Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:01:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 222
Total: 224

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Nutrition, Wumpette Style  (Read 1621563 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Nutrition, Wumpette Style
« on: November 17, 2011, 09:14:12 pm »
I thought I'd have a date with Wumpy tonight, even though he's stood me up. So for dinner I'm making hot dogs (though in a nod to NO MOAR CARBS I shunned the buns), tater tots (yummy! perfect treat for 16 year olds named Justin!) and baked beans (I had trouble finding a can opener because the last time I purchased something in a can was a few years ago).

ps: if I don't come out of the trailer park by midnight send Jan to find me

~toodles~ :P
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
Re: Nutrition, Wumpette Style
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 09:44:42 pm »
Hope you added some American processed cheese slices to the hot dogs and added an extra layer of salt to the tator tots....

I had a large philly cheese steak sub yesterday for lunch - with all the toppings - and they had to wrap it in three layers of paper and the grease still seeped out. Then I went to Duffy's sports bar earlier tonight and had some breaded chicken wings...

Now, I am watching tv and having a few Coronas.

Happy eating - nutrition is way over-rated --- LOL (just kidding as I don't want to pay for my transgressions and cavalier attitude later)

-Phil (whose stomach is still bloated from the philly, the wings, and 5 or 6 Coronas)
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 09:53:22 pm »
If it didn't come out of a drive-thru window, it's not true "Wumpette style", only a sad imitation.

M

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 10:30:36 pm »
If it didn't come out of a drive-thru window, it's not true "Wumpette style", only a sad imitation.

M

Work, Sister Fire :)

@Phil-A-Tio: no cheese slices like that as I can't bring myself to ever eat "cheese food" and I did put some salt on the tater tots, but alas it was sea salt

And a Philly Cheese Steak in MIA? Clutch the pearls! I know that thing wasn't any good. The key is the bread used and the is Sarcone's bakery on S. 9th St.

ps: I forgot that dessert will be a mint Klondike bar and a shot of vodka:)

Offline Jody

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 10:43:12 pm »
Can a big bag of Lays potato chips and a family size Wonder bread be far behind?  And don't forget a vat of Gulden's mustard and maybe some Kraft imitation mayo and those triangular packaged cheeses!  And the appetizer would be Campbell's tomato soup and some Ritz crackers.  For dessert some Hostess cupcakes on a platter.  And wash it all down with some Colt 45 malt liquors!  Then strike up a Newport cig.

Jody :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 01:45:54 pm »
I had a date with someone who has decent feet and not those hoove things that you have that the doctors keep chopping on. Anyways, Went to Cici's pizza and stuffed myself with Hot cinnamon rolls... (I may have to take 4 fish-oils to counteract the 2 platefulls of rolls)

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 02:11:38 pm »

SHAMEFUL  ;D  we have a Cici's pizza  next to a very large trailer-park, and when I went to that place I wasn't very impressed w/ their menu, in fact I got sick the next day, and never returned to the place  ???
I think that Cici's pizza  has moved to another location, and where it used to be is now a Golden Corral
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:16:34 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 02:15:23 pm »

SHAMEFUL  ;D  we have a Cici's pizza  next to a very large trailer-park, and when I went to that place I wasn't very impressed w/ their menu, in fact I got sick the next day, and never returned to the place  ???

Yes, their pizza is horrible, I just go there for the Cinnamon rolls.  ;D
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline denb45

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 02:19:06 pm »

The Golden Corral where that Cici's pizza  is now, is even worse, I got sick there as well, eating a spinach-salad w/ them horrible dry ass eggs they put on it  YUCK  ???
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline denb45

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 02:22:14 pm »
I never knew that Miss P had club-feet, now the word is out  :D

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 02:56:23 pm »
Cinnamon rolls? From a 2nd rate Texas-based pizza buffet chain no less? How depressingly plebeian.

Miss P enjoyed an almond croissant from Di Bruno's and a cup of Aida's Grand Reserve coffee.

ps: for those concerned, as one hour ago post-podiatrist visit I put a shoe on my left foot for the first time in a month. That said, everything down there still feel very stiff.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 03:01:44 pm »
I had a date with someone who has decent feet and not those hoove things that you have that the doctors keep chopping on. Anyways, Went to Cici's pizza and stuffed myself with Hot cinnamon rolls... (I may have to take 4 fish-oils to counteract the 2 platefulls of rolls)

One of those cinnamon rolls looks like a chicken wing... are you sure you got what you paid for?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 03:06:22 pm »
I agree. Those cinnamon rolls look slightly mutated. They look like a plate of turds shot out of an 83 year old woman and then sprayed with hot cum, then shoved to Wumpy through some buffet line glass on a nauseating yellow ochre plate.

