Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:07:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772953
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 471
Total: 471

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I am saying goodbye to AidsMeds.com and I will tell you why  (Read 9858 times)

Offline xtente

I became + in 1999. I have done really well with my treatment. Never had tcells below 350, have been on the same meds since 1999, take breaks and get no resistance, etc.

I came to this forum to talk with people who are afflicted with the aids virus. I was never a fan of help groups and basically hung out with negative ppl. I am going back to that and here is why.

When you get a bunch of ppl together who are suffering, it sometimes brings out the worst in ppl. Dealing with HIV is a monumental task. Its more than the average person can handle. That being said, some ppl cannot contain their anger and bitternes over their situations. I can. My life is full and happy and while i understand that i am faced with a difficult journey, i have always known i have and will continue to prevail against this disease. I have noticed a lot of cattiness and backbiting in these forums, and to be honest, its the last thing i need. I never put my faith in man, I put in it God, and I hope all of you do too, and for those of you who dont, I hope you start to.

Farewell all and may you all be healed and happy. I am and will continue to be!

Adios!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: I am saying goodbye to AidsMeds.com and I will tell you why
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 10:47:09 pm »
I became + in 1999. I have done really well with my treatment. Never had tcells below 350, have been on the same meds since 1999, take breaks and get no resistance, etc.

I came to this forum to talk with people who are afflicted with the aids virus. I was never a fan of help groups and basically hung out with negative ppl. I am going back to that and here is why.

When you get a bunch of ppl together who are suffering, it sometimes brings out the worst in ppl. Dealing with HIV is a monumental task. Its more than the average person can handle. That being said, some ppl cannot contain their anger and bitternes over their situations. I can. My life is full and happy and while i understand that i am faced with a difficult journey, i have always known i have and will continue to prevail against this disease. I have noticed a lot of cattiness and backbiting in these forums, and to be honest, its the last thing i need. I never put my faith in man, I put in it God, and I hope all of you do too, and for those of you who dont, I hope you start to.

Farewell all and may you all be healed and happy. I am and will continue to be!

Adios!

As you wish, dear.

MtD

/quote added for perspective/
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 11:04:18 pm by matty.the.damned »

Offline lonbjny

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 10:53:51 pm »
Xtente,

I know you will not read this as you have left already (I saw the huff  outside and guess you were the one leaving in it)

But I cannot resist pointing out that calling the people on this forum "angry and bitter" sounds somewhat, erm, angry and bitter.

Btw, reading the people on this blog has been for me , a real blessing. And yet I also still consider myself a very happy and healthy person

Big hug :)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 10:56:10 pm »
Thanks for informing us that we're all a bunch of losers.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 10:56:45 pm »
I hear you, and you are making perfect sense.   If you have that support structure in your negative friends,  thats great.   All my friends are negative and I find nothing in common with them when it comes to dealing with the fragalities of having a deadly virus lingering about.  At first I came here to ask questions.   Then,  I made some hard fast friends....  Some of us stay,  and some go...  You think in the world how many are infected with hiv and get their support off the internet??  Probably not that many and I am sure they have their support in their nagative friends as well as their positive ones by whatever communication structure is available to them.   This is but one....   What ever gets you by is outstanding.....

Sorry, you have chosen to pick out the negatives here and not simply looked past them....  

Hugs,

Eric

Offline xtente

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 10:59:39 pm »
thanks for the hug

Offline xyahka

• Dance together!! aha!! aha!! I like it!!
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 11:14:06 pm »
Hi :) glad to hear from you. I think it is cool that you leave, if that is what you really want to do.

Doing what we really want is what matters. I agree with you that there are some temperamental people on the forums and that some fights and time outs and bans are needed sometimes, but i guess after all this group is not different to all others i have met (and Hiv has nothing to do with it) it is just people dynamics, some click with you or click with me and some others don't.

