disappointing evening from our engagement at the transvestitute bar, grill and lounge, ironically known as the Torpedo Club.

Despite our affinity for the leftover nachos we had endeavored to eat upon our arrival home in the early morning hours, from a reputable establishment, we had become enraptured by the allure of the 24 hour neon light promising the delight and undescribeable satisfaction of Big Macs and super-sized temptations of the 24 hour drive thru.

Unfortunately, at the unbridled shock, horror, and ultimate betrayal of the falsely cheerful and disembodied voice of the underpaid and slightly unresponsive maven; whom by the way, is by all accounts a diva despite the conditions to which she is undbouttedly subjected, and other disgusts too horrid to mention in polite conversation...  (BTW, have you ever found a palmetto bug in your happy meal before???) I digress...

Ultimately, my dear fellows, and the occasional madame - glass ceilings and all, I implore you, How dissappointed would you find yourself, having arrived at home in a post-drunken, hunger fueld, K-HOLE with nothing to eat in your refrigerator except a several pats of kosher butter, a half-eaten pumpkin pie left over from three thanksgivigngs ago, and the sad, but stale promise of the thirteen Big Macs you thought ordered and paid for, only to find the disappointing reality of two double cheeseburgers, a lonely apple pie and the three frenchries sadly, yet hopefully attempting to inhabit the cardboard box which once held such promise.

I sit here, alone.  Forlorn, forsaken, and ultimately betrayed so bitterly and unexpectedly at the sadness and false promises contained in the bleached white bag which tauntingly echoes the emptiness of my HIV sticken, yet still hungry shell.  I am left now, in absence of my receipt and beyond comprehensible condolences. 

Know my pain.

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
Re: Boycott of McDonalds!!!! PLEASE PARTICIPATE!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 05:08:39 am »
It was horrifying...simply too ghastly.

I hope this doesn't sway Joseph's consideration of relocation to our sunny climes. We've become so very close...

Brent
(Who prefers Burger King)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 06:08:23 am »
I'm with Brent on this one.

In solidarity,
Drew

Offline mjmel

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 06:23:39 am »
(Hands on hips)
1. Who knows what you ordered since you were both inebriated.  :D

2. Will boycott (since I eat at neither place of establishment.  ;)

3. Joseph? Thought you started a new job in SF?  :-*

Offline budndallastx

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 06:57:16 am »
Way ahead of you on the boycott at Mickey D's !!  Stopped eating there when I had a roach (you call them palmetto bugs but they are nothing but big roaches) in my fries.

Tom

PS- Only eat Wendy's chili because if there's a roach in there I can't tell and it's been cooked.

Meds since: 11/20/2006
Sustiva / Truvada
12/08/2008 VL:<48 CD4 622 (38%)   
9/8/2008 VL:<48 CD4 573 (30%)
5/2008 VL:<48 CD4 464 (30%)
1/2008  VL: <50  CD4 425(28%)
9/2007   VL: <50  CD4 465 (27%)
6/2007   VL: <50   CD4 443 (26%)
3/2007  VL: <50   CD4 385 (25%)
12/2006 - VL: <50   CD4: 384 (25%)
11/2006 - VL:  22K  CD4: 208 (18%)

Offline frenchpat

• Love your friends, don't eat them.
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 07:43:53 am »
As a vegetarian I have been boycotting Mac Donald's and all joints of same ilk for a good 29 years now...

do I get a medal?  ;D

Pat
People have the power - Patti Smith

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 08:28:50 am »

Well, I'll try this again. My last post disappeared into the trilight zone.  I also prefer Burger King, when I am in the mood. I watched that documentary about McDonald's on MSNBC. This was the one, about the guy who attempted to eat McDonald's for 30 days ! He almost ended up with permanent liver damage, plus an additional 25 pounds or so.  :o

We boycott Pizza Hut. About ten years, ( perhaps a little longer) One of the gay bars that we frequent in this area had ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut.

When the pizza came, the delivery guy forgot to remove the receipt from the box. Hand written on the receipt was "deliver to the faggots, at the queer bar !!" Pizza Hut was contacted. They apologised and said that action would be taken against the individual who wrote that on the receipt. ( But who knows)

The story, was big for a while, had made some of the local gay mags in the area, with a photo of the hand written message that was on the receipt.

Since that time, we haven't had Pizza Hut pizza !!

Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 09:21:05 am »
I've been boycotting Micky-D's for around twenty years now. Do I get the Silver Medal?

:D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 09:25:22 am »
I usually wash down my two McRibs with a diet Dr. Pepper, so I am okay.

AD

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 09:31:14 am »
I'm ashamed to admit that after years of not venturing into a McD's, whilst waiting for my flight home at Atl airport, I indeed succumbed to not just one, but 2 hamburgers with fries. In my defense, tiredness and hunger did overcome me...not to mention the McD's queue was the shortest! ;D

---Melia hangs head in shame and sends self off to stand in corner---

::)

/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Maestro

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 09:34:39 am »
Boycotts are fine, but usually these establishments are not corporate owned.  Boycotting that restaurant is fine...but is it really fair to the guy running a tight ship in some other town to suffer business loss as well?