Offline denb45

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 03:50:45 pm »
I have to admit, them rolls look kinda scary to me  ;D

Offline denb45

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 04:11:55 pm »

Willy, you better watch out eating them dam things, you might end up w/ GI disease like me, and then you'll have to watch out for anything you put into your mouth & gullet including DICK  :D

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 04:18:31 pm »
My neighbor got food poisoning at CiCi's Pizza. He still went back because apparently it is a lot of food for a little money. I have never eaten there.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 05:09:50 pm »
Im seriously thinking about buying a takeout pan of those tonight, I think you can get a pan for $5.99. I know a pan of gooey hot cinnamon rolls is not good for my elevated cholesterol but DAMMIT Ive been so good diet-wise I really need to fall off the wagon, if only for a night.

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 05:24:28 pm »
but DAMMIT Ive been so good diet-wise I really need to fall off the wagon, if only for a night.

I'm dubious on this claim, and I bet if I ran poll it would show everyone else to be as well.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 05:26:51 pm »
Miss P I'm glad to see you made it safely out of the Trailer Park, though I must confess I was looking forward to bailing you out of there, if only for the experience.

Will concerning the Cinnamon Rolls, I can only say I'm glad they taste better than they look.. ;)

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2011, 10:14:11 am »
Reading this thread makes me glad I am gluten intolerant.

I do have a Glutino gluten free, dairy free and, most likely taste free, pizza in the freezer. That is as close as I get.

HUGS,

Mark

Who once dated an oilfield worker who lived in a trailer park.
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2011, 11:54:10 am »
Whats the fun of a hot dog with no bun.  Or, did you slice them, gril fry to crispy edges and pour the baked beans over it.

They had saucisses de vienne (hot dogs) marked down at the last hour at the supermarket tonight.  I really wanted them, but I opted for boneless skinless turkey breast. A meat so bland I always have to find some spicy saucey way to eat it. And I won't even bother until Tuesday, I bet.  It just doesnt motivate me.

Who was I kidding though. A couple meters down the aisle I spied a chuck of pâté en croûte aux morilles at half price, and threw it in my cart, cause so you know I'm getting my porc fat! 

In the fall I go a a kick of lentil, endives and red beets so I'll probably eat that pate sliced, cold. with lentils and endive, all cheap.  That is perfect for sunday lunch.  I'm planting spring bulbs tomorrow, all day.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2011, 01:39:41 pm »
Whats the fun of a hot dog with no bun.  

You gotta get creative,

Our resident Uppity-Yank will love this one...

My mom used to make a dish called Dotty-Dogs when I was a kid, and actually I still make it from time to time.  You make instant potatos using tomato sauce (makes the potatos nice and red and tangy), then you slice hot dogs half-way thu down the middle lengthwise and put the mashed potatos in them, then top with cheese and bake.

mmm-mmm  ;D

-W
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 01:51:43 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2011, 01:57:23 pm »
I'm eating what ever I want to from now on . I ran , I worked out and ate the right foods and my lipids are still sky high so why bother . Last night was fried potato's with fried pork chops  . I had a half of apple brown Betty pie and a small bag of chili Frito's before bed .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2011, 03:07:32 pm »
I like hot dogs both plain and with buns. It's just that this time I bought "for good kosher Jews" Hebrew National Jumbo Beef Franks (preferred brand, along with Nathan's... I won't buy any others) and they come 4 to a package because of the larger size. Buns are 8 to a package, and since I only indulge in hot dogs maybe twice a year I just figured I'd go without this time.

ps: when I have buns I prefer top-sliced, toasted. And relish is a must! And always resist the urge to buy those hot dogs from street vendors in NYC!

With Kindest Regards,

resident Uppity-Yank
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 03:15:01 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2011, 03:21:45 pm »
I like my hot dog octopuses.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2011, 03:37:08 pm »
I have a hankering for some freshly made party mix and think I will muster up some now that I am thinking about em.  I will add pecans to this.  We actually had a good amount this year from a little pecan grove that is out on the farm.  

Today's treat for me was to fix a few hot spiced rums and then finish spraying some pine cones with cinnamon oil mixed in a bit of water.  The pine cones will dry and smell to high heavens for a few weeks.  Warning:  do NOT get cinnamon oil on your skin... burns like a branding iron on a hot July afternoon.  