As for me, i have never taken this forum as a support group, but a source of knowledge. I guess talking to some who has been there and done that (phrase we hear all the time) is important sometimes. Glad you are following your path, anyways, as i pm you, we are here to listen, not because we have to, and certainly not because we need it... but because we want to do it, so if anytime... anyday... after any years.... you want to pass by and say Hi, we'll be listening, i'll be listening.

As for the rest of my friends, guys... don't take this post in a wrong way, i don't feel he called us a bunch of looser, he just stated that he does not like how some personal fights and disagreements have became evident and the reactions of some of us in some moments. I guess he is not the only one. Plus he has the right to have his own appreciations, which should not affect us nor influence our behaviour nor oppinions about him cause we all have our own lives out here.

The point after all is that it is always good when we meet someone, we help this person and now let this person walk his own path. That's the way how life should be, some of us here are just visitors for some time and then we follow our way, some others find help and stay to try to help others... it is nothing bad in any of both choices. it is just the place in life where we want to be.

Wish you all the best friend, we will be here if you want to pass by any other time. Big hugs

Juan Carlos
(singing a latin song that says... "when a friend leaves... there is an empthy space left....")
13/03/07 1er diagnóstico /Peso: 79kg
19/04/07 CD4: 494 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 80kg
19/07/07 CD4: 659 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79.5kg
06/03/08 CD4: 573 (después de meses muy deprimido) /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79kg
17/09/08 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 84Kg
06/02/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 85Kg /HCV: Neg /HBV: Neg.
07/03/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg / Gym 3días/semana y Natación 2días/semana.
12/05/09 CD4: 470 /Cviral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg.
08/07/09 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 77Kg.
09/12/09 CD4: 510 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg. No medicinas aún
10/01/10 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
15/05/10 CD4: 320 /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
01/02/11 CD4: 291 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
05/05/11 CD4: 366 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
27/07/11 CD4: 255 /CViral: 138000 /Peso: 78kg.

Disfrutando y aceptando una nueva vida...

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 11:18:28 pm »
Well, for one thing it's the context of someone with 11 posts slamming the entire board xyahka.  Also, a cursory search of his old posts leads me to believe this is really about luggage.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 11:40:51 pm »
I just wrote a hell of a long post....and then I took a look at your posting history and I realized what was what....HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU!!!!

Offline thirtysomething

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 11:48:26 pm »
What's with all these 'good-bye' posts lately? I'm honestly tired of it! All the drama!

(Is it me or the wine talking?)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 12:08:47 am »
I really am not all that familiar with you but if you gotta go, you gotta go. Do YOU, baby!!!!! Wishing you the best whatever your path may be.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Cliff

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 03:53:49 am »
Eric is right.  You have to try and look past the negative and see that there are a lot of good people here.  If you do decide to leave, I wish you well.  And of course, the forums will be here if you ever need any support or have any treatment questions/issues.

Cliff

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 03:58:30 am »
I didn't read the others' responses, but how can you say that this forum "brings out the worse in people" is really beyond me. I know, forums have their own dynamics and sometimes can turn quiet nasty. Here is not the case. Although there can be occasional flareups and disputes, this is the last place I see "the worst if people. If this is "the worst" in your standards, you must have led a very sheltered life indeed...

Anyway, good luck with your journey & take care,
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Angel-Ronnie

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 04:03:44 am »
Well each one to his own right, but ever since I started visiting this forum I have made many good friends on here who has been of great support. We are all dealing with the same little issue here and that is HIV. At first I thought my life is over that it will never be the same again and I was wrong to make that asumption in the first place because the guys on here have made me realize that I have so much to be thankfull for.

Thank you guys for being here you have made a difference in my life.

