Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 04:25:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772996
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 219
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 157
Total: 158

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Box o meds left by UPS...  (Read 3089 times)

Offline petsu

• Married. She is NEG.
Box o meds left by UPS...
« on: February 16, 2007, 12:15:13 am »
Are Truvada, Viramune and Lipitor OK if the package was left on my patio sidewalk in 0 degree temps for a few hours?
Viramune, Truvada, Lipitor once daily.

Offline allanq

Re: Box o meds left by UPS...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 01:37:27 am »
I would call the mail order pharmacy and request to speak to a pharmacist (not the customer service rep who takes your call). I would think the pharmacist should be able to give you the best advice.

Allan

Offline egello

• cb
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 02:32:44 am »
Are Truvada, Viramune and Lipitor OK if the package was left on my patio sidewalk in 0 degree temps for a few hours?

0 degree, that sucks,
1/29/07 14 T, 300 k V, 1.8 %
2/22/07 197 T, 247 V, 6.8 %
3/27/07 164 T, <50 V, 5.4 %
5/28/07 177 T, <50 V, 8.2 %
7/28/07 214 T, <50 V, 9.6 %
10/3/07 380 T, <50 V, 10 %

Offline AustinWesley

• HIV Discussion Group on Myspace!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 02:16:23 pm »
I agree that if you are concerned the best advice is to contact a pharmacist.   

However, if you have the package inserts which are often left out there is almost always information regarding the storage of prescriptions and what temp. range is acceptable.

If you don't have the prescription insert you can often go to a pharmacy and request one.   Most people don't so they usually have one on hand.   Although HIV meds aren't as common as other meds.

In fact, my pharmacy doesn't carry Atripla even.  The pharmacist had no idea what it was and said oh, that's an expensive one, we'll have to special order it.   ; )   Oy!

Those package inserts have more info. than you will likely want to read and they're in tiny tiny print so get out a magnifying glass.

You could also contact the manufacture 800 numbers to see if they have any opinion.

I'd just call up a pharmacist though.

Wait,  that information should be online!   Can anyone here direct us to a site that would have this info?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 02:21:26 pm by AustinWesley »
Diag. 3/06  Infected aprx. 2 mo. Prior
Date        CD4   %      VL
4/6/06     627    32    36,500     NO MEDS YET!
6/7/06     409    27    36,100
8/23/06   408    25     22,300
1/2/07     354    23     28,700
2/9/07     139    30     23,000  Hep A Vaccine same day???
2/21/07   274    26     18,500 
3/3/07    RX of Truvada/Sustiva Started.
4/5/07    321     27      Undectable 1st mo.  
5/16/07  383     28    Undectable 2nd mo.
8/10/07  422     32   UD <48 on new scale!

Offline Bartro

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 04:17:24 pm »
I looked them up. 

Store LIPITOR at controlled room temperature 20 - 25°C (68 - 77°F)

Store VIRAMUNE at room temperature, between 59° to 86°F (15° to 30°C).

Store TRUVADA at room temperature.  77°F (25°C)

Rusty

Offline petsu

• Married. She is NEG.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 07:12:51 pm »
Pharmacist says they should be fine if it was only a few hours and it is MORE of a prob in heat.. Thanks kids!
Viramune, Truvada, Lipitor once daily.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 07:21:25 pm »
My meds have big labels. DO NOT FREEZE. They are packed in insulated boxes in the winter. Summer they come in insulated boxes with ice packs. I also know when they are coming I a get a phone call. Matter of fact, I got one today from PharmaCare saying my shipment for March will arrive the 27th of this month.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 08:36:41 pm »
You would think they would have a label on the shipping box with some sort of disclaimer about limitations of temperature/duration, etc.  My fuzeon delievery box has a sticker that states "Give High Boarding Priority" which I would expect has limitations defined as not leaving the box on a porch in sub-freezing conditions.

If I were you I'd phone up the pharmacy and request some sort of parcel labeling to prevent this occurring repeatedly.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline MitchMiller

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 11:59:23 pm »
UPS absolutely sucks as a personal delivery service.  If you're in a major metropolitan area FedEx has offices conveniently located at various locations where medications can be held for pickup... ditto for your local post office.  I live in Atlanta, the headquarters of UPS, and they have only one customer pickup location out in the southern industrial subarbs ... and are closed on weekends!   In protest for their horrible customer service, I refuse to use web sites that ship only UPS.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.