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2011, 04:20:52 pm »
Party Mix? As in Chex Party Mix? That's very high in salt, or it is when my mother makes it at Christmas. Between that and gorging on salt-cured country ham I return home with elevated blood pressure.

Offline denb45

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2011, 04:21:37 pm »
Doesn't anyone in here like horse cock, we call it that  :D but it's really (Polish or knotwurst, are Hot Links) d'Yum, those are so good with Sauerkraut & Dark-Imported-Beer  :P

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2011, 04:30:27 pm »
Party Mix? As in Chex Party Mix? That's very high in salt, or it is when my mother makes it at Christmas. Between that and gorging on salt-cured country ham I return home with elevated blood pressure.

It can be very high in salt, especially the kind you purchase already made.  I was checking to see what all I have and can do a version with wheat chex, corn and rice chex, pecans, and wasabi covered peanuts.  I am craving party food for some reason today... could be the little bit of spiced rum I had just a while ago.  

edited to add:  I dont want to blow my BP up so if I make this it will be a lower salt version.  Our Christmas ham will be ordered soon... Virginia ham of course!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 04:38:03 pm by hope_for_a_cure »

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2011, 04:35:03 pm »
Doesn't anyone in here like horse cock, we call it that  :D but it's really (Polish or knotwurst, are Hot Links) d'Yum, those are so good with Sauerkraut & Dark-Imported-Beer  :P

Texas bodain kicks ass too Dennis.  Get the extra spicy, roast it well, slice it and serve as hors d'oeuvres.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2011, 04:38:26 pm »
I won't bother asking who here eats Prosciutto di Cinghiale.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2011, 04:40:25 pm »

I would try it if I were in Italy.... cant knock it till I try it.  Can you buy that in Phila?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2011, 05:02:14 pm »
I would try it if I were in Italy.... cant knock it till I try it.  Can you buy that in Phila?

Yes, I know of a butcher who carries it at the 9th Street italian Market. I'm sure other butchers might have it there too, there are a handful of them. But this one in particular is where I've had it. If you like regular prosciutto then you'd probably like it -- definitely a richer taste. Now see what you folks are missing by not picking Miss P's city for AMG? DC does not have this fierce Italiano flavor! Trust! I grew up there.

All of this food talk made me dig into the fridge to my cheese purchases I made a week ago and believe it or not had not dived into yet --such self-discipline. So I'm now eating a minute portion of Toma della Rocca. It's an amazing soft, stinky cheese from the Piedmont region of Italy and is mixture of cow's, goat's and sheep's milk. This is some seriously great cheese.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 05:29:54 pm by iana5252 »

Offline denb45

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2011, 05:49:52 pm »

I've had Wild boar salami, but it's way to greasy for me, and gives me horrible gas  ???

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2011, 06:05:01 pm »
Did anyone catch Modern Marvels "All About Cold Cuts" last night? They had a segment on how they make Salami. Very interesting. They also showed Carnegie Deli's Pastrami making. The downside to the episode was when they showed how bologna was made...I love bologna (of course) but never really wanted to know how it was made. Its pretty disgusting, Before its cooked its just emulsified meat pieces in a huge vat, it resembles a gooey paste.  :-\

-will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2011, 06:23:41 pm »
I love bologna (of course)

Do you make bologna boats? You know, with the mashed potatoes on top with a piece of fake cheese melted over it all?

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2011, 06:56:39 pm »
Do you make bologna boats? You know, with the mashed potatoes on top with a piece of fake cheese melted over it all?

Yes! We made those as kids and called them "flying saucers".

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2011, 08:03:00 pm »

uhh. no. but sounds delish

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline bocker3

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2011, 08:11:27 pm »
Its pretty disgusting, Before its cooked its just emulsified meat pieces in a huge vat, it resembles a gooey paste.  :-\
-will

Hmmmm?  Not unlike your innards after a run to Sonics -- or Steak and Shakes -- or <fill in the fast food restaurant of the day>.

Granny should know better and set a good eating example for the granddaughter.......