Yours always

Angel
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it - Charles Swindoll
2012-04-23 CD4=847 VL=125 CD4%=29
06-02-2013 CD4=990 VL=<20 CD4%=28
05-07-2013 CD4=869 VL=<20 CD4%=30
05-12-2013 CD4=859 VL=262 CD4%=28
03-05-2014 CD4=743 VL=<20 CD4%=28
30-09-2014 CD4=291 VL=33 CD4% =30
24-02-2015 CD4 1065 VL=1814 CD4%=30
22-07-2015 CD4=974 VL=<20 CD4%=32
19-01-2016 CD4=940 VL=<30 CD4%=33
11-07-2016 CD4=646 VL=<30 CD4%=26
11-01-2017 CD4=749 VL=<30 CD4%=29
27-06-2017 CD4=948 VL=<30 CD4%=32
22-12-2017 CD4=824 VL=<30 CD4%=32
09-06-2018 CD4=1036 VL=<40 CD4%=31
12-01-2019 CD4=915 VL=<30 CD4%=31
28-05-2019 CD4=855 VL=<40 CD4%=28
24-06-2021 CD4=927 VL=<20 CD4%=33
04-12-2021 CD4=1240 VL=<20 CD4%=34
25-06-2022 CD4=1408 VL=<40 CD4%=33
04-01-2023 CD4=982 VL=<20 CD4%=31
27-05-2023 CD4=1096 VL=<<40 CD4%=32

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 06:35:20 am »
I consider these forums a reflection of reality, but it's not the REAL WORLD here, it is the freaking Internet for pity's sake. If you find nothing of value and only see negative things, then perhaps that is what you are looking for. In any diverse group of people there will some who don’t get along. That’s life. Why behave exactly like the things you are decrying?

If you haven’t made at least one friend here, then you weren’t trying enough.

Blame is lame. Hope you find whatever it is you’re looking for,

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 07:34:13 am »
I hope you find an aids forum where the rivers run chocolate under marshmallow skies. Have you tried the body.com or aids2hiv? Compare and contrast before passing judgement. I notice you have questions about living with hiv that might be answered better elsewhere. Maybe there are HIV sites where every day is a good day and PML and lipodystrophy don't exist...and ADAP is as easy as one, two, three.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 07:47:44 am by Dachshund »

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 07:37:03 am »
Best of luck to you. And more luck in avoiding negative people. They are all over the place...LoL.

I love it here! Just sayin...
Positive since 1985

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 07:48:16 am »
Good Morning Xtente

I believe it was Lay's Potato Chips that used the following as their tagline.
"Betcha can't eat just one." This, of course, was another way of saying their chips were addictive as is this site for many if not most. You may be announcing you are leaving, but I'd bet my last potato chip, you'll lurk. Understandably. Why?

Because there's too much good information here and at times, at a level of honesty you will not experience in the other real life--the life each of us leads with mostly, and thankfully for them and us, hiv negative people. There is not one negative person who can empathize with regard to being hiv positive no matter how much they or you might wish it so and this site, sum total, is the epitome of an empathy pool.

I would question, gently, how well you are dealing in that other world as this online version is essentially the same! In either place, we will, in a Darwinian sense, gravitate toward whatever pack with which we feel we can, and should, run.  For now, you need to trot down another path. As Cliff and others noted, you're always welcome to return here. This is not a pack that will bite because you change your mind.

I live what I consider a full life, but nowhere do I get, nor can I get, this kind of input from such a diverse group.  I'm opined, but don't find I need to post much---but read? oh, do I read. This is my daily reality check at times--it pulls me to a complete and seated stop so I realize Christine, with whom I've never communicated directly exists, struggles, is in dire straits, and shares; that Lis, with whom I've never communicated directly, exists, and lays her monumental decision-making process bare; that Belief, with whom I have communicated directly, exists, is so young, shepherding a son, dealing with her very recent diagnosis, compounded by the suicide of a husband who was soon-to-be-her-ex, and has the presence of mind to share with other women.. They remind me I may have to recall their processes some day and navigate more clearly as a result. They remind me of how good I have it right now, today, and that I damn well better try to make good use of this time for me and in any way I can, for others who are HIV positive and others who are HIV negative.

And, finally, I sense I am many decades older than you and I encourage you to take a breath and consider the concept that quite often what we criticize in others, openly and under that breath, is quite often what we don't like in ourselves. You can learn a lot from yourself by taking that extra moment of breath.