Taking the unpopular view,

M

Offline Merlin

• As My WILL, So MOTE It Be !
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 09:37:24 am »
Hmm....I never knew what the appeal of MacD was before and never will. Many food taste a whole lot better, healthier and cheaper too.

Having said that, try staying sober next time you decide to bring strangers in a bag home will ya? They taste better with tomato sauce by the way.  ;D. Ask Hannibal.... kidding!

So, did they reply to your complaint yet? Make sure u Supersize the compensation...free vouchers for Burger King ?!! :o
I'll leave Hatred to those not strong enough to Love.

+++

Believe & The Power Of The Mind Transforms.
Make It Happen...

+++

I blame them for nothing.
I forgive them for everything.

---->> Mary J. Blige on dysfuctional parents

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 09:59:35 am »
My favorite is a Whopper Jr., Jr. Fries, and a Senior Drink from the King.  Total tab, $2.59.  The size of the Whopper is the same size as hamburgers were in the 60's and the senior drink is the same as a small but only costs .25 cents.

Pizza Hut uses artificial cheese that is a result of "Better Living Through Chemistry", and makes me so sick I am out of commission for two days. 

I gave up on McDonald's after a bout of Dysentery (sp?) in the 60's.

Love,
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 10:33:49 am »
I eat so much McDonalds I have sesame seed buns.

Offline dixieman

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 10:36:23 am »
McDoodles has the Best French Fries... keep the hamburgers etc... but, their fries are awesome! ...

Offline NewYorkKat

• Hangin' On Staying Strong
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 11:02:37 am »
I won't lie. I still love McDonald's! When you are driving 8 hours and see that golden arch, you know it's time to stop for some water or a sandwhich or use the restroom. McDonald's helped save my day quite a few times. However, living in New York, I rahter boycott KFC with the rats running around. Now that's more offensive!

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 11:25:05 am »
I work for McDonald's... or more accurately, work on our McDonald's account in 401k's.

This boycott is a direct slap in the face to me living with HIV.  Shame on you all.

Trying to take away my livelihood.   

That will leave me with just deathlihood and even that's been circumcized.

PS:  MickeyD's has the best 401k plan I've ever seen, surprisingly enough.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 11:38:44 am »
K-HOLE?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2007, 01:29:15 pm »
I like McDonalds.  I enjoy a little meal from there about once a month.  It is very comforting to eat their for some reason.

However if you want real things to boycott....

Exxon
Heinz
Bayer
Cracker Barrell
Chili's

On a personal level, I also boycott Walmart, Rite Aid, Blockbuster, Pacific Bell, Sprint, and few others but those are all personal grudges. 

All right, off to be a stewardess.
The difference between an overnight and a layover is luck!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2007, 01:33:42 pm »
I eat so much McDonalds I pee Wesson oil.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2007, 01:54:21 pm »
Lies, do you really?

I use to be somewhat addicted to their breakfasts in 2000 when they came out with the steak and egg/bagel sandwiches.  They dripped grease but were a delightful start of my workday from time to time, plus I'd just gone on testosterone for wasting so I wanted anything that would put weight back on.  I even regularly requested an extra hash brown just because I could.  Amazingly, and I guess because I was hitting the gym 5 days a week, it all went in my muscle and not on my waist.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2007, 05:33:06 pm »
Hey Joseph,

I worked at Hamburger Mary's Waikiki once and in all that time... was never aware of the appetite of the Palmetto Bug.  I am even more impressed that the worlds biggest cockroach had the ability to replace 13 Big Mac's with 2 Double Cheese Burgers!

I would love to participate in your boycott of the Golden Arches but, I do live on the Russian River and there is an ordinance against fast food franchises so... they won't miss the monies, I do not spend there.  The closest Mc Donalds is roughly 13 miles away (Santa Rosa) and there is a Burger King across the street.  I know this because that is where I enjoyed my Whopper Combo meal on Easter Dinner.  I guess I'm with Brent on that too.  Have the best day
Michael
(Who went to a "stoner" college and has no idea what a K-Hole is)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 05:35:26 pm by Sonomabeach »

Offline Dennis

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2007, 06:45:56 pm »
You were hungry and able to eat while in a K-Hole?  I'd be pissed more at your supplier than Mickey D's.  ;D

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2007, 07:27:14 pm »
I boycott McDonald's cause it's crap.

Go to Five Guys.

It's amazing.  Enjoy the sheer deliciousness that is DC-based regional burger chains.

I have taken the liberty of finding Five Guys locations.  Go there.  Eat.  You will not regret it.