;D  :-*

Mike

Offline mecch

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2011, 08:18:55 pm »
 You make instant potatos using tomato sauce (makes the potatos nice and red and tangy), then you slice hot dogs half-way thu down the middle lengthwise and put the mashed potatos in them, then top with cheese and bake.
It should be vile but that sounds delicious.  Can I watch Parent Trap on DVD while I eat?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Basquo

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2011, 08:19:53 pm »
CiCi's in Austin are all owned by the same old guy and he known for keeping his storefronts spotless and shining. I used to go to one on the east side at least twice a month when I was single, but have been only once or twice since cohabitating. The manager recognized me when I came in and had the kitchen throw a mushroom pie in the oven for me immediately. I may have to trek over there one day when I start driving again. Santi's not down w/ that. Ferociously anti-carb unless alcohol is involved.

Offline mecch

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2011, 08:20:54 pm »
And always resist the urge to buy those hot dogs from street vendors in NYC!
Why? They won't kill you and anyone with a normal diet can stomach them and sometimes its heaven!
Yes, EVERY relish and condiment available!

Offline mecch

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2011, 08:22:52 pm »
Doesn't anyone in here like horse cock, we call it that  :D but it's really (Polish or knotwurst, are Hot Links) d'Yum, those are so good with Sauerkraut & Dark-Imported-Beer  :
Yes I eat all kinds of white sausage in Switzerland.  When in Rome do as the romans.

Key is tasty mustard.

Offline mecch

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2011, 08:30:56 pm »
Yes you can get all sorts of it with Swiss, Austrian or Italian pigs.  They say the black forest boar is a scam though.
In Geneva, the government hunts the pigs and only a few butchers get the meat.
Its a guilty pleasure.
I dip figs, dates or dried apricots in MOSTARDA DI FRUTTA syrup then wrap in Prosciutto di Cinghiale on an amber glass plate.  If the fruit in the mustard is really top, then I'll just use it.  Nuke it 2 minutes at least on high power. its best piping hot and the prosciutto, scandale, is cooked!. It floods the aparment with voluptuous aromas.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2011, 08:42:39 pm »
Why? They won't kill you and anyone with a normal diet can stomach them and sometimes its heaven!
Yes, EVERY relish and condiment available!

I saw too many reports on television when I lived in NYC about the rodent situation in the warehouses where they store those carts. And how the heated water the hot dogs are cooked in routinely tests for something nasty, can't recall the specifics.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2011, 09:19:08 pm »
I saw too many reports on television when I lived in NYC about the rodent situation in the warehouses where they store those carts. And how the heated water the hot dogs are cooked in routinely tests for something nasty, can't recall the specifics.

had an amazing Dog from one of those carts on Wall St, or Broad Street, somewhere down in front of the Stock Exchange a couple years ago. It really was fantastic! Stomach survived it, but I do have a cast iron stomach.

@ Grandma Bocker - my diet is not for the faint of heart, but im doing much better! Ive actually had Oatmeal and a banana for breakfast every morning for the past few weeks. As a matter of fact Ive already finished one of those BIG containers of Quaker Oats.   ;D This is real progress

-W

« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 09:31:13 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline bocker3

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2011, 11:33:17 pm »
@ Grandma Bocker - my diet is not for the faint of heart, but im doing much better! Ive actually had Oatmeal and a banana for breakfast every morning for the past few weeks. As a matter of fact Ive already finished one of those BIG containers of Quaker Oats.   ;D This is real progress
-W

Well, good -- keep it up.  Remember that someday, Grandma Wump will be passing on her special recipes to the granddaughter.  
Of course, you will have to come up with some recipes first................  Preferably some with natural ingredients!   ;)

M
(who is laughing pretty hard right now about the name, "Grandma Wump" -- which is probably better than "Grandma Willy")

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2011, 08:03:51 pm »
OMG, gonna ahve to make this and take it to my Aunties Thurs. Btw, one of the best things about Thanksgiving in the south is how we can turn a perfectly healthy vegetable into a gooey sugary dessert that masquerades as a side dish  ;D

"Fluffy sweet potatoes mixed with butter, sugar, and vanilla, and baked with a crunchy pecan streusel topping"

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sweet-potato-casserole-ii-3/detail.aspx
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline denb45

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2011, 08:54:31 pm »

I just cook them sweet-potatos up like mashed potatos, sweet potates are just that, you don't need any of that sugar, and vanilla, I just put low-fat butter on them & serve them up just the way they are..d'yum

Willy, I fear that your gonna up with DIABETES if your not careful with all that sugar intake, you know better than that  ;)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2011, 09:30:24 pm »
Thanksgiving in the south
it's NOT truly a Southern sweet potato casserole dish if it doesn't have a layer of toasted marshmellows on the top.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.