HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Severe night sweating

(1/3) > >>

Alex1978:
Hello! I had unprotected oral sex and protected anal or vaginal intercourse 3 weeks ago. A week after intercourse  I started feel sick, had headache, temperature ~99,1. The last 4 nights I have severe cold night sweating. Am I HIV+? I had been very nervous and stresfull during last 2 weeks.

HIV? poz about being neg:
You and me both and everytime you look up drenching night sweats or just night sweats on the internet HIV is always said to be a major concern...I'm dealing with the same thing.

Ann:
H,

Please keep all your comments or questions in your own thread only. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Ann:
Alex,

Protected intercourse is NOT a risk for hiv infection. Getting a blowjob is also NOT a risk for hiv infection. The only oral sex that carries anything of a risk is GIVING a blowjob, but even that is very low risk and unlikely to result in hiv infection.

Symptoms or the lack of symptoms mean nothing when it comes to hiv infection, only testing will tell you your hiv status.

Although you do NOT need testing over the specific incident you bring to us, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Keep using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

dtwpuck:
Take a deep breath.  You're probably sick, but probably not from HIV.   Night sweats are caused by a large number of possible nasty little bugs and other conditions.  (mono, diabetes, anxiety)....   Go see the doctor. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version