Acceptance of unceasing imperfection is difficult, but that is what is required.

Em
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 07:50:25 am by emeraldize »

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2007, 08:46:28 am »

Oh how we hardly knew ye

"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline redhotmuslbear

• A genuine certified freak of nature, and a hot one
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2007, 08:54:29 am »
Now, if we could just manipulate HIV to make evey pozzie lose any human learned tendancy for manipulating surroundings to fill emotional needs!

Here's a quarter....
"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do." - BF Skinner
12-31-09   222wks VL  2430 CD4 690 (37%)
09-30-09   208wks VL  2050  CD4 925 (42%)
06-25-08   143wks VL  1359  CD4 668 (32%)  CD8 885
02-11-08   123wks off meds:  VL 1364 CD4 892(40%/0.99 ratio)
10-19-07   112wks off meds:   VL 292  CD4 857(37%/0.85 ratio)

One copy of delta-32 for f*****d up CCR5 receptors, and an HLA B44+ allele for "CD8-mediated immunity"... beteer than winning Powerball, almost!

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2007, 08:58:39 am »
After three days of posting, that's a quick decision. I'm sorry we're too positive for you. Good luck!

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Central79

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2007, 09:05:03 am »
With all of 11 posts under your belt, I don't really care what you think. You clearly haven't even given yourself time to settle in before posting an overly critical, negative and, IMHO, incorrect opinon about these forums. This seems more likely to be about you, and stuff you are carrying around, than stuff about the forums you've been a member of for a few days.

I've gotten a lot out of these forums, and even the hard stuff that people come up with here is valuable, maybe even more so. I have definately got a lot of support from the people here - and continue to do so, even though I'm not on meds, have 1,020 CD4s and have been diagnosed only 18 months. It is what you make it.

M.
Diagnosed January 2006
26/1/06 - 860 (22%), VL > 500,000
24/4/06 - 820 (24.6%), VL 158,000
13/7/06 - 840 (22%), VL 268,000
1/11/06 - 680 (21%), VL 93,100
29/1/07 - 1,020 (27.5%), VL 46,500
15/5/07 - 1,140 (22.8%), VL not done.
13/10/07 - 759 (23.2%), VL 170,000
6/11/07 - 630 (25%), VL 19,324
14/1/08 - 650 (21%), VL 16,192
15/4/08 - 590 (21%), VL 40, 832

Offline Sdgirl

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2007, 09:11:25 am »
Huh??????
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2007, 10:52:29 am »
PEACE OUT!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 12:04:51 pm by ACinKC »
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline woodshere

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2007, 11:00:44 am »
Staying gone lasted all of 12 hours.  We hardly knew you were gone.
Welcome Back.
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2007, 11:46:04 am »
Xtente,

This is your first post from May 29.

In 1999 I got kicked out of my house because of a disagreement with my dad. I had broken up with my first GF and was heartbroken. I had lost my job and couldnt pay the rent my dad was charging me, so he and my half brother put all of my belongings in the street and told me not to come back.

I went to stay with a friend and tried to drown my sorrows with sex. 1 month later I got infected with HIV and gonorhea and the person who had it KNEW they had it.

8 years later, I am on the same meds, which i  but have had very many emotional ups and downs. I am currently married and am thinkign of moving to France. unfortunately, I dont know HOW i will pay for meds abroad. In the states I am covered by ADAP. 

My counts have been good. I mean, I found out I was infected a month after it happened so it was caught early.

Unfortunately, there was a period of depression that I went through during which i contracted herpes. That, i hear, complicates things.

8 years into it, I am still on meds, which i cycle, 4 months on, 3 months off. last time i got bloods done my viral load was 400 and my t cells were 800.

I have all of these questions, life questions that I dont know what the answers will be. I mean, how can I have kids. I still wonder if the latest cold i contract will get me.

Its tough some times.

I could use some support.