Promise.

http://www.fiveguys.com/store_locator.aspx
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline fearless

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2007, 01:49:47 am »
13 Big Macs!!!
That some late night snack.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline swede_dish

• I feel like an angel baby wrapped in a candy cloud
    • My blog
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2007, 05:40:00 am »
I am all about In and Out Burger .....
White Castle
and Hot n' Now.

In and Out and Hot and Now......Maybe I took those names a little too far into my personal life. LE SIGH.

-Swede
(Who is going to go get some hashbrowns and an egg mcmuffin before going to work. I'm hip on the health trip, though....I get decaffe. ;) )
"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me. "
-Bette Midler

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2007, 07:54:34 am »
Walking into my first McDonalds....fifty extra pounds later....that was my first McStake.

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2007, 11:17:21 am »
Joey's gone back to that chilly, damp foggy place known as SF. I miss the lil bugger already.

Brent
(Who wasn't ready for him to leave)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2007, 08:43:50 pm »
I got my response to the original email today it is as follows:

Hello Joseph:

Thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald's Customer Service Center to bring your recent experience to our attention.

First, I hope you will accept my sincere apology for your disappointment in McDonald's. I can assure you that we want you to be completely satisfied every time you visit one of our restaurants.

Because most McDonald's restaurants are independently owned and operated, I have forwarded your comments to the franchise owner or local representative for follow up at the restaurant. Please be assured that your comments will be investigated and, if appropriate, corrective action will be taken.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald's Customer Service Center and giving us the opportunity to address your concerns. Customer feedback is very important to us as it helps us improve.

Keisha
McDonald's Customer Response Center

ref#:4314541

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2007, 08:45:22 pm »

Keisha
McDonald's Customer Response Center

ref#:4314541

AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Benj
(Who hopes that someone gets it.)
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2007, 09:11:10 pm »
(Who hopes that someone gets it.)

Oh, I think Keisha got it.  I think that's why she didn't just dismiss it, and not respond. LOL  It was sad, really...  their fill-in-the-blank complaint page really didn't contain enough room to adequately share the gelatinous, unkosher marrow of my feelings inside the matter.

In fact, I know that some of the AM people didn't get it.  You can tell by their vacant, yet whole-hearted attempts at condolences. LOL  I won't point fingers - as that seems to have gotten a great many people in trouble lately.

I love this board.

-joseph

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2007, 09:13:29 pm »
"deliver to the faggots, at the queer bar !!"

THAT is frameable!  LOL

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2007, 04:50:03 pm »
Dear Joseph:

At McDonald's, we recognize that it's our most valuable customers who take
the time to contact us about a restaurant experience.  For this reason we
would appreciate your completing this brief survey to share your feedback
about how we handled your issue and your contact to our Customer Service Center.

http://www.mcdonaldsfollowupsurvey.com/h328w/email.html?id=3343795483

To complete the survey, simply click on this link or cut and paste this URL
into your browser.  To ensure accuracy of the survey results, we request
that the individual who contacted us be the one to complete the survey.
And, due to the time-sensitive nature of this request, this invitation will
expire on Monday, April 23, 2007.

Thank you for helping us understand how to better serve you.

Sincerely,

Christopher Garrity
Senior Director
McDonald's Customer Satisfaction Department

Please do not "reply" to this email response. All "replies" go to an
unmonitored mailbox and are not reviewed. If you wish to contact
McDonald's Customer Contact Center please call their toll-free number at (800) 244-6227 or visit their website at www.mcdonalds.com
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 04:54:07 pm by Strayboy74 »

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2007, 06:19:14 pm »
Reminds me of the Lethal Weapon movie where the character goes off on what they do to you at
The Drive Up.
I won't repeat his very colorful language but in essence it describes what a person can expect when
ordering food at a fast food restaurant.

After seeing the movie FAST FOOD
I'll never eat at a fast food restaurant ever again.............

Imagine a little cow manure with your Big Mac...or your Quarter Pounder.
Gives it extra flavor I'm told YUCK!!!!

David....(who now grills his burgers at home). :P
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2007, 06:55:58 pm »
My first real job when I was 17 was at McDonalds... Woha, my first bj was in a McDonalds cooler..  Dont worry eveyrthing was in boxes and sealed... ;D

Eric 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2007, 07:17:10 pm »
::currently craving cheese burger::

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2007, 02:28:14 pm »
Mickey D's has changed a great deal....I love their fries but their sandwiches suck... Also my son may soon get his first job through them....*so proud*...He's 16...But anyhooo, it seems most fast food places have gone down a great deal. I got a sandwich from Wendy's once and it was half cooked. You would think after all the incidents at other places that these restuarants would start being on point with their shit. I guess money talks and the rest of us is suppose to just deal with it. Give em hell, Joseph...
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2007, 02:29:39 pm »
I ended up making my cheeseburger myself at home... always SO much better.  I'm tempted to make more today.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.