You have posted 12 times, mainly discussing traveling with drugs to Europe and never once have you asked for anything from us.  Yet here you are telling us how deficient we are when you have been with the forums for all of three days.  You have no concept of the power that resides within these forums, but you never really tried, so your opinion is simply unfounded.

It is one thing to realize that this may not be the place for you, it is quite another to slam an entire group of people who collectively provide some of the most powerful support you could ever experience.  But you don't plan to stick around, so please leave quietly.

Offline carousel

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2007, 11:52:34 am »
Joe

If you read this other post

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=12773.0

you will find out that Xtente has reconsidered leaving.   Many of us say things rashly. 

I hope that they find the support they need from this site, like all of us.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2007, 12:15:24 pm »
Personally I'm still dying to initiate my very own "I am saying goodbye to AidsMeds.com " thread.

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2007, 12:20:01 pm »
I once said I was leaving, not because of the people here, but just because I was spending a lot of time in front of the computer. I came back 8 hours later. As Ann said to me "knowledge is power". I sometimes disappear but return when I have time or when I just feel like.
Of course there is sad people here. I was one of the terrified/scared ones ( I was never sad). But who does not have those feelings from time to time even without and HIV infection diagnosis?
Only robots have a constant moods. I think in these forums there is humanity above all, with all its good and bad things.
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2007, 12:24:22 pm »
I never put my faith in man, I put in it God, and I hope all of you do too, and for those of you who dont, I hope you start to.

I'm sorry you feel this way
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline woodshere

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2007, 12:52:43 pm »
I never put my faith in man, I put in it God.....

That is a shame.

Like you I also put my faith in God, however that faith leads me to listen to man's experience and knowledge.  Blind faith is extremely dangerous.

Offline StrongGuy

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2007, 02:50:07 pm »
While I personally know how unsavory it is to be royally snookered by people (e.g., Eldon and Elizabeth aka Jackie Blue), I think we should leave investigations and inquisitions to the moderators - because sooner rather than later they figure it out and the peopel are dealt with.

And I've seen a lot more good people get raked over the coals and hurt who were legit than the scant bad seeds. Just my thoughts on the situation -- obviously everyone is free to do as they wish.

Xtente, while I never believe Good Bye Cruel World "I'm leaving" posts, I would just say that this place is host to a wide array of HIV experiences. There's the good, the bad, the not so bad, the not so good and you take from it what you want in the context of your own personal situation, your education and knowledge of the disease, your input from doctors and health profeessionals, and your overall life experiences. It's all you can do. This place is never going to be a utopia for any one outlook -- just like HIV and its treatment -- it constantly evolves. You can either accept that or move on.

Peace...
Mike 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 02:56:43 pm by StrongGuy »
"Get your medical advice from Doctors or medical professionals who you trust and know your history."

"Beware of the fortune teller doom and gloomers who seek to bring you down and are only looking for company, purpose and validation - not your best physical/mental interests."

"You know you all are saying that this is incurable. When the real thing you should be saying is it's not curable at the present time' because as we know, the great strides we've made in medicine." - Elizabeth Edwards

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2007, 07:13:20 pm »
Personally I'm still dying to initiate my very own "I am saying goodbye to AidsMeds.com " thread.

I did one once but was talked into staying and I'm glad I did. And yes, I have gotten into a few disagreements but I don't hold grudges. I am better than that

(Am loving your avatar, btw)
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline ds4146

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2007, 10:08:47 pm »
Just thought that I would add this as it seems so appropriate at this time. Wherever you chose to connect, in a group session, at a coffee house, or on site, it is what you chose to make of  it! If you don't like the issue, the discussion, the topic, change it and work it, trust me there is someone who will connect with whatever you bring up. What I have learned from this "journey" is you will not get what you want if you don't seek it out, whether it is help, advice, or just an ear or a good glass of wine! What you might consider and I did, is step away, but use the freedom to chose to come back, don't slam your butt on the way out, check in when it works and step away when you need a break. Every face has a story, and more importantly advice that can work for you! Okay stepping down from the pulpit now